EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Hindsight is Always 20/20: America's Racial History

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hindsight is Always 20/20: America's Racial History
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/bofa-cantor-fitzgerald-bank-racial-discrimination_n_1691186.html.

When the laws of segregation were rescinded did U.S.--following the advice of Martin L. King-- throw out the baby with the bathwater?

I ask this noting how successful businesswise were the communities such as Black Wall Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and others were in the Apartheid days.

Are black graduates of the white Ivy League schools better of than if they had gone to the major HBUs that people like Dubois, King, and others attended?

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link works, I hope.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/bofa-cantor-fitzgerald-bank-racial-discrimination_n_1691186.html?utm_hp_ref=bank-of-america

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lamin, what's more interesting and revealing about the story are the racist and fear driven comments from white male posters on the Huffington Post site.
Their behavior is driven by OCA genetically induced mental illness and impossible to cure due to their present status as Mental Patients In Charge Of The Asylum.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/bofa-cantor-fitzgerald-bank-racial-discrimination_n_1691186.html.

When the laws of segregation were rescinded did U.S.--following the advice of Martin L. King-- throw out the baby with the bathwater?

I ask this noting how successful businesswise were the communities such as Black Wall Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and others were in the Apartheid days.

Are black graduates of the white Ivy League schools better of than if they had gone to the major HBUs that people like Dubois, King, and others attended?

your link;

NEW YORK, July 20 (Reuters) - Two separate lawsuits alleging racial discrimination were filed in federal court in New York on Friday, against Bank of America and investment bank Cantor Fitzgerald.
Jack Mitchell, who is black and worked as a manager at Bank of America from February 2007 to July 2008, alleges the bank maintained an "apartheid" system of business allocation, believing white clients would not want to be served by African American employees.
Under this system, Mitchell alleges, employees such as himself were routinely assigned to branches in low-income black communities, negatively affecting his compensation. Mitchell claims he was fired in retaliation for complaining about "the bank's racist practices."
Bank of America spokesman Bill Halldin declined to comment on the suit but said that "diversity and inclusion are part of Bank of America's culture and core values."
Mitchell is seeking damages of not less than $10 million.
Also on Friday, Jermaine James, a black employee of Cantor Fitzgerald from October 2004 to July 2008, filed a suit alleging pervasive racial harassment condoned by the bank's management. He claims colleagues made "monkey noises" in his presence and that one co-worker said he would be "enjoying his weekend where there won't be any niggers."
According to the complaint, when James protested that discrimination was preventing his advancement at the bank, his manager told him he needed to transfer office locations in order to "be around his own people." When James asked what he meant, the manager responded, "black people."
A spokesperson for Cantor Fitzgerald was not immediately available for comment.
James claims he too was fired for raising the allegations and is asking to be rehired. He is also seeking back pay, bonuses, and punitive damages.

your question is odd in light of this story.
If segregation was not a bad idea then the black Bank of America employee has no ground for complaint as per where he was assigned to work
They were segregating him to work only in "his" community and not to serve white clients.
This story represents a company doing things "the old way"

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Depends. If you put your school down on a resume and its HBU it could give the interviewer knowledge your black. If they racist they may not hire you. Same with black names and why black people are stressin over whether or not to give their kids African names. If it can associated w/ blackness, the interviewer could just throw your application right in the trash...
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
your question is odd in light of this story.
If segregation was not a bad idea then the black Bank of America employee has no ground for complaint as per where he was assigned to work
They were segregating him to work only in "his" community and not to serve white clients.
This story represents a company doing things "the old way"

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Computer glitch.

My response is that both Bank of America employees would most likely be working for black-owned banks and which would have a general policy of seeking business with all ethnic groups in the U.S.

That's why I said the King message resulted in "throwing out the baby with the bathwater". The optimal solution would have been to dismantle the laws of segregation and use the new "space" to expand black-owned businesses such as banks throughout society. Do you get it?

For example, suppose Chinese restaurants operated according to laws of segregation meaning that they were restricted to Chinatown and most of their customers were Chinese. When such laws will have been struck down they could then then move to any part of town and operate their businesses to customers from all groups.

It would be a business mistake for them to close their restaurants and go into town to work for the owners of other restaurants.

The bathwater[laws of segregation] was thrown out but the baby[black businesses such as banks, real estate companies,etc.]
was also thrown out.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Depends. If you put your school down on a resume and its HBU it could give the interviewer knowledge your black. If they racist they may not hire you. Same with black names and why black people are stressin over whether or not to give their kids African names. If it can associated w/ blackness, the interviewer could just throw your application[ right in the trash...
But if black businesses--banks, insurance companies, hospitals, newspapers, etc.-- are thriving as they on Black Wall Street such businesses would hire the graduates from the HBUs.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
[QB] Computer glitch.

My response is that both Bank of America employees would most likely be working for black-owned banks and which would have a general policy of seeking business with all ethnic groups in the U.S.

That's why I said the King message resulted in "throwing out the baby with the bathwater". The optimal solution would have been to dismantle the laws of segregation and use the new "space" to expand black-owned businesses such as banks throughout society. Do you get it?

would this expansion of black-owned business be government subisdized?

Let's look at the history of black owned banks in America.
Currently there are 26 either black-owned or operated banks in the country. I think there are less black owned banks now (?)
Where's Oprah and Jay Z. Couldn't they start something together.
You don't always need huge amounts of capital. You can form local credit unions.
Why waste time contemplating "what if they had kept segregation"

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
[quote]Why waste time contemplating "what if they had kept segregation" [/quote

Stop being transparently dumb. That's exactly what my post said amounts to "throwing out the bathwater".

You throw out the bathwater but not to baby too.

You also ignorant too of the fact that banks can create capital simply by increasing their assets and reducing their liabilities.

For a population of 40 million 26 weakly capitalised banks are just inadequate.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Jay Z is dumb and Oprah would run and consult her mentors about making serious decisions.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
this is way I always use a filter when I throw out bath water. Sometimes a baby turns up and it gets caught in the filter

Anyway I thought you were a commie, nationalize the banks, Cuba type stuff

everybody hates banks right now

I haven't had time to research: The History of Black Banks

there was even book by that name in 1956
that plus up to today

what do the Chinese do?
The key might be an African bank coming to America, in the future

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
LOL. You come up with irrelevant stuff when cornered. In logic they call that "ignoratio elenchi".

quote:
Anyway I thought you were a commie, nationalize the banks, Cuba type stuff
Just priceless. LOL.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I assume the Black is keeping himself in slavery and degredation.

The rationale behind segregation and what they came up after wards is always the same: no sharing od f power with blacks, not promoting Blacks to positions of power and authority.

Those who still succed are always warned not to use their money to make a real change. They need working stiffs, a pool of unemployed, people who remain uneducated and degraded by drugs and rough life, who will do menial jobs and be content to clean toilets. Or just starve.

Oshun and the lioness are the same person. She, (it), is the coloured person from the lioness corps, probably a true Black hating mulatto and married a white man, and she had to proof to us they were not racist, with a token Black among them. She is indeed a token Black, and a housenigger bitch with a vengeance.

Honey, did you destroy my Was Jane Austen Black Thread? Much older and less usefull threads were kept, but not my Jane Austen. You will not succeed, I'm the voice of the furure, and soon you will be told Jane Austen was Black from more august corners.

May god remember her soon and call her to his side.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com