EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Egypt under Rome and Byzantium, 30 B.C.-A.D. 640 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Egypt under Rome and Byzantium, 30 B.C.-A.D. 640
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
...It's an Ottoman Turkish bathhouse. The black women are slave servants of the white harem girls who are also slaves. Their job is to wash them

Leona

Since when did slaves start owing slaves?

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
^ LOL Hate to admit that was funny. Jesus Mike, you really are a dumbass. No wonder Lioness likes you so much.

Damn, Albinos sure are stupid!

That's what happens when you see what you wish for, instead of what's actually really there.

-

-

Doxie, you want some of that, don't you.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB]  -

Slave market, from Muslim manuscript of 13th c.. Published on L'Illustration, Journal Universel, Paris, 1860, drawing of Parent from collection of M. Schefer, professor at school of oriental languages

Encyclopaedia Aethiopica: He-N

edited by Siegbert Uhlig
 -
 -
 -

Yemen's medieval history is a tangled chronicle of contesting local Imams. The Fatimids of Egypt helped the Isma'ilis maintain dominance in the 11th century through the Sulayhid dynasty founded and brought to peak by Ali al-Sulayhi between 1047-1063. Turan-Shah annexed Yemen to the Ayyubid Empire of Saladin in 1173. The Rasulid dynasty ruled Yemen, with Zabid as its capital, from about 1230 to the 15th century. In 1516, the Mamluks of Egypt annexed Yemen; but in the following year, the Mamluk governor surrendered to the Ottomans, and Turkish armies subsequently overran the country. They were challenged by the Zaidi Imam, Qasim the Great (r.1597–1620), and were expelled from the interior around 1630. From then until the 19th century, the Ottomans retained control only of isolated coastal areas, while the highlands generally were ruled by the Zaidi Imams.

Besides being the capital of Yemen from the 13th to the 15th century, the city of Zabid played an important role in the Arab and Muslim world for many centuries because of its Islamic university.

The Ayyūbids of Egypt, when they invaded Yemen in 1173, found it parceled out among several dynasties. Ayyūbid objectives were probably part political, to find themselves a haven and destroy the Ismāʿīlites, and part economic, to control the India trade route. They remained in power until about 1229

From 1216 until 1429, Rasulid rulers encouraged learning and built schools for teaching the Koran and the sciences (madrasas ), along with the necessary hostels for students, all over the region: of the 62 madrasas recorded in Zabid, 22 still survive.

The Rasulids were a Muslim dynasty that ruled Yemen and Hadhramaut from 1229 to 1454. The Rasulids assumed power after the Egyptian Ayyubids left the southern provinces of the Arabian Peninsula.

The Rasulids descended from the eponymous Rasul (his real name is Muhammad ibn Harun), a Turkmen Oghuz chief. Later, they assumed an Arab lineage, claiming descent from an ancient Arabian tribe. Rasul came to Yemen around 1180 while serving as a messenger for an Abbasid caliph. His son Ali was governor of Mecca for a time, and his grandson Umar bin Ali was the first sultan of the Rasulid dynasty.

Zabid lost its political and economic importance under the Tahirid dynasty (1454-1538), but retained its role as a university. With the establishment of Ottoman rule, Zabid was completely neglected in favour of the capital city, Sana'a.

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

-

The European Orientalist painters provide Mike's masturbation supplies

Now what was the context of a painting like this. Who was running the show?

Moors were rewarded for helping the Ottomans to acquire kidnapped Europeans on the barbary coast.

Towards the latter part of the Ottoman Empire during the 19th century with the decline of its European territories the Ottomans began to import slaves from the sub Sahara via Egypt. Black slaves became a common sight amongst the Ottoman elite where they worked mostly in the households of rich Ottomans as servants or maids. When slavery was abolished in Turkey by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk some of these black former slaves moved from Istanbul to the city of İzmir and the surrounding villages
 -

^^^ Afroturk

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
quote:
...It's an Ottoman Turkish bathhouse. The black women are slave servants of the white harem girls who are also slaves. Their job is to wash them

they are not owned by the white women but they serve them by washing them. They were both slaves of the Ottoman Turks

Of course I could be wrong, the black woman here does sort of look like a noble possibly a black queen according to xyyman and Mike.

Now maybe you can redirect this thread to Roman Egypt as opposed to sexy paintings made by albinos

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
quote:

Leona

You're such a dumbass.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike. I will provide more details later. But the black woman is NOT holding the child. Look at the feet.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
I looked at that painting several times in the past and never noticed those details.

Even this one. See the child and the dress of the black woman behind the child. She looks like nobility?

These details are right in front our faces but we believe the lies without questioning the authors.

-

Not sure if I understand your point xyyman:

The "Great Bath" depicted a communal bath which acted as a bath, a meeting place, and no doubt, a whore house too. Unlike a harem which was exclusively for the lord.

There are no Black women bathers in the picture, so this is obviously more a whorehouse for Turkish women.

The Black guy in the center has already chosen a woman and the one in red pants in the rear is just chatting up the girls.

The Black woman with the child is obviously a servant.

The woman sitting in the middle is sucking on a "Hash Pipe" the favorite paraphernalia of Harem Women and Whores.

Ordinarily there would be more men in the picture, but the painter decided he preferred more women.

What did you "Think" you were seeing?

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

[/qb]
 -

xyyman IQ, 144

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
You're such a dumbass.

anguishofbeingstupid - You are a disgrace to Albinos everywhere!
Look at all the fine lies that Lioness and other Albinos come up with.

He,he,he: Like Black slave soldiers, you know, like the Turk Mamlukes. When there is no history of Blacks ever having such a thing.

And there pathetic you are with this lame-assed sh1t "You're such a dumbass". That's really sad man, it's best that you keep quiet rather than embarrassing yourself further.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Abdulhamid II, His Imperial Majesty, The Sultan Abdülhamid II, Emperor of the Ottomans, Caliph of the Faithful, Abd Al-Hamid II Khan Ghazi, The Great Hakan, (by his opponents) The Crimson Sultan (Ottoman Turkish: عبد الحميد ثانی `Abdü’l-Ḥamīd-i sânî, Turkish: İkinci Abdülhamit) (22 September 1842 – 10 February 1918) was the 99th caliph of Islam and the 34th sultan of the Ottoman Empire. He was the last Sultan to exert effective control over the Ottoman Empire.[1] He oversaw a period of decline in the power and extent of the Empire, ruling from 31 August 1876 until he was deposed on 27 April 1909. He was succeeded by Mehmed V. His deposition following the Young Turk Revolution was hailed by most Ottoman citizens, who welcomed the return to constitutional rule.
 -

Starting around 1890 the Armenians began demanding the implementation of the reforms which were promised to them at the Berlin conference.[13] Unrest occurred in 1892 and 1893 at Merzifon and Tokat. Armenian groups staged protests and were met by violence. Sultan Abdülhamid did not hesitate to put down these revolts with harsh methods, possibly to show the unshakable power of the monarch, and often used the local Muslims (in most cases the Kurds) against the Armenians.[14] According to Turkish scholar Taner Akçam, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany claimed that eighty thousand Armenians had been killed, and French reports claimed that two hundred thousand had been killed.[15] In 1907, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation attempted to assassinate him with a car bombing during a public appearance, but the Sultan delayed for a minute and the bomb went off early, killing 26, wounding 58 (of which four died at hospital) and demolishing 17 cars in the process. Surviving the assassination, he pardoned the assassin.
The ex-sultan was conveyed into dignified captivity at Salonica. In 1912, when Salonica fell to Greece, he was returned to captivity in Istanbul. He spent his last days studying, carpentering and writing his memoirs in custody at Beylerbeyi Palace in the Bosphorus, where he died on 10 February 1918, just a few months before his brother, the Sultan. He was buried in Istanbul. Abdülhamid was the last relatively authoritative Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. He presided over thirty three years of decline. The Ottoman Empire had long been acknowledged as the Sick Man of Europe by its enemies, the British, French and most European countries excluding Germany, Bulgaria and Austria-Hungary.
 -

Abdul Hamid II attempted to correspond with the Chinese Muslim troops in service of the Qing imperial army serving under General Dong Fuxiang; they were also known as the Kansu Braves.

Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany also requested the Sultan's help when having trouble with Muslims. During the Boxer Rebellion, the Chinese Muslim Kansu Braves fought against the German Army repeatedly, routing them along with the other 8 nation alliance forces at the First intervention, Seymour Expedition, China 1900. It was only on the second attempt in the Gasalee Expedition did the Alliance manage to get through to battle the Chinese Muslim troops at the Battle of Peking. Kaiser Wilhelm was so alarmed by the Chinese Muslim troops that he requested the Caliph Abdul Hamid II of the Ottoman Empire to find a way to stop the Muslim troops from fighting. Abdul Hamid II agreed to the Kaiser's demands and sent Enver Pasha to China in 1901, but the rebellion was over by that time

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got jokes? [Big Grin]
Nevertheless. I am new to this but there is someone between the black woman and the other. That person is holding the child. My question is really, what is a child doing in a "whorehouse"?.
As for the other painting you are wrong. The. Two blackmen are bidding on the woman....clearly. And. As I said. I question everything written by white people. What is the translation?

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New to what? You've been here since 2007.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Got jokes? [Big Grin]
Nevertheless. I am new to this but there is someone between the black woman and the other. That person is holding the child. My question is really, what is a child doing in a "whorehouse"?.
As for the other painting you are wrong. The. Two blackmen are bidding on the woman....clearly. And. As I said. I question everything written by white people. What is the translation?

don't get your info from Mike. Where do you think gets it? White people books and paintings

go here:

http://books.google.com/

type in

Turkish bath Bursa

and you will find out a lot more than white historian derived bits Mike reshapes with his own jungle fever fantasies and feeds to you. Example, he calls it a whorehouse but presented to evidence to that effect. It is simply a bath scene idiots
And it's an orienatlist painting. Look up orientalist painting, the intent of these European painters and how they looked at the Muslim world, It is coming from a certain perspective

I already posted info about Zabid in Yemen

If you read below Gerome replaced some men with women.

I will have to do further research on this painting.
Is there a male even in the painting? And if there is that means he's buying women? based on what? made up bullsyht?
It's the fvcking Turkish empire

http://www.orientalisma.com/articles/Article_Gerome_Grand_bath.html
Ten years after his first trip to Turkey in 1875, Gérôme produced the most celebrated and impressive of his bath scene paintings, La Grande piscine à Brusa. Exhibited in the Paris Salon of 1885, Fanny Field Hering recalled in her 1892 monograph on Gérôme that the picture ‘aroused the most enthusiastic admiration’ and declared that it was ‘probably the most remarkable of his pictures in this genre’ (Hering, p. 247).
This splendid evocation of ladies lounging around an octagonal hot pool in a Turkish bath is set under the great dome of the caldarium in Yeni Kaplica, Bursa’s ‘New Baths’ built in 1552 from designs possibly by the Master Builder Sinan (see also lots 140 and 144 for other constructions by Sinan). Bursa had been the ancient capital of the Ottoman Empire before the conquest of Constantinople in 1453. By the time the present work was executed in 1885 Gérôme had moved away from heroic history painting towards archeological accuracy and objective realism. That is not to say that he adhered to Courbet’s transitory school of Realism - the poses and finish of Gérôme’s nudes remain grounded in academic idealism - but rather that he paid greater attention to the ensemble; he studied the relation of the figures to their costumes, to the floors and to the walls and accessories around them. The room is in a real building depicted as it looked during Gérôme’s lifetime, and the activities of the women are as close to everyday life as Gérôme could imagine. The nudes are carefully studied, well placed, delightfully posed and painted and, in Gerald Ackerman's opinion, 'the standing nude in the foreground is a singular accomplishment among Gérôme’s many fine nudes'; the ensemble is subtle in line, shape and colour.
Gérôme's inspiration for this monumental composition was almost certainly sparked by his 1879 visit to Bursa. During this sojourn he not only sketched some of the older monuments of the town including the Green Mausoleum of Mehemet I but documented the interior of the New Baths in an oil sketch that has since been lost. Fréderic Masson records an entertaining account by Gérôme (probably in a letter) of this experience:
During a stay in Bursa, I was taken by the architecture of the baths, and they certainly offered a chance to study nudes. It wasn’t just a question of going to see what was going on inside, and of replacing [some men by some women], I had to have a sketch of this interior; and since the temperature inside was rather high, I didn’t hesitate to sketch in the simple apparel of a beauty just aroused from her sleep—that is, in the buff. Sitting on my tripod, my paint box on my knees, my palette in my hand, I was a little grotesque, but you have to know how to adapt yourself as necessary. I had the idea of painting my portrait in this costume, but I dropped it, fearing that my image (dal vero) might get me too much attraction and launch me in a career as a Don Juan. (Masson, p. 30)

The subject of La Grande piscine was not uncommon in 19th Century painting; Delacroix, Ingres and Chassériau (see lot 108) had already received critical acclaim for their various nudes set in Turkish interiors. Ingres’ famous rendering of this subject in 1862 is an exotic fantasy of voluptuous flesh and writhing bodies. In contrast with this and even Gérôme’s other bath scenes, the composition of La Grande piscine seems devoid of lasciviousness or even the mildest evocation of eroticism: the nudes are not shown as examples of primitive sensuality as is the tradition in depicting bath scenes; they do not writhe and pose in erotic deprivation or anticipation; they are simply engaged in the social activity of spending the day at the bath. They stand and move around or settle down in casual, unself-conscious poses, like people relaxing at a bath. Of the some twenty women depicted, only one, seated on the basket chair to the right, has a bit of self-conscious coyness about her pose.
It seems likely that Gérôme, working in the bath on Men’s Day, naturally, observed the casual society of the male bathers around him in the warm, steamy space. Their relaxed deportment gave him a clue as to the behaviour of the women on their day. The women stand and converse, walk about, smoke a hookah, or gather in gregarious gatherings on the niche benches; or sit on the edge of the pool with their feet dangling in the water. Two have hopped or walked into the hot water, and stay cautiously half-emerged.
The composition centres on the standing couple to the right, with the dazzling contrast of a black arm crossing a white back as a personal slave puts her arm around her unsteady mistress both in support and affection, while the pair, standing on their ornate pattens to prevent them from slipping, stops their circumnavigation of the pool. The self-composure and haughty glance of the standing white nude over her shoulder seems to attract the interest of the bathers in the pool, drawing the viewer into the intimate circle of gazes. The circular movement around the pool, directed by the turned heads unites the composition around a central event, as in a formal history painting.
The contrast of the light and dark skin is dazzling, as well as being an acutely transmitted tactile experience. Although Lynne Thornton argues that this contrast was a social and historical statement and that it would not have shocked the public as it did in the contemporary European context of Manet’s Olympia (Thornton, p. 76), Ruth Bernard Yeazell claims of Gérôme’s work that ‘while the half-nudity of the black figure duly contributes to the viewer’s seduction, there is no question that she is designed, in every sense of the word, to serve her fairer companion’ (Harems of the Mind, New Haven, 2000, p. 105). The African’s black arm draped around the pearly-white Circassian’s waist heightens the appeal of the model’s sensuously-poised rear.
The London Athenæum recognized the masterful quality of the main protagonist, reporting ‘this young bather is one of the best figures M. Gérôme has ever painted, so clear, firm, elastic, and rosy. It is exquisitely drawn and modeled with the utmost choiceness, refinement, and research.’ Indeed she is expertly drawn, caught in the contrapposto evoked by the imbalance of her uneasy stance and her skeletal and muscular adjustment to the support of the slave’s shoulder: all this unconscious physical activity is dominated by her glance over to the woman in the pool. The action caught is as subtle as it is masterful. This nude is rivaled in beauty if not in complexity only by the nude seen from the rear in the Vente d'esclaves à Rome of 1886 (Walters Art Museum, Baltimore).
Instead of portraying his models in erotic poses, Gérôme observes the movement of muscle and flesh as the body turns, and records the manner in which light falls on the skin. The structure of bones, the mechanism of the musculature, and the flexibility of the skin were wonders, beauties of nature to be observed, studied and reported. Gérôme’s skill in portraying the human body encouraged him (and his friend Degas) to sometimes place their models in awkward positions to reveal, in full splendour, the anatomy of the human body. Gerald Ackerman has suggested that the wonderful nude figure in La Grande piscine is a criticism and correction of the awkward standing slave in Delacroix’s Femmes d'Alger of 1834 in the Louvre. This seems likely considering that Gérôme once corrected Manet’s foreshortening of a horse in one of his own paintings.
Gérôme’s nudes of the eighties benefited from the intense study of the nude he had taken up as he started to sculpt in the late 1870s. This foreground pair is, of course, carefully and precisely painted based on studio drawings, but every other prominent nude in the picture seems the result of study and sketches; particularly those in the water and around the pool. Although Gérôme sketched the interior of the baths in detail while in Bursa, his studies of the female nudes along with the finished painting would have been executed back in his Paris studio. Gérôme knew a good model when he had one, and he unabashedly and joyfully puts her in everywhere, in the water, on the floor, and in the recesses of the building. The space is large and full of steam caught by rays of light coming through the small glazed windows high above. The water is brightly glaucous despite the foggy vapour in the air, illuminated by streaks of light from small windows up high. On top of all these achievements - great perspective, the exact placement in space of each figure, nudes in a variety of poses and activities - the composition is held together by Gérôme’s organisation of the figures and the event, and his rigorously controlled but subtle colour. The sophistication of the composition is helped by a clever device: the placement of the standing couple off centre to the right, while the centre is held down by one of the great stone piles supporting the dome (forming a compositional vertical reinforced by a hookah and the back of the foreground woman in the pool). Throughout the composition, Gérôme’s immense skill as a painter and draughtsman is backed up by his equally sharp intelligence.
Hering recalls her first glimpse of La Grande Piscine à Brusa at the Salon exhibition:
We well remember strolling through the Palais de l’Industrie, on a gloomy, rainy morning, that reminded one of London, and suddenly exclaiming, The weather must be clearing!’ But the sound of the steady downpour soon undeceived us and we found that the warm light shone out from a large canvas on the opposite side of the room. It seemed to fill the whole gallery with its sunny rays, so wonderful was the refraction from the great pool of water and the rising vapour. (Hering, p. 247)
In his analysis of La Grande Piscine à Brusa Ackerman remarks: 'none of the other bath scenes by Gérôme seem to be based on such objective thought and observation; the baths in most of them are—as was proper for the genre—usually hot houses of licentious longing and fantasy but not of activity, for they are male bereft. In fact, when Tsar Alexander III bought this picture from Gérôme, he already owned another bath scene that was in the traditional bath scene genre - that is, deliberately lascivious, Femmes au bain. He bought the painting after the Paris Salon of 1876.'
Extolling the outstanding merits of the present work, Ackerman continues: 'although Gérôme’s Oriental bathing scenes are among the most popular and famous of his subjects, they actually number together fewer than thirty paintings—that is, less than half of one percent of his oeuvre. Of all these often splendid bathing scenes, La Grande Piscine à Brusa is the largest, the best composed, the most intelligently arranged, the most interesting, or, in sum, the most wonderful.'

CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Mike I don't.
Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
You know Doxie, somehow it seems to me that you would really enjoy life in the Harem. Plus Black guys never get tired.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
You know Doxie, somehow it seems to me that you would really enjoy life in the Harem. Plus Black guys never get tired.

when you say Black guys do you mean the Turkish Sultans who owned the harem? or their Moorish collborators?
Mike, you would have had a ball working for the Turks.
get yourself a white ho for a few hours, maybe you can get it out of your system

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
when you say Black guys do you mean the Turkish Sultans who owned the harem? or their Moorish collaborators?
get yourself a white ho for a few hours, maybe you can get it out of your system

Lioness, the pressure to find new lies is getting to you. Moors relate to the Berbers of North Africa. The Turks usually dealt with Arabs and other Blacks of Egypt and west Asia.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
when you say Black guys do you mean the Turkish Sultans who owned the harem? or their Moorish collaborators?

Lioness, the pressure to find new lies is getting to you. Moors relate to the Berbers of North Africa. The Turks usually dealt with Arabs and other Blacks of Egypt and west Asia.
15c Writers such as Duarte Barbosa called people from as far as Sofala in Mozambique "Moors"
including Moors who were black others tawny

I prefer it to mean only people who came from the Mahgreb, but "Moor" is not a term people called that applied to themsleves, it is a loose term up for grabs

But it doesn't matter blacks you point out in these paintings are Muslim convert employees of the Turks and in other cases slaves.
quote:
The Black guy in the center has already chosen a woman and the one in red pants i

LIE, complete fabrication, the idea that a transaction is even going on

saying the women are whores, complete fabrication

furthermore all blacks in this picture may be women

-

the situation is obvious, the black person,
probably a woman, is holding the white child you can see the dark fingers coming around
from the back on the child's torso

alternative view:

the black person is nobleman who is buying the services of the white woman in order to produce a child of reduced melanin.
A baby is practising levitation in between them.
What appear to be fingers are actually sausages glued onto the baby so he can eat them later. The sausages are lamb sausages rather than pork so that halal rules are followed

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
LIE, complete fabrication, the idea that a transaction is even going on

saying the women are whores, complete fabrication

furthermore all blacks in this picture may be women

Lioness - Damn your stupid!

Which part of "TURKISH HOUSEWIVES DID NOT SMOKE HASHISH" don't you understand?

Only "Fallen" women would do it publicly - stupid!

-

Is it that you don't know what Hash is????

Hashish, often known as "hash", is a cannabis product composed of compressed or purified preparations of stalked resin glands, called trichomes, collected from the unfertilized buds of the cannabis plant. It contains the same active ingredients—such as THC and other cannabinoids—but in higher concentrations than unsifted buds or leaves.

It is consumed by being heated in a pipe, hookah, bong, bubbler, vaporizer, hot knife, smoked in joints, mixed with cannabis buds or tobacco (the latter being more common in Europe and Africa), or cooked in foods.

-

-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a paper on how the Turks saw Hashish.

http://rbedrosian.com/Downloads/Hashish_Islam_9-18th.pdf

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
I looked at that painting several times in the past and never noticed those details.

Even this one. See the child and the dress of the black woman behind the child. She looks like nobility?

These details are right in front our faces but we believe the lies without questioning the authors.

-

Not sure if I understand your point xyyman:

The "Great Bath" depicted a communal bath which acted as a bath, a meeting place, and no doubt, a whore house too. Unlike a harem which was exclusively for the lord.

There are no Black women bathers in the picture, so this is obviously more a whorehouse for Turkish women.

The Black guy in the center has already chosen a woman and the one in red pants in the rear is just chatting up the girls.

The Black woman with the child is obviously a servant.

The woman sitting in the middle is sucking on a "Hash Pipe" the favorite paraphernalia of Harem Women and Whores.

Ordinarily there would be more men in the picture, but the painter decided he preferred more women.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Mike you assume that Orientalist painting for sale in the Paris Salons to decorate walls is accurate history and you switch to a different painting and assume that there really were women ther smoking hookahs and that they were therfore whores and one of the black women attending them is a man who purchased one, complete fabrication, a jungle fever fanatsy you keep having.
Gerome already he said he changed soem things. Look up the background on the pipesmokers. Germoe makes soem remarks about his paintings. They were whores? Does it matter all the Black people in the scene were their back washers and child care attendant, no pimps

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Black women made a living wherever they could;

If that meant washing an Albino whore, so be it.

-

If that meant bringing an Albino whore her Hash Pipe, so be it

-

If that meant selling an Albino whore, so be it.

-

And when she owned the Albinos outright: she treated them well.

-

She must have been very rich to ruin an expensive carpet in the water, just so her Black ass could recline in comfort and style.

-

All hail the Black woman!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. Much better pic. I can man-up....
quote:
[QUOTE]  -

the situation is obvious, the black person,
probably a woman, is holding the white child you can see the dark fingers coming around
from the back on the child's torso

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
The presence of the child leads one to believe it is a bath-house and not a whore-house.

Correction?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Use your imagination xyyman, and keep at it, you're doing fine.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
For years I have been trying to find the words to describe the look she gives to Bredt. The best I could come up with is "Haughty". Suggestions welcome.

-

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
While researching African presence in the Levant I came across a DNA study where the result shows African DNA in Kurdistan. SO yes, it seems there are black Kurds.

Was also suprise to find the large presence of African DNA in South Turkey and the South Caucas.

Makes one wonder what is it with the race loons and Caucasians since they are probably admixed.

quote:
Okay,okay, I see two "Real" Kurds still left.
As usual, the rest are Turk Mulattoes.

-

Is it my imagination, or does the guy in the front look like Shaquille O'neal?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/11/201211250344449165.html

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Last I heard, all DNA was African DNA, after all, Albinism only effects the "P" gene. Mind telling me how their particular DNA is a unique African DNA?
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I do things backwards, I am wired like that. What Europeans write about in books history is my last source.

I first anlayze the data (or painting), look at geographic location, then timeline, who painted or produced the data and lastly the writeup/conclusion.

This clearly shows two black men purchasing a woman. The seller is the "arab". The two black men are checking her out.

Wait, I thought, paintings and the like was your thing. Maybe Dana is right you just copy and paste with no in-depth knowledge of the pictures you spam.

URL=http://www.ephotobay.com/share/picture-27-15.html]  - [/URL]

quote:
quote:
Got jokes? [Big Grin]

don't get your info from Mike. Where do you think gets it? White people books and paintings

go here:

http://books.google.com/

type in

Turkish bath Bursa

.'

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
The presence of the child leads one to believe it is a bath-house and not a whore-house.

Correction?

The idea that it is a whorehouse Mike made up.

What he does is put up a lot of legit historical info. Then you go "damn he's done a lot of research"

Then when he sprinkles in lies you are then more likely to buy it

-

^^^ here we have a painting called
'An Oriental noblewoman and her Entourage on a Barge'
by F.M. Bredt.

"Orientals" is what the Euros called some people from the Mid East back then along with East Asians,
hense the painting style "Orientalism" we see an example here, Euro interpretations of "exotic" Islamic culture

There's a light skinned woman in the front. In the middle two African women.
Wait that's one too many.

Mike's website version:

-

So when Mike posts this painting in his "True Negro" section (see pic's html) - he cuts the picture now ther's only one African woman, and wala, since there's only one African woman she has transformed into an "Oriental noblewoman" leaving out "and her entourage" because it's only two adults and a kid in Mike's verison, not much of an entourage.
And in the switch we are also supposed to believe the slave brought her child with her.

^^^ But maybe we never saw the original, so we don't know it's cut
So if you buy your dope from Mike it's gonna be cut.

-

^^^^ xyyman look at this, Barbados, at the time the site of large British run sugar plantations. Who was King at the time who sponsored this? KIng James III

Mike's website says he's this black guy on the coin even though his name is not on the coin. Instead it says "I serve" at the bottom
Mike found a version of the coin were that is cut in half due to a poor stamping job. Another cut off technique.

Who would believe that this is King George and all the other paintings of him are fake. Gullible black folk who think his site looks authentic.

This is an example of a black person lying to you.

What are Mike's information sources? White owned museums and white authored books. Waht if you wnat to go to the sources and see for yourself, you won't find them listed on Mike's site.
If you use his sources they change into albino lies so only he can translate them for you

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Lioness, it sure took you a long time to come up with that nonsense, you're slipping.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

[I do things backwards, I am wired like that. What Europeans write about in books history is my last source.

I first anlayze the data (or painting), look at geographic location, then timeline, who painted or produced the data and lastly the writeup/conclusion.

This clearly shows two black men purchasing a woman The seller is the "arab". The two black men are checking her out.

why do you state that something is clear when it is not clear?
If the black men were doing the purchasing the bearded man standing at right would not be involded motioning with his hands.
You say you look at look at geographic location, then timeline, who painted or produced yet you produced no information at all to that effect. You are merely bluffing
You didn't even read the Arabic. I thought you had a 144 IQ.
So why do you jump to conclusions and pretend you did research? That is doing things backwards, accepting something as proven based soley on you intuition before looking at evidence

YOU ARE JUST GUESSING

Obviously the people that are communicating are the ones standing up making eye contact.

If you can't see that involves the man standing at right you are blind.

Do you not see that the adult in posseion of the child is looking UP at him?

The people running this slave market are the men with beards.

And I have also discovered by research since, not guessing , that the kid is possibly being sold, a story possibly of a man who sold his own daughter.
So you may be partially right. The people running the show are the men with beards. They are weighing the scales to trade some precious material passing hands for payment or receipt on a sale.
What does the picture show you? Muslims in Yemen in the 13c who were light skinned.
Did you do any rudimentary research on Zabid in Yemen?
The child here is a Muslim probably someone of near East background. If you want to go by Mike's teachings every black person was a noble.
If you want to go by Arab history you will find Yemenis were bringing in shiploads of Ethiopian slaves into Yemen since a few hundred years prior

lioness productions team recent rough translation:

"And I thought that he'll look askance at me and raise the price on me but he didn't He said ' when the his price for a slave is low and his provision is light, then his lord will be blessed by him'
And I keep trying to make you love this kid by lowering his price, so weigh 200 Dirhams if you wish and thank me as long as you live, so I gave him the money right away as a cheap thing given away for the precious thing "

The child is being sold it appears.
So who are the blacks? They are either Ethiopian slaves or they are freemen who are sitting down while buyer and seller standing up making eye contact are negotiating. If they are not slaves they may be commenting on the deal from the sitting down position.

Now watch an idiot interject screaming about "albinos"

I got your albinos. Right there in 13 c Yemen, with the turbans

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^Lioness, it sure took you a long time to come up with that nonsense, you're slipping.

sorry I'm not faster in exposing your lies

It's easier to make a mess than to clean up after one

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Glad to see that you can admit when you are wrong. “You win some you lose some” That is what happens with an inexact science. The blacks are NOT slaves. They are the ones doing the purchasing. I read the narrative. Yes the small person is being sold. The black man makes an offer – two fingers. The merchant seems to make a conter-offer also “two fingers’. The Black men are looking over the “product”. The “cashier clerk” in the back-ground is “weighing” the payment. From the narrative it looks like the seller is lowering the value of the slave. The time-line equates to the migration of people from the Turkey through the Levant into South Arabia.

Quote: lioness productions team recent rough translation:

"And I thought that he'll look askance at me and raise the price on me but he didn't He said ' when the his price for a slave is low and his provision is light, then his lord will be blessed by him'
And I keep trying to make you love this kid by lowering his price, so weigh 200 Dirhams if you wish and thank me as long as you live, so I gave him the money right away as a cheap thing given away for the precious thing

You are done with the Science and Math classes now onto Reading Comprehension. I will oblige

“And I thought that he'll look askance at me and raise the price on me”. The narrative is by the black man. The merchant wants to raise the price on him for the small person.
“I keep trying to make you love this kid by lowering his price”. The merchant lower the price because his provisions is low. In other words. It look like he did not have enough provision to sell so as a last resort he sold this person ..apparently someone of the same ethnic group as him.

“so I gave him the money right away as a cheap thing given away”. The buyer was happy with the deal, he got a bargain.

“I got your albinos. Right there in 13 c Yemen, with the turbans” . Obviously the bearded men are not land owners or upper class since they are selling produce and their own kind. Most likely new migrants to the area.

See what one can do with an IQ of 144.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xyman Great Arabic translation of two blacks buying a white woman in a Yemen slave market.

Mike check the painting of Dan Antonio Manuele De Funta Ambassador of the king of Kongo by Rafaello Schiamossi.Maybe he was black European nobility.Also check out Henrique Dias a free black from the website Brazil the illustrated guide to the novel.He look like black nobility.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Quote by Lioness crew: “
The child is being sold it appears.
So who are the blacks? They are either Ethiopian slaves or they are freemen who are sitting down while buyer and seller standing up making eye contact are negotiating. If they are not slaves they may be commenting on the deal from the sitting down position.

Your explanation is laughable. Like a bad Hollywood script Ha Ha! Ha! Ha!

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Notice I said “small person”. . I would hate to think it is a child of whatever ethnic background. That would be traumatizing.
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Xyman Great Arabic translation of two blacks buying a white woman in a Yemen slave market.

Mike check the painting of Dan Antonio Manuele De Funta Ambassador of the king of Kongo by Rafaello Schiamossi.Maybe he was black European nobility.Also check out Henrique Dias a free black from the website Brazil the illustrated guide to the novel.He look like black nobility.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
xyyman why I don't respect your opinion is that you express guesses as fact. When I speculate I tell you it's speculation.
Although you know some scientifc information you don't have a scientific mind
quote:
Obviously the bearded men are not land owners or upper class since they are selling produce and their own kind. Most likely new migrants to the area.

See what one can do with an IQ of 144. [/QB]

^^^ an example here of your dumb assumption , why you are unqualified to battle me.

There is no "produce" in the scene. You think that because there is a scale in the scene they are selling vegetables

The scale was used by Arab merchants to weigh silver or other precious metals. So much for the 144 IQ

you also say "Most likely new migrants to the area."
based on nothing

-

Qatabanian funerary statuette of 'Amma'alay of the Dharah'il clan. Alabaster, 1st century BC, Hayd ibn Aqil

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
why you are unqualified to battle me.

But Mike is? lol
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@Lioness. GDP. You are really a simpleton, aren't you? It you don't get, we are done.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Infact. I should end the discussion right now, since you mis-understood produce. I only debate my equals all others I teach......

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Stop mis-directing! Damn!! You Caucasians (sic) people always trying their trickery and con. The issue isn’t really the name of the individuals but whether the portrait depicts blacks as slaves. I and like a few here initially accepted the perception that the blacks WERE the slaves. This is the first time I have looked at it closely, in fact, thanks to you. I know the truth now. Mike opened the door. I am not sure I agree with him as to who is whom. You are going to lose points on this one from the Euronuts, Lioness. You are the one who translated the Arabic in the painting. You should have played dumb. The translation from the Al H tales is secondary. Doesn’t matter who is Abu or Al H. Bottom-line Al H is trying to peddle a Turkish slave to the black Yemenis.

As I said 0 for 4. I were you and would quit before I get another beating. You are a masochist, aren’t you?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com