EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Maqamat Al-Hariri (The Assemblies of al-Hariri), (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Maqamat Al-Hariri (The Assemblies of al-Hariri),
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Here is a Wiki page on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop mis-directing! Damn!! You Caucasians (sic) people always trying their trickery and con. The issue isn’t really the name of the individuals but whether the portrait depicts blacks as slaves. I and like a few here initially accepted the perception that the blacks WERE the slaves. This is the first time I have looked at it closely, in fact, thanks to you. I know the truth now. Mike opened the door. I am not sure I agree with him as to who is whom. You are going to lose points on this one from the Euronuts, Lioness. You are the one who translated the Arabic in the painting. You should have played dumb. The translation from the Al H tales is secondary. Doesn’t matter who is Abu or Al H. Bottom-line Al H is trying to peddle a Turkish slave to the black Yemenis.

As I said 0 for 4. I were you and would quit before I get another beating. You are a masochist, aren’t you?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a Metropolitan museum page titled "The Nature of Islamic Art".

I see no paintings or drawings of living things, only a few small Turk statues.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/orna/hd_orna.htm

I say that we can now declare that the Sand Niggers and their Albinos are just as bad as the Europeans.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Speaking of the European Albinos and their habit of falsifying everything they get their hands on: Can someone tell me what this is all about?

This is the case of Yarrow Mamout. Quote: Yarrow Mamout, was among tens of thousands – if not millions – of Muslims brought to America during the slave trade, but one of few for which historians have much information.

According to James H. Johnston, Yarrow was sold into slavery as a teenager in Senegal in 1752 (here we go again, a Black in America MUST be an African Slave).

The Washington-based lawyer and freelance writer spent eight years investigating Yarrow’s story for his 2012 book From Slave Ship to Harvard: Yarrow Mamout and the History of an African American Family.

Yarrow was also an entrepreneur who could read and write. In Georgetown, slaves were allowed to have their own side businesses, so Yarrow became a brick maker. In fact, he won his freedom by building a home for his masters and saved his money to build his own house. (That sound real to any of you?).

“He was quite famous in his time, (why would a brick maker be famous?) but (since that era), nobody had ever looked into who he was,” said Johnston. The inspiration for Johnston’s research came after he saw two portraits of Yarrow, aristocratic depictions of an African American man that dated back to the days of slavery. The more popular of the two was painted by renowned early American artist Charles William Peale, and it resides at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. For Johnston, it represents dignity, perseverance, and resilience during a particularly dark chapter of American history.

“People have been impressed by it because you’re looking at this beautiful portrait of a seemingly wealthy man, and yet he’d been subjected to the horrid conditions of slavery,” said Johnston.

Question: HOW DOES A BRICK MAKER GET WEALTHY????

Question - 2: HOW DOES A BRICK MAKER HAVE "TWO" PORTRAITS MADE????

A portrait painting of Muslim American Yarrow Mamout circa 1822. Image: D.C. Public Library

-

WHY ARE THESE PAINTINGS SO DIFFERENT????

-

Portrait of Yarrow Mamout, Courtesy of PMA

This beautiful painting is very unique. It’s considered the earliest known rendering of an American Muslim and an extremely rare early portrayal of a free African. The man who painted his portrait is none other than Charles Willson Peale, famous for his paintings of George Washington and other U.S. dignitaries.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Knowing how dense some are, here is a video of how you make Bricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kobW9nj-wQ

As you can see, it is laborious, back-breaking work.

NOBODY GETS RICH DOING IT!!!!

BTW - Making BRICKS, and building HOMES is two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT skills and professions, nobody does BOTH!

So then - Albino lies aside:

WHO was Yarrow Mamout really?

And why was he important?

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Stop mis-directing! Damn!! You Caucasians (sic) people always trying their trickery and con. The issue isn’t really the name of the individuals but whether the portrait depicts blacks as slaves. I and like a few here initially accepted the perception that the blacks WERE the slaves. This is the first time I have looked at it closely, in fact, thanks to you. I know the truth now. Mike opened the door. I am not sure I agree with him as to who is whom. You are going to lose points on this one from the Euronuts, Lioness. You are the one who translated the Arabic in the painting. You should have played dumb. The translation from the Al H tales is secondary. Doesn’t matter who is Abu or Al H. Bottom-line Al H is trying to peddle a Turkish slave to the black Yemenis.

As I said 0 for 4. I were you and would quit before I get another beating. You are a masochist, aren’t you?

What do you mean play dumb, he is dumb.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Here is a Metropolitan museum page titled "The Nature of Islamic Art".

I see no paintings or drawings of living things, only a few small Turk statues.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/orna/hd_orna.htm

I say that we can now declare that the Sand Niggers and their Albinos are just as bad as the Europeans.

Clearly the Muslim Albinos and their Mulattoes did the same thing that the European Albinos did:

That is, once they took power, and found that the only history was Black history, they went about creating a new history for themselves, with fake books and drawings. Problem is, the Europeans killed-off most of their Blacks, so the falsity of their history is not so self evident.

But there are still millions of Blacks in the Islamic world, yet in their art there are few Blacks, and the important people are always Albinos. Somebody really needs to tell those fools that most people are not that stupid.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Early Islamic Art: Bagdad Minitures of the Abassid

-
 -

-

Baghdad school, stylistic movement of Islāmic manuscript illustration, founded in the late 12th century (though the earliest surviving works cannot be dated before the 13th century). The school flourished in the period when the Abbāsid caliphs had reasserted their authority in Baghdad. work of this school continued to appear for some 40 years following the destruction of the city by the Mongols in 1258.

While the prohibition against depicting living forms is not contained in the Qur'an, it is widely thought that the non-representational character of Islamic ornament has its source in the traditional theological prohibition against imitating God's works.
Miniatures were especially an art of the court, and because they were not seen in public, it has been argued that constraints on the depiction of the human figure were much more relaxed, and indeed miniatures often contain great numbers of small figures,
Recent scholarship has noted that, although surviving early examples are now uncommon, human figurative art was a continuous tradition in Islamic lands in secular contexts (such as literature, science, and history); as early as the 9th century, such art flourished during the Abbasid Caliphate (c. 749–1258, across Spain, North Africa, Egypt, Syria, Turkey, Mesopotamia, and Persia).

Early examples of Baghdad-school miniatures are illustrations from an Arabic translation of Dioscorides’ medical treatise, De materia medica, dated 1224 (the manuscript is scattered among several private collections and museums). The paintings embody the traditional elements of the Baghdad school—strong colours, a well-developed sense of design, and expressive facial features. Frames do not appear; the miniatures illustrate the text and often appear between lines of it.

The miniatures made to illustrate manuscripts of the Maqāmāt of al-Ḥarīrī, between 1225 and the fall of the city to the Mongols in 1258, were among the finest works in all Arab painting; the finest, most complete, and best-preserved of these manuscripts is that in the collection of the Bibliothèque Nationale of Paris, dated 1237.

The frontispiece to a book, “The Epistles of the Sincere Brethren,” dated 1287, demonstrates that the main stylistic elements of the Baghdad school survived to the last. This illustration, in the Mosque of Süleyman in Istanbul, again shows realism in detail while maintaining an overall decorative quality. The authors of the book are depicted with their scribes, and attention is drawn to the faces. By the early 1300s, the school had died out, and painting in the area began to take on many characteristics of the Mongol schools.

In the first centuries, after the emergence of Islam, Iranian artists began adorning books. The preface and the margins of books were adorned with. These designs were passed on, through on to the next centuries, together with precise principles and rules, which is known as the "Art of Illumination". The art of illumination and adoring books made its path of progression under the Saljouk era, Mogol and Timourid's reigns.

Paintings from the beginning of the Islamic period had the reputation of belonging to Baghdad school. Miniatures of Baghdad School, have totally lost the style and methods of the usual paintings of the pre-Islamic period.
Artists of the Baghdad school, after years of stagnancy, were eager to create and innovate. The particular views of this school, is in drawing animals and illustrating stories. Although the Baghdad school, considering the pre- Islamic art, is to some extent, superficial and primitive, but the art of Iranian miniature, in the same period, was widespread in every region in which, Islam was propagated: Far East, Africa and Europe.

Islamic art developed from many sources: Roman, Early Christian art, and Byzantine styles were taken over in early Islamic art and architecture; the influence of the Sassanian art of pre-Islamic Persia was of paramount significance; Central Asian styles were brought in with various nomadic incursions; and Chinese influences had a formative effect on Islamic painting, pottery, and textiles.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The Abbasids

The Abbasid Caliphate, was the third of the Islamic caliphates. It was ruled by the Abbasid dynasty of caliphs, who built their capital in Baghdad after overthrowing the Umayyad caliphate from all but the al-Andalus region.

The Abbasid caliphate was founded by the descendants of the Prophet Muhammad's youngest uncle, Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib (566–653), in Kufa in 750 CE and shifted its capital in 762 to Baghdad. Within 150 years of gaining control of Persia, the caliphs were forced to cede power to local dynastic emirs who only nominally acknowledged their authority. The caliphate also lost the Western provinces of al-Andalus, Maghreb and Ifriqiya to an Umayyad prince, the Aghlabids and the Fatimid Caliphate, respectively.

The Abbasids' rule was briefly ended for three years in 1258, when Hulagu Khan, the Mongol khan, sacked Baghdad, resuming in Mamluk Egypt in 1261, from where they continued to claim authority in religious matters until 1519, when power was formally transferred to the Ottoman Empire and the capital relocated to Constantinople

The Abbasid caliphs were Arabs descended from Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib, one of the youngest uncles of Muhammad, because of which they considered themselves the true successor of Muhammad as opposed to the Umayyads. The Umayyads were descended from Umayya.

Coin of the Abbasids, Baghdad, Iraq, 765.
The Abbasids also distinguished themselves from the Umayyads by attacking their moral character and administration in general. According to Ira Lapidus, "The Abbasid revolt was supported largely by Arabs, mainly the aggrieved settlers of Marw with the addition of the Yemeni faction and their Mawali".

The first change the Abbasids made was to move the empire's capital from Damascus, in Syria, to Baghdad in Iraq. This was to both appease as well to be closer to the Persian mawali support base that existed in this region more influenced by Persian history and culture, and part of the Persian mawali demand for less Arab dominance in the empire. Baghdad was established on the Tigris River in 762.

The Abbasids had depended heavily on the support of Persians[citation needed] in their overthrow of the Umayyads. Abu al-'Abbas' successor, Al-Mansur, and welcomed non-Arab Muslims to his court. While this helped integrate Arab and Persian cultures, it alienated many of their Arab supporters, particularly the Khorasanian Arabs who had supported them in their battles against the Umayyads. These fissures in their support led to immediate problems. The Umayyads, while out of power, were not destroyed. The only surviving member of the Umayyad royal family, which had been all but annihilated, ultimately made his way to Spain where he established himself as an independent Emir (Abd ar-Rahman I, 756). In 929, Abd ar-Rahman III assumed the title of Caliph, establishing Al Andalus from Córdoba as a rival to Baghdad as the legitimate capital of the Islamic Empire.

During this period the Muslim world became an intellectual center for science, philosophy, medicine and education as the Abbasids championed the cause of knowledge and established the House of Wisdom in Baghdad; where both Muslim and non-Muslim scholars sought to translate and gather all the world's knowledge into Arabic.[26] Many classic works of antiquity that would otherwise have been lost were translated into Arabic and Persian and later in turn translated into Turkish, Hebrew and Latin.[26] During this period the Muslim world was a cauldron of cultures which collected, synthesized and significantly advanced the knowledge gained from the ancient Roman, Chinese, Indian, Persian, Egyptian, North African, Greek and Byzantine civilizations.
While the Abbasids originally gained power by exploiting the social inequalities against non-Arabs in the Umayyad Empire, ironically during Abbasid rule the empire rapidly Arabized. As knowledge was shared in the Arabic language throughout the empire, people of different nationalities and religions began to speak Arabic in their everyday lives. Resources from other languages began to be translated into Arabic, and a unique Islamic identity began to form that fused previous cultures with Arab culture, creating a level of civilization and knowledge that was considered a marvel in Europe.

Abbasids found themselves at odds with the Shia Muslims, most of whom had supported their war against the Umayyads, since the Abbasids and the Shias claimed legitimacy by their familial connection to Muhammad. Once in power, the Abbasids embraced Sunni Islam and disavowed any support for Shi'a beliefs. Shortly thereafter, Berber Kharijites set up an independent state in North Africa in 801. Within 50 years the Idrisids in the Maghreb and Aghlabids of Ifriqiya and a little later the Tulunids and Ikshidids of Misr were effectively independent in Africa.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would leave quietly now if I were you. You just got owned by Mike....Mike! lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Yarrow Mamout was a Moorish ambassador, consul or trader to the USA. Morocco was an ally of the USA in the war of independance.According to the Moorish Science members of New York The USA congress created a special law protecting black African from Morocco from slavery.The Moors from Morocco had special status. If Yarrow Mamout was from Senegal he was still a Moor because the Zenaga black that created the Almoravid Empire of Moroco and Spain were from Senegal.Yarrow was covered by the law protecting Moors from slavery.

Some African kingdoms during the time of the slave trade had Ambassadors in Europe and America.The kingdom of Kongo had Ambassador to the Papacy Antonio Emmanuele Na Vunta, Ambassador Don Antonio Manuele De Funta, Ambassador to Brazil Don Miguel De Cazaro.

Other famous African in paintings during the slave trade era may have been Ambassadors, Merchants or Students in America not slaves, exemple paintings of Ibn Sori, Ayuba Suleiman Diallo, Olaudah Equiano etc.I think there are many secret paintings of Moorish and African Ambassadors, Merchants and students in Europe and the American continent dating from the slave trade era.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I'm trying to figure this out:

-

the hat looks similar to Mongolian, not sure if the figure is supposed to be Mongolian

-

Also what culture is this head gear from? It looks like a cap or helmet with chin strap or a cap/helmet worn over a hood ??

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Lioness - learn some history!

In 1218, Genghis Khan sent a trade mission to the Khwarezm-Shah, but at the town of Otrara (a Central Asian town that was located along the Silk Road near the current town of Karatau in Kazakhstan) the governor there, suspecting the Khan's ambassadors to be spies, confiscated their goods and executed them. Genghis Khan demanded reparations, which the Shah refused to pay. Genghis Khan then sent a second, purely diplomatic mission, they too were murdered. Genghis retaliated with a force of 200,000 men, launching a multi-pronged invasion, his guides were Muslim merchants from Transoxania. During the years 1220–21, Bukhara, Samarkand, Herat (all Central Asian cities), Tus (Susa), and Neyshabur (Persian cities) were razed, and the whole populations were slaughtered. (This represented the first wholesale slaughter of Black Persians).

The Khwarezm-Shah fled, to die on an island off the Caspian coast. His son Jalal al-Din survived until murdered in Kurdistan in 1231. He had eluded Genghis Khan on the Indus River, across which his horse swam, enabling him to escape to India. He returned to attempt restoring the Khwarezmian empire over Persia. However, he failed to unite the Persian regions, even though Genghis Khan had withdrawn to Mongolia, where he died in August 1227. Persia was left divided, with Mongol agents remaining in some districts and local adventurers profiting from the lack of order in others.

A second Mongol invasion began when Genghis Khan's grandson Hülegü Khan crossed the Oxus river in 1256 and destroyed the Assassin fortress at Alamut. With the disintegration of the Seljuq empire, the Arab Caliphate had reasserted control in the area around Baghdad and in southwestern Persia. In 1258 Hülegü besieged Baghdad, Al-Musta'sim, the last Arab Abbasid caliph of Baghdad, was trampled to death by mounted troops (in the style of Mongol royal executions). The Abbasids rule resumed in Mamluk governed Egypt in 1261, from where they continued to claim authority in religious matters only. That is until 1519, when all power was formally transferred to the Ottomans in their capital of Constantinople.

Hülegü hoped to consolidate Mongol rule over western Asia and to extend the Mongol empire as far as the Mediterranean, an empire that would span the Earth from China to the Levant. Hülegü made Persia his base, but the Mamluks of Egypt (former Turkish slave soldiers of the Arab caliphate, who rebelled in 1250 and established their own dynasty in Egypt.) prevented him and his successors from achieving their great imperial goal, by decisively defeating a Mongol army at Ayn Jalut in 1260. Instead, a Mongol dynasty called the Il-Khans, or “deputy khans” to the great khan in China, was established in Persia to attempt repair of the damage done by the first Mongol invasion. (It is at this time, at the battle of Ayn Jalut, that Black Egyptians demonstrate that almost two thousand years of occupation, had not diminished their genius. At this battle, they unveil the worlds first "Gun" and the Mamluks use it successfully to repel the Mongols).

Turkish subjugation of the Arabs became complete, when Ottoman Sultan Mahmud II (1808-39), instructed the Albanian Turk ruler of Egypt, the viceroy "Muhammad Ali" to put down a rebellion by Wahhabis Arabs in the Hejaz. Muhammad Ali sent an Albanian army to Arabia, that between 1811 and 1813, expelled the Wahhabis Arabs from the Hejaz. In a further campaign (1816-18), Ibrahim Pasha, the viceroy's eldest son, defeated the Wahhabis in their homeland of Najd, and brought central Arabia also under Albanian control. As in the rest of the Middle East, the Ottoman Turks retained military and political control over Arabia until the end of WW I, after which time, it was passed to local Turks.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Please consider this ass-holes, the book was written (circa 1100) at the time of these "Supposed" copies of the book (circa 1200), the ruler of all of the Arab world is the descendants of great and very Black Kurd, Saladin (1174–1193). At this time, there would have been relatively few Albinos in the area, yet Blacks are rarely seen in the illustrations - can you ass-holes figure the rest out????? [/QB]

Saladin died in 1193. Mike what is the earliest picture you can find of him?

Saladin

In 1169 A.D. Saladin served with another uncle named Shirkuh as second to the commander in chief of the Syrian army.

Saladin began to undermine the Fatimid establishment and following al-Adid's death in 1171, he took over government and realigned the country's allegiance with the Sunni Baghdad-based Abbasid Caliphate.
In the following years, he led forays against the Crusaders in Palestine, ordered the successful conquest of Yemen and staved off pro-Fatimid rebellions in Upper Egypt.

From Cairo in 1174, Saladin rode across desert with 700 horsemen through what today is Jordan, picking up support along the way from Turks, Kurds, Bedouins and others. On November 23, he arrived in Damascus where he, a Kurd, had grown up. Amid general acclamations he rested at his father's old home there. Four days later he installed himself in the city's citadel castle and received the homage and salutations of Damascus citizens.

In 1182, Saladin began his move against the Crusaders. His motives have been described as both his devotion to Islam and as dynastic aggrandizement. On July 4 he decisively defeated the Crusaders at the Battle of Hattin (in what today is northeastern Israel) – celebrated by Muslims into the 21st century.
Disturbed by Saladin having taken back Jerusalem, the West organized another crusade to set things right in the Middle East. King Frederick, 68, was the first to lead a force into Muslim territory. On May 18, 1190, the German army captured Iconium, the capital of the Seljuk Sultanate of Rüm. On June 10 Frederick's horse slipped, Frederick died of a heart attack caused by the shock of the fall. Much of his army returned to Germany and the rest went on to disaster.

England's King Richard I (the Lion-hearted) arrived in June, after a disastrous sea voyage that had significantly reduced his force. Acre was taken by the Crusaders in June. On August 20, after deciding that Saladin was not going to agree to the terms they wanted in a treaty, Richard had 3,000 Muslim prisoners executed. It was in full view of Saladin's camp just outside the city. Richard's move proved unproductive as Saladin retaliated by executing his Christian prisoners of war.

Richard won the Battle of Arsuf (see map) and established his headquarters at Jaffa. The following July, 1192, while Richard was away, Saladin's army attacked and captured Jaffa. Saladin lost control of his army because of their anger over Richard's massacre at Acre.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 - British Library Manuscript: Yates Thompson 12
f161 Saladin ravaging the Holy Land
Detail of an historiated initial 'B'(uymonz) of Saladin's mounted soldiers forcing captives and livestock from the burning city.

-
Matthew Paris (ca. 1200–1259)
Saladin’s Capture of the True Cross ( time of event 1156 AD)
From Chronica Majora, vol. 1
Saint Albans, England, ca. 1240–53
Corpus Christi College Library, Cambridge, MS 26

Battle. Salaadinus and Guido rex struggling for Crux Sancta. Saracens on the left fight Crusaders on the right.

Chronica Maiora I, Saint Albans, England, ca. 1240–53

http://blog.metmuseum.org/penandparchment/exhibition-images/cat410r3c_49h/

-
Manuscript illumination of Richard the Lionheart jousting with Saladin ( never actually happened)
 -
Saladin, by an Anonymous c. 1300.
Saladin et son armée|French illuminated manuscript

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Here are some good ones for Negroes, too chicken-sh1t to demand an explanation from Christian leaders.

Ha,ha,ha,ha:

Note, NO Blacks, What bullsh1t.

http://blog.metmuseum.org/penandparchment/exhibition-images/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Saladin's skin was blue confirming Egmond's theory of blue blood

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two artifacts show Saladin to be black because of that I believe saladin was black.Mike posted black Saladin painting by Jan Lievens, Lioness posted a manuscript picture of a blue/black Saladin.My conclusion is Saladin was black. [Smile]
Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Al Harith is one of the black persons why is he not black in the other images?

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
additional nails in coffin:
 -
13th c, by Artist al-Wasiti
Al Harith at slave market (standing at right) trying to
buy a remarkably beautiful young boy.
"I want a lad who gives statisfaction when he is probed"

-
13th c, >>>> Also by Artist al-Wasiti,
Abu Zayd speaking with Al Harith. Al Harith is at right.
In the previous slave market picture he is standing at right
Getty Images
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/89864428-abou-zayd-

-
 -

-
 -
(Al Harith left, Abu Zayd sitting, being served food at right)

" lioness you were on the ropes but then delivered a knockout blow to Mike"

It doesn't matter he has built a new lie for his world history webiste: mis-identifying Al Harith
It's permanent miseducation now. Changing history for the sake of feel-goodism
This thread will eventually get lost, even deleted
but where would you be without me? In fantasyland ?

lioness productions
every day like a vitamin

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Jari, do try to keep up, I had previously established that there was do consistency in the bogus depictions in these bogus books - asshole.

Which part of Muslims didn't publish books with drawings of living things until recent times, didn't you understand?

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass,:

^^^^ your arguments are reasonable, yet how could one look at given person and really know how deep there ancestry is in the region? You do this all the time with photos. Example, take someone from Cameroon, dress them in Moroccan clothes and if you did not know this you would be saying the person was original Haratin of Morocco.

What you accuse me of is something you are guilty of all the time! [Eek!] My judgements based on physical appearance are at least realistic and based on the typical looks of peoples indigenous to the region. YOU on the other hand know nothing about indigenous black peoples and base your judgements on outdated stereotypes on what Africans do and don't look like! Your example is another strawman since nobody in here states that Haratin looked "Cameroonian". Typical Haratin, especially those in the oases areas and Anti-Atlas have looks that are nothing like typical "Cameroonians" or Sub-Saharans. Your very hypocrisy is telling, because you never dismiss light-haired, blue-eyed Berbers as being Spaniards dressed as Moroccans even though everyone knows that many white Berbers are the descendants of Spanish and other European slaves!

quote:
Besides that kids hair is combed out and frizzy and stiff , not limp and wavy straight like the Juba statue. Dana would argue the statue is not accurate to the real Juba, something along those lines, you read the quote. You can't both be right.
B|tch, how can you tell the precise texture of the Berber boy in the picture unless you actually felt his hair. His hair like all Berbers is wavy. Juba's hair was wavy but it was styled in the Roman way. You do realize that hair was styled back then do you not??

GTFOH with your lyinass sh*t [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass,:
[qb]
^^^^ your arguments are reasonable, yet how could one look at given person and really know how deep there ancestry is in the region? You do this all the time with photos. Example, take someone from Cameroon, dress them in Moroccan clothes and if you did not know this you would be saying the person was original Haratin of Morocco.

What you accuse me of is something you are guilty of all the time! [Eek!] My judgements based on physical appearance are at least realistic and based on the typical looks of peoples indigenous to the region.
and you are the one having never been to Africa are determining who is typical while I visited five African countries in 1998?
also you also do the anomolies, the unsourced oddball looking types, so called Africnas with straight long blond hair and so on

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
[QB] If Al Harith is one of the black persons why is he not black in the other images?

here is the whole book with many illustrations, pretty interesting,
no translations however

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8422965p.r=.langFR

Hit the arrow next to "Affichage" arrow for drop down menu, select Mosaic format.
"Affichage" (Display) is under the word Makarat, top left down slightly

that's the best I can do for navigation, hard to find the exact illustration that was discussed

34th Makamat (Maqamat)

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike you are being blatantly stupid. First off Muslims DID produce images of humans because many Muslim states were conquered Muwalladun or Non Arab Client states who were more liberal in their approach to Islam. Don't get mad at me, answer the question, if Al-Hiriri is black in the image you claim why is he not black in the others, also look at the Image, the Vieled man selling the slave boy is NOT looking at the black man, he's looking at the bearded luekoderm Arab.

Stop being stupid, you made a mistake so own up to it.

quote:
Jari, do try to keep up, I had previously established that there was do consistency in the bogus depictions in these bogus books - asshole.

Which part of Muslims didn't publish books with drawings of living things until recent times, didn't you understand?

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Stop mis-directing! Damn!! You Caucasians (sic) people always trying their trickery and con. The issue isn’t really the name of the individuals but whether the portrait depicts blacks as slaves. I and like a few here initially accepted the perception that the blacks WERE the slaves. This is the first time I have looked at it closely, in fact, thanks to you.
I know the truth now. Mike opened the door. I am not sure I agree with him as to who is whom. You are going to lose points on this one from the Euronuts, Lioness. You are the one who translated the Arabic in the painting. You should have played dumb. The translation from the Al H tales is secondary. Doesn’t matter who is Abu or Al H. Bottom-line Al H is trying to peddle a Turkish slave to the black Yemenis.

I don't care about points with Euronuts. If I find important info that goes aginst my own arguments I'm still going to mention it. Don't ask me to play dumb.
Suppose we were looking at a picture of slavery in Ameica in the pre civil war South and there were blacks and whites in the scene .wouldn't it be to the advantage of the Euronut to say 'no we didn't make these people into slaves, they were just citizens, no mistreatment' ?

You have stated here that you don't know who is who in the illustaration.
Given that you don't know who is who what have you learned with the revelation of this new information specifically that leads you to assume that the black people in the scene are buyers?

One might guess the black people in the scene are buyers. One might also guess that they are slaves and that they are in the scene to to indicate it's a slave market. It's hard to be 100% certain but there is only one buyer mentioned in the story, Al Harith

if "the translation from the Al H tales is secondary" I don't see what is leading you to look at the picture in a new way.
What is leading you to assume you know something more about the black people in the scene than you did before?

quote:
look at the Image, the Vieled man selling the slave boy is NOT looking at the black man, he's looking at the bearded luekoderm Arab.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Mike you are being blatantly stupid. First off Muslims DID produce images of humans because many Muslim states were conquered Muwalladun or Non Arab Client states who were more liberal in their approach to Islam. Don't get mad at me, answer the question, if Al-Hiriri is black in the image you claim why is he not black in the others, also look at the Image, the Vieled man selling the slave boy is NOT looking at the black man, he's looking at the bearded luekoderm Arab.

Stop being stupid, you made a mistake so own up to it.

quote:

Which part of "al-Hariri of Basra Iraq was an Arab poet, scholar of the Arabic language and a high government official of the Muslim Turkish Seljuk Empire" don't you understand FOOL!

Which part of the "whole fuching illustrations are bogus things done well after the book was created, probably in recent times" don't you understand?

Which part of "They did not have printers in those days, so each copy of the book AND the ILLUSTRATION is "DIFFERENT" and done by different people" don't you understand?

Which part of "There can be no consistency across pictures because of the above" don't you understand?

Which part of "the fuching illustrations were done by al-Wāsiṭī couldn't possibly be true, because of the above" don't you understand?

Which part of "It's just more Albino lie and bullsh1t" don't you understand?

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please!! You know the blacks are NOT slaves but buyers ..based on the translation in the painting. Ha!
quote:
quote:
Stop mis-directing! Damn!! You Caucasians (sic) people always trying their trickery and con. The issue isn’t really the name of the individuals but whether the portrait depicts blacks as slaves. I and like a few here initially accepted the perception that the blacks WERE the slaves. This is the first time I have looked at it closely, in fact, thanks to you.
I know the truth now. Mike opened the door. I am not sure I agree with him as to who is whom. You are going to lose points on this one from the Euronuts, Lioness. You are the one who translated the Arabic in the painting. You should have played dumb. The translation from the Al H tales is secondary. Doesn’t matter who is Abu or Al H. Bottom-line Al H is trying to peddle a Turkish slave to the black Yemenis.

I don't care about points with Euronuts. If I find important info that goes aginst my own arguments I'm still going to mention it. Don't ask me to play dumb.
Suppose we were looking at a picture of slavery in Ameica in the pre civil war South and there were blacks and whites in the scene .wouldn't it be to the advantage of the Euronut to say 'no we didn't make these people into slaves, they were just citizens, no mistreatment' ?

You have stated here that you don't know who is who in the illustaration.
Given that you don't know who is who what have you learned with the revelation of this new information specifically that leads you to assume that the black people in the scene are buyers?

One might guess the black people in the scene are buyers. One might also guess that they are slaves and that they are in the scene to to indicate it's a slave market. It's hard to be 100% certain but there is only one buyer mentioned in the story, Al Harith

if "the translation from the Al H tales is secondary" I don't see what is leading you to look at the picture in a new way.
What is leading you to assume you know something more about the black people in the scene than you did before?

quote:
look at the Image, the Vieled man selling the slave boy is NOT looking at the black man, he's looking at the bearded luekoderm Arab.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] Please!! You know the blacks are NOT slaves but buyers ..based on the translation in the painting. Ha!

-

"And I thought that he'll look askance at me and raise the price on me but he didn't He said ' when the his price for a slave is low and his provision is light, then his lord will be blessed by him'
And I keep trying to make you love this kid by lowering his price, so weigh 200 Dirhams if you wish and thank me as long as you live, so I gave him the money right away as a cheap thing given away for the precious thing "

You said disregard the story. Now you are saying regard the story. Above is the traslation of the text in the illustration, part of the story. This indicates the kid, a boy is being sold.

In the illustation the standing figure Abu Zayd disguised in a veil
and a boy that turns out to be his own son are looking at the other standing figure, Al Harith the man at right and negotiating the boys price.

According to the story it's a scam they are playing on Al Harith.

The translation of the text in the illustration says nothing about the black people sitting down or other bearded people in the picture.

-

notice the upward direction that Abu Zayd and his son are looking. He's even got his head titled upward

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass:

and you are the one having never been to Africa are determining who is typical while I visited five African countries in 1998?

Yeah you visited five African countries IN YOUR MIND! LOL [Big Grin] B|tch please! You yourself claimed to be from Africa until your lyinass was exposed now you say you visited five countries! Sorry if I don't believe you. In the mean time, while I myself have never been to Africa, I have seen a lot of Africans around where I live and have plenty of African friends including peoples from North Africa and I take their words over the word of your lyinass any day!! [Big Grin]

quote:
also you also do the anomolies, the unsourced oddball looking types, so called Africans with straight long blond hair and so on
I don't know what the hell you are saying here, but it's obviously some stupid sh*t. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
According to the manuscript illumination of Richard the Lionheart jousting or fighting with Saladin, Saladin was a blackman portrait with blue skin symbolising black skin. [Smile]
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Wasnt Saladin a Kurd?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Wasnt Saladin a Kurd?

Mike is always screaming about white people being Central Asians but since looking at the below painting he has developed a love for Kurds

Notice the dates of the 13th c illustations of Saladin I posted are a couple hundred years after Saladin died in 1193. If you read my earlier post bio on Saladin he is a Kurd associated with the Abassid and it is Al-Hariri of Bagdad who made the illustation being discussed earlier the so called slave market.
So Saladin ties into this same bagdad centered Abassid period of the other topic.

The Kurdish part of Iran has been a part of this country from historical times. The Kurds constitute today approximately 7% of Iran's overall population. The Persians, Kurds, and speakers of other Indo-European languages in Iran are descendants of the Aryan tribes that began migrating from Central Asia into what is now Iran in the 2nd millennium BCE.
The Kurds are a people of Indo-European origin. They speak an Iranic language known as Kurdish, and comprise the majority of the population of the region – however, included therein are Arab, Armenian, Assyrian, Azeri, Jewish, Ossetian, Persian, and Turkic communities.

Contemporary use of Kurdistan refers to parts of eastern Turkey (Turkish Kurdistan), northern Iraq (Iraqi Kurdistan), northwestern Iran (Iranian Kurdistan) and northern Syria (Western Kurdistan) inhabited mainly by Kurds.Kurdistan roughly encompasses the northwestern Zagros and the eastern Taurus mountain ranges, and covers small portions of Armenia.
Various groups, among them the Guti, Hurrian, Mannai (Mannaeans), and Armenians had lived in this region in antiquity

But Mike noticed the below much later white Eueropen created painting of 400 year laters in the 17th century depicting Saladin as largely African looking.
Now all of the sudden he loves the Central Asians, what he is always calling Doxie
 -

Saladin and Guy de Lusignan
by Jan Lievens

what did Saladin look like? I don't know. All i know is that Saladin died over 400 years before this painting was made.

The date of the painting is 1625. Are we to assume this is what Kurds looked like in 1625?

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While most of Saladin images shown him to be non black,that's besides the point,he dismissed the Blacks from service who were plotting to against him and had a civil war brewing at the end of the Fatimid dynasty.

While the ethnic based army was generally successful on the battlefields, they began to have negative effects on the Fatimid's internal politics, traditionally the Berber element of the army had the strongest sway over political affairs, but as the Turkish element grew more powerful they began to challenge this, and eventually by 1020 serious riots began to break out among the Black African troops who were fighting back against a Berber/ Turks Alliance.

By the 1060s, the tentative balance between the different ethnic groups within the Fatimid army collapsed as Egypt was suffering through a serious span of drought and famine. The declining resources accelerated the problems between the different ethnic factions and outright civil war began, primarily the Turks and Black African troops were fighting each other while the Berbers shifted alliance in between the two sides.[13] The Turkish forces of the Fatimid army would end up seizing most of Cairo and held the city and Caliph at ransom while the Berbers troops and remaining Sudanese forces roamed the other parts of Egypt, making an already bad situation much worse.

By 1072 the Fatimid Caliph Abū Tamīm Ma'ad al-Mustansir Billah in a desperate attempt to save Egypt recalled the general Badr al-Jamali, who was at the time the governor of Acre, Palestine. Badr al-Jamali led his troops into Egypt and was able to successfully suppress the different groups of the rebelling armies, largely purging the Turks in the process.

Although the Caliphate was saved from immediate destruction, the decade long rebellion devastated Egypt and it was never able to regain much power. As a result of this event, Badr al-Jamali was also made the vizier of the Fatimid caliph, becoming one of the first military viziers that would dominate the late Fatimid politics. As the military viziers effectively became heads of state, and the Caliph himself was reduced to the role of a figurehead. Badr al-Jamali's son, Al-Afdal Shahanshah, succeeded him in power as vizier.
Originally sent to Fatimid Egypt with his uncle Shirkuh by their Zengid lord Nur ad-Din in 1163, Saladin climbed the ranks of the Fatimid government as a result of his military successes against Crusader assaults on its territory and his personal closeness to the caliph al-Adid. When Shirkuh died in 1169, al-Adid appointed Saladin vizier, a rare nomination of a Sunni Muslim to such an important position in the Shia Muslim-led caliphate. During his term as vizier, Saladin began to undermine the Fatimid establishment and following al-Adid's death in 1171, he took over government and realigned the country's allegiance with the Sunni Baghdad-based Abbasid Caliphate. In the following years, he led forays against the Crusaders in Palestine, ordered the successful conquest of Yemen and staved off pro-Fatimid rebellions in Upper Egypt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin
Good wiki link it matches info I have from the book
 -
Now keep in mind that Nubian Christian forces were gathering at the border of upper Egypt while disgruntled Sudanese troops of the now defunct Fatimid dynasty were plotting a come back.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

Contemporary use of Kurdistan refers to parts of eastern Turkey (Turkish Kurdistan), northern Iraq (Iraqi Kurdistan), northwestern Iran (Iranian Kurdistan) and northern Syria (Western Kurdistan) inhabited mainly by Kurds.Kurdistan roughly encompasses the northwestern Zagros and the eastern Taurus mountain ranges, and covers small portions of Armenia.
Various groups, among them the Guti, Hurrian, Mannai (Mannaeans), and Armenians had lived in this region in antiquity

But Mike noticed the below much later white Eueropen created painting of 400 year laters in the 17th century depicting Saladin as largely African looking.
Now all of the sudden he loves the Central Asians, what he is always calling Doxie

Damn you're stupid.

Learn geography - please!

kurdistan

-

Central Asia

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
A Kurd..

-

Let me guess, a Turk Imposter..??

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Kurds, and speakers of other Indo-European languages in Iran are descendants of the Aryan tribes that began migrating from Central Asia. Of course they are not only in Kurdistan which is a border country of Central Asia.

Of course, such terms, are social contructs as there is no physical division barrier between these regions, Central, Western etc

The Y Chromosome Pool of Jews as Part of the Genetic Landscape of the Middle East

Almut Nebel,1 Dvora Filon,2 Bernd Brinkmann,4 Partha P. Majumder,5 Marina Faerman,3 and Ariell
Abstract
A sample of 526 Y chromosomes representing six Middle Eastern populations (Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Kurdish Jews from Israel; Muslim Kurds; Muslim Arabs from Israel and the Palestinian Authority Area; and Bedouin from the Negev) was analyzed for 13 binary polymorphisms and six microsatellite loci. The investigation of the genetic relationship among three Jewish communities revealed that Kurdish and Sephardic Jews were indistinguishable from one another, whereas both differed slightly, yet significantly, from Ashkenazi Jews. The differences among Ashkenazim may be a result of low-level gene flow from European populations and/or genetic drift during isolation. Admixture between Kurdish Jews and their former Muslim host population in Kurdistan appeared to be negligible. In comparison with data available from other relevant populations in the region, Jews were found to be more closely related to groups in the north of the Fertile Crescent (Kurds, Turks, and Armenians) than to their Arab neighbors. The two haplogroups Eu 9 and Eu 10 constitute a major part of the Y chromosome pool in the analyzed sample. Our data suggest that Eu 9 originated in the northern part, and Eu 10 in the southern part of the Fertile Crescent. Genetic dating yielded estimates of the expansion of both haplogroups that cover the Neolithic period in the region. Palestinian Arabs and Bedouin differed from the other Middle Eastern populations studied here, mainly in specific high-frequency Eu 10 haplotypes not found in the non-Arab groups. These chromosomes might have been introduced through migrations from the Arabian Peninsula during the last two millennia. The present study contributes to the elucidation of the complex demographic history that shaped the present-day genetic landscape in the region.

In the present study, we examined the genetic relationship among three Jewish communities, the Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Kurdish Jews, who were geographically separated from each other for many centuries.
Interestingly, the position of the Muslim Kurds on this tree is between Kurdish and Sephardic Jews on the one hand and Ashkenazim on the other. The most-distant group from the four non-Arab populations were the Bedouin.
For this purpose, the Sephardic Jews were divided into a North African and an Iraqi sample. The Arab populations (including the North Africans) formed a distinct cluster. The Europeans and the Armenians made up another cluster at the opposite end of the tree. The four Jewish communities grouped closely with Muslim Kurds and Turks. Neither Ashkenazi Jews nor the two Sephardic samples clustered with their former host populations (non-Jewish Eastern European, Iberian, and North African populations).
However, although Ashkenazi Jews were found to differ slightly from Sephardic and Kurdish Jews, it is noteworthy that there is, overall, a high degree of genetic affinity among the three Jewish communities. Moreover, neither Ashkenazi nor Sephardic Jews cluster adjacent to their former host populations, a finding that argues against substantial admixture of males. These findings are in accordance with those described by Hammer et al. (2000).

Ashkenazi Jews consolidated into a distinct ethnicity in Germany during the Middle Ages and spread eastwards to Poland and Russia in the 13th century (Ben-Sasson 1976). Previous studies of Y chromosome polymorphisms reported a small European contribution to the Ashkenazi paternal gene pool (Santachiara-Benerecetti et al. 1993; Hammer et al. 2000). In our sample, this low-level gene flow may be reflected in the Eu 19 chromosomes, which are found at elevated frequency (12.7%) in Ashkenazi Jews and which are very frequent in Eastern Europeans (54%–60%; Semino et al. 2000).
Kurdish Jews
The Jews of Kurdistan lived—until their immigration to Israel in the early 1950s—as a closed ethnic isolate, mostly in northern Iraq and Iran and in eastern Turkey. According to an old tradition, the Jews of Kurdistan are descendents of the Ten Tribes from the time of the Assyrian exile in 723 b.c. (Roth 1972). Genetically, Kurdish Jews are not closer to Muslim Kurds than are Sephardim or Ashkenazim, suggesting that reciprocal male gene flow between Jews in Kurdistan and their Muslim host population was below the detectable level. The acceptance of Judaism by the rulers and inhabitants of the Kurdish Kingdom of Adiabene in the first century of the Common Era resulted in the assimilation of non-Jews into the community (Brauer 1993). This recorded conversion does not appear to have had a considerable effect on the Y chromosome pool of the Kurdish Jews.

Sephardic Jews
Iraqi and North African Jews are both considered to belong to the ethnically heterogeneous group of Sephardim, although the two communities were probably separated for 1,000 years. The Jewish community in Iraq was formed by deportees during the Assyrian and Babylonian exiles (723 and 586 b.c.) and by waves of immigrants in subsequent centuries. Communities in various North African countries and in the Iberian Peninsula were established primarily in the course of the Muslim conquest in the seventh and eighth centuries. After their expulsion from Spain in 1492 a.d., Jews were dispersed in North Africa and Southern Europe (Ben-Sasson 1976). The two Sephardic communities and Kurdish Jews are very closely related to each other. Thus, these populations seem to have preserved, to a large extent, their original Y chromosome pools.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

this is how Mike's mind works

" I found a of European painting of Saladin.
Saladin is depicted as a black man in the painting.
Therefore all kurds are blacks"
(never mind other depictions of Saladin made nearly 400 years earlier)

and he uses the exact same logic looking at any painting he likes.

It's a beatiful painting.
perhaps there is a desire to invest more into it because it is unpleasant to see black people in art being depicted as subjugated. Yet here the European has been beaten and looks beaten. I can understand the motive to like this painting.

The defeated knight Guy of Lusignan, read this there's an interesting anecdote in it:

Guy of Lusignan (c. 1150 – 18 July 1194) was a Poitevin knight, son of Hugh VIII of the Lusignan dynasty.
Poitou (French pronunciation: ​[pwatu]) was a province of west-central France

Immediately the chief concern in the kingdom was checking Saladin's advance. In 1187 Guy, under pressure and surrounded by conflicting advice, attempted to relieve Saladin's siege of Tiberias. Guy's army left the springs of Sepphora, and marched into the desert to give pitched battle. Stationary, it was surrounded and cut off from a supply of water, and on July 4 the army of Jerusalem was completely destroyed at the Battle of Hattin. Guy was one of the very few captives spared by the Saracens after the battle, along with his brother Geoffrey, Raynald, and Humphrey.

The exhausted captives were brought to Saladin's tent, where Guy was given a goblet of water as a sign of Saladin's generosity, for offering as prisoner food or drink was a sign that his life was safe. When Guy offered the goblet to his fellow captive Raynald, Saladin chastised him, indicating his clemency did not extend to Raynald. Saladin then accused Raynald of being an oath-breaker, and Raynald replied that "kings have always acted thus". Saladin proceeded to execute Raynald himself, beheading him with his sword. When Guy was brought in, he fell to his knees at the sight of Raynald's corpse. Saladin bade him to rise, saying, "A king does not kill a king."

Guy was imprisoned in Damascus, while Sibylla together with Balian of Ibelin remained behind to defend Jerusalem, which was handed over to Saladin on 2 October. Sibylla wrote to Saladin and begged for her husband's release, and Guy was finally granted release in 1188 and allowed to rejoin his wife. Guy and Sibylla sought refuge in Tyre, the only city remaining in Christian hands, thanks to the defence of Conrad of Montferrat (younger brother of Sibylla's first husband).

Guy of Lusignan became king of Jerusalem in 1186, in right of his wife Sibylla, after the death of Sibylla's son Baldwin V. The Kingdom of Jerusalem was at this time divided between the "court faction" of Guy, Sibylla, and relative newcomers to the kingdom such as Raynald of Châtillon, as well as Gerard of Ridefort and the Knights Templar; and the "nobles’ faction", led by Raymond III of Tripoli, who had been regent for the child-king Baldwin V and had opposed the succession of Guy. Disgusted, Raymond of Tripoli watched as his fellow poulain barons hastened to Jerusalem to make obeisance to King Guy and Queen Sibylla. The great lord of Tripoli rode in the opposite direction, up the Jordan River Valley to Tiberias.[8] The situation was so tense that there was almost open warfare between Raymond and Guy, who wanted to besiege Tiberias, a fortress held by Raymond through his wife Eschiva, Princess of Galilee. War was avoided through the mediation of Raymond's supporter Balian of Ibelin.

Meanwhile, the Muslim states surrounding the kingdom had been united during the 1170s and 1180s by Saladin.
The Battle of Hattin (also known as "The Horns of Hattin" because of a nearby extinct volcano of the same name) took place on Saturday, July 4, 1187, between the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem and the forces of the Ayyubid dynasty.

The Muslim armies under Saladin captured or killed the vast majority of the Crusader forces, removing their capability to wage war.[7] As a direct result of the battle, Islamic forces once again became the eminent military power in the Holy Land, re-conquering Jerusalem and several other Crusader-held cities.

Guy was compensated for the loss of his kingdom by purchasing Cyprus from the Templars in 1192, who had themselves purchased it from Richard, who had wrested it from Isaac Comnenus en route to Palestine. Technically Guy was Lord of Cyprus, it not yet being a kingdom, and used the royal title (if at all) as a remnant from Jerusalem, which was not held fully legally. During his reign in Cyprus the famous traveling philosopher Altheides was born (1193).

Now I wonder what Mike's opinion is on this European Guy of Lusignan. Was he black? Well he came after the Barbarian invasions and befoer the Holy Roman empire.

The Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem was a Catholic kingdom established in the Southern Levant in 1099 after the First Crusade. The kingdom lasted nearly two hundred years, from 1099 until 1291 when the last remaining possession, Acre, was destroyed by the Mamluks, but its history is divided into two distinct periods. The first kingdom lasted from 1099 to 1187, when it was almost entirely overrun by Saladin.

The kingdom was ethnically, religiously, and linguistically diverse, although the crusaders themselves and their descendants were an elite Catholic minority. They imported many customs and institutions from their homelands in Western Europe, and there were close familial and political connections with the West throughout the kingdom's existence. The kingdom also inherited "oriental" qualities, influenced by the pre-existing customs and populations. The majority of the kingdom's inhabitants were native Christians, especially Greek and Syrian Orthodox, as well as Sunni and Shi'a Muslims. There were also a small number of Jews and Samaritans. The native Christians and Muslims, who were a marginalized lower class, tended to speak Greek and Arabic, while the crusaders spoke Latin, French, and other Western European languages.

-
Matthew Paris (ca. 1200–1259)
Saladin’s Capture of the True Cross ( time of event 1156 AD)
From Chronica Majora, vol. 1
Saint Albans, England, ca. 1240–53
Corpus Christi College Library, Cambridge, MS 26
Battle. Salaadinus and Guido rex struggling for Crux Sancta. Saracens on the left fight Crusaders on the right.

^^^ I put this up earlier

I have since found out that "Guido rex Hierosolymitanus" is none other than Guy de Lusignan. By the figures heads you can see Saladin and Guido rex written

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Saladin_Guy.jpg

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
A Kurd..

-

Let me guess, a Turk Imposter..??

You see, that is why I consider you such an unmitigated asshole Jari. Even the simple concept of new people moving into an area is beyond your ability to understand.

Idiot - in answer to you stupid question: YES, this Albino is a Turk imposter. Fool read the history of the place!

Lioness, you are little better, you looked up their history but didn't understand it.

Fool, there is no actual country called Kurdistan, it is a geo-cultural region wherein the Kurds form a majority population. NO PART OF IT IS IN CENTRAL ASIA!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
 -
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

-
Abu Zayd practising medicine
13th Century

-

the headgear of the black figure might be Sarcean
 -

Saracen was a term for Muslims widely used in Europe during the later medieval era. The term's meaning evolved during its history. In the early centuries CE, the term referred to a people who lived in desert areas in and near the Roman province of Arabia and who were specifically distinguished from Arabs. In Europe during the Early Medieval era, the term began to be used to describe Arab tribes as well.[3] By the 12th century, Saracen had become synonymous with Muslim in Medieval Latin literature. This expansion of the meaning had begun centuries earlier among the Byzantine Greeks, as evidenced in Byzantine Greek documents from the 8th century

The Coat of arms of Yemen is Saladin Eagle.

On July 31, 1173, Saladin's father Ayyub was wounded in a horse-riding accident, ultimately causing his death on August 9.In 1174, Saladin sent Turan-Shah to conquer Yemen to allocate it and its port Aden to the territories of the Ayyubid Dynasty. Yemen also served as an emergency territory, to which Saladin could flee in the event of an invasion by Nur ad-Din.

Gathering a large force of Muslims of various groups, called Saracens
by the Christians, Saladin set out to attack the Christians. Saladin attacked the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem in 1187, and after three months of fighting he gained control of the city.

Etymology

Saracen
Old English, "an Arab" (in Greek and Roman translations), also, mid-13c., generally, "non-Christian, heathen, pagan," from Old French saracin, from Late Latin saracenus, from Greek sarakenos, usually said to be from Arabic Sharquiyin, accusative plural of sharqiy "eastern," from sharq "east, sunrise," but this is not certain. In medieval times the name was associated with that of Biblical Sarah (

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Islamicate Sexualities: Translations Across Temporal Geographies of Desire
By Kathryn Babayan, Afsaneh Najmabadi

-
 -
 -

-
 -

Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omo Baba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyinass has derailed the topic as usual.

The Turks still refer to black people as "Arab/Arap" even today. I wonder why?

--------------------
It was high time

Posts: 314 | From: Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by hOmo Baba:
Lioness has derailed the topic as usual.

The Turks still refer to black people as "Arab/Arap" even today. I wonder why?

The topic is the Maqamat of Al-Hariri
Some Arabs are black
Some blacks are not Arabs
The picture shows black people who were in the Arabian peninsula at the time
However there is nothing to indicate these particular black people were Arabs. That fact that they don't have turbans or beards suggests that they weren't Arabs
 -

TRUTH HITMAN
Member # 19500

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRUTH HITMAN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I keep telling you Negroes to not be so quick to believe Albinos.

Do some research and note the Albino nonsense on this book.

Hey mike whats up my brotha I need the link to this fresco from the via latina catacomb Rome(cubiculum c) Abraham raises his sword to slay his son Isaac

I need that link my brotha

Posts: 111 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
They are no longer featuring the obviously Black Christian artwork at http://www.religionfacts.com Apparently the Albinos realized that we were using it to piece together our stolen history. Use Google to search the web for it you lazy sh1t.

Will shortly post two new ones.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
 -

-

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
The bible story of Jonah swallowed by the whale is similar to other religion story.In Babylonia the Goddess Derceto the whale of Der swallowed and gave birth to the god Oannes.The Finnish hero Ilmarinen was swallowed by a giant Fish to be reborn.In India Saktiveda who was swallowed by a huge fish.In Greece Hercules was swallowed by a whale at Joppa.The story is astrological not literal. Christ Cons Acharya S.

Jonah is a wooly hair black man in the wall picture.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Jonah is a wooly hair black man in the wall picture.

Yes, occasionally the Albinos slipped-up and created copies that revealed too much.

Note this one on the exaltation of the cross. They speculate on the people on the left, but failed to realize that on the right were depicted Black Christians as emblematic of the religious power structure and control of the Holy land.

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com