EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Report: Mansa Kankou Musa named richest person to ever live (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Report: Mansa Kankou Musa named richest person to ever live
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Malian Empire gold trade to Europe probably enriched Moorish Spain and make the Western European financial renaissance possible.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
@ Sundjata,

Apparently, we have different viewpoints of what a nation-state is. I'm going to leave it at that, but it was a good discussion.

Agreed. For the record, this discussion has at the very least opened my mind to the possibility of the term being applied to more ancient states, especially early Egypt. Some Europeans would indeed like to monopolize it as being unique to their historical situation, but I admit that this idea can definitely be challenged on legitimate grounds.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Troll Patrol - Accumulating wealth: and being a worthwhile person, making a meaningful contribution to mankind, the world, etc. is NOT the same thing. Accumulating wealth simply means that you value money more than anything else. Most people, though they value money, don't feel that it is worth dedicating their lives to it's acquisition.

-

Plus over time, it makes you really stupid. Note Bill Gates (the second richest man) greeting the Prime minister of South Korea. The fool is greeting the leader of a country with his hands in his pockets.

Why? Because for years, his employees, and all others who want money from him, have been telling him what a great and important man he is. As is clear from the offensively condescending way in which he greeted the South Korean leader - he believed it!

Ok, but once again you speak from a space of ignorance, as you have no idea what he did with his wealth other than what you have seen on some youtube video. Why don't you read Tarikh As Sudan, Tarikh Fettash or a number of other books to see what they were doing at that time, instead of making unsubstantiated assumptions about what was going on back then.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
Ok, but once again you speak from a space of ignorance, as you have no idea what he did with his wealth other than what you have seen on some youtube video. Why don't you read Tarikh As Sudan, Tarikh Fettash or a number of other books to see what they were doing at that time, instead of making unsubstantiated assumptions about what was going on back then.

typeZeiss - By convention, when a member of the forum is found lacking in knowledge someone simply educated the misinformed. Wouldn't simply telling me where I am wrong, be better than recommending some unknown to me, Muslim sources?
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:

typeZeiss - By convention, when a member of the forum is found lacking in knowledge someone simply educated the misinformed. Wouldn't simply telling me where I am wrong, be better than recommending some unknown to me, Muslim sources?
NO, You should read books and LOTS of them so you can start to understand W. Africa, what went on and who did what. Me telling you some supposed factoid means nothing, I could be a liar for all you know. never take my word or anyone else's. I am offering you the means to fish here, not a meal for a day.

Africa was great once and that includes West Africa. All aspects of great societies was present there. That stops in 1600 with the incursion of those savage Arabs and Iberians. Will you find poverty back then in Mali? Well yeah, this is planet earth, not Utopia, you are always going to have all class of people economically. However, do not think that this king did not do much to further his empire economically and in terms of education. Read, learn, then speak.

Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ yes, going directly to the source is the most credible way to retrieve info.

Mansa was known for being a philanthropist.

Therefore Mansa Musa is a great example on many levels.

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching the documentary Money Masters about the International bankers when I was shock to see a profile picture of Rothschild patriarch banker Amschell Rothschild were he look like a brown skin mulato with big nose and big mouth.

Banker Amschel Rothschild picture in the documentary look like this one but with dark yellow or dark brown skin with a big nose and mouth.http://christconquers.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/rothschild.jpg?w=460

Banker Amschel Rothschild or Banker Nathan Rothschild look like a mulato person in that picture.
http://logomnimon.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/276808181_e17c8f9520_o.jpg

In that mainstream picture London Banker Nathan Rothschild look like a pale mulato.

http://www.instash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/nathan-mayer-rothschild.jpg

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again it displays above the same repetitive nonsense. Not being able to contribute positive to this thread. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
In the video documentary Money Masters there is a picture of Rothschild banking patriarch Mayer Amstel Rothschild like the picture below were he have brown skin and a big mouth and nose.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TKvlwBFgNec/TJrRiCdxn4I/AAAAAAAAADc/U3Tu94JOcg4/s1600/rothschild.jpg

Another picture of bankers Mayer or Nathan Rothschild with a black people phenotype.

http://logomnimon.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/276808181_e17c8f9520_o.jpg

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the Oxy-Moron:

-

Wrong on all counts!!! Bill Gates is just trying to hide his true feelings of excitement about the lady president. He can have his wet dreams at a later time. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

No doubt you are psychologically projecting (especially the last part of your sentence on Mr. Gates).

You probably have wet dreams about Asian women whom you can never attain unless they are prostitutes.
And even then your whole life is stuck in a bizarre dream, with the 'white Nubians and Egyptians' and all scientific evidence being Afronut nonsense.

I guess you are too good for reality. [Wink]

Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by the Oxy-Moron:

-

Wrong on all counts!!! Bill Gates is just trying to hide his true feelings of excitement about the lady president. He can have his wet dreams at a later time. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

No doubt you are psychologically projecting (especially the last part of your sentence on Mr. Gates).

You probably have wet dreams about Asian women whom you can never attain unless they are prostitutes.
And even then your whole life is stuck in a bizarre dream, with the 'white Nubians and Egyptians' and all scientific evidence being Afronut nonsense.

I guess you are too good for reality. [Wink]

It would be nice for him to go and tell this to Mr. Gates himself or at least showing his face, while making these derogatory statements.

I guess he won't do that. Typing this delusional stuff anonymously like some coward on the Internet is much more fun.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com