EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Africa research, science & technology display (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Africa research, science & technology display
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Innoson Motors of Nigeria is making very beautiful vehicles. Innoson cars look like any Japanese, Korean, USA and EU cars. They also make buses for public transportation.

The Drybath invention by Ludwick Marishane is a great invention. With drybath people can stay clean all the time at work or traveling. You just have to go inside the bathroom and use drybath. Drybath is good for people that live in the desert area were water is scarce like the Arabian peninsula and the Sahara area. Drybath is also good for hot tropical area that make people sweat like Africa, Latin America and South East Asia. This is a million dollar idea.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post Firewall..keep it up may use some of your stuff over at ESR.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops!! Brada beat me to it.
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conglese made ship.

BUTEMBO2-
quote:

On lake Kivu, pride of Conglese marine engineers.

-

Posts: 2573 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Great post Firewall..keep it up may use some of your stuff over at ESR.

Thanks i will post more later.

Topic: South African Scientists Invent World's First Digitally-Tuned Laser

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008503;p=1#000000

Posts: 2573 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh...This thread kinda interested me. So I'll contribute.

Heh...Not really a invention or is he African, but still, pretty impressive. This is the true potential of black people.

Ronald Mallett-Time Travel
 -

CNN: Dr. Ronald Mallett's Time Travel Machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHC8z6ULs18

Dr Ronald Mallett sending binary code through time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUbWkiWNCo

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm Firewall, there appears to be two people you posted that don't appear to be of African descent. Laura Millroy & Deon Sabata.
Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by DHDoxies:
Ummm Firewall, there appears to be two people you posted that don't appear to be of African descent. Laura Millroy & Deon Sabata.

The thread is research and science etc.. in africa from those born/living in africa,and the info is from another thread,but i am aware they are not black,but are called white africans but i post info about arabs in africa too that are not black.

If wanted to i could have just have the topic blacks in africa and science etc..

This thread is just a awareness thread.

It would be same thing if someone posted about science in europe so this just a general awarness thread and we that blacks live in europe so i would hope someone would give us info about britians for example who are not just white if it's general awareness thread.

Example of a thread would be-research,science etc.. in europe.

I would hope someone will not ignore or not ignore completely the blacks of europe and their research etc..,but in the end it will be up to that person.

At the end of the day,scientific research etc..is a two way street,of course we all know that black africans got the ball rolling first.

My main focus is BLACKS of african origin ,but if there others i may post,if i am in the mood.

CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh ok my bad Firewall, please accept my humble apologies.
Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firewall:
 -

Way-C Tablet: The First iPad Rival Made In Africa By A Congolese

The Way-C is the first African tablet to rival the iPad. The name Way-C, which means “the light of the stars” in a northern Congolese dialect, was invented in Congo by 26-year-old Verone Mankou, under his company, VMK.

The Android tablet is a little smaller than the iPad, and weighs 380 g. It has a 1.2GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory and supports wifi. Battery life is 6 hours.

The invention was made with dreams of bringing internet access to the masses.

For now, it is only available in the Republic of Congo at Airtel Congo stores, a mobile telephone company that is a subsidiary of Indian group Bharti.

It went on sale on Monday for $300 in Congo’s capital, Brazzaville, and in the oil port city of Pointe-Noire.

The plan is for the Way-C tablet to be marketed in 10 countries in West Africa, and in Belgium, France and India, starting Feb. 15.

While the Way-C was designed in Congo, it was assembled in China, to keep the price low and because of lack of factories in the central African country.

On the official Way-C website, Mankou describes the tablet as being affordable without being a cheaply made product, and filling a gap in the market for a device catering specifically to Africans.

On the official Way-C website, Mankou describes the tablet as being affordable without being a cheaply made product, and filling a gap in the market for a device catering specifically to Africans.

According to Mankou, “Originally the idea was to design a low-cost computer to bring Internet access to as many people as possible.”

-

-

http://www.africanspotlight.com/2012/02/02/way-c-tablet-the-first-ipad-rival-made-in-africa-by-a-congolese/

I think this guy was at the CES 2013. He still had the prototype back then.

Critically seen, in specs it's a bit slow.

I however think that the mobile Ubuntu platform would be a great opportunity in Africa.

Some elaborating stuff.

-

-

So all these little PDAs and laptops -- every digital circuit in the world -- started in Africa.

And I know Brian Eno says there's not enough Africa in computers; ...

http://www.ted.com/talks/ron_eglash_on_african_fractals.html

Posts: 22246 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Edited-

quote:

It would be same the thing if someone posted about science in europe so this just a general awarness thread and we KNOW that blacks live in europe so i would hope someone would give us info about britains for example who are not just white if it's general awareness thread.

quote:
Originally posted by DHDoxies:
Ohhh ok my bad Firewall, please accept my humble apologies.

No problem.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol aka Ish Gebor:
quote:
 -

The Way-C is the first African tablet to rival the iPad. The name Way-C, which means “the light of the stars” in a northern Congolese dialect, was invented in Congo by 26-year-old Verone Mankou, under his company, VMK.

The Android tablet is a little smaller than the iPad, and weighs 380 g. It has a 1.2GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory and supports wifi. Battery life is 6 hours.

For now, it is only available in the Republic of Congo at Airtel Congo stores, a mobile telephone company that is a subsidiary of Indian group Bharti.

It went on sale on Monday for $300 in Congo’s capital, Brazzaville, and in the oil port city of Pointe-Noire.

The plan is for the Way-C tablet to be marketed in 10 countries in West Africa, and in Belgium, France and India, starting Feb. 15.

While the Way-C was designed in Congo, it was assembled in China, to keep the price low and because of lack of factories in the central African country.

According to Mankou, “Originally the idea was to design a low-cost computer to bring Internet access to as many people as possible.”

-

-

http://www.africanspotlight.com/2012/02/02/way-c-tablet-the-first-ipad-rival-made-in-africa-by-a-congolese/

I however think that the mobile Ubuntu platform would be a great opportunity in Africa.

Some elaborating stuff.

-

-

So all these little PDAs and laptops -- every digital circuit in the world -- started in Africa.

Interesting.
Good info.

jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jantavanta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Firewall, good thread that will hopefully become a magazine.

I got tired of reading IEEE (american Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineering) magazines because it was all about White American endeavours.

We do not need to import Gods from Europe & Arabia to develop technologically. Electronics, Electronics & Electromagnetics were already being used in Ancient Black Egypt. It was Napoleon Bonaparte that carried over 100 European savants to re-explore ancient egyptian technological artifacts for european re-discovery. Ampere, Volta , etc were beneficiaries of that technological transfer.

Previous science/technological transfers to Europe took place in 711 AD with the Moorish conquest of Spain.

Let us not forget that the 525 B.C. Persian conquest allowed Pythagoras and others to come into Egypt as students of Philosophy.

Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

-

-

Some elaborating stuff.

-

-

Interesting.
Good info.

A lovely information site,

http://www.kumatoo.com/african_inventors.html

http://www.kumatoo.com/arthur_zang.html

Posts: 22246 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jantavanta:
@Firewall, good thread that will hopefully become a magazine.

I got tired of reading IEEE (american Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineering) magazines because it was all about White American endeavours.

We do not need to import Gods from Europe & Arabia to develop technologically. Electronics, Electronics & Electromagnetics were already being used in Ancient Black Egypt. It was Napoleon Bonaparte that carried over 100 European savants to re-explore ancient egyptian technological artifacts for european re-discovery. Ampere, Volta , etc were beneficiaries of that technological transfer.

Previous science/technological transfers to Europe took place in 711 AD with the Moorish conquest of Spain.

Let us not forget that the 525 B.C. Persian conquest allowed Pythagoras and others to come into Egypt as students of Philosophy.

The Kumatoo BooK

http://www.kumatoo.com/files/the_kumatoo_book_june_2013_edition.pdf

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jantavanta say : Electronics, Electronics & Electromagnetics were already being used in Ancient Black Egypt. It was Napoleon Bonaparte that carried over 100 European savants to re-explore ancient egyptian technological artifacts for european re-discovery. Ampere, Volta , etc were beneficiaries of that technological transfer.

Mena say : I agree with Jantavanta. the book Technology Of The Gods by D H Childress states that the Ancient Egyptian Priest and other ancient world priests had modern technology like electricity, light bulb, radio wave communication, projection TV, Camera, computer, airplane, machine tools, generator etc. The difference is in ancient time technology was the secret of the priest class and in modern time technology was democratize to the masses.

I also heard from Afrocentric lecturer that European modern technology discoveries and the Euro industrial revolution started after Napoleon Bonaparte conquered Egypt from the Mameluk. Napoleon either discovered some technological papyrus or received those papyrus from some Middle Eastern secret society.

Egyptian Temple of Heru at Edfu look like an Intel CPU links .

http://therev67.tripod.com/edfu_cpu/edfu-cpu.htm

http://imaginedoyou.com/2011/12/ancient-computer-technology-reinvented/

-

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some have suggested that the Egyptians had some form of understanding electric phenomena from observing lightning and interacting with electric fish (such as the Malapterurus electricus) or other animals (such as electric eels).[40] The comment about lightning appears to come from a misunderstanding of a text referring to "high poles covered with copper plates" to argue this but Dr. Bolko Stern has written in detail explaining why the copper covered tops of poles (which were lower than the associated pylons) do not relate to electricity or lightning, pointing out that no evidence of anything used to manipulate electricity had been found in Egypt and that this was a magical and not a technical installation.[42]

The single representation of the image, called the "Dendera light" by some alternative suggestions, exists on the left wall of the right wing in one of the crypts of the Hathor temple
Those exploring fringe theories of ancient technology have suggested that there were electric lights used in Ancient Egypt. Engineers have constructed a working model based on their interpretation of a relief found in the Hathor temple at the Dendera Temple complex.[43] Authors (such as Peter Krassa and Reinhard Habeck) have produced a basic theory of the device's operation.[43] The standard explanation, however, for the Dendera light, which comprises three stone reliefs (one single and a double representation) is that the depicted image represents a lotus leaf and flower from which a sacred snake is spawned in accordance with Egyptian mythological beliefs. This sacred snake sometimes is identified as the Milky Way (the snake) in the night sky (the leaf, lotus, or "bulb") that became identified with Hathor because of her similar association in creation.

-

Posts: 43012 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

-

-

Some elaborating stuff.

-

-

Interesting.
Good info.

A lovely information site,

http://www.kumatoo.com/african_inventors.html

http://www.kumatoo.com/arthur_zang.html

Thanks.
I think might have seen that before,but i do remember reading awhile ago that africans still invent and alot of it happens in nigeria and of course other places in africa and outside africa.

I still will be posting more,but when i have more time later.

jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jantavanta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
..... Some have suggested that the Egyptians had some form of understanding electric phenomena from .......... do not relate to electricity or lightning, pointing out that no evidence of anything used to manipulate electricity had been found in Egypt and that this was a magical and not a technical installation.[42]

Science is nature's gift to man, and not a White man's construct.

As explained by @mena7, The Priesthood system did not separate Science from Spirituality and did not different science from magic. They were united under Philosophy not for the mass market.

The Serpent symbol is the representation of the most powerful force in Biology and Physics & Mathematics; The (DNA) Helix, The (electrical)Coil, The Sine Wave.

A lot of the ancient egyptian texts that have been plagiarized into today's Torah (notice Ra), Bible and Koran contain symbolic representations of digital systems.

For example: The Ten Commandments story. Machines rather human beings are designed to work on a finite set of commands: an Instruction Set.

Microprocessors are based on Instruction Sets. Silicon is the principal constituent of a clay tablet. The logic gates are inscribed using ultraviolet radiation lithography (called a 'bright light' by biblical Moses) in a purified (called Holy) room devoid of dust.

Gold foil has electrostatic properties. The description of the Ark of the Covenant mentions gold foil used in its construction that would give the Ark capacitive properties (with insulating acacia wood), making it a huge Capacitor. If not handled with care, a huge capacitor would discharge electric current that would "smote" a human being.

The steel blade of Tutankhamen's dagger requires a knowledge of the electrolytic process for the production of steel.

The Great White Man's Science Routine that is the basis of the white european curriculum being used in Africa's science curriculum is a fiction.

Silicon Valley originated from the Nile Valley

Suggested reading : Properties of the Ankh by Nur Ank Amen

Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
..... Some have suggested that the Egyptians had some form of understanding electric phenomena from .......... do not relate to electricity or lightning, pointing out that no evidence of anything used to manipulate electricity had been found in Egypt and that this was a magical and not a technical installation.[42]

Science is nature's gift to man, and not a White man's construct.

As explained by @mena7, The Priesthood system did not separate Science from Spirituality and did not different science from magic. They were united under Philosophy not for the mass market.

The Serpent symbol is the representation of the most powerful force in Biology and Physics & Mathematics; The (DNA) Helix, The (electrical)Coil, The Sine Wave.

The Serpent symbol in ancient art has noithing to do with the DNA helix.
Ancient people didn't know eveything. They didn't have telephones, airplanes or electron microscopes.
It takes time for knowledge to build up.

quote:

A lot of the ancient egyptian texts that have been plagiarized into today's Torah (notice Ra), Bible and Koran contain symbolic representations of digital systems.

The Bible and Koran do not contain anything having to do with digital system.
Stop bullshytting and freestyling. People didn't have computers 4000 years ago or 200 years ago,didn't they have electric lights or toilets.
Stop with the mystical mumb jumbo.

How come in Africa today they dont have yoruba priets or people reading the bible, koran or kemetic texts hanging out in science labs?
because they dont belong there. Science is abot experimentation

quote:

For example: The Ten Commandments story. Machines rather human beings are designed to work on a finite set of commands: an Instruction Set.

Microprocessors are based on Instruction Sets. Silicon is the principal constituent of a clay tablet. The logic gates are inscribed using ultraviolet radiation lithography (called a 'bright light' by biblical Moses) in a purified (called Holy) room devoid of dust.

that is total bullshyt.

Extreme ultraviolet lithography (EUVL)

has absolutely ZERO to do with the bible or clay tablets.

Go to the best black African scientists and try to talk that crap

quote:

Gold foil has electrostatic properties. The description of the Ark of the Covenant mentions gold foil used in its construction that would give the Ark capacitive properties (with insulating acacia wood), making it a huge Capacitor. If not handled with care, a huge capacitor would discharge electric current that would "smote" a human being.

that is the type of thing people say in mental hospitals

quote:

The steel blade of Tutankhamen's dagger requires a knowledge of the electrolytic process for the production of steel.

Tutankhamun had two daggers, one made of gold the other iron.
Not steel, stop bullshytting and freestyling

quote:

The Great White Man's Science Routine that is the basis of the white european curriculum being used in Africa's science curriculum is a fiction.

Silicon Valley originated from the Nile Valley

Suggested reading : Properties of the Ankh by Nur Ank Amen [/QB]

Nur Ank Amen -, not his real name, makes up a lot of bullshyt

you wnat to try proving soemthing put up quotes from the boble, koran or meti neter and we'll see if they were playing Nintendo 4000 years ago

Posts: 43012 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Sad how this thread has been ruined by non-informational rubbish.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

Oct 12 2013

Why the world’s technology giants are investing in Africa
By Fiona Graham
Technology of business reporter, BBC News, Accra

"I don't understand. Why is it that the media only seems to talk about Africa when bad things happen?"

The man behind the counter at my hotel in the Ghanaian capital, Accra, was talking to me about my job, and why I was visiting.

He looked genuinely pained. He told me he is a big fan of the BBC - in west Africa the World Service and language services have a big following - but it seemed to him that the media outside the continent often only noticed when bad things happened.

It's arguably a fair point. That's not to say the positive stories don't get reported, but he can be forgiven for seeing the headlines and thinking all the world sees is war, famine and pestilence.

In fact, Africa is booming, with growth of 5.6% predicted for 2013, according to the World Bank - although research suggests this has yet to trickle down to the very poorest on the continent.

The middle class in sub-Saharan Africa is expanding rapidly. With the seemingly unstoppable growth of the mobile phone, greater access to the internet, and an increase in access to education, change is happening, and more people have more disposable income to spend.

So it's no surprise that the big technology companies are investing in Africa. But is this the whole story?

Is it driven by philanthropy or a desire to get in on the ground before their competitors? Or does Africa offer other opportunities? I spoke to three tech giants about why they were investing in the continent.

IBM

The opening of IBM's research centre in Nairobi takes the company's total of research labs around the world to 12
The company has bolstered existing investments in the continent by opening a research facility in Nairobi, with the official inauguration celebration happening at the end of October.

According to IBM, this is the first research facility that does both applied and exploratory research on the continent.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

We believe research for Africa, solving Africa's grand challenges, has to be done on the ground in Africa”

Dr Kamal Bhattacharya
IBM Research - Africa
"The key thing is… the great growth story of Africa," says Dr Kamal Bhattacharya, the director of IBM Research - Africa.

"We know that financial inclusion is the big challenge. About 80% of the population has no access to financial services. There is the lack of access to energy, safe water, sanitation, food security.

"As scientists we believe that science and technology is an enabler to express your needs, it is an enabler to shape your own future.

"And this is why IBM is making this very significant investment into Africa, starting with Kenya. We've hired some of the top talent from all over the world, the African diaspora, people of African origin, also people who contribute to the growth of Africa, and we bring them all together here.

"We believe research for Africa, solving Africa's grand challenges, has to be done on the ground in Africa and this is why we set up and made this investment."
 -

His colleague, Dr Uyi Stewart, is chief scientist at the lab. Originally from Nigeria, the role has brought him and his family back to the continent after nearly 10 years in New York.

"People ask us: 'Can you do African research from New York?' Yes you can. It is possible, you can do research from anywhere.

"But you will miss the mark... In order to capture value, and deliver innovation that leads to commercially viable products that impact people's lives, we have to be here, in the local ecosystem."

Microsoft

Fernando de Sousa heads Microsoft's 4Afrika initiative, which focuses on encouraging innovation, increasing access to technology and building skills in the local workforce.

The division backs projects across the continent including access to training, roll-out of broadband in rural areas, infrastructure, agriculture and healthcare projects, as well as their App Factories, hubs designed to nurture young developers creating apps for the Windows phone platform.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

It's not just about networks, it's not just about PCs. It's about the end economic impact, it's about the skills”

Fernando de Sousa
Microsoft's 4Afrika
Building these projects has a very personal resonance for Mr de Sousa, who was born in Mozambique and ended up spending time in a South African refugee camp as a child after the outbreak of civil war.

"We said we want on focus on young people. We want to focus on skills, we want to focus on small and medium enterprises. We want to focus on access to technology.

"Let's take Kenya - so we start with TV white spaces in a village in the Maasai Mara.

"It's now evolved into a national policy conversation - President Kenyatta has said he wants 1.3 million students to have a [connected] device by September 2013. And he travelled to the Masai Mara to go and see what we're doing.

"It's not just about networks, it's not just about PCs. It's about the end economic impact, it's about the skills.

Fernando de Sousa says the company's objective is enabling economic development
"[Now] we have 11 countries that have formally submitted requests for us to implement TV white spaces technology."

But Mr de Sousa is clear about the motivation behind the initiative.

"There is a corporate social investment part of Microsoft which has nothing to do with Microsoft 4Afrika. And I think that that is a well-established process, we do a lot of donations in that space.

"This is about being on the ground and creating huge consumers. There's no debate about the fact that our objective is enabling economic development.

"In proving the value of technology as the enabler for that development, it's not just creating consumption of technology, but it's actually more importantly creating the ability for knowledge to be developed, for technology to actually be built in Africa.

"Because that actually drives the IT ecosystem, that drives the IT industry, that makes technology relevant."

Salesforce.com

Isabel Kelly is the international director of the Salesforce.com Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the customer relationship management and services technology giant.

She joined the company 11 years ago from campaigning group Amnesty International.

Isabel Kelly spent more than 10 years at Amnesty International
The Foundation was started with an initial investment from the company, as well as access to Salesforce.com software, which is licensed to non-profits, and staff members volunteering.

The first project in Africa for the Foundation was the suggestion of an employee, who had a brother who was volunteering in a school in the Kibagare slum in Nairobi.

"We gave some refurbished hardware to them, we paid for them to get the internet," Ms Kelly says.

"And so the school has taken on a bit of a focus on technology, we sponsored about 40 girls through the school, over the 10 years."

One of the sponsored pupils from a particularly difficult background would go on to become a lawyer working for the Kenyan Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission.
 -

Gilbert Ambani, from Juhudi Kilimo, addresses a group at a workshop at the iHub
The Foundation has its own revenue stream from the bigger NGOs it works with (customers include the Grameen Foundation) and also funds training in how to use the Salesforce platform, and workshops for start-ups at places like Nairobi's iHub and mLab.

Meanwhile, a host of social enterprises are using Salesforce tech to power their organisations - like Juhudi Kilimo, a micro-finance social enterprise, focusing on small, rural farmers in Kenya, and Honeycare, an organisation that helps farmers turn to honey production.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
In addition,

We believe research for Africa, solving Africa's grand challenges, has to be done on the ground in Africa” Dr Kamal Bhattacharya IBM Research - Africa

-

The opening of IBM's research centre in Nairobi takes the company's total of research labs around the world to 12

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24524260

jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
@Lioness, why are you still using an Afrikan avatar? Because we are the root of your History.

If Tutankhamen's dagger was ordinary iron, why was it not rusted after almost 3,000 years? It was falsely called ordinary iron in order to fit it into the albino race timeline of technological development.

The double serpent symbol being used in the medical profession originated in egypt and represents DNA and RNA helices. In the tree of life Genesis creation story the forbidden fruit represents the nucleus that contains genetic information that is dangerous to tamper with.

Why should the so-called best african scientists be products of Albino race science curriculum? How does melanin deficiency confer the ability of science & technology. Research was introduced from Africa to europe.

We are in the second cycle of existence after the fall of Atlantis. All the aeroplanes you see now are a re-inventions.

It is possible using the meditation techniques to design objects of flights, without exhaustive experimentation.

Why should violent nintendo games for children be the hallmark of development?

The scientific & technological development we are looking for is in what we have lost: Cultural Independence.

If you read Orunmila & The Three Witches, it is a coded description of space flight in a spaceship.

The new science will come from Africa. The little science we lost is the basis of the albino race technological race

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
BUMP.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Bump.
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Bump.
Ledama Kenya
Member # 21677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledama Kenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post. I wonder why the haters of Indigenous Africans in this forum are quiet.
Posts: 306 | From: Kenya | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Deleted.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
I posted info about the internet growing in africa in a another thread.
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up you mighty race. Accomplish what you will.
_Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey _ (2 links)

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
HOW TO GET AFFORDABLE CIVILIAN ARMOURED VEHICLES IN NIGERIA
quote:
A civilian armoured vehicle is specially constructed with reinforced components to safeguard its occupants, particularly from shots, explosions, and attacks. Its unique high level protective features, such as bulletproof glasses, layers of armour plating, well-protected tires (run flat tires), and a variety of defensive mechanisms, set it apart from typical military-built armoured vehicles like the MRAP, which are tough and loaded with hazardous features for combat terrains. Instead, civilian armoured vehicles are made to be attractive and comfortable.

Where Can You Get a Civilian Armoured Vehicle?

Though people are only now becoming aware of it, Nigeria has excelled in producing armoured vehicles. Proforce Limited is a manufacturer of armoured vehicles in Nigeria located in Ode Remo, Ogun State. The company has been in operation for more than 14 years and offers a variety of defence products such as armoured personnel carriers (APCs), armoured cash-in-transit vehicles (CITs), armoured SUVs, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV-Drones), armoured sedans and saloons, bulletproof helmets and vests, military trucks, infantry combat vehicles.

Surprisingly, these cars enjoy a stellar reputation throughout the world for their intricate designs and high levels of productivity, which enable them to successfully compete with products from other countries and adhere to all international requirements. These armoured vehicles were created from the ground up and are worthy of export.

To read more go here.
https://proforcedefence.com/2022/08/how-to-get-affordable-civilian-armoured-vehicles-in-nigeria/

PROFORCE LIMITED
Armored Vehicles Manufacturer - Nigeria
 -
https://armyrecognition.com/nigeria_defence_and_security_industry/proforce_limited_armored_vehicles_manufacturer_nigeria.html

WOW!!. NEW PROFORCE ARMORED VEHICLE MANUFACTURED IN NIGERIA , AFRICAN COUNTRIES ARE USING. MRAP ARA
 -

quote:

According to a tweet posted on May 27 by Jake (jakepor21), Proforce Ltd, Nigeria's leading defence corporation, has delivered 20 MRAP vehicles in a variety of configurations to the African Republic of Chad: recovery, medical evacuation (MEDEVAC), command and control, patrolling, and surveillance missions.

PROFORCE NIGERIA LIMITED. Made in Nigeria armoured vehicle Ara, or Thunder, is a 17-ton Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle designed to provide a high level of protection. Combining an array of latest technologies, the Ara is a mission-adaptive vehicle that provides high crew protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=mi-8s3uOf4w
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com