EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Colours: Skin, Sea, Soil (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Colours: Skin, Sea, Soil
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone find historical significance in this?

Yellow Sea - Yellow People - Yellow Soil (Loess)
Black Sea - Black People - Black Soil (Loam)
White Sea - White People - White Soil (Snow)
Red Sea - Red People - Red Soil (Sand)(Eryth/Edom)

There was an area northwest of India called Afica and Kush

Is it possible that 'Africa' derived from the same linguistic root as 'apricot', referring to the soil (sand/savanna) color and skin tone of Khoi-San (outside the Tropical rainforest)?

I guess I'm wondering if: 'Black Africans' lived around the Black Sea, 'White Europeans' lived around the White Sea, 'Yellow East-Asiatics' lived around the Yellow Sea; then warming & more rain moved people outwardly to former deserts where sand-colored (camouflage) H&G nomads survived transiting between seasonal oases.

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He,he,he,he:
Now that's a novel approach to anthropology.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the various seas are not named according to the people who lived around them
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
the various seas are not named according to the people who lived around them

How do you know that?
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes they do sometimes they don't the Black Sea is so named because of the blackish tint of the water and is known as a devourer of ships.
The Ethiopian sea well that's self evident also what is known to be the Red Sea was known back in the era before the Greeks as Km wr or the Black sea more than likely relating to the Kemites or the Black ppls,the Yellow sea got it's name from the color of the water which appears yellowish especially when a dust storm kicks up..sailed those waters ma self.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Mike111, appreciate that.

Thanks, the lioness, perhaps the people around them were named according to the sea, the soil, via the colors of season (winter white(snow-clouds), spring black(thaw), summer yellow(grains), autumn red(leaves). I don't know. However I do think there was a direct connection.

I would like to add this:

Pontus Euxine/Euxinus was the name of the black sea, however I have good reason to argue that this was a later name for the Cushi(te) Sea based on similar sound but different scripts in Hebrew and Greek/Latin. Euxine from Cushi(te)/Quxy/Kush.

This parallels the change of 'Euphrates' from *Quphiratu (my term, combining (Hittite) 'Firat' with (Akkadian) Pirattu with qupha/gufa(Arb)/kuphos(Grk) "cup" ferries which brought freight & livestock across rivers and downstream in basket-bowl (ark) boats, punted in shallows, paddled in depths, pulled by currents. These coracles/corwyc(Gael) were of slimed interwoven reeds (Vietnam/Amazon/India) or buttered-yakskin- covered wicker (Tibet) arks/barqs/barges, of the Noah/Moses/Sargon/Atrahasis type, the first boats.

I'd also like to note that early European translations of W Asian languages should be tested, as I find that the Sumerian/Ubaidian name of the Forest Guard, "Huwawa", was more likely "Humbaba", which is how Akkadian script shows it. Translators did not recognize that "mb" was a hum vowel and thus not written [this relates to eg. compound = combined = *co-Mbo.nd = copina(Aztec) = campur(Malay).] I link Humbaba to Kubaba.

Also the Sumer-Ubaid word for potter is pahar, I think it was actually pronounced pandhar, based on similarities to bound/pond(mud)/pound/paddle(used to firm pots). (wet clay binds soil into clods, wet sand does not.)

Thanks Brada-Anansi, I'm looking at it from paleo-perspective, so interpretations may differ. [Smile]

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Pictures are tricky on the net, but I meant red soil/sand as in (iron-tinted?) sandstone:

Reddish sandstone along Red Sea and Petra, Jordan:
http://www.buckettripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/red-sea-3.jpg
http://www.holiday-n-adventure.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Petra.jpg
Kalahari/Namakwaland(post-rainfall)
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kalahari&FORM=HDRSC2
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=namakwaland&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=namakwaland&sc=8-11&sp=-1&sk=

Compared to the yellow sands of Sahara:
http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-age-of-sahara-desert.html#.VCLovOzD-JA

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
The number 4 in Chinese and Japanese is Shi, it is associated with bad luck, mourning and death.
In ancient China, white is the color of mourning and death.
I'd think that this relates to winter being the season of starvation.
The word Shi appears to match the first syllable of the paleo-keyword !Xyambuatlaya:
Xy ~ sky/snee(Dutch:snow)/icy/whi(te)/Wei(ss)(German:white)
Wondering if this relates to ancient calenders/zodiacs

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
eDeN 4 rivers:
DaNube
DNieper
DNiester
DoN

my thoughts: (speculative, logical)

Black aTlaNtis = Black Sea eDeN / aDaN / enDeLuge

Black Sea Region Flood emigrees dispersed, through jorDaN valley [(j/y)(ua/a/o)r(e)(d/dy/t)an(a)], georGiaN caucasus, the darDaNelles, the Blue Nile's Lake TaNa, the TaNa delta, and perhaps the 2 YaNa rivers in Siberia and RhoNe & RhiNe in Europe.

*Europa~Yorub(h)a?
*Igbo~Ijebu~(Y)jebu(site)~Egypt/Geb't/Djibouti?

With them they brought plants and animals and their sacred stories, evolving through time to better fit their new locations.

King Arthur/round table/avalon =
Ur Artu/round teba=ark=qufa/(n)a(u/t)alan

stories evolved...

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
"Considering that pre-humans inhabited the Black Sea coast 1.8 million years ago, the coast of northern Spain over 1 million years ago and; the coast of Britain at least 0.8 million years ago, the drowned land includes some of the earliest routes from Africa into Europe, and the areas where people survived during the multiple Ice Ages." http://www.marineboard.eu/images/publications/Land%20Beneath%20the%20Waves-244.pdf

The isolated Zvan of Svanetti, Georgia use sheepskin to sift gold in streams cf Jason & Argonauts, some notes from Natl Geog. Oct. 2014

-Lichaanishoba: holiday of Adisha village in August, each couple brings a sheep & jug
-Lamproba: holiday for mentioning souls - pre-Christian, birch torches brought to graves
-Note: Oba=lord in Yoruba. lamp=lantern/torch
-supra = feast table cf qupha/teba/tapfel/tepl
-Kviria: fertility god, now St. Kivirike
-ormotsi : >40 day death ceremony, cheese sheet spread over flatbread
-Kaldani: surname of Adashi's oldest villager cf euskalduna(Basque), Chaldean(Assyrian), Haldi(god of Urartu)
-Numerous 50' stone towers store grain, defense
-Polyphonic music
-Lit candles mounted on horns of bull (menorah/candelabra) as it walks around
=These may have been ancient coastal customs later 'hidden' in the highlands, perhaps linked to ancient African customs

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
*Igbo~Ijebu~(Y)jebu(site)~Egypt/Geb't/Djibouti?

compare: Aegean Sea vs Aegebtian vs Aethiopian
if "aeg" ~ "8" or "H" sounds, possibly "aeth" may have been same sound originally

edge/age/etch/etxe(Basque: house)/agri/ache/eth

Not able to link Misra/Misr(Arabic:Egypt) to ancient sounds, maybe via (Ch)M(t/sr)?

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
10 Heroic Flood Epics - a pattern of tribal memories

Sis <- Atra | Atrahasis {Babylon} | Oasis/Oannes/John'baptist~njua'a.ndlu/mbu.a'tsis/axis
Tis <- Atla | Atlantis {Egypt} | ndulandlu.a'tsis/.aegis?
Dis -> Alio | Deucalion {Greek} | son of Phoronis/prometheus
Zius -> Udra | Ziusudra {Sumer} | undula'tzius
Xis -> Uthro | Xisuthros {Armen.} | undulua'tchis
Xim <- Noah | Noa.c.h.im {Hebr.} | [NHM] nua'achizm
Xmiz <- Na | Nachmizuli {Hurrian} | [NHM] na'achim'zul
Yi -> Ma | Yima {Persian} | built ur/vara y.ambua
Bis? <- Manu | Manu {Sanskrit} | m/sudD.aNu.bis? mbuanua/mbwana-lord=oba/mbo'ana
B -> Ur nu | Bornu {Benue} | Noah's birthplace? bu.a.nua
? -> ArtUr | Arthur {Gaelic} | ArtURo/UrArtu/Ararat? uadr/water/atl - Ur source of water

wikipedia: "Noah's is a rectangle, while Atrahasis was instructed to build his in the form of a cube" {cup/qufa not cube}

Epic of Ziusudra: "king Ziusudra ... they caused to dwell ... where the sun rises". Ziusudra's boat floats down the Euphrates river into the Persian Gulf {rather than up-stream to Kish}. The Sumerian word KUR in line 140 of the Gilgamesh flood myth was interpreted to mean "mountain" in Akkadian, although in Sumerian, KUR did not mean "mountain" but rather "land", especially a foreign country. KUR ~ ArTURo/ArTHUR/UrArtu/Ararat?

According to the Matsya Purana, Vishnu appeared as Shaphari {small carp} to Manu, King of Kumari Kandam, while he washed his hands in a river flowing down the Malaya mountains in the land of Dravida. The little Fish asked the king to save Him, and out of compassion, he put it in a water jar. It was then that He revealed Himself, informed the King of an all-destructive deluge which would be coming very soon. The King built a huge boat which housed his family, 9 types of seeds, and animals to repopulate the earth, after the deluge would end and the oceans and seas would recede; his boat was perched after the deluge on the top of the Malaya Mountains. {Wikipedia: Manu's ark}

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
mother tongue, Ju|'hoan
"Ju|'hoansi" (pronounce: Dju-kwa-si)
There are only 1,400 Ju|'hoansi left, living in about 36 villages (traditionally called N!oresi)

Oannes/johannes/jonah/giovanni/john/yahaya/jonathon

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
undulate, perambulate relate to ulat/ular{Malay} worm/snake, as serpentine/riparian movements.

The Sudd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudd is a vast swamp in South Sudan. People live in round huts on small floating islands in the Sudd:
 -

Ma'adan people lived in vast swamps of Sumeria:
http://www.simplysharing.com/sumerians.htm
 -
Interestingly, they herded and milked water buffalo, but ate fish.

I'm uncertain if the Ma'adan were earlier Mandeans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandaeism
[Note: See Dr. Winters posts on Ma'a & Mande]

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Jah.Oba {Rex/Lex/Lisk/Lechm/Lingam} = Xyua/Xyambua
Je.H'o.Va // Ya.Hu.Wa.He // YHWH // J/Yeshua
Oba.Ma
Ab.Ra.Ha.M(a)
B(a).Ra.h.Ma
Ba.Ruch.
Ba.R (born/birth/bear = (dja/ua)Mbo(ua/va gyne)
Dha.Ru.ma (Japanese i.dol.l)
Rumah (Malay: house)
Drum // messenger // messiah // m.x.ya.

Djambo= D/J/Z + a/eu

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ebb=get_topic;f=15;t=009332;p=1#000004

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
!Xyambuatlaya = Paleo Keyword

Djambo/Karibu(Aphric: meet/mate/state/jam)
= xyarmbua/ndzjambwa/xtalimo/shalom.o/a.salamu.a
talimat(Eskimo:forearm-5-greeting)
(ke)lima(Malay-Polynesian: hand-5)
molimo(Mbuti: horn to call ass.embl.y/embry.o)
etxe(Basque: home, hut)
wamba(OEngl: womb cf warm (vomit?))
mabul(Heb: bloom, swell)
embarazado(Span: pregnant)
para(OJap: belly (wom.b.El.l)
perut(Malay: belly) (bulat/round, ibu/ma)

Shamash(Akkad: Sun god/level=pair/fair/parent)
Xym/Sun(Engl: bright sky/shine/gleam)
Himalaya: Himah/snow + alaya/area(Sansk)
atalaya(Span: watchtower)

Zeu.s=Deu.s=Ju.piter=Dja.Mbuatl
Shining parent/"sky father"(PIE), shy/shadow/shame
cf br.other d.aughter m.other f.ather mate.r.x
Aten/Adonai/Zen/Utu(Sum:sun)/Tengeri(Mongol:shine)

potli(Aztec: both/brother/bond/bi-nd) *mbuatlay
otli(Aztec: other/order/whole/one) *uatlay

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
!Xyambuatlaya = Paleo Keyword

Ham xyAm.buatl/sHam.u.El/Samuel
Shem Xyam./Sh'm/Nau.a.xh'm/Noachim/shekhem
Japheth xYam.PHuetl/Caput-head?/Geb't?

Noah's flood started European farming? 2007
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005762;p=1#000000

Bantu terms for fire-char:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005751;p=4#000173

buni (Kukuyalanji(Q-land, Austrl) fire
apa (Mbuti, Congo) fire
ape (Ainu, Japan) fire
api (Malay,Indonesia) fire (apa-hi/pahit/burnt)
re.
"The CONSONANTS KM represents BLACK in Mdw Ntr. The argument is that the KM, which is symbolized by charcoal which is NOT a natural occurring product, is PRONOUNCED KaaUma. The M or "Uma" is there to let you know in what context the KM is referencing. Charcoal is used to extract metals from orche (metallurgy) and is used for heating and cooking. Some other African cognates:

KaMa meaning Black in Coptic,
iKaMa meaning Blackened in Mbochi,
KaMi Burnt in Bambara,
KeMi Burnt in Mandjakou,
KeM Burnt in Wolof,
Kim meaning Burnt in Mossi, etc..." (link above)

I've wondered if Kimberly, South Africa was local name or from Europe. (I figured it was local, based on similarity to Xyambuatlaya eg. Zimbabwe.)
Also, interesting that ochre was written as orche, like scorch/torch, not pochre/poker.

On Mbabaram language of Q'land: (cf djwuaMbo)
Tindale (1974): Mbabaram (initial glottal stop), (Um)Barbarem, Bar-barum, Mogmbabarum (['mok] = man), Wumbabaram (Tjapukai term), Oombarbarum, Woombarbarram, Boobu-ram, Balbarum, Woombarrmbarra (Wakara term).

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
I tried to find the word for fire or char/burnt in the Mbabaram language formerly spoken by pygmies in north Australia, but have found a wordlist (Tindale) of only 11 words, one is dog, "dog" from gudaga/kutaka ~ kwon(PIE)?

Unable to edit last post, "Bantu terms.." should be just above "The CONSONANTS.." not above "buni".

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
From Dr. Winters' paper at:
https://www.academia.edu/8800304/Were_the_First_Europeans_Pale_or_Dark_Skinned

"Also W.E. B. DuBois,

The World and Africa

noted that “There was once a an “uninterrupted belt’ of Negro culture from Central Europe to South Africa” (p. 88). "

I'd always viewed it as a tropical belt from West Africa between the Sahel & Namib dry zones eastwardly between the Black Sea and Sri Lanka to VietNam and Papua, with later temperate-climate immigrants mixing and/or substantially replacing various populations. I hadn't looked at Central Europe at all, nor had I considered mousterian deposits in Africa to be Neanderthal.
- - -

re. my earlier note: "King Arthur/round table/avalon = Ur Artu/round teba=ark=qufa/(n)a(u/t)alan"

note: table/tablet/temple/drum/trumpet
table/tapfel/topo.l/topa(Ind)/teba(Heb);
ark/bark-barque-barge-embarazado(Sp:preg.)/para(J:belly)/embark/baracuda/barracks/Barack?

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Note: was Mbu/raka the older name for the Biaka?
Mbarbaram/Mbabaram(Austl)
M|baka/Biaka/Akka/Akan/Ga, Bacola; Nambakwa?
Mbuti/BaMbuti (per Adamson, in Rift valley?)
Batwa/Twa: Mombasa=*Mbombuatza Botswana=*MboTzwana

Geb't ~ (enje/ge/ke)Batwa ~ Hadza ~ Bamtzvah(H)?

original source of French "Patois"(creole)?

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
oculocutaneous = m.ongolu(Mbuti:dome) + cuta(L:coat-skin-ecto)=guta(India:latex) + neous

occupa(nt) = of coop/cup/qufa(coracle)/dome(stic)/duomo(Ital:dome)/dumdum(Thai:black)

ocu = opo(calabash-bottle gourd)/egg(ostrich)/eye/kelapa(Malay:coconut)/teba(Heb: bag/basket/ark/qufa) co.nta.iner/co.nte.nt/co.ngre.gate/sy.nago.gue

harb(Hittite:harbour(verb), orphan, ward of) ~ haben(Germ: have) vs gehben(Germ: give) govern?
orb/orphan: hanging on (pear, fig), toward
orbiculos, forb(banana)/forage/forest/bosque(Sp)/hutan(Malay)/botanic(L) ~ organic
orbit/corvid/obituary(buzzards encircle dead)

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BDr
(looking up TYR trait, found: Tyr(Utu/teuti/TiWaS/Dyaus/Zeus/dJahmobualynx/Xy.a.mbuatlaya)

Týr (/ˈtɪər/;[1] Old Norse: Týr [tyːr]) is a god associated with law and heroic glory in Norse mythology, portrayed as one-handed. Corresponding names in other Germanic languages are Gothic Teiws, Old English Tīw and Old High German Ziu and Cyo, all from Proto-Germanic *Tīwaz. The Latinised name is Tius or Tio.[2]

In the late Icelandic Eddas, Tyr is portrayed, alternately, as the son of Odin (Prose Edda) or of Hymir (Poetic Edda), while the origins of his name and his possible relationship to Tuisto (see Tacitus' Germania) suggest he was once considered the father of the gods and head of the pantheon, since his name is ultimately cognate to that of *Dyeus (cf. Dyaus), the reconstructed chief deity in Indo-European religion."

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Interesting: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000014;p=1#000024

Marc Washington (Page: Legend) "proto-Scandinavian ([8], god Thor, Tyr) were African (to be defined)." There is more at the page bottom, regarding Thor or Tyr having "grape cluster hair" in picture shown.

That seems to agree with derivation from jambo/(n)djambuo/!xyambua ... shamash(Bab)sunfire/yam (shine.mound/mother.boundary/bounty/booty/bond)

Also perhaps Thor(Scand) & Hathor(Egypt) share a root*. If Thor/Tyr was indeed cognate to Zeus "father of the gods", it might parallel Anunakki/Elohim (offspring of Anu/El). I've read that Thor-Stones can be understood as yams.
Yampi(Shoshoni/Ute: yam)
Nyam (Fulani: to eat) cf yum-yum (English: tasty)

*"Ha"(Hebrew) means "the", just as "El"(Spanish) means "the" and Al(Arab) means "the" (eg. Allah is contraction of Al Ilah which means "The God"). his father = a athair(Gaelic)
her father = a hathair(Gaelic)

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
I'm not sure if I should put these here or at Dr. Winters posts, I'd rather not fill his threads with my unattested paleo-linguistic speculations, since they don't necessarily follow his (or other scholars') rules (syntax, grammar, etc.).

I do see many convergent sound/meanings across vast temporal & geographic distances.

An example is the Mbuti dome hut: mongolu found around the world in changed forms but maintaining the sound order and preserving the original sense of round/dome/home form of woven/"glued" material. From Latin oculo/eye to Dravidian mohenjo/mound to Aztec (a)calli/house to Chinese gulu/circle and the Indian woven bowl-boat harigolu and Welsh corwycyl/coracle.

I find that the "parent" of mongolu was mbuangualua, which links banana (leaves)(Mali/Austral.), tobacco (leaves) (AmerInd/Indonesian:tembakau), tabac(Canary Isl. tunic), bungalow(India), igloo (Innuit Eskimo), glue/gloom/gleam/gelap(Malay:dark)/mengeluar(Malay:leave)); mb, ng, ua were letters (not necessarily written so in early scripts).

Somehow !Xyambuatlaya links to mbuangualua, both refer to parents/mothers bounty/bounds from camp to campaign to kampong to campo to copina to campur.

What has this to do with Egypt or the Black Sea?
Those were pit stops, oases, on the journey to today and tomorrow. It started in the Congo-Rift, it may not end soon.

We speak one language in +7,000,000,000 ways.

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Sometimes a story is told in the blink of the eye.

All this time I've known:

Latin - scandula: shingles(leaves/weaves/waves)
Mbuti - mongolu: interleaved frame dome
Mbuti - endu: inside/end of dome
Mbuti - endura: area inside the forest, interior

but never connected them.

"e.ndu.mo.ngo.lu": endome, entry/in/at home

I finally found the taproot of "home suite home".

I dedicate this noted finding to 2 friends, former room-mates and fellow foresters: Arai-san Masaaki(Japan) & Damas Ndumwami(Burundi).

DD'eDeN

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Per Dr. Winters' reference to Vai, a Mande language of Liberia, with script from 1820, linked to Cherokee script, brings me to Bambara language: (eg. compared to Malay beneath)

N bɛ I Baw Kaw = I will beat you
(lit: I will beat you)

Saya/aku:I + akan/nak:will + pukul/memukul:beat + engkau[or 'kau]/awak/kamu:you

The Bambara has a dialect: San, check if linked to Khoe2-San. (Song/Sung(So.Chin)? Hsiung/Hung/!Kung)

Compare to Mba(r)baram(Q-land Austl pygmy); compare to BaMByAkka[dian]/Namb'(tw/qu)a/xyaMbTswa(na/tlaya), BaMButi, Mbo/Somali-[Tamil x Sumer = (Zi)mbaTswambwe(r/l)/(S/Xy)a(m/mb)u(at)el?]/Pap.ua-Mama.nwa
- - -

N bɛ bamanankan mɛn dɔɔni-dɔɔni =
I understand/hear a little bit of Bambara (lit: I aux positive Bambara hear small-small)

Aku faham/dengar Bambara sedikit-dikit

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Nachatl/Nackerman - meat-bone
Naga(land): NE India = Assam, SemaNaga/Semang? very similar culture to Borneo Iban-Dayak(Hill rice swidden, machetes, headhunters)
kanak(a) - cannibal? headhunter? (CL claim)
anak - child = not to be eaten(CL claim)
Malay: not cannibal/headhunter but retain name?
Hawaii: native: Kanaka Maoli/mother/botli(Azt)
Hawaii: foreigner: Kanaka Haoli/other/otli(Azt)

ref.(CL claim) "...kanaka(Malay)=ca naca/tl(N)=being flesh. CemaNaga are cannibals (Assam). islands, it's to be expected. using naca/naga/snake/flesh for people? one suspects cannibalism by nomeclature.
...but, (Greenland) Quaanaaq=cua nac/atl(N)=eat flesh=all but there own as there no salads north except the sea." "tabernacle/tavern snack/snake"

Dr. Winters: "The Botocudo had many names for themselves. Some Botocudos called themselves Nac-nanuk or Nac-poruk. The name Nac-nanuk or Nac-poruk means "sons of the soil"."

"Nanook of the North" (film about Eskimos)
Qaanaq: Name of Greenland eskimo settlement.
(Malay) Bumiputera = Sons of the Soil
Botocudo(Portugese: button/disk)
The Eskimos were called flesh-eaters by others, they ate raw fermented walrus blubber (muktuc) etc.

Eskimo: forearm-hand-5: talimat, tadlimadt
Malay: hand-5: lima, tanganlima

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Shine/Sin(Moon goddess)/Shun(E)/Sun/Sky/Skin->kin(dred)=chil(dren)/Schield=skillet/shad(e/ow): Xy(a)mb(uatlaya)= shamash(Bab:sun god-justice)

Cy.li.nd.r.ical: Xy(ambua)tl + endura=ngolu/ical[shuttle/sickel/cycle/silk/slice/kwekwelo=wheel)

conical roof upon drum/cylinder: Bantu/Mongol/(MBu)Anglo ~ bungalo/bongo

Bo(Papua:mountain) = mohenjo(Indic:mound) = gunung(Malay:mountain) = m/bo.ng.uo(n/l)u(ng) = mongolu(Mb)

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Oldest domestic animal remains in Southern Africa: sheep

Shofar(Hebrew:trumpet of ram/kudu antelope/goat horn) ~ molimo(Mbuti) ~ didgeridu(Austrl) = call to assemble/(harvest/harb-feast)

Africa/aphrika/apricot/capricorn/capri-apries/afar

Khefre/scarab beetle with antlers-horns-cornu
chefre/chevro(n/let/tain=mouse deer)/khafir? chef? chief? Kiev(Ukr. viking Rus)

note: coracle basket bowl boats carried ice blocks wrapped(tlapa=drape) in mtn. sheep pelts/felt/svelte down Tigris/E(Q)uphrates to towns in spring-summer -> method of Gizamids

Apries: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008458;p=3#000111

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
re. Denderah zodiac thread

batu (Malay) boundary stone
meta (Greek) boundary stone, metaphor=ferry across
Kudurru (Akkad) boundary stone, record of land grants to vassals by the Kassites in ancient Babylonia between the 16th and 12th centuries BCE.[1] The word is Akkadian for "frontier" or "boundary" (cf. Hebrew גדר "gader", fence, boundary; Arabic جدر "jadr", جدار "jidar" 'wall'; pl. جدور "judūr"). The kudurrus recorded the land granted by the king to his vassals as a record of his decision. The original kudurru would be stored in a temple while the person granted the land would be given a clay copy to use as a boundary stone to confirm legal ownership.

The kudurrus would contain symbolic images of the gods who were protecting the contract, the contract itself and the divine curse that would be placed on a person who broke the contract.

Hebrews: avoided/ignored? graven images

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008459 Egypt gods/spirits

note: Dedun god/spirit?
note: Heka(magic) ~ Hecate/wind?
Shu AE god of air = Atlas [cf Xy(amb)u(atlaya)]

Bennu/Phoenix ~ Punt/Djibouti-Gebt/Kemt
Buni(Mbarbaram or Kukuyalanji, Austl): fire(stick)
wbn(AE: to shine) ~ bennu/phoenix/sphynx
Bennu bird "He Who Came Into Being by Himself", "Lord of Jubilees"; the latter epithet referred to the belief that the Bennu periodically renewed itself like the sun.
Its name is related to the Egyptian verb wbn, meaning "to rise in brilliance" or "to shine"
(Mena7 thread: Egyptian gods/spirits)

Geb/Seb/Kebb was the Egyptian god of the Earth and a member of the Ennead of Heliopolis. It was believed in ancient Egypt that Geb's laughter were earthquakes and that he allowed crops to grow

As the God of the earth, Geb was one of the most important of ancient Egypt's gods. According to the Heliopolis doctrine, he came from a line of important gods. His parents were Shu, the god of air, and Tefnut, the goddess of moisture, who were in turn the children of Atum. Osiris, Isis, Seth and Nephthys were the children of Geb and Nut, and together these gods made up the Heliopolitan Ennad. However, it should be noted that Geb may also be referred to in various literature as Seb, Keb, Kebb or Gebb. After Atum, the four deities (Shu, Tefnut, Geb, and Nut) established the Cosmos, whereas the second set of deities (Osiris, Isis, Seth and Nephthys) mediated between humans and the cosmos

Geb is usually represented in the form of a man who who wears either the white crown to which is added the Atef crown, or a goose. The Goose was his sacred animal and symbal. As the God of earth, the earth formed his body and was called the "house of Geb," just as the air was called the "house of Shu," and the heaven the "house of Ra," Hence,. he was also often portrayed laying on his side on the earth, and was sometimes even painted green, with plants springing from his body. Earthquakes were believed to be the laughter of Geb.

In hymns and other compositions he is often portrayed as the erpat, i.e., the hereditary, tribal chief of the gods, and he plays a very important part in the Book of the Dead. Therefore he is one of the gods who watch the weighing of the heart of the deceased in the Judgement Hall of Osiris.. The righteous who were provided with the necessary words of power were able to make their escape from the earth but the wicked were held fast by Geb.

Religious texts show that there was no special city or district set apart for the god Geb, but a portion of the temple estates in Apollinopolis Magna were called the "Aat of Geb," and a name of Dendera was "the home of the children of Geb,". The chief seat of the god appears to have been at Heliopolis, where he and his female counterpart Nut produced the great Egg from which sprang the Sun-god under the from of a phoenix. In ancient Egypt, the egg is a symbol of renewal, and even today, this symbolism appears in our traditions surrounding Easter.

It was claimed that Heliopolis was the birthplace of the company of the gods, and that in fact the work of creation began there. In several papyri we find pictures of the first act of creation which took place as soon as the Sun-god, by whatsoever name he may be called, appeared in the sky, and sent forth his rays upon the earth. In these papyri, Geb always occupies a very prominent position.

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Papuan | Maasai | Mamanwa (Philippine Indig.)

Papua: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a1/61/02/a16102a5efb92d9cb630bfd88efed559.jpg

Maasai: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=maasai&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=1D91BCC70CDA76F98AA3FD85C85AD4F01C1E8050&selectedIndex=36

Papua: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=New+Guinea+People&FORM=R5FD8&crslsl=0#view=detail&id=7B868C63A28B1B81A534574DE063E6780926FFEE&selectedIndex=273

Maasai: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=maasai&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=A709C4B3129283DBE97FFA33C77AD19F5567311C&selectedIndex=49

Mamanwa: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mamanwa&id=F066489972EAEB2CF70974CD01CBFBBE7F5451CD&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=CA16731684C1AF84A92ADAC89DFFEFB20ED277B6&selectedIndex=1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ding-inkblots/7969998074/

Note: Andamaners have proto-Australian but not denisovan
Note: Australians/Papuans/Mamanwa have denisovans

http://3lbmonkeybrain.blogspot.com/2011/10/human-clades.html

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
from my comment at Malian thread:

river =

Ibaiaren (Basque)
Xmara (Maltese)
Osimiri (Igbo)
Nehir (Turkish)
Gir (Tamazight)
Sungai (Malay)
Noa (Lao)
Mto (Swahili)
Atoyaatl (Aztec Nahuatl)
Mdinare (Georgian)
Nadi (Azerbaijani)
Wadi (Arabic)
Wide (Kusunda {Nepal, linked to E. Papuan})
Virta (Finnish)
Webiga (Somali)
Rzeka (Polish)
River/gyr.at.e/curr.ent/cr.eek (English)

Note: gir ~ stir, syrup, stir up [stirrup]

Note: Tu.rk.ci = Tu.ngu.sic = Ta.ma.zight

Note: syrup: Xy + rup/loop, rope/lobe, rub/lube, elude/erode, rupiah, gallop, deer/horses captures were while swimming in rivers with punt pole & dog collar/coraller/harness/yoke - "nooses" (Khamsa, Botai=BowTie=Xy.am.bu.atalay.a), shoot/chute=shuttle=saddle up, syrup-serpent.ine,
razor strop/strap/apa/tapa/tlapa/satropy/atrophy

lope/gallop/loop/coop/hoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2814715/Mystery-Jordan-s-Big-Circles-Ancient-stone-rings-desert-left-archaeologists-baffled.html

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Mena7 thread http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009259;p=1#000006

"Mena: Watches and clocks have Egyptian symbolism. The hour hand is name after the Egyptian sun God Horus, the minute hand is name after the moon God Min, the second hand is name after the God or planet Mercury aka Hermes aka Tehuti. The watch dial represent the wheel of the zodiac."

Horus: Egy. daytime/daily/deity=techine=divi(ne/de)=Shine/Sun/sky/Xy: Shamash(Akad)/Utu(Sumer)/Surya/Current/Syrup/Gyre/Gir(Tamazight)

hour: hora(Sp), uhr(G), jam(Indon), pukul(M)
minute: tehuti-> Min+Utu; minit(M), minuten(G)
second: bi-section/sex-tant, 60; detik(M)
zodiac: 12 di.ac/zwolf/twelve

wbn(Anc.Egypt) woven (NOT "to shine" but to reflect sunshine/rain as domes did)/webbing = dome hut construction = mongolu/bungalow/iglu/wbn

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Note: Editing function disabled, correction:

Note: syrup: Xy + rup/loop, rope/lobe, rub/lube, elude/erode, rupiah, gallop, deer/horses/water buffalo were captured while swimming with punt pole & dog collar/coraller/harness/yoke/leash-lace-trace-lash/tlaca(Aztec)/tlapa(Aztec:drape)/tapa(Mbuti-Hawaiian:fig bark loincloth))(Khamsa, Khazak: Botai=BowTie=Xy.am.bu.atalay.a), shoot/chute=shuttle=saddle up, syrup-serpent.ine,
razor strop/strap/apa/tapa/tlapa/satropy/atrophy

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
@ Mena7's thread: Egyptian Gods or Spirits:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008459;p=2#000096

"... to the belief that the Bennu periodically renewed itself like the sun.[2] Its name is related to the Egyptian verb wbn, meaning "to rise in brilliance" or "to shine".

But this is my translation of wbn:

wbn(Anc.Egypt) woven (NOT "to shine" but to reflect sunshine(ray/radiation)/rain as ancestors' domes did)/webbing = dome hut construction = mongolu/bungalow/iglu/

~ w.omb.ng.lu = wuamuabuanuagualua = wovenbell = womb+belly(shape of pregnancy/embarazado(Sp))

Egyptians changed the physical form from dome/bell to pyramid due to social rectilinearization/hierarchical structuring due to high populations concentrated by the Nile of sedentary settlements using "industrial-style" of agriculture, from ancestral gathering to gardening to agriculture of the Old Kingdom.

Compare: the Pyramidion/benben stone atop the pyramid equaled the cone roof above a Bantu hut and yurts of Turks (ui) and Mongol (ger) and the Dakota AmerIndian tipi, these were nipples/nubbins/knobs. Bambuti rainforest domes did not have these conical roofs, but savanna/desert round huts did. Synonyms: tittle/dribble (note connection to breast suckling)(also note: the next word in dict. is Nuba.) The benben may have been pronounced (be)nuben, since it relates to wbn/uben, possible link to Hebrew Ben.yamin and Semitic (ben/bin/ibn/bar=offspring of X.
(Malay: mother = ibu ~ igloo)

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
hari(Malay) day, daytime, probably related to Horus/hours of the day (sundial/sun deity/zodiac)

matahari(Malay) sun, "mata/eye of the hari/day"

mongolu(Mbuti) dome hut (night-time)

harigolu(Tamil?) bowl boat (day-time), also used as parasol, and by Mandan AmerIndians as a winter nightly smokehole cover over ground lodge.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
De.cyph.er = dis.cov.er = dis.kuphos/qupha(coracle/cup/ark/ship)/ ... disciple?

12 disc.ply/folds zwolf(G) 12 zodiac

nipple/tipi/steeple/stepl(adder)/step/deep/di.agon.al

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
decode: de-coat/de-cipher/di-scover(Norse)/dis-cover(E)/disc-over(?)/flip cup-qufa-golu

(in/re)cline = (an)gle = m.ongolu(Mb) wrinkle/socket/zocatl(Aztec fire starter socket)
cote(Finn/Lapp: conetip/nipple/conch/coil/mongolu) ~ Conetl/coney/hare?
- - -

Incredible woven/folded shelters for nomads/emergencies:

http://www.abeerseikaly.com/weavinghome.php
- - -

Black Sea Deluge Diaspora

http://the-arc-ddeden.blogspot.com/2014/09/black-sea-flood-deluge-diaspora.html

(Based on Ryan & Pitmans 7,600 years ago Black Sea Noah's Flood Hypothesis)

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
embryo(Gk?/E)/enviro(E)/viro(L?:male)/virile(E) ~ birth(E)/bear-borne/embarazado(Sp:pregnant)
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
re. Catawba jug post: words http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009380;p=1#000003

" A nkisi is a container for these spirits, shown in the picture above right. A village’s nganga, the Kongo word for diviner, fills a nkisi up with magical materials, including white river clay, thus activating the object. The spirits come into the nkisi and become trapped inside. The nkisi can then be asked for help. [gap] Although we originally discarded the idea because it wasn’t a known word in the English language, a quick search turned up that Pofu is a town in the Congo.

Not only that, but pofu means blind in Swahili. If you look closely at the face jug’s eyes at the left, you’ll see that they are colored black. This is the only face jug I’ve seen with black eyes.

Following Swahili grammar structure, “Squire Pofu” translates to “the blind Squire”.

Could this have been a conjure jug to cause blindness? "

cf. African river blindness, parasite schistom.?
nkisi(Kongo:spirit container) jinn(Arb)/genie?
nganga(K:diviner)
pofu(Swahili:blind) ~ buta(Malay:blind)

Catawba ~ calabash/opo/bottle gourd/kelapa(M:coconut)

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Catawba/kelapa/calabash/opo/ova/ovum(ostrich egg)/ovular/ocular/mo.ngolu

telur(Malay:egg)
mata(M:eye)
matahari(M: eye of the day/yellow/Amarillo, Sun/Shamash/Utu/Surya...Iten(Akhten) Xyambu

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
hari: yellow-orange (tamil?Hindi?) vs kuning(M:yellow)/oren(M:orange from Portug? naranja)
amhari/afar.i/amarillo(Sp:yellow)/harimao(M:tiger cf Porche:macan), matahari M:eye.yellow/daytime=sun), harigolu(Karnataka:bowlboat=yellow-day-dome/bowl vs mongolu(Mb)=ngolu/gelap(M:dark)~tlapa(Azt:drape-lamp (cf cresset/p.un(k/gent/ji=buni/sphynx/phoenix/apa/ape/api~apahitl(M))//incense-infest-insect:pr.ankh.s-ntr=frankinsence)/nacht/night-dome/endu.mbo.ng.ualo/dumdum(Thai:black)
cap/cup/kippa(Heb:skullcap)/qufa(Arb:bowlboat/kuphos(Gk:cup/quaff)/teba(H:basket-b.arq)

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009014;p=1#000021
Ounjougou: 'w.uau.(nd/nt/mb).(ch/j).uau.(g/k).uau
Bandiagara: mb.ua.nd.(u/y)a.ng.ua.(la/rua)

Tellem = nd.ue.tl.l.ym = dalam(M:inside(rs))=endu.ra(Mb:interior)=enduerra(Latin:wear/to put on/enclothe/endome/entomb=e.nd.u.m(b)ongol(o/a)

Toloy = nd.ua.tl.u(a/ya/ra) dolor(Sp)/tolerate(E)/endure(L/E)/endura(Mb) ~ dendro/druid/dravid cf India:Narmada River 2 fossil pygmy skeletons near Bimbetke caves cf Bimbache lang. Canary isl.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
source

Camouflage (coat & eyes) in wild cats vs white sox

Cats domesticated in China 5,300 yrs ago

Cats were thought to have first been domesticated in ancient Egypt, where they were kept some 4,000 years ago, but more recent research suggests close relations with humans may have occurred much earlier, including the discovery of a wild cat buried with a human nearly 10,000 years ago in Cyprus.

While it often has been argued that cats were attracted to rodents and other food in early farming villages and domesticated themselves, there has been little evidence for this theory.

The evidence for this study is derived from research in China led by Yaowu Hu and colleagues at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Hu and his team analyzed eight bones from at least two cats excavated from the site.

Using radiocarbon dating and isotopic analyses of carbon and nitrogen traces in the bones of cats, dogs, deer and other wildlife unearthed near Quanhucan, the research team demonstrated how a breed of once-wild cats carved a niche for themselves in a society that thrived on the widespread cultivation of the grain millet.

Carbon isotopes indicate that rodents, domestic dogs and pigs from the ancient village were eating millet, but deer were not. Carbon and nitrogen isotopes show that cats were preying on animals that lived on farmed millet, probably rodents. At the same time, an ancient rodent burrow into a storage pit and the rodent-proof design of grain storage pots indicate that farmers had problems with rodents in the grain stores.

Other clues gleaned from the Quanhucun food web suggest the relationship between cats and humans had begun to grow closer. One of the cats was aged, showing that it survived well in the village. Another ate fewer animals and more millet than expected, suggesting that it scavenged human food or was fed.

addt'l. articles:
- - -

source

Rice Responsible for Asians' Alcohol Flush Reaction, Research Finds

Jan. 19, 2010 — The mutation responsible for the alcohol flush reaction, an unpleasant response to alcohol that is relatively common in people of Asian descent, may have occurred following the domestication of rice
- - -

source

Chinese Pigs 'Direct Descendants' of First Domesticated Breeds

Apr. 19, 2010 — Modern-day Chinese pigs are directly descended from ancient pigs which were the first to be domesticated in the region 10,000 years ago, a new archaeological and genetic study
- - -

source

Asian genes in European pigs result in more piglets

Pigs that are bred commercially in Europe are found to have a highly varied mosaic of different European and Asian gene variants. The Wageningen research has demonstrated that different parts of the genome of commercial pigs are much closer to Chinese pigs than to European wild boar. 'At first sight that seems surprising because pigs in Asia and Europe were domesticated independently from one another around ten thousand years ago and you would therefore expect there to be no traces of Asian DNA in European pigs'

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Foxes & Human ancestors (cf arctic fox, camouflage)

source

Red Foxes from Middle East to Americas 400,000 years

The previous view was distorted by the maternal picture because a single female line transferred from Asia to Alaska about 50,000 years ago.

The new genetic research further suggests that the first red foxes originated in the Middle East before beginning their journey of colonization across Eurasia to Siberia, across the Bering Strait and into North America, where they eventually founded the North American population.
- - -

source

Researchers have discovered a 2-million-year-old fossil fox at Malapa, South Africa, in the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site
- - -
source

"Aside from the 26 authors from 16 institutions involved in these publications, the team focusing its research efforts on Au. sediba and Malapa now numbers more than 100 researchers from around the world and represents one of the largest dedicated archaeological or palaeontological research programmes," says Prof. Loyiso Nongxa, Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the University of the Witwatersrand. Berger adds that the work undertaken to date, although only five years in the making (since the discovery of the site in mid-2008), represents some of the most extensive focused literature on a single early hominin species yet created.

Included in the recent discoveries from the site are a new species of fox, named by the team as Vulpes skinneri just three months ago, and the discovery of more than 300 early human ancestor remains, including parts of skeletons still encased in rock.

Berger concludes: "Discoveries such as Australopithecus sediba and the Malapa site demonstrate the need for further African based exploration in the rich fossil fields of southern Africa

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Article in Daily Mail about caveman speech, not as bad as I'd expected, Eurocentric (England)
- - -
source

How to talk like a stone-age man: How ancient ancestors spoke revealed

How to talk like a stone-age man: How ancient ancestors ...
Experts have uncovered several hundreds of basic sounds from the language first spoken in the Stone Age which archaeologists have dubbed proto-Indo-European, or IE.

Here’s how to talk like a stone-age man: say the word ‘pu’. Your mouth is pursed, your nose is narrowed. You are blowing out a breath, as if to dispel a bad smell.

In the Stone Age, the sound pu meant exactly what it means today.

This is how language began. The earliest words in English date back at least 8,000 years — and they describe themselves: we can work out what the words meant by the shapes our lips form when we say them.

‘Pe’, for instance, is different from pu. It starts with the lips together and separates them with a faint pop. Pe means open and the ancient sound is at the core of the modern word open. ‘Mei’ means smile and it makes you do exactly that — your mouth stretches wide, showing your teeth. Once again, the old sound is at the centre of today’s word: smile.

Our everyday words have evolved from this language spoken by our Stone Age ancestors. Simple, instinctive and easy to learn, it was born on the steppes of modern Russia and swept through Europe, Asia and India, changing and developing.

The Breath Of Life

One of the basic sounds of Stone Age language is ‘an’. It means to breathe, and it’s an imitation of the noise itself. Any creature, human or animal, that is alive must be breathing. ‘Man’ is a combination of two concepts as old as time. The ‘m’ sound, for me, myself, and the breathing ‘an’ sound. ‘Man’ is my own living-and-breathing self.

The word doesn’t change in Anglo-Saxon, Middle English, Icelandic, Dutch and Swedish, and it was barely different in the ancient Indian language of Sanskrit, where it was manu.

Bright Ideas

Neolithic farmers had many words for light. There was ‘bhal’, the blazing brilliance of the sun and ‘luh’, the luminous intensity of the full moon. And then there was ‘diw’, the bright daylight.

Ancient man worshipped the sun and so ‘diw’ is the beginning of deities, days and the divine. To the Romans, the chief god was the father (pater, in Latin) in the sky — diw-pater, or Jupiter.

In Latin, day is dies, and mal is bad. So if you’re having a bad day, that’s dismal. Someone who writes for a daily paper is a diurnalist — or journalist. When the sun rises, the daisies open — so-called because they’re the day’s eyes.

Our everyday words have evolved from this language spoken by our Stone Age ancestors

Our everyday words have evolved from this language spoken by our Stone Age ancestors

Tales of the Heart

Prehistoric man understood that the heart pumping is the drumbeat of life. ‘Krr’, the sound a taut rope makes when it is twanged, was his attempt to capture it in a word, and so ‘kard’ meant the heart.

That’s why, if you suffer a cardiac arrest, you need a cardiologist. It’s also why the middle of an apple is its core, and why generous, warm-hearted people are cordial. The other internal organs are the ‘karn’, giving us carnage, carnivore, carcass and carrion.

Carnal means fleshy. Carnival, the festival of flesh, was originally a meat-eating binge before the 40 days of fasting in Lent leading to Easter. And Easter signifies reincarnation — coming back in the flesh.

Dog Days

Stone Age nomads began to domesticate wolves several thousand years before the first farms, to guard against bears and to herd livestock.

‘Kuon’, meaning dog, evolved to give us canine, kennel, and also cynic — a word coined for a sect of ancient Greek philosophers, who believed life’s luxuries were a sham.

They earned their nickname because they had sex in the street, like dogs.

Of course, the first dogs had to be tamed, and the IE word for that is ‘dam’. That’s the origin of domestic, meaning fit for the home.

All animals were covered by the term ‘wos’. A horse was ak-wos, since ‘ak’ meant quick. The Romans spelled ak-wos as equus, so today a rider is an equestrian and anything to do with horses is equine.

Family Ties

Our ancestors’ language is the reason so many English words come in family groups. negative ones, for instance, have an ‘n’ at the front: no, never and nightmare.

The static ones begin with ‘sta’: stand, stall and stammer. The swollen ones start with ‘tu’: tubby, tulip and tumour. And the empty ones start with ‘va’: vacant, vacuum, vanity. And so on.

Eastern Promise

The word for dawn was ‘us’. The sound changed slightly to give us the direction from which the sun rises: the east.

The medieval English term for men who hailed from the East was Easterling and in the money markets of 13th-century London, the Easterlings controlled monopolies in wood, wheat, fur and flax.

They were the bankers of the time, and Easterling coin was the only money that mattered — we still call it sterling.

Plenty to Hide

A prehistoric chieftain showed his high status when he sat in his tent on a ‘pel’, or animal hide. Our word is pelt.

Early cups and bowls were also made from dried hide, so a basin in Latin is peluis. We pronounce it pelvis, the bowl-shaped bone that supports our own hide.

Pel also suggested an animal skin heaped with possessions or a bowl brimming over. By extension, ‘pel’ became many and dozens of words beginning ‘pl’ stem from this: plenty, plural, plus, plethora and plenitude, as well as surplus and replenish.

The Old Lags

When one of his herd was straggling, the Stone Age shepherd’s word was ‘lag’. Even now, to lag is to fall behind. In Old English, it was pronounced ‘laet’, meaning slow, sluggish or tardy. To be very ‘laet’ mean coming laetst, or — as we would say — last.

Leg also comes from lag, because a lame animal drags its leg. By the Middle Ages, to lag was thieves’ slang for stealing. That’s why in the classic sitcom Porridge, the habitual criminal Norman Stanley Fletcher was an old lag.

Experts have uncovered hundreds of basic sounds from the language archaeologists call proto-Indo-European

Mourning Glory

Prehistoric man took death seriously. We can decode some ancient funeral rituals from the old words and their modern meanings.

‘Mor’ is the IE root of mourn and also of moan. That implies that grieving was a noisy business.

The term for a violent death is murder and the word for regretting it is remorse.

For hundreds of years in England, mortal was the all-purpose intensifier, much as we use swearwords now. To be mortal cold was to be very flipping cold indeed.

In Victorian times, if you were so drunk you couldn’t stand, you were not just mortal drunk but mortallious.

Mamas and Papas

Mama means mother, and always has done: ‘ma’ sounds like the cry of a baby. Many words to do with birth contain this ‘ma’ sound. A baby is conceived in the marital bed (either before or after marriage) and grows under a maternity dress, inside the matrix — an old word for the womb. And all mammals suckle their young.

IE words have spread all over the world. From Mandarin to Arabic and Vietnamese to Welsh, the old word for father is based on the syllable ‘pa’.

To neolithic man, ‘pa’ meant to feed and protect. The father of the tribe became known as the patriarch. ‘Pa’ gives us power-words, such as patriotism and palace.

But the father’s role as a food provider also gives us many of our words for food, such as pasta, pastry and pâté — lots of things you might find in the pantry, in fact.

Blows and Flows

‘Bhleu’ gives us a real insight into the Stone Age mind. It describes the way that the wind blows and life flows. That’s why, when a flower opens, it blooms. Blood flows, too, and gives life.

Living Language

It’s been 250 years since scholars first guessed at the existence of a Stone Age language as the basis of English.

It was August Schleicher, a 19th-century German, who theorised that languages are living organisms that are born, bloom and die.

He even discovered the concept of evolution, years before Charles Darwin — but Schleicher applied it to words instead of animals.

So think before you speak. The words in your mouth are alive . . . and are as old as time.

Adapted from Written In Stone by Christopher Stevens, published by Virgin Books at £12.99 To order a copy (p&p free for a limited time) visit mailbookshop.co.uk

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=009125&p=1
Soliga Panaya kannikar/kanak thread

skin: piel(Sp) = peel/pelt/spiele(Ger:play out/expel?/exfoliate/foliage/polasti/arbor/forest), bolo(Afr:peel), bolo(Philip:machete to peel bark)

"Paniyas typically live in villages (padis) consisting of a small number of huts (pire or chala). Each hut settlement contains 5 to 15 families.[4]"

padi(Paniya:hamlet (Malay:kampong, English: company/compound)
padi(Malay:rice paddy, uncooked rice grain)
pire(Paniya:hut/camphyre=padipire?)/empire=umbul cf Japan 8th C para/phara/hara=belly
chala(Paniya:hut), cf colli(Aztec); shell/cell/ger(Mongol)/chum(Siber.), igloo(Esk.)/ngolu(Mbuti)/coil=coloa(Aztec)

"Paniya males wear a lengthy cloth wrapped around the waist, which is known as a mundu. A smaller mundu is also slung over the shoulders to cover the body."

mundu(Paniya: cf Hmong:chuq = Latin: enduere = to put on = endumongolu(Mbuti:endome = encoilothe) cf piel/bolo(Afr/Phlp:peel/spiele/play out/ply)

Kanikkar(Kanak?/nick/nacker=flesh) cf kanaka(Hawaii:people) "they derived the name Malayarayan from Hindu mythological Sage, Agasthya. They claim that once they were the rulers of the area comprising Trivandrum, Kollam, parts of Kanyakumari dist and claim that they were here even before the Dravidians, and claim to be the original people of the land."

Malayarayan? Malay.aryan? (Xya)Mbuatlaya?
Some resemblance to Malay/Philipino phenotype, perhaps also pygmy/Papuan/Negrito/Ust'Ishim 45ka
- - -
Possible: Na Dene ~ Ma Benga?

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
African

Ap'ha'ri'ca'na'an

pahar(Sumer:potter) mbonder/pon.dhara(Tam:earth)/bundler/PuaNtjr/paddl'r/panther

capricorn/apricot/paris/co.operat

apa(Mbuti: fire)
api(Malay: fire, apa+hit/heat = pahit/bitter burnt
ape(Ainu Japan: fire)

Tukha/Tochari/Utari/nDzHungary Basin Kucha/Khotan/Qushan/Cushite/euxine/Xuxtan
http://www.livescience.com/48878-ancient-silk-road-cemetery-discovered.html "In ancient China, Kucha was called Qiuci", Tarim Basin

ari(India, Zimbabwe: red-yellow ridgeback dog)
ariel(Hebrew: lion) tawny yellow?
arimao(Malay: tiger) orange?
hari(Malay: day(light/yellow))
Amhari(Amharic) name of tribe of people Ethiopia
Amarillo(Spanish: yellow)
amba(Nanai Siberia: tiger/fire) ~ amber?/lamp?
simba(Swahili: lion) cf Zulu mbube
singa(Malay: lion, root of Singapura/Singapore)

'Ambha(r/t/l)i(can/cot/corn)/*xyambuatl: sky/sun fire/aphyre/flare

canaan cane? canary/canid kena/*xyambuatl

- - -

(wiki: Lucania, Italy)

The only considerable stream on the western side is the Silarus (Sele), which constitutes the northern boundary, and has two important tributaries in the Calor (Calore Lucano or Calore Salernitano) and the Tanager (Tanagro or Negro) which joins it from the south.

Origin of the name[edit]

There are several hypotheses on the origin of the name Lucania, inhabited by Lucani, an Osco-Samnite population from central Italy. Lucania might be derived from Greek λευκός, leukos meaning "white", cognate of Latin lux ("light"). According to another hypothesis, Lucania might be derived from Latin word lucus meaning "sacred wood" (cognate of lucere), or from Greek λύκος, lykos meaning "wolf".

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
tanager R Italy
Ta Netjer? t.ntr
t'Niger? nd.ngr
Tana'gir? (not teenager)
- - -

Tooth ablation in Jomon Japan resembles Rift

https://heritageofjapan.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/ritual-tooth-ablation-why-did-prehistoric-peoples-pull-out-perfectly-good-teeth/

- - -

Male expansion in Europe, Africa

Modeling the contrasting Neolithic male lineage expansions in Europe and Africa

Michael J Sikora1, Vincenza Colonna12, Yali Xue1 and Chris Tyler-Smith1*

Results
The best-fitting models in Africa and Europe are very different. In Africa, the expansion took about 12 thousand years, ending very recently; it started from approximately 40 men and numbers expanded approximately 50-fold. In Europe, the expansion was much more rapid, taking only a few generations and occurring as soon as the major R1b lineage entered Europe; it started from just one to three men, whose numbers expanded more than a thousandfold.

Conclusions

Although highly simplified, the demographic model we have used captures key elements of the differences between the male Neolithic expansions in Africa and Europe, and is consistent with archaeological findings.

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006699;p=1#000017

The words for lion/dog/tiger etc. derived from dawn=tawny=auriel/oriole yellow/orange/reddish

terror = yellow(bellied) = oro(Sp) = utu(Sum)

"As Horemakhet (Harmakhet, Harmachis) or "Horus in the horizon", he represented the dawn" the lioness,

horizon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com