EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Nearly three-quarters of African immigrants reported their race as "Black."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nearly three-quarters of African immigrants reported their race as "Black."
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tropicals redacted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly three-quarters of African immigrants reported their race as "Black."

In 2009, 74.4 percent of the African-born population reported their race as Black, either alone or in combination with another race. African immigrants identified as Black at a much higher rate than the native born (14.0 percent) and the foreign born overall (8.6 percent),and accounted for 33.3 percent of all foreign-born Blacks and 2.7 percent the total Black population in the United States.

Racial self-identification varied widely by African country of origin. For example, nearly all immigrants from Ghana (99.7 percent), Somalia(99.3 percent) , Cameroon (98.8 percent), Nigeria (98.7 percent), and Ethiopia (98.2 percent) reported their race as Black, either alone or
in combination with another race, compared to 4.6 percent of Algerians, 5.6 percent of Egyptians, 8.1 percent of Moroccans, 13.8 percent of South Africans, 56.7 percent of Tanzanians, and 65.7percent of Cape Verdeans ."

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/african-immigrants-united-states

Interesting that Horners self-identified as "Black" at higher rates than Cape Verdeans.

Posts: 805 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting news Tropical

Keeping the Smiles on Somalis is a Big ting

STOPPING THE MADNESS(DEMONS) FROM POSSESSING SOMALIS, that ALL MUSLIMS HAVE INSIDE THEM(Devils) CAUSE OF THE FALSE PROPHET MUHAMMAD !!!

THATS TRUTH..There's ONLY ONE WAY..Confess Yeshua Christ as Lord and Savior You shall Be Saved..

quote:

Romans 10:9

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Keep Fighting For the Rest of The Somalis Crews Fam.. Happiness...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Interesting that Horners self-identified as "Black" at higher rates than Cape Verdeans.'

Why is that interesting ?? Thats to be expected.

Cape Verdeans are mulattoes.

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:
'Interesting that Horners self-identified as "Black" at higher rates than Cape Verdeans.'

Why is that interesting ?? Thats to be expected.

Cape Verdeans are mulattoes.

The keyword is "self-identified". Not being identified by "some outsiders".
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there some reason why Horners would self identify other than what they are ??

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:
Is there some reason why Horners would self identify other than what they are ??

Throughout the years I have never heard of any. Those claims come from white folks (online), none else. Also the crazy caucau claims are being dismissed.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tropicals redacted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Believe it or not there are people, even on this forum, who have contested whether the term 'black' is applicable to Horners.

quote:
Throughout the years I have never heard of any. Those claims come from white folks (online), none else. Also the crazy caucau claims are being dismissed.
I know of a black ES member who said that many people would not call elongated Africans black...even when this person had previously invoked Ethiopians as a black population akin to ancient Egyptians.
Posts: 805 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Interesting that Horners self-identified as "Black" at higher rates than Cape Verdeans.
Obviously when they do abroad to Europe or North America, resident whites see them as black. What else? And they are not as lightly coloured as some Cape Verdians. I have seen many in Dakar. Cape Verdians--the yellow-coloured ones--tend to be very colour-conscious.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tropicals redacted:
[QB] Nearly three-quarters of African immigrants reported their race as "Black."

In 2009, 74.4 percent of the African-born population reported their race as Black, either alone or in combination with another race.

So the people weren't aked if their skin was white, brown or black.

They were aksed what their race was and they answered

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
How idiotic,even for you.
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
@lamin
Interesting that Cape Verdeans would be seen as black in North America, but according to the flip flopping inadequate Sidney Anson, many people don't regard elongated Africans as such.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
[QB] Nearly three-quarters of African immigrants reported their race as "Black."

In 2009, 74.4 percent of the African-born population reported their race as Black, either alone or in combination with another race.

They were asked what their race was and they answered

quote:
How idiotic,even for you.

I notice when people are cornered with no way out of they resort to "that's idiotic" or " you're dumb"

The situation is clear here. People were asked what their race was and they answered.

They were not asked of what social contruct they belonged to.
They were not asked what color they were.

"Race doesn't exist, by the way what race are you? "

^^^ this here is what would be stupid.

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
No. You said my posting of the census meant I endorsed race.I describe myself as 'black' but it does not mean I believe in biological concepts of race.

How idiotic, even for you.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
No. You said my posting of the census meant I endorsed race.I describe myself as 'black' but it does not mean I believe in biological concepts of race.

So you your color is black but there is no black race

Yet when people claim they are part of the black race which you say is a falsehood, you don't say that, you merely post the endorsement of race

are you serious ??

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

They were aksed what their race was and they answered

You seem frustrated about this, why?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Yet when people claim they are part of the black race which you say is a falsehood, you don't say that, you merely post the endorsement of race

are you serious ??

As a matter of fact, no person's color is black, but brown in the range of light and dark complexions. And race doesn't exist, remember?

Btw, it's funny as well, since you have described yourself as black. lol at your trolling.

tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Lioness are you thick or just trolling?

quote:

I told you there are no races, only populations/social races, which relate to geographic ancestral origins, such social races having had applied racial descriptors.

quote:

are you serious ??

Are you serious? The replies are statements of where they see themselves sociologically in response to a census, and has particular reference due to the ridiculous supposed 'ambiguity' raised over the categorization of Horn of Africa populations, both here and elsewhere.

But only Lioness would question why most Africans would regard themselves as 'black' in an American context.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com