EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What does Donald Trump know that they won't tell us? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What does Donald Trump know that they won't tell us?
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

Sadly meaning that most here: are as clueless and ignorant of REAL HISTORY, REAL LIFE, and REAL BLACK COMMUNITY/SOCIETY, as the young ghetto nigger making the Rap.

Damn, that's so sad.

Lessons in life Negroes:

You don't ask a poor man how to get rich.

You don't ask a ghetto dweller about what makes a healthy society.

AND YOU CERTAINLY DON'T LISTEN TO A GHETTO NEGRO TALK ABOUT INHERITANCE!

(The analogy is the African one of an Ant on an Elephants Ass, trying to describe the Elephant).

etc. etc. etc.

Are you talking about Jason Black the dude in the video? I think you might need to do some research on him if you are.
Posts: 1257 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Italians get their weight up with crime and you have untouchables. African Americans try the same and you have the prison industrial system.

Some points have been made that illustrate why I'm in favor of reparations but only after ten years of repairing the family, connecting with Africa and launching businesses. If reparations were given now it would be a waste. If the money doesn't flip many times over it's just a waste.

Posts: 1257 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:
Females getting "educated"

More like "indoctrinated".

More and more know that as well and are bowing out.

Surely you jest!

Clearly there is a segment of the Black population that is in deep space: they know neither Whites nor Blacks.

Instead of Black studies being about slavery, it seems clear that it should be about Black societies, past and present - here and abroad.

It's amazing, but I think that young ghetto Rapper thinks that all Blacks live in ghetto's.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
One of the main reasons black women enroll in college so heavily is because of welfare reform.

I mean this as no insult because most sistas are intellectually curious as all hell but it's the truth.

To keep the check in some states you have to look for work or go to school. It's based on your earning potential of which black women have among the least in society maybe slightly better than native women. Thus they are sent to school whereby they typically learn advanced service jobs fit to make 15-33hr which does not pass down much for their kids or address the broken family. Most of the time she is single still living check to check and still producing fatherless kids. White men are next to last. That should tell you wealth is not in the classroom it's in the boardroom.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
Thus they are sent to school whereby they typically learn advanced service jobs fit to make 15-33hr which does not pass down much for their kids.

What the fuch????

This is the third or forth time you have mentioned inheritance!

So let me get this straight:

People who survived Slavery, oppression, and every type of brutality: with each generation building and building, advancing and advancing:

Are failures because they don't leave an inheritance for their children?

Nah - that's not it:

They are failures because they produced such fuching stupid lazy-assed children, too worthless to get an education, or even go out and get a minimum wage job!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Are failures because they don't leave an inheritance for their children?"

Yes. In most high functioning cultures, this is exactly how it works.

not that there aren't extenuating circumstances and all - but yeah - the end result can be called 'failure'.... economically at least - and after physical survival, economics is if not every thing in modern society - pretty damn close to it.

and the same term will apply to the children if they are not able to pass on anything concrete to their progeny.

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"One of the main reasons black women enroll in college so heavily is because of welfare reform.

I mean this as no insult because most sistas are intellectually curious as all hell but it's the truth.
"

nonsense.

Most people go to college for the same reason - get credentials that they are told will lead them to acquiring proper paying jobs and a career. Most people are not intellectually curious. Black women included - women especially - regardless of race.

The days when women could stay home and raise the kids even if she wanted to (as if that ever really applied to Blacks - Black women have always worked by and large) is long gone.

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
It's only 10 minutes Mike but it's heavy content. Basically a rant against the civil rights generation and the African American pathology of fighting for equality in a world where everyone else fights for dominance.

BACKGROUND:

On Monday evening, California's secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump's slate includes William Johnson, one of the country's most prominent white nationalists. [Update: Responding to this story late Tuesday, the Trump campaign blamed Johnson's selection on a "database error," and Johnson told Mother Jones he would resign.

Johnson: “The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called ‘racist,’ says William Johnson, the leader of the white nationalist American Freedom Party. He goes on to bemoan “gradual genocide against the white race,” and how few “schools anymore have beautiful white children as the majority.” He signs off by telling recipients, “Don’t vote for a Cuban. Vote for Donald Trump.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

See there - everyone knows (even White nationalists like Doxie), that in order to dominate, you need a majority (or better weapons).

Everyone that is, except ghetto youth.

They just don't seem to understand much of anything: yet they demand to be heard. Somebody really needs to talk to those children.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is some very interesting background on some of these White Nationalists.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/donald-trump-white-nationalist-afp-delegate-california

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
What the fuch????

This is the third or forth time you have mentioned inheritance!

So let me get this straight:

People who survived Slavery, oppression, and every type of brutality: with each generation building and building, advancing and advancing:

Are failures because they don't leave an inheritance for their children?

Nah - that's not it:

They are failures because they produced such fuching stupid lazy-assed children, too worthless to get an education, or even go out and get a minimum wage job!

If the only thing tangible a parent leaves their kids is a finger point towards other people's businesses where they can work and a pep talk its the parent that is lazy. Anyone can do that.
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
"One of the main reasons black women enroll in college so heavily is because of welfare reform.

"

nonsense.

Most people go to college for the same reason - get credentials that they are told will lead them to acquiring proper paying jobs and a career. Most people are not intellectually curious. Black women included - women especially - regardless of race.

The days when women could stay home and raise the kids even if she wanted to (as if that ever really applied to Blacks - Black women have always worked by and large) is long gone.

Those old service jobs of the two parent family are gone or replaced with jobs that require some training. Like a cycle the broken African American family put more women on welfare. The Clinton reforms funneled more women into the choice of work or school. The choice was means tested whereby those with the less earning potential qualified for school. Next to native American women black women are the poorest people in America so the choice was more likely to be school.

Clinton reform caused the shift with other single women in comparison to men.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
If the only thing tangible a parent leaves their kids is a finger point towards other people's businesses where they can work and a pep talk its the parent that is lazy. Anyone can do that.

You must be awfully young and have awfully understanding and accommodating parents.

If you said sh1t like that to me, your next words would be from the other side of the front door.

I guarantee you wouldn't be talking that sh1t for long. Survival would be your goal.

Then in twenty years I would look to see what you had to leave YOUR children.

Likely nothing.

Fools generally don't make much.

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
'If you said sh1t like that to me, your next words would be from the other side of the front door. '

But you see Mike, that attitude is part of the problem. The bottom line is that his point is a fair one.

Perhaps Blacks are not as focused as they need to be on building and passing legacies. An argument can be made that Blacks under current conditions should be more focused on that than anyone else.

I too am shocked at the numbers of ab
Black parents whose only plan for their children is that they 'go to school and get a good job'. The life plan they have for their children whether they acxept it or not is to work for albinos.

Now, that plan may be feasible if the child is female, but setting up a male negro child to have to spend his life courting Albinos for a job and having to depend on the goodwill of Albinos to earn a living.....well, even u can admit Mike, that that is just plain dumb.

--------------------
Keldal

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^No, what is dumb is raising such stupid children!

Children who have no clue as to how real life works, but yet are so bold as to say how they think it SHOULD work. This failure is indeed on your parents.

To continue:

Producing children with no ability to analyze situations, and think forward is a genetic and parenting failure.

Producing children with no understanding of their own reality, is VERY troubling - on both accounts. I suspect long term drug use - parent and children - is having a profound effect.

See if you can follow this:

The average White kid has to go out and get a job, just like the Black kid. Only he will get a better job because of education, union connections, or just plain White privilege. This average White kids only inheritance comes from the family home after the parents die, same as Black kids.

Yet you obviously brain damaged Negro children think that YOUR parents should have done better than Whites, in a racist White country - for YOU.
In spite of the fact that they were at a disadvantage every step of the way!

Get off the dope and pull up your pants!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you can, try reading this.

The sources of wealth

Wealth, the value of what a family owns minus its debts, offers security and privilege that can last for generations. Here's where wealth comes from for black and white American families.

Black families
$31,118
White families
$126,064
image home
Wealth from home

For many families, wealth starts here, with the home they live in.

Home equity — its worth minus home loans — can play an outsized role in the wealth of African Americans because they tend to have fewer other assets.

The above is at the bottom of the page.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2015/02/18/the-racial-wealth-gap-we-hardly-talk-about-what-happens-in-retirement/

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You must be awfully young and have awfully understanding and accommodating parents.

If you said sh1t like that to me, your next words would be from the other side of the front door.

I guarantee you wouldn't be talking that sh1t for long. Survival would be your goal.

Then in twenty years I would look to see what you had to leave YOUR children.

Likely nothing.

Fools generally don't make much.

I'm 40 and I didn't hold my parents to higher standards. They gave me little so I had to survive and survive I did. My oldest son is 12. I have survived they have ate well but if I were to die I would leave him and his brothers less than my father might leave me and their mama would leave them with nothing at all. I realized recently that this is insanely regressive. I don't wan't my kids to survive I want them to dominate. I want them to garner power, wealth and influence in abundance. Now I'm busting my ass to leave my kids as much tangible tools to do that as I can. I think all black parents should attempt to do the same or they should be honest. Tell them that they failed as soon as they can. Don't wait until the kid is grown. My problem is the black parents who don't even have that goal. They have been so perverted they think leaving tangible assets makes their kids lazy.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^I think you have misinterpreted many things.
The only people (regardless of the stupid things they might say) who don't want to leave much to their children, are the intelligent super rich. They understand that great wealth guarantees their offspring will soon be totally useless, and incapable of surviving in the world without the money - your life would kill them by suicide in short time.

In the real world, People who try to dominate are soon disposed of. True Power is not welded like that.

Buying a house you can afford, and educating your children, is EVERYBODY'S formula for advancement.

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
^I think you have misinterpreted many things.
The only people (regardless of the stupid things they might say) who don't want to leave much to their children, are the intelligent super rich. They understand that great wealth guarantees their offspring will soon be totally useless, and incapable of surviving in the world without the money - your life would kill them by suicide in short time.

In the real world, People who try to dominate are soon disposed of. True Power is not welded like that.

Buying a house you can afford, and educating your children, is EVERYBODY'S formula for advancement.

Great wealth insures that your offspring will have great wealth. Everything else is based on other factors. We are too far in the hole to advance through education and home ownership we need businesses. A home beats nothing but progress is passing down the ability to generate wealth otherwise a home is property tax or an asset to be sold in absence of wealth.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats dog poo forty2tribe doing inside this thread???

edit: Wheres My Post That was directed to him earlier

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
'My problem is the black parents who don't even have that goal. They have been so perverted they think leaving tangible assets makes their kids lazy.'

Its not even that. Some of the parents are so self loathing and low self esteem that they dont want leave their children anything. Many intend for their children have nothing.

"Aint no body give me anything when I was coming up"

"You aint gonna wait until I die so u can party with my money"

I have discussed the issue with many many many older Blacks and I am consistently appalled by their outlook and mentality. Regressive is not even the word.

It's no wonder why many of the younger ones have little respect for them.

'Great wealth insures that your offspring will have great wealth. '

Yes, and the first step in doing this is believing in the idea that accumulating wealth and passing it on is important. - for certain ethnic groups it is the raison d'etre of existence.

I can safely say that for Blacks this is not the case. The type of Christianity they believe in exalts poverty, faiilure, and ignorance as if they are some kind of virtues. You add that to their self-loathing behavior and you have a recipe for disaster when viewed from a generational perspective.

--------------------
Keldal

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
"Aint no body give me anything when I was coming up"

"You aint gonna wait until I die so u can party with my money"

I have discussed the issue with many many many older Blacks and I am consistently appalled by their outlook and mentality. Regressive is not even the word.

I have never hidden the fact that I have a very low opinion of the people of the southern United States. What may not be clear is that my low opinion includes Negroes as well.

They all seem to have developed warped mores and social realities. Take for instance the survivors of the Church massacre issuing statements of forgiveness for that murderous Albino boy, even before he is brought to trial - normal people would never even think to do something like that. (They would wait until the boy was executed - THEN forgive him).

After Marvin Gaye was murdered by his father (from Washington D.C.), I was amazed by how many southern people said words to the effect: "He brought him into the world, and he took him out (of the world)".

My point kdolo, is that you must be talking only to southern Negroes. Normal Black people don't think or talk like that.

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
'My point kdolo, is that you must be talking only to southern Negroes. Normal Black people don't think or talk like that.'

Negroes: Southern, Northern, West Indian.

regressive thinking appears to be the norm. Look at the Black reality Mike.

it can only be the product of regressive Black thinking and Albino machinations working in concert.

--------------------
Keldal

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^I do not know, nor have I ever known, Black people of a character as described by you and 42tribes. As I commented earlier, ghetto Blacks tend to think that they are representative of the Black community. Albino media finds it serves their purpose to confirm that bogus concept.

The Black community, for reasons that must certainly have to do with unity: (in their minds): chooses not to challenge the narrative of Albino media and Ghetto dwelling Negroes. But as for reality - I would suggest that you associate with a better class of Black people.

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
'I would suggest that you associate with a better class of Black people.'

I am not sure this is a class issue. It is an issue I see with all classes of Blacks. Many of the so called upper class ones are most guitly.

It may be deeply cultural or genetic/ epigentic.

--------------------
Keldal

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
'I would suggest that you associate with a better class of Black people.'

I am not sure this is a class issue. It is an issue I see with all classes of Blacks. Many of the so called upper class ones are most guitly.

It may be deeply cultural or genetic/ epigentic.

I am beginning to think that you are not entirely serious. Either that, or you are delusional.
What you are saying is pure rubbish, as relates to normal Black people.

I can say no more than that, because of the quiet from the gallery. Not that I think that the ES gallery is in any way typical of Black people - especially now, when KINGS rants is what fills the page.

But still, I find it strange that even this lacking crew, could find nothing to say. Proof that there is quite a variety, not necessarily to the better, among Blacks. Thus as I say, if you want better Black, associate with better Black.

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^No, what is dumb is raising such stupid children!

Children who have no clue as to how real life works, but yet are so bold as to say how they think it SHOULD work. This failure is indeed on your parents.

To continue:

Producing children with no ability to analyze situations, and think forward is a genetic and parenting failure.

Producing children with no understanding of their own reality, is VERY troubling - on both accounts. I suspect long term drug use - parent and children - is having a profound effect.

See if you can follow this:

The average White kid has to go out and get a job, just like the Black kid. Only he will get a better job because of education, union connections, or just plain White privilege. This average White kids only inheritance comes from the family home after the parents die, same as Black kids.

Yet you obviously brain damaged Negro children think that YOUR parents should have done better than Whites, in a racist White country - for YOU.
In spite of the fact that they were at a disadvantage every step of the way!

Get off the dope and pull up your pants!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you can, try reading this.

The sources of wealth

Wealth, the value of what a family owns minus its debts, offers security and privilege that can last for generations. Here's where wealth comes from for black and white American families.

Black families
$31,118
White families
$126,064
image home
Wealth from home

Home equity — its worth minus home loans — can play an outsized role in the wealth of African Americans because they tend to have fewer other assets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2015/02/18/the-racial-wealth-gap-we-hardly-talk-about-what-happens-in-retirement/

The socioeconomic impact of this difference is horrible.
Posts: 22249 | From: Omni | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Back to Saggy Pants - it bugs me.

I'm still trying to put my finger on it.

Ya, I know, it started out as a glorification of the Convict by ghetto children.
Nothing new there, in my time it was glorification of the PIMP by ghetto children! They even made movies about those Pimps: but aside from liking the fly cloths, it went no further.

-

BUT THIS DID!

Ghetto kids finally found a way to make money!

-

Super Fly is a 1972 blaxploitation crime drama film directed by Gordon Parks, Jr., starring Ron O'Neal as Youngblood Priest, an African American cocaine dealer who is trying to quit the underworld drug business.

This film is probably best known for its soundtrack, written and produced by soul musician Curtis Mayfield. Super Fly is one of the few films ever to have been out-grossed by its soundtrack.

Right. But the biggest issue with this is that prior to the 70s blacks couldn't get leading roles in major movies and certainly were not depicted as gangsters and thugs. Prior to that all the gang bangers, thugs and criminals where white: James Cagney, Marlon Brando, James Dean and so forth. Blacks were few and far between. Yet all of a sudden in the 70s after the civil rights movement all you see are black thugs all over the place, not even reflecting what was going on in real life with the civil rights movement.

But quiet as its kept a lot of black folks have always been happy with their place on the bottom of white society. And that was true during Jim Crow and it is true now.

And the bigger point that people fail to make is that America and White Supremacy is a crime gang. It always has been. You can't expect the criminals who raped and robbed most of the planet to let you get to the top using the same tactics. Criminals who run the system are not going to put themselves in jail, especially when all their wealth and power comes from committing crimes against humanity on every part of the planet. Only a retard would think they could outdo these people at their own game, yet black folks swear they are kingpins of the ghetto.... what a contradiction in terms. That is like saying king roach on top of the garbage heap.

quote:

In those early years of Hollywood, however, bad boys appeared only as characters on-screen. The studios did their best to ensure that the private lives and peccadilloes of its stars stayed within boundaries—they were smoothed over or covered up. Mickey Rooney, for example, playing Andy Hardy in 16 films, became America’s ultimate good boy, cute as a bug’s ear and a real Energizer Bunny. What his fan club did not know was that adorable Mickey Rooney was energetically bedding MGM’s beauties, not to mention the local working girls. The franchise would have been lost if viewers had seen Andy Hardy as an under-age Casanova. So it was a constant cat-and-mouse game with the tabloids and with those two gatekeepers of industry gossip, the syndicated columnists Louella Parsons and Hedda Hopper.

Lo the 1950s, a decade that continues to be decried as uptight and lockstep when in truth it saw a blossoming in literature, theater, and art that was majestic. The decade’s first stirrings actually began a few years earlier, as is often the case with decades. In 1947, on Broadway, a human A-bomb named Marlon Brando was changing the paradigm with his blazingly unbuttoned and exploratory performance as Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire. Yes, the 50s would be the era of gray flannel—a metaphor struck by Sloan Wilson’s best-seller of 1955, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit—but in September of 1951, when the film of Streetcar, with Brando, was released in movie theaters across the country, it also became the decade of the white T-shirt. An undershirt! (Two months later, in November of 1951, the choreographic genius George Balanchine re-costumed his masterpiece The Four Temperaments, putting the classical men of the New York City Ballet in black tights and distinctly modernist white T-shirts.) With the film The Wild One following in 1953, Brando “branded” that undershirt: it was anti-gray flannel, it was my-way-or-the-highway, it was T for testosterone, it was id. In 1955, a newcomer named James Dean starred in Rebel Without a Cause, his white T-shirt suggesting the idealism that lurked beneath his angry red jacket.
ADVERTISEMENT

And in 1957, as if to crown the moment, the street gangs in the groundbreaking Jerome Robbins-Leonard Bernstein musical, West Side Story, wore their T-shirts like heraldic shields. Speaking for fallen angels everywhere, the Jets sang, “We ain’t no delinquents, / We’re misunderstood. / Deep down inside us there is good!” Bad boys were leaping into the culture, and in Hollywood they were no longer censored by the studio system, because the studio system was unraveling. Both Brando and Dean were seen as rebels in real life, because both were pushing the boundaries on-screen and off, not playing nice with the press, and expressing opinions as unfiltered as the cigarettes tucked into the short sleeve of their T-shirt. Brando, known to be difficult to work with, would eventually express his opinion with his fist, breaking the jaw of the paparazzo Ron Galella. He also had a rather anti-Establishment approach to procreation, fathering 15 children both in and out of wedlock.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/03/bad-boys-hollywood-alec-baldwin

One of the biggest bad boys, Eroll Flynn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFcq61GGw8

Whites established whole pattern of crime and social racketeering long before black folks even had rights. (In the early days of comics detective and crime stories were very popular)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_comics

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ bad example the Shadow was a crime fighter
Posts: 43025 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid Doug, White Albino supremacy is not an "American phenomenon", it's a "global phenomenon" and the biggest supporters of "white supremacy", are actually the masses of populations of Asia and Latin America, and the Middle East......
Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
African American in Film, 1959-19769
(- blaxploitation)

Odds Against Tomorrow (1959)
Directed by Robert Wise. Cast: Harry Belafonte, Robert Ryan, Shelley Winters, Ed Begley, Gloria Grahame. One hundred and fifty thousand dollars, ready for the taking. It's too much to resist for Earl Slater, a bigoted ex-con slumming through life with a patronizing girlfriend and zero expectations. He agrees to be part of a bank job planned by former cop Burke. Until, that is, he finds out one of his partners will be a black man. Earl's desperate need for cash, however, leads him to reconsider. For this job only, he'll put his racism aside ... until moments away from the score, hatred erupts. In this film to obtain the edgy look desired by the director a rare filming technique was used: infrared photography. DVD 2229
Credits and other information from the Internet Movie Database

Shadows (1959)
Directed by John Cassavetes. John Cassavetes' first film, tells a gripping story of racism set against a New York background in the 1950's. Lelia, a light-skinned black woman living in New York with her two brothers, has an affair with a white man. The relationship soon sours when he meets one of her brothers and discovers she is really black. 87 min. DVD 421

Carney, Raymond. American Dreaming: The Films of John Cassavetes and the American Experience / Raymond Carney. Berkeley : University of California Press, c1985. (UCB Main PN1998.A3 C3333 1985; UCB Moffitt PN1998.A3 C3333 1985)
Carney, Raymond. The Films of John Cassavetes: Pragmatism, Modernism, and the Movies / Ray Carney. Cambridge [England]; New York, NY, USA: Cambridge University Press, 1994. Series title: Cambridge film classics. (UCB Main PN1998.3.C384 C37 1994; UCB Moffitt PN1998.3.C384 C37 1994)
Selected Program Notes for the Beat Screening List (Excerpts) by Ray Carney.
1960 - 1969

I Passed for White (1960)
Directed by Fred M. Wilcox. Cast: Sonya Wilde, James Franciscus, Pat Michon, Isabel Cooley. A beautiful young woman meets and marries the man of her dreams--only she has not told him that she is half-black, and he and his rich family and friends are white. She soon discovers that happiness cannot be founded on a lie. Based on the novel by Mary Hastings Bradley. 92 min. DVD X2456

Sergeant Rutledge (1960)
Directed by John Ford. Cast: Jeffrey Hunter, Woody Strode, Billie Burke, Constance Towers, Juano Hernandez, Willis Bouchey. An African-American "buffalo soldier" is accused of rape and murder, but is successfully defended by a white officer during his trial in 1881. Lt. Cantrell defends him as witnesses give testimony relived in flashbacks, revealing the sergeant's gallantry and eventually the shocking truth behind the alleged crimes. 112 min. DVD 5659; vhs 999:2700

The Young One (aka White Trash) (Mexico, 1960)
Directed by Luis Bunuel. Set in the American South on a remote coastal island, a black man fleeing a lynch mob meets a racist sheriff and a recently orphaned 13 year old white girl. Upon release in 1960, this film shocked American audiences with its depiction of a strong, sarcastic black man, capable of holding his own against racism. Inspired by Peter Matthiessen's story "Travelin' Man." Performers: Zachary Scott, Bernie Hamilton, Kay Meersman, Graham Denton, Claudio Brook. 95 min. 999:1369

Conrad, Randall. "No Blacks or Whites: The Making of Luis Bunuel's 'The Young One'." Cineaste v20, n3 (Summer, 1993):28 (7 pages).

This Rebel Breed (1960)
Directed by Richard L. Bare. Cast: Rita Moreno, Mark Damon, Gerald Mohr, Jay Novello, Eugenio Martin. Black, Anglo and Hispanic high-school gangs duke it out in this story about two undercover cops who infiltrate the gangs to stop narcotics trafficking. The undercover cop Frank is of mixed black American and Mexican parentage, which means no gang is going to easily accept him while his partner Don is an Anglo cop. When Lola's boyfriend is killed in a gang fight she starts to fall for Frank. DVD includs Black rebels: Five years after "This Rebel Breed" was released, producer William Rowland added some incongruous inserts filled with nudity and re-released the film under the titles Black Rebels, Lola's Mistake, and Three Shades of Love. 90 min. (This Rebel Breed); 94 min. (Black Rebels) DVD X3088; vhs 999:3051

A Raisin in the Sun (1961)

Directed by Daniel Petrie. Performers: Sidney Poitier, Claudia McNeil, Ruby Dee. 1961 film based on the award-winning play about a struggling black family living on Chicago's South Side and the impact of an unexpected insurance bequest. Each family member sees the bequest as the means of realizing dreams and of escape from grinding frustrations. Based on the play: A raisin in the sun by Lorraine Hansberry. 128 min. DVD 9203; vhs Video 999:955
Awards & Honors
National Film Registry Selection

Ingle, Zachary. "White Fear" and the Studio System: A Re-evaluation of Hansberry's Original Screenplay of "A Raisin in the Sun." Literature Film Quarterly, 2009, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p184-193, 10p UC users only
Rosenbaum, Julia B. "Reracializing the Ordinary American Family: Raisin in the Sun." In: Visions of belonging : New England art and the making of American identity / Julia B. Rosenbaum. Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2006. (Full text available online [UCB users only]; Print: Main (Gardner) Stacks; PFA E169 .S655 2004)

1989 version of Raisin in the Sun

To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
Directed by Robert Mulligan. Cast: Gregory Peck, Brock Peters, Mary Badham. A small-town Southern lawyer loses friends and social position when he defends a black man unjustly accused of rape, but gains the esteem of his motherless children. 116 min. DVD 2934; vhs 999:89
Awards & Honors

Foote, Horton. The screenplay of To kill a mockingbird. New York, Harcourt, Brace & World [1964] (Main (Gardner) Stacks PS3511.O344 T6 1964)

Pressure Point (1962)
Directed by Hubert Cornfield. Cast: Sidney Poitier, Bobby Darin, Peter Falk, Carl Benton Reid. An African American psychiatrist is charged with treating a hate filled young man who's been jailed for sedition. As he probes the patient's nightmares, the psychiatrist realizes his twisted vision masks a lust for violence. But the inmate has become a model prisoner, and unless the doctor can convince officials that he's daugerous, he'll soon be back on the street. 89 min. DVD 4827

David Marriott. "The Love of Neither-Either: Racial Integration in Pressure Point." Qui Parle, Vol. 13, No. 2 (Spring/Summer 2003), pp. 63-90 UC users only
Slane, Andrea. "Pressure points: political psychology, screen adaptation, and the management of racism in the case-history genre." Camera Obscura; no. 45 (2001): 71-113, 43 p UC users only

Lilies of the Field (1963)
Directed by Ralph Nelson. Cast: Sidney Poitier, Lilia Skala, Stanley Adams. A free-spirited ex-G.I. stumbles upon five German refugee nuns in Arizona and stops to fix their farmhouse roof. Homer discovers that not only will the Mother Superior not pay him for the job, but she also expects him to build their chapel -- for free! Sidney Poitier won the Academy Award for Best Actor for this film, the first such award given to an African American actor. 95 min. DVD 4564
Awards
Academy Award - Best Actor (Sidney Poitier)
Golden Globes, USA - Best Motion Picture Actor - Drama Sidney Poitier; Best Film Promoting International Understanding

Kelley, Samuel L. The evolution of character portrayals in the films of Sidney Poitier, 1950-1978 (NEWS: MICROFICHE.6030.Unit 98)
Keyser, Lester J. The cinema of Sidney Poitier : the black man's changing role on the American screen. San Diego, [Calif. : A. S. Barnes, c1980 (MAIN: PN2287.P57 .K4)
Marill, Alvin H. The films of Sidney Poitier Secaucus, N.J. : Citadel Press, c1978. (MAIN: PN2287 .P57M3)

Purlie Victorious (1963)
Directed by Nicholas Webster. Cast: Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Sorrell Booke, Godfrey Cambridge, Alan Alda, Hilda Haynes. In this film version of a successful stage play, a black preacher returns home to rural Georgia to claim an inheritance and bring down the ruthless plantation owner that he once served. He finds a surprise ally in the plantation owner's son. Religious hypocrisy, racial bigotry, civil rights issues and the changing Southern society backed by forced integraton are subjects in this film (1963) that coincided with the turbulent social issues of the time. 99 min. DVD 5095

Black Like Me (1964)
Directed by Carl Lerner. Cast: James Whitmore, Will Geer, Roscoe Lee Browne. A dramatization of the true story of a white writer in the early 1960's who chemically changed the color of his skin in order to experience life as a black man in the South. Based on the book by John Howard Griffin (Moffitt E185.61.G8; Main Stack E185.61.G75). 107 min. vhs 999:2729

Dreisinger, Baz "Dy(e)ing to be black: "Mars Jeems's nightmare," Black like me, and Watermelon man." In: Near Black : White-to-Black passing in American culture / Baz Dreisinger. Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press, c2008. (Main (Gardner) Stacks E184.A1 D73 2008)

Nothin' But a Man (1964)
Directed by Michael Roemer. Cast: Ivan Dixon, Abbey Lincoln, Julius Harris, Gloria Foster. Set against the stirrings of the civil rights movement and a rising wave of burgeoning Black pride. This tells the story of Duff, a railroad section hand who is forced to confront racial prejudice and self-denial when he falls in love with Josie, an educated preacher's daughter. An uplifting story about a man and a woman whose love overcomes racial and class barriers. Special DVD features: Cast and crew 40 years later; short film: "Portrait of Abbey"; extensive liner notes with original stills from the film; cast and crew biographies. 92 min. DVD X1484; vhs 999:1080
Awards & Honors

I Spy (1965-1968)
The first television series to feature a white and a black protagonist working as colleagues and equals. Starring Robert Culp and Bill Cosby. For holdings SEE TV videography
A Patch of Blue (1965)
Directed by Guy Green. Cast: Sidney Poitier, Shelley Winters, Elizabeth Hartman, Wallace Ford. Accidentally blinded as a child, 18-year-old Selina D'Arcey falls in love with a gentle and charming man, Gordon Ralfe, whom she meets in a rare visit to a park. Her racist mother declares that because Gordon is black, their relationship cannot continue, forcing Selina to choose between her family and her heart. Based on "Be ready with bells and drums" by Elizabeth Kata. 105 min. DVD 4535
Awards
Academy Award - Best Supporting Actress (Shelley Winters)
Golden Globes - Most Promising Newcomer - Female (Elizabeth Hartman)

Kelley, Samuel L. The evolution of character portrayals in the films of Sidney Poitier, 1950-1978 (NEWS: MICROFICHE.6030.Unit 98)
Keyser, Lester J. The cinema of Sidney Poitier : the black man's changing role on the American screen. San Diego, [Calif. : A. S. Barnes, c1980 (MAIN: PN2287.P57 .K4)
Marill, Alvin H. The films of Sidney PoitierSecaucus, N.J. : Citadel Press, c1978. (MAIN: PN2287 .P57M3)

The Pawnbroker (1965)
Directed by Sidney Lumet. Cast: Rod Steiger, Brock Peters, Jaime Sanchez, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Raymond St. Jacques. Sol Nazerman is a WWII Nazi deathcamp survivor. Now, he runs a pawnshop in Harlem and takes refuge in misery and a bitter condemnation of humanity. When his assistant sacrifices his own life for the pawnbroker during a robbery, Sol is finally confronted with the inherent goodness of the human spirit. 120 min. DVD X4304
Awards
Berlin International Film Festival - Best Actor (Rod Steiger)

Uncle Tom's Cabin (1965)
Directed by Geza von Radmanyi. Cast: Herbert Lom (Simon Legree), John Kitzmiller (Uncle Tom), Olive Moorefield (Cassy), O. W. Fischer, Catana Cayetano, Michaela May, Mylene Demongeto. Harriet Beecher Stowe's nineteenth-century classic story of the pre-Civil war South. Peace-loving Tom is forced to submit to his sadistic master, the evil Simon Legree. Helpless slaves-raped, tortured, and humiliated-are eventually driven to rebel against their wicked oppressors. This drama, directed in Yugoslavia by Hungarian Geza Radvanyi, tends to stray from the original story and contains some contradictions to historical fact. 116 min. 999:2425

1927 version; 1914 version

Hurry Sundown (1966)
Directed by Otto Preminger. Cast: John Phillip Law, Michael Caine, Jane Fonda, Robert Hooks, Burgess Meredith, Faye Dunaway, Diahann Carroll, George Kennedy. About racial prejudice and emotional unrest in 1940s Georgia. Henry Warren is an unscrupulous and racist landowner obsessed with buying up all available land in a Georgia farming town. Blocking his path are sharecroppers Rod McDowell and Reeve Scott, one white and one black. Based on a novel by K.B. Gilden. 142 min. DVD X6301

To Sir, With Love (1966)
Directed by James Clavell. Cast: Sidney Poitier. A novice teacher faces a class of rowdy, undisciplined working-class punks in this classic film that reflected some of the problems and fears of teens in the 60's. 105 min. DVD 4534

Marill, Alvin H. The films of Sidney Poitier Secaucus, N.J. : Citadel Press, c1978. (MAIN: PN2287 .P57M3)

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
Directed by Stanley Kramer. Cast: Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier, Katharine Hepburn, Katharine Houghton. Joanna, the caucasian daughter of a publisher, Matthew Drayton, and his patrician wife, Christina, returns home with her new fiance, John, a distinguished black doctor. Christina's mother accepts her daughter's decision to marry John, but Matthew is shocked by this interracial union, and the doctor's parents are equally dismayed. In this film both families are forced to examine their respective levels of racial intolerance. 108 min. DVD 2318; vhs 999:718
Awards
Academy Award - Best Actress (Katharine Hepburn)

In the Heat of the Night (1967)
Directed by Norman Jewison. Cast: Sidney Poitier, Rod Steiger, Warren Oates, Lee Grant. A small town Southern sheriff finds himself in an uneasy alliance with a big-city black homicide detective (Virgil Tibbs) as they investigate a murder. Starring Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger. Music by Quincy Jones, title song sung by Ray Charles. 110 min. DVD 4561
Awards & Honors

Academy Awards - Best Picture; Best Actor (Rod Steiger)
Golden Globes, USA - Best Best Picture - Drama; Best Actor - Drama (Rod Steiger)
National Society of Film Critics Awards, USA - Best Actor (Rod Steiger)
New York Film Critics Circle Awards - Best Film; Best Actor (Rod Steiger)

For Love of Ivy (1968)
Directed by Daniel Mann. Cast: Sidney Poitier, Abbey Lincoln, Beau Bridges, Nan Martin, Lauri Peters, Carroll O'Connor, Leon Bibb. A wealthy family, afraid of losing their housekeeper to a secretarial career, fix her up with a man-about-town, who is secretly involved in illegal gambling. 101 min. DVD 4565

The Liberation of L.B. Jones: A Story of Southern Hospitality (1969)
Directed by Arthur Penn. Cast: Lee J. Cobb, Anthony Zerbe, Roscoe Lee Browne, Lee Majors, Barbara Hershey, Yaphet Kotto, Arch Johnson, Chill Wills, Lola Falana, Fayard Nicholas, Dub Taylor. Lord Byron Jones is a black businessman who owns a successful undertaking business, and is married to the very young and desirable Emma. His ability to cooperate with the white community is clearly an asset in the genteel town of Somerset, Tennessee. When Emma has an affair with a white policeman, divorce ensues and the stage is set for high drama. Based on the novel The liberation of Lord Byron Jones by Jesse Hill Ford. 103 min. DVD X6101

Putney Swope (1969)
Directed by Robert Downey. Cast: Arnold Johnson, Laura Greene, Buddy Butler, Anthony Fargas, Vincent Hamill, Lawrence Wolfe. A comical satire which charts the rise and fall of a Madison Avenue advertising agency previously controlled by Whites which is taken over by Blacks who are dedicated to the downfall of the White Establishment. The picture is mostly a parade of vignettes, dealing with people and campaigns of the advertising world. 85 min. DVD 8923
1970 - 1979

They Call Me Mr. Tibbs (1970)
Director, Gordon Douglas. Cast: Sidney Poitier, Martin Landau, Barbara McNair, Anthony Zerbe. Detective Virgil Tibbs has been assigned to solve the murder of a prostitute. His pal, a political-minded minister who is spearheading a referendum on community control, is suspected of the homicide and Tibbs is faced with the decision of whether or not to invesigate. 108 min. DVD 4562

The Great White Hope (1970)
Directed by Martin Ritt. Cast: James Earl Jones, Jane Alexander, Lou Gilbert, Joel Fluellen, Chester Morris. Based on the life of African American boxer Jack Johnson, this fictional account of his rise to fame chronicles the battles that the flamboyant champion fought in and out of the ring. Refusing to live within the boundaries deemed acceptable by society, this renowned hero and the woman he loved chose to live their lives the way they wanted-- something which evoked great fury from a narrow-minded world. 102 min. DVD 8059

Burns, James; Bartley, Abel "The Great White Hope: A Forgotten Biopic?" a/b: Auto/Biography Studies, Volume 26, Number 1, Summer 2011, pp. 53-67 UC users only
Goldfarb, Lyn; Ilyashov, Anatoli. "Working Class Hero: An Interview with Martin Ritt." Cineaste, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 20-23, 1991
Miller, Gabriel. The films of Martin Ritt : fanfare for the common man Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, c2000. (MAIN: PN1998.3.R578 M55 2000)
Naylor, Nicholas. "Muhammad Ali, Jack Johnson, and the 'Problem' of Interracial Relationships: A Re-View of Martin Ritt's The Great White Hope (1970)." Scope: An Online Journal of Film Studies, pp. (no pagination), Nov 2003 UC users only
Ritt, Martin. Martin Ritt : interviews Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, c2002. [MAIN: PN1998.3.R578 A5 2002]
Whitaker, Sheila. The films of Martin Ritt. [London], British Film Institute, 1972. (NRLF (UCB) PN1998.A3 R5371)

Neighbors (TV, 1971)
Director, Fiedler Cook. Cast: Andrew Duggan, Raymond St. Jacques, Cicely Tyson, Jane Wyatt. Drama about race relations in an all-white suburban community that depicts the confrontation between an upper-class white couple and a black couple from Harlem who plan to buy their expensive suburban home. In negotiating the sale, all four learn a little more about each other-- and a lot about their own latent prejudices. 60 min. DVD X4466

Lady Sings the Blues (1972)
Director, Sidney J. Furie. Cast: Diana Ross, Billy Dee Williams, Richard Pryor, Paul Hampton. Presents a film biography of the life of Billie Holliday, the performer known as "Lady Day", one of America's most loved and memorable blues singers. 144 min. DVD 4819

Barrett, Lindon. "'In the Dark': Billie Holiday and Some Sights and Sounds of American Value." Callaloo 13 (4): 872-85. 1990 Fall.
Holbrook, Morris B. "When bad things happen to great musicians: The role of ambi-diegetic jazz in three tragedepictions of artistic genius on the silver screen ('Lady Sings the Blues'; 'Sweet Love, Bitter'; ''Round Midnight'; 'Bird')." Jazz Research Journal, May 2007, Vol. 1 Issue n1, p99-128, 30p UC users only
Kael, Pauline. "Lady Sings the Blues." In: Reeling / Pauline Kael. Boston : Little, Brown, c1976. (Main (Gardner) Stacks; Moffitt PN1995 .K2521)
Storhoff, Gary. "Strange Fruit" : Lady Sings the Blues as a Crossover Film." Journal of Popular Film & Television, Summer2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p105, 9p UC users only
Turim, Maureen. "Lady Sings the Blues." Velvet Light Trap: A Critical Journal of Film & Television, Spring73, Issue 8, p34-38, 5p

Sounder (1972)
Directed by Martin Ritt. Cast: Cicely Tyson, Paul Winfield. Sounder is the heartwarming story of a black sharecropper family in Louisiana during the Depression. A father steals food for his family, his wife provides love, security and strength while he is in prison, and their oldest son bravely becomes the man of the house until his father returns. Together they love and laugh, struggle and survive, and dream and hope of a more promising future. 105 min. DVD X4836; vhs 999:449

Adams, Michael. "How Come Everybody Down Here Has Three Names?": Martin Ritt's Southern Films." Southern Quarterly; Apr1981, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p143-155, 13p
Goldfarb, Lyn; Ilyashov, Anatoli. "Working Class Hero: An Interview with Martin Ritt." Cineaste, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 20-23, 1991
Miller, Gabriel. The films of Martin Ritt : fanfare for the common man Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, c2000. (MAIN: PN1998.3.R578 M55 2000)
Ritt, Martin. Martin Ritt : interviews Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, c2002. [MAIN: PN1998.3.R578 A5 2002]
Whitaker, Sheila. The films of Martin Ritt. [London], British Film Institute, 1972. (NRLF (UCB) PN1998.A3 R5371)

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman (TV, 1973)

Directed by John Korty. Cast: Cicely Tyson, Richard A. Dysart. Presents the story of the long life of Miss Jane Pittman, who began her life as a slave in the South and who marched for her civil rights in the 20th century at the age of 110. Based on the novel of the same title by Ernest J. Gaines. Special DVD features: "The Making of the Autobiography of Ms. Jane Pittman" documentary - behind the scenes footage; new interviews with Ernest J. Gaines, Odetta, director John Korty, producers Rick Rosenberg and Bob Christiansen and more; "The Writing of the Autobiography of Ms. Jane Pittman" documentary - Ernest J. Gaines gives an in-depth look at the people and places that inspired his award-winning novel; "Oral Story Telling Tradition" documentary - scholars explain the important of oral story-telling; Best Picture and Best Actress Emmy clips; Digitally remastered. 106 min. DVD X4447; Video/C 144
Awards
Directors Guild of America - Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Movies for Television
Emmy Awards - Actress of the Year - Special (Cicely Tyson); Best Directing in Drama - A Single Program - Comedy or Drama; Best Lead Actress in a Drama; Outstanding Special - Comedy or Drama

Walking Tall (1973)

Directed by Phil Karlson. Cast: Joe Don Baker, Noah Beery, Jr., Elizabeth Hartman, Felton Perry, Pepper Martin. Based on the true story of the legendary Tennessee sheriff, Buford Pusser, who with the help of his wife and his right hand man, the first black deputy sheriff in Tennessee, refused to compromise his fight against corruption in his county. DVD. 126 min. DVD 610

Amazing Grace (1974)

Directed by Stan Lathan. Cast: Moms Mabley, Slappy White, Moses Gunn, James Karen, George Lee Miles, Gary Bolling, Dolph Sweet, Jon Richards, Stepin Fetchit, Butterfly McQueen. A black pious church-going widow and grandmother takes over the political campaign of a neighbor running for mayor of Baltimore, transforming him from a white man's pawn into a serious challenger of Baltimore's blue-blood establishment. 97 min. DVD 3499

Mandingo (1975)
Directed by Richard Fleischer. Cast: James Mason, Susan George, Perry King, Richard Ward, Brenda Sykes, Ken Norton. Based on a best-selling novel, this film moves beyond the sentimentalized South of other films with uncompromising honesty and realism to show the brutalizing nature of slavery, which made victims of both owner and slave. The story centers on a slave owner who buys a new slave at auction hoping to bring in money by training him to fight his other slaves. His wife, jealous over her husband's affair with the slave Helen, seduces the new man to get revenge on her husband and eventually gives birth to a black baby. 121 min. DVD X4286

Campbell, Edward D. C., Jr. "'Burn, Mandingo, Burn': The Plantation South in Film, 1958-1978" The Southern Quarterly: A Journal of the Arts in the South, vol. 19, no. 3-4, pp. 107-116, 1981 Spring-Summer
Keser, Robert. "The Eye We Cannot Shut: Richard Fleischer's Mandingo." The Film Journal, Issue 13 January 2006
Shimizu, Celine Parrenas. "Master-slave sex acts: Mandingo and the race/sex paradox." Wide Angle: A Film Quarterly of Theory, Criticism, and Practice, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 42-61, 1999 Oct
UC users only

Almos' a Man (TV, 1976)
Directed by Stan Lathan. Cast: LeVar Burton, Madge Sinclair, Robert Doqui. Although Dave and his family are poor sharecroppers in the Deep South in the 1930's, this 15 year-old's problem is shared by teenagers today : he stands with one foot in adulthood and the other in childhood. "Almos' a Man," yet still treated like a child, he struggles for an identity. There's one symbol of manhood, Dave thinks, that could guarantee him instant respect : a gun. Based on the story by Richard Wright. 36 min.min. DVD X3405; vhs Video/C 790 Credits and other information from the Internet Movie Database

The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings (1976)
Directed by John Badham. Cast: Billy Dee Williams, James Earl Jones, Richard Pryor, Rico Dawson. African-American baseball pitcher Bingo Long, tired of being jerked around by the less-than-ethical managers of the Negro League teams, forms his own barnstorming ball club. Though boycotted by powerful Negro League manager Sallison Porter, the Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings flourish, gaining a loyal fandom with every new game and cutting into the League's profits. Finally, Porter offers Long a deal: if the Motor Kings can win one big game with the Negro All-Stars, Long's team will be allowed to join the League. Based on the novel by William Brashler. 111 min. DVD X3172

Car Wash(1976)
Director Michael Schultz. Cast: George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Franklyn Ajaye, Professor Irwin Corey, Ivan Dixon, Antonio Fargas, Jack Kehoe, Clarence Muse, Lorraine Gary, the Pointer Sisters. An irreverent but affectionate look at a typical day in a Los Angeles car wash. But what a day! There's a would-be robbery and an assembly line of the weirdest, baddest characters you've ever met and lots of booty-bumping music to pass the hours. 97 min. DVD 2573
Credits and information from the Internet Movie Database
1980 - 1989

Posts: 43025 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ogamtolo
Member # 22281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ogamtolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Mike. Eye opening in many aspects.

Ish and Mike...I applaud you for your constant battle with ignorance. I have no idea how you have the energy to constantly do it.

Posts: 29 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ogamtolo
Member # 22281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ogamtolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mindovermatter:
I'm afraid Doug, White Albino supremacy is not an "American phenomenon", it's a "global phenomenon" and the biggest supporters of "white supremacy", are actually the masses of populations of Asia and Latin America, and the Middle East......

TRUTH
Posts: 29 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ogamtolo
Member # 22281

Rate Member
I never quite understood this. The only reasoning behind it is racism, and white supremacy:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/04/03/da-assassinations-aryan-brotherhood-motivations-not-racial-if-connected-mexican-cartel-links-to-ab-confirmed/

http://people.missouristate.edu/michaelcarlie/storage/mexican_mafia.htm

http://www.alipac.us/f12/mexican-mafia-member-ordered-gangs-target-blacks-255192/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
He knows this:

64 percent of white men voted for Republicans, only 35 percent vote Democratic.
56 percent of white women voted Republican, while only 43 percent voted Democrat.

Recall that Albino media told us that Albinos elected Barack Obama.

quote:
Originally posted by Ogamtolo:
[QB] Good post Mike. Eye opening in many aspects.

Ish...I applaud you for your constant battle with ignorance. I have no idea how you have the energy to constantly do it.

the only problem is that the conclusion: "Recall that Albino media told us that Albinos elected Barack Obama." is wrong.

First the people aren't albinos and
and second African Americans are 14% of America while European Americans are 77% of America

So there is a greater number of European Americans that voted for Obama despite the fact that others vote republican.

But obviously some AAs voted for Obama because he is democrat but others voted because he is considered the first black person as president.

Colin Powell said in 2015

quote:

Powell said, "Yes, I'm still a Republican," and highlighted his votes for "five presidents in a row who were Republican," as well as his work for President Ronald Reagan and former Sen. Howard Baker.

"I want to continue to be a Republican because it annoys them,"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/colin-powell-republican-iran-immigration-donald-trump/

Suppose it was Hillary Clinton vs. Colin Powell.

Who would win?

Republican

-

Democrat

-

or

Republican
 -

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mindovermatter:

Where did I claim otherwise?

I was commenting on popular culture in the U.S. That doesn't mean I am not aware of the global nature of white supremacy.

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Another commentator on youtube saying the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLmwystD-8

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
After the Iraq-UN thing, Powell gas no credibility....neither does Rice.

Neither does Hilary for that matter.

--------------------
Keldal

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
He knows this:

56 percent of white women voted Republican, while only 43 percent voted Democrat.

quote:

Ish...I applaud you for your constant battle with ignorance. I have no idea how you have the energy to constantly do it.

the only problem is that the conclusion: "Recall that Albino media told us that Albinos elected Barack Obama." is wrong.

and second African Americans are 14% of America while European Americans are 77% of America

So there is a greater number of European Americans that voted for Obama despite the fact that others vote republican.

But obviously some AAs voted for Obama because he is democrat but others voted because he is considered the first black person as president.

quote:

Powell said, "Yes, I'm still a Republican," and highlighted his votes for "five presidents in a row who were Republican," as well as his work for President Ronald Reagan and former Sen. Howard Baker.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/colin-powell-republican-iran-immigration-donald-trump/

Lioness - You are a degenerate Albino puss scab Bitch, making believe that she is a Black woman - with a Black woman's avatar and all.

And "YOU" want to speak of truth???

Ha,ha,ha,ha:

But I'm glad you posted that. It speaks to the trouble we have trying to decipher exactly what the numbers are.

Experience tells us that you are not different than most Albinos, therefore the numbers that you and they quote are lies.

That conclusion is further supported by the fact that most Albinos practice defensive Racism, therefore most Albinos would not vote for Obama.

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Defensive racism ?

--------------------
Keldal

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

That conclusion is further supported by the fact that most Albinos practice defensive Racism, therefore most Albinos would not vote for Obama.

You're very slow, you still don't get it

Who gets elected has to do with the number of votes not the percentage of a given group that vote, stupid

quote:

asshole, show us in a media source where that is stated or shut the fuk up
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Defensive racism ?

Not meaning to criticize, but clearly, like most Blacks, you have not spent any time analyzing the behavior of your adversary. Why Albinos behave as they do is extremely important!

Please read this page:

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Whites/Racism.htm

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Defensive racism ?

quote:

Please read this page:

"this Psychological disorder is called "Compensation:" which refers to a type of self defense mechanism in which people overachieve in one area (in this case, the need for World dominance) in order to compensate for failures in another area (Physical inferiority)."

It's like what happens in any school yard, the skinny weak kid bullies everybody else.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Defensive racism ?

quote:

Please read this page:

"this Psychological disorder is called "Compensation:" which refers to a type of self defense mechanism in which people overachieve in one area (in this case, the need for World dominance) in order to compensate for failures in another area (Physical inferiority)."

It's like what happens in any school yard, the skinny weak kid bullies everybody else.

This is why I find you so disgusting and such a degenerate.

Even you knows that the purpose of weapons is to compensate for a lack of strength/power.

But instead of just letting the obvious go, you chose to insult the intelligence of everyone reading your response.

But here again, you help me make a point about Albinos like yourself - you degenerates can't help yourselves.

For years we have known that you were an Albino bitch making believe that you are a Black woman.

And we have told you that we know: but instead of quietly slithering away, you have continued the attempt at subterfuge.

Have you any idea how stupid and sick that is?

But as I say, you can't help yourself.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Even you knows that the purpose of weapons is to compensate for a lack of strength/power.

So in Africa when somebody used a weapon like a sword or spear instead of not using a weapon, the purpose of it, was to compensate for a lack of strength/power.

Damn you are stupid

review the purpose of weapons

CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

White child hater, how many times do you have to be told, your biased,bigoted,Anti-White, Black racist site is NOT a truthful, reliable source.

Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
And the bigger point that people fail to make is that America and White Supremacy is a crime gang. It always has been. You can't expect the criminals who raped and robbed most of the planet to let you get to the top using the same tactics. Criminals who run the system are not going to put themselves in jail, especially when all their wealth and power comes from committing crimes against humanity on every part of the planet. Only a retard would think they could outdo these people at their own game, yet black folks swear they are kingpins of the ghetto.... what a contradiction in terms. That is like saying king roach on top of the garbage heap.

That's deep.
Posts: 22249 | From: Omni | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by CelticWarrioress:
Mike,

White child hater, how many times do you have to be told, your biased,bigoted,Anti-White, Black racist site is NOT a truthful, reliable source.

Look at it from the bright side. At least you have the freedom the rant your idiotic dribble.

-

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
He knows this:

quote:

quote:

Suppose it was Hillary Clinton vs. Colin Powell.

Who would win?

Republican

-

Democrat

-

or

Republican
 -

What are you trying to say? Why go hypothetical, when you can use facts?

-

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

So in Africa when somebody used a weapon like a sword or spear instead of not using a weapon, the purpose of it, was to compensate for a lack of strength/power.

Damn you are stupid

review the purpose of weapons

As a former martial artist I can say that Mike is right. The purpose of the weapon is to compensate/ enhance strength.
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
[QB] African American in Film, 1959-19769
(- blaxploitation)

What is the source you used? From what I can recall, blaxploitation movies are from the 70's era.

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/AfricanAmBib.html#blaxploitation

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Good post Mike. Eye opening in many aspects.

Ish and Mike...I applaud you for your constant battle with ignorance. I have no idea how you have the energy to constantly do it.

The realm of space and time.
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
I actually wanted to discuss this article posted by Mike. Somehow the thread was derailed. Actually this need a separate thread.

What I read here is devastating.

quote:
The sources of wealth

Black families
$31,118
White families
$126,064
image home
Wealth from home

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com