EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What It's Like to Be Albino When Everyone Thinks You're White (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What It's Like to Be Albino When Everyone Thinks You're White
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More Indian albinos, yes these are all 100% Indian albinos and I have verified it!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 1557 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 1557 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Oh man oh man, my pictures have been taken down already? Not to worry I saved all of it!

Mike and others here, it seems I am actually delivering some damage and the government moles crawling and moving about through this forum have taken it down! If you want the pictures I can give them to you!

Here is a news story of Indian albino beggars:

https://www.mangalorean.com/not-foreigners-but-indian-born-family-of-8-albinos-need-your-help/

quote:

Not Foreigners, but Indian Born Family of 8 ‘Albinos’ Need Your Help

Not Foreigners, but Indian Born Family of 8 ‘Albinos’ Need Your Help

Papud Jaidev and his family of seven “Albinos” hailing from Karad city-Satara district in the Southern part of Maharashtra have been coming to Mangaluru since decades during Hindu festival season to earn money through begging- and very soon they will be heading back to their hometown, until they return to Mangaluru in a later date.

Mangaluru: Before writing this article, I tried discussing albinism with the social circle, and not surprisingly, most people didn’t know that such a term, or a medical condition, existed. Yet, everyone knew or remembered seeing people with the skin disorder, and staring at them uncomfortably before moving on with their lives. To get more information on Albinism I called Dr Prabha Adhikari-Former professor of Medicine at KMC-Mangaluru, and now serving at Yenepoya Hospital-Deralakatte, who gave me an elaborate description of Albinism.

For the uninitiated, albinism is a rare genetic disorder characterized by the lack of Melanin, a pigment that normally gives colour to the skin, hair, and eyes. Another commonly affected area is a vision. In India, however, people with albinism, or albinos, face inexplicable social boycott and discrimination.

-

One in 17,000 people in the world is born with Albinism. India has approximately one lakh, such people. Those with the condition do not produce enough melanin pigment, which gives colour to the skin, hair and eyes and protects the body from the sun’s rays.

They often suffer from extreme short-sightedness and a severe sensitivity to light. Albinism is a congenital disorder that affects the production of melanin — the pigment that gives the skin and eyes colour. The problems albinos face range from discrimination to bullying to inaccurate representation in movies, and sometimes physical attacks and violence.

The case of albinism in India is a curious one. In a country obsessed with the fair skin we see an inapposite reaction to people with this condition. Albinism is an extremely rare condition it often renders such individuals hypersensitive to sun rays beside making their appearance look ‘foreign’.

Sources reveal that due to their ethereal appearance, people with albinism have been mistreated for centuries. They’ve been perceived as mythical beings in countries like Tanzania, and witch-doctors have murdered them for their body parts, believing them to have magical properties. There have also been cases of albino women being raped in Zimbabwe, because of a false theory that sex with them can cure a man of HIV.

-

But that changes as soon as they step out when they face prejudices for their extreme fair skin due to Albinism. People address them as ‘Suraj-mukhi’ or ‘Angrez’ (British) because of their pale skin. In a country where fairness creams are advertised and dark skin is shunned, being this pale-skinned opens you up to prejudice and discrimination in society.

The Jaidev family appearing almost incongruous, squat on the road and beg for alms, or they visit temples during festivals where they earn more income through alms. Jaidev says sometimes they make around Rs 500-600 daily. All members of this family are referred by local people as `bhuriyas’ because of their pinkish-white skin.

I still remember seeing this family decades ago, and I know many of you might have seen this Albino family beg on Mangaluru streets. It was Jaidev’s parents who descended in Mangaluru in the 80’s- and now Jaidev (45) has grown up, and having married to Chanda (32) he has five children namely- Ajay (10), Ujay (7), Avinash (5), Ruksan (4), and Nayna (2). He is also joined by his grandma, Shanthabai, aged 65.

-

Speaking to Team Mangalorean, Papud Jaidev said, ” All we know is that we can’t see properly, and we can’t sit under the sun for long, but we live the best we can. People in India, especially in Maharashtra, are a little more open-minded, but many think we’re foreigners. We have endured a lot of prejudice as people find it hard to understand that we are ‘born and bred in India’. People many times have called us foreigners, for they know nothing about Albinism. We are a Family born here in India, and not foreigners, but we suffer from a congenital absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes.”

” It is difficult for me to use my mobile phone but I try to use it, and I often get hurt while walking in dark alleys or streets. We often struggle to feel accepted in the society, and this has often led us to quit our dreams due to the fear of being left out.

Even though we have a ‘tough’ life, but we strive to make the most of it. We would appreciate if people help us financially since we are neglected by the society due to our appearance. Hoping to get help from Mangaloreans, I sincerely thank everyone in advance. God bless you all” added Jaidev.

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
So where are my photos Liarness, why were they taken down?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spell the name right and I'll put them back up
Posts: 31854 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Ah Lioness or Liarness, you do realize I have these pictures saved right? All those deleted pics I originally uploaded onto independent servers from my own packets. It's pretty stupid for you have to
do this, because it proves that I am actually being proven right in this thread and hitting home....

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Story of an Indian albino girl I found online:

-

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQE1y9LjRwo/

quote:

6w
everydaymumbaiNamira:

She has albinism. Her family told me she can't see in the day. She gets really tanned outside even if she wears layers of clothes for protection. Her family says she can see only in the night. Thats why she doesn't goto school. I asked them to send her to a night school or to homeschool her but they said that they live very far away from a school for which they have to cross a bridge and go and since has discouraged Namira and her siblings from going to school.And they can't afford to hire someone to come and teach Namira.

The family told me that apparently some foreigners had come and were ready to take Namira for a price of Rs.3 lakhs. But the mother said " how can I do that to my own child. How can I let her go. How can any mom ever do that to her kid." I asked why they wanted Namira and she said that the foreigners said that Namira had the same skin colour as theirs.

Apparently Namira has been offered to play few roles on a television or film based on Naagin (snakes who can apparently turn into a lady).

I don't know how she manages to get by. Life is difficult anyways but for her I can only imagine how much. I saw her watching outside the window in the dark that night and was wondering what is she seeing , what is she thinking!

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
More:

https://twitter.com/IFGateway/status/838276911180693504

A nurse cares for an abandoned infant with albinism at the Palna facility in Delhi, India:

-

albino Indians I found on social media:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

look, I found some albinos

Posts: 31854 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Somewhat related albino orangutan rescued, has blue eyes and dirty blonde hair just like many whites today. Infact almost looks like a miniature white person:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39781945?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

quote:

Albino orangutan rescued from captivity in Indonesia

-

A rare albino orangutan is being cared for by an animal protection group in Indonesia after being rescued.

The white-haired and blue-eyed female orangutan was being held captive in a remote village in the Indonesian part of the island of Borneo.

It had been held in a cage for two days and "still displays wild behaviours", the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation said.

The animal could soon be released back into the wild, the group said.

'Sensitive to light'

Albino orangutans are extremely rare and this is the first taken in by the organisation in its 25-year history, BOS Foundation told AFP news agency.

The group said it had determined the animal had albinism after physical examinations, saying its eyes were very sensitive to light.

The animal, believed to be five years old, is being assessed at the group's rehabilitation centre, home to nearly 500 orangutans.

Bornean orangutans are classified as "critically endangered" by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

Their populations decreased by more than 60% between 1950 and 2010, due to the destruction of their habitat and hunting, and a further decline of 22% is expected between 2010 and 2025, the IUCN says.

-

The animal had dried blood around its nose and may have sustained the injury while fighting off villagers who captured it

Around 100,000 orangutans are estimated to live on the island of Borneo, which is split between Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia.

There may be more albino orangutans on the island, the BOS Foundation says.

"There must be orangutans living in the forests from whom the albino orangutan inherited the disorder, for it is genetic," CEO Jamartin Sihite was quoted by the Jakarta Post newspaper as saying.

Incredible the resemblance to a white person, that this albino orangutan has....
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, when you read about the plight of the African and Indian Albinos, it is really sad to imagine what their lives must be like and the trials and tribulations they must endure day to day.
Not being able to enjoy the warm sun, and being blind by day must be a terrible way to live, especially when you see "normals" basking in the sunlight without burning up in it's rays.

This explains why Eurobinos both love & hate people of color. Uncontrollable Jealousy, envy, Fear and hate, of people,of color, and perhaps with God itself, for cursing them with a lack of melanin.

Perhaps, this is also why The God Set was transformed in Egypt into a dark demon figure, master of night during the latter kingdom. Where the lower Eyptians may have well be albinos who could not worship the Sun God.

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
^^^^Indian albinos don't seem to suffer as much plight, because they can pass as White Europeans as I have said here before, and because of colonialism, enjoy better social status and respect then many of their "normal" peers unfortunately.....
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, when you read about the plight of the African and Indian Albinos, it is really sad to imagine what their lives must be like and the trials and tribulations they must endure day to day.
Not being able to enjoy the warm sun, and being blind by day must be a terrible way to live, especially when you see "normals" basking in the sunlight without burning up in it's rays.

India's albino population seem to be far better off then African albinos though. In india, they don't seem to have witch doctors who prey on silly native superstitions where they bleed an albino for their blood or carve them up for their body parts to fulfill some stupid, selfish wish like gain prosperity at the expense of an African albino's life or organs.
Maybe this is why Eurobinos hate Africans the most because of the way they'd be treated in certain parts of Africa where primitive native practices made them prey to inhumane treatment by black africans.

This explains why Eurobinos both love & hate people of color. Uncontrollable Jealousy, envy, Fear and hate, of people,of color, and perhaps with God itself, for cursing them with a lack of melanin.

Perhaps, this is also why The God Set was transformed in Egypt into a dark Anti-Ra figure, master of night during the latter kingdom. Where the lower Eyptians may have well been albinos who could not withstand or worship the Sun, and therefore, the Sun God.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
^^^^Yeah African albinos have to deal and face a lot of social ostracization and pharia-hood, as well societal abuse and rejection. Here is a trailer for a movie about the life of an African albino guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsNLAdJM_g

Here is a trailer for a indie film about the life of albinos in the Dominican republic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owb9MKfqWko

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Interesting article published in Norway, by an Indian NGO tasked with helping Indian albinos in India:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/albinism-india-group/article-on-albinism-by-anubhav-gupta-which-got-published-in-norway/457106277641520/

quote:

People with Albinism all across the globe are looked at awe, wonder and at times with disbelief and suspicion by the society. Albinism is a rare genetic condition which causes the partial or total loss of color giving pigment-melanin in the skin, eyes and hair, thus giving such people a pale white appearance.

With a worldwide average of 1 in seventeen thousand, the current estimated population of people with Albinism stands at 4, 12,000. A sizeable no; which no govt; can choose to ignore. Classified as rare genetic condition Albinism brings fear, apathy and social stigma for its targets. Bullying in school, lack of acceptance in the family, problems finding a job and spouse are some of the common issues, people with albinism face.

Hina (name changed), was left for adoption by her biological parents somewhere in India, today at 24, she reasons out to me that it could be because of albinism. Aakash (name changed) was not allowed to meet relatives for the fear of being ridiculed by his parents. Dr. Juneja was denied a job in govt. hospital just because he has low vision, despite graduating from a premier medical institute in the country.

A common perception about people with albinism is that they have another skin problem widely known as leucoderma. Which is totaly untrue. A significant difference that people with albinism have with leucoderma is low vision. Lack of melanin in the eyes causes these people to have low vision anywhere from 30-70 percent. Genetically, their eyes also tend to have non controllable movements known as Nystagumus and Strabismus. Nystagumus causes a rapid left-right eye movement in the eyes causing difficulty in focusing. Strabismus causes monocular vision unlike the normal eyes which have binocular vision.

A sub variant of Albinism (which has more than 10 varients) known as Hermasky Pudlock Syndrome causes severe stomach and lung problems in the clients dealing with the illness often requiring long term medication, steroids, and even lung transplants. There are 1000 registered members with Hermansky Pudlock Network, U.S.A.

Finding a cure/treatment for albinism will not only help people with albinism but also will help millions others with skin problem and who are looking to change their skin colors in a flash, feel many in the community.

In African country of Tanzania, due to wide spread superstitions people with albinism are being kidnapped and brutally murdered for body parts. Their blood is considered sacred by witch doctors and they claim to cure many illnesses. A full body can fetch upto 50,000 $ in the market. More than 200 people have been kidnapped and killed in the province since 2003. The govt. now has taken steps to protect the community and capital punishment is awarded to anyone found guilty of the heinous crime.

Says Sameer Garg, a teacher with albinism from India, who has been working to help his community for the past two years. “We are normal people with above average IQ and a normal life span. Our lives are as normal as people around us help make it” He has been associated with an organisation ‘Jeevan’, that has been working to dispel the myths around the community in society and medical fraternity both.

“New parents need to be guided as to what is best for their children with albinism. I am a journalist my self and I am very proud of the fact that I got a very good atmosphere at home.” Says Jaya Bharati from M.P, India.

“I have known people with albinism who have become doctors, scientists, successful businessmen, professors, models, singers just about everything you can imagine. Isn’t that amazing!” Adds Sameer with a beaming smile on his face.

“You will find virtually every variety of animal in nature with an albinistic variety, I wonder why when in nature we find these animals so pretty, our logic and reasoning leaves us when we start dealing with equally beautiful human beings.” Jaya Bharti makes a sharp observation on human nature.

With wide spread advocacy, outreach and special provisions for low vision people. It is possible to help these people be a part of the main stream and be contributing individuals to the nation and societies. Media can plan an important part in helping people with rare genetic conditions.

Is this delusional thinking? Albinos have above average levels of IQ? Is this delusional narcissistic compensation thinking to cover up an inferiority complex or might this albino guy be actually onto something?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com