EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » USA Blacks And The Sport Of Boxing: The Greatest In The World! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: USA Blacks And The Sport Of Boxing: The Greatest In The World!
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nehesy:
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
quote:
Originally posted by Nehesy:
Another aparté, Danny Bill an African raised in Paris. The biggest Muay Thai(boxing and legs) artist of the 90s, and a legend in Thailand.

When he went to Thailand to train and learn their arts, his Asian Muay Thai masters told him that this art came from Africans and showed him documents about this fact and reality...Yes guys...You can find the video on Youtube...

Danny went several times to Runoko Rashidi, conferences here in Paris to tell this story...

I repeat pure ignorance...When having a look at the rebellions during the slave plantations period in the New World...Only Haitians (pure Africans at that time) at this period destroyed their masters and slavery and paved the way for emancipation in many countries in the West Indies and South America...Learn your facts straight guys...

Please stop polluting the thread with martial arts.
This is a boxing thread and MA or UFC have nothing to do with boxing.
Don't believe me, ask Rhonda Rousey.

France also has no boxers on the All Time Great list.
France produces no top level boxers. They hardly produce even good contender level boxers.
However, if there was an international competition for weeping, the French would be all time greats. [Big Grin]

When I say You're ignorant : Boxing is a martial art which uses body weapons who are your arms and fists, footsteps and body (clinch). However Legs and knees are forbidden.

In Muay Thai Boxing you use Boxing, Clinch, Arms + Elbows and Fists + Legs and knees

In all martial arts you use Jabs, Hooks, Uppercuts and clinch...You need to go practicing and stop uttering BS on the net...

The thread title is;

USA Blacks and the sport of Boxing; The Greatest In the world!

Not

USA Blacks and Martial Arts
I have another thread here on ES regarding Blacks and Martial arts, and this ain't it.
Please refrain yourself.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Anyone can watch Boxing on US, UK, Japan, Australian and Canadian television to keep abreast of the boxing talents of those nations.

Does anyone know which African nation TV shows feature boxing?

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
All over the world, the structures of these skilled tradesmen still stand as testaments to their work.
Can you cite any such examples in sub-Sahara Africa?

Typical Africans, always waiting for others to do the brain-work for them.

Encyclopædia Britannica

African architecture

https://www.britannica.com/art/African-architecture

I was amazed by what the Albinos had destroyed, but not surprised that modern Africans didn't know about it. West Africans are worst than even I thought.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Wow, I am amazed!

The only things you appear to know about Africa come from Albino sources... wow, just wow!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
^^Wow, I am amazed!

The only things you appear to know about Africa come from Albino sources... wow, just wow!

check this out:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=011931

Posts: 42934 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
^^Wow, I am amazed!

LOL, that's not fair.

I have many questions about ancient Africa that I find extremely difficult in uncovering, but as you know, much written information has been lost, hidden or destroyed.
Then there is the problem that Africa has never unified, therefore the multitude of nations never developed a common language to record continental African history. So, information is gathered fragment by painful fragment.

Albino sources are more abundant, but then you have the usual problem of separating fiction from lies to gain the small percentage of truth. It's truly time consuming.
Plus, Africans aren't too helpful either.

Over the years I've asked many questions regarding Africa on the site and the Africans here hardly ever respond.
Still, we crave the knowledge and continue to seek it.

Thank God for Dr. Winters who has over the years provided many pieces of lost critic African information that Africans themselves seem not to know.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^Wow, I am amazed!

Come-on lion, that's a silly thing to say - THERE ARE "NO" NATIVE AFRICAN SOURCES.

Most Africans don't know this sh1t, and those that do must be keeping it a secret!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
^^Wow, I am amazed!

LOL, that's not fair.

I have many questions about ancient Africa that I find extremely difficult in uncovering, but as you know, much written information has been lost, hidden or destroyed.
Then there is the problem that Africa has never unified, therefore the multitude of nations never developed a common language to record continental African history. So, information is gathered fragment by painful fragment.

Albino sources are more abundant, but then you have the usual problem of separating fiction from lies to gain the small percentage of truth. It's truly time consuming.
Plus, Africans aren't too helpful either.

Over the years I've asked many questions regarding Africa on the site and the Africans here hardly ever respond.
Still, we crave the knowledge and continue to seek it.

Thank God for Dr. Winters who has over the years provided many pieces of lost critic African information that Africans themselves seem not to know.

When you seek with arrogance and prejudgment, you will not find!

More humility, more patience, and you will hit a trove like Dr Clyde Winters did....

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
^^Wow, I am amazed!

Come-on lion, that's a silly thing to say - THERE ARE "NO" NATIVE AFRICAN SOURCES.

Most Africans don't know this sh1t, and those that do must be keeping it a secret!

True.
Typically when you ask an African they immediately kick into defence mode while deflecting the question.
This thread is a prime example.
So far, not one African has offered objective insights on why, there are no Africans on the international Boxing All Time Great lists.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All over the world, the structures of these skilled tradesmen still stand as testaments to their work.

LOL. Only an ignorant of African history person would pose such a question. Instances of metal and wood work in Africa are all over the net.

And you persist in the racist talk of "sub-Saharan Africa". Almost forgot, you define yourself oxymoronically as a "black European". Obviously you would be just as racist as many white Europeans. Mike, you must be very old because you never seem to learn.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^To the point on architecture: Encyclopædia Britannica says this.....

In the 19th century the earth-and-stone palace of the Asantehene (king) of the Asante empire at the capital city of Kumasi covered some five acres (two hectares). It had many courtyards with verandas and open screens and more than 60 rooms with steep thatched roofs. The exterior walls of the palace were covered with rich embellishments in raised clay, patterns that may be related to Islamic calligraphy. Shrine houses were also constructed. Little of the palace survived the Asante wars and a punitive expedition by the British in 1874.

More extensive was the great palace of the oba of Benin City, Nigeria. In the 16th and 17th centuries it was as large as a European town, with many courts surrounded by galleried buildings, their pillars encased in bronze plaques. Roofs were shingled, and there were numerous high towers topped with bronze birds. Benin City was burned by the British in 1897.

The Yoruba of western Nigeria are also an urban people. Their towns traditionally have as their centre the afin (palace) of the oba, from which radiate broad roads dividing the town into quarters, each with its compound of a subordinate chief. Some afins in the precolonial era were of great size, encompassing much of the surrounding bush; the afin of Oyo, the capital of the Oyo empire (17th and 18th centuries), was reported to cover 640 acres (260 hectares). The palace buildings were substantially built, and the open verandas were supported by carved caryatid pillars. Yoruba towns still have palaces; though the architecture is often Westernized, traditional courtyards, recreation grounds, and high surrounding walls persist.

Being curious as to what those palaces looked like, and being certain that Africans would have created many recreations in drawings and models of their only high achievements, I googled the palace name "palace of the oba of Benin City" and got THIS:
I believe this drawing was done by a Brit.

-

Well that's my research into African architecture. It appears I have more interest than most Africans.

My real interest was in seeing if any of the skilled tradesmen enslaved in the U.S. could have been African.

Unfortunately there are no examples to judge from, but it appears that the kings had access to skilled tradesmen who built and maintained their palaces. These men could have been local or imported. Because the larger society did not use dwellings needing great skill to make, it is obvious that skilled tradesmen were few, and of great value. Certainly no king would sell them off into slavery, and no European would dare steal them.

Thus the skilled tradesmen Slaves in the U.S. could NOT have been Africans.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
The drawing above appears to be modeled after this painting:

University of Virginia

King of Benin (Oba) in procession, late 17th cent.

-

Source
Giulio Ferrario, IL Costume Antico & Moderno . . . . (Milano, 1815-1827), vol. 2, pt. 1, plate 38

Comments
Mounted on a horse, the king is depicted being surrounded by retainers playing various musical instruments. This image appears to be derived from one edition or another of Dapper (e.g., 1668, 1686); see image reference BO17 on this website.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Only problem is that the painting above is totally BOGUS!

This is the Oba's real costume.

-

-

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
^ Mike

This caption seems unreasonable to me.
Why would the King's retainers be playing instruments when they would clearly be the kingdom's managers and elites.
The small guy on the left of the king appears more as you would expect from a retainer and leader reporting to the king.
Also, to the right of the king, just in front of the horse you can see two others who appear to be the King's retainers.
Those playing instruments are probably just that, the court musicians.

As I posted, Africa has a very long history where great civilizations existed, died, and were either replaced by other great civilizations or reverted back to low forms of small tribes.

Although there is no trace of it today, following the patterns of other civilizations, I don't doubt in Africa's long history there have been great rulers who did have a dream of conquering the thousands of small tribes and unifying a good part, if not all of Africa.

We know that the Meroitic culture possessed an efficient government system, many skilled workers, and architectures that mirrored those of AE.
Meroe had a writing system and very likely used it to record it's daily activity as well as it's history. Unfortunately, not much of it survives.

-
 -

-

-

-

The city of Meroe occupied over one square mile of fertile ground and, at its height, was a great center of iron smelting, agriculture, and trade. Van De Mieroop writes, "The Ptolemies [of Egypt] and Romans wanted African goods such as hardwoods, ivory, other exotica, and animals including elephants. Those animals had become important in warfare" (340).
One of the earliest documented cases of political cooperation between the Kingdom of Meroe and the Ptolemaic Dynasty of Egypt, in fact, concerns Meroe supplying Egypt with elephants for war.
The iron industry of Meroe made the city as famous as its wealth and, of course, contributed greatly to that wealth as the iron workers of Meroe were considered the best, and iron tools and weapons were much sought after.

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Who are the blacks in the background dressed in European garb (suits), and in the far background to the right dressed in modernized African clothing?
The photo appears to be recent, taken in the mid-1900s.
I don't think you can trust this photo as representative of the typical garb worn throughout the Oba tribe.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

We know that the Meroitic culture possessed an efficient government system, many skilled workers, and architectures that mirrored those of AE.
Meroe had a writing system and very likely used it to record it's daily activity as well as it's history. Unfortunately, not much of it survives.

Africa north of the Sahara was one of the cradles of civilization, and is not an issue.

On the issue of tradesmen; Interestingly, North Africa had Sawmills before Europe north of the Mediterranean civilizations.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
quote:

LOL. Only an ignorant of African history person would pose such a question. Instances of metal and wood work in Africa are all over the net.

And you persist in the racist talk of "sub-Saharan Africa". Almost forgot, you define yourself oxymoronically as a "black European". Obviously you would be just as racist as many white Europeans. Mike, you must be very old because you never seem to learn.

This is why I can never figure out if lamin is an Albino Mole or just a very DUMB Negro!

lamin - REALLY???

You try to turn the onus of my challenge back on ME???
Even the most degenerate Albino would never try that on me.
Only a true dimwit would even think of such a thing.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Namerthoth,

If you are not an African--then what are you. Curious to know. Treat the question as you would treat similar questions about the definition of "Arab", "Jew", "Asian Indian", "Sino-Asian", etc.

African Sources:

History of Ghana, Mali, Songhay: http://africaworldpressbooks.com/the-timbuktu-chronicles-1493-1599-al-hajj-mahmud-katis-tarikh-al-fattish-edited-by-christopher-wise-translated-by-christopher-wise-hala-abu-taleb/

http://siiasi.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Tarikh-Introduction.pdfhttp://siiasi.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Tarikh-Introduction.pdf

Malian jurist and scholar: AHMED BABA

http://siiasi.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Tarikh-Introduction.pdf

Abyssinian Philosopher: Zara Yakub http://www.meskot.com/Ethio_Philosophers2.pdfhttp://www.meskot.com/Ethio_Philosophers2.pdf

In Contemporary times the writings of Cheikh Anta Diop and Theophile Obenga offer information on the languages of Africa. Diop's

Precolonial Black Africa offer much information of the dozens of scholars at the University of Sankore.

On a general History Of Africa--including its archeological history there are the UNESCO History of Africa--9 Volumes. First Volume on African Archaelogical history edited by historian Joseph Ki-Zerbo.

Cambridge History of Africa--8 Volumes. Articles by African scholars included.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
I don't think you can trust this photo as representative of the typical garb worn throughout the Oba tribe.
"Oba" means "ruler" or "king" in the Yoruba language. The Yorubas live mainly in Nigeria and Benin Republic. They are some 45 million in numbers. Note that the word "tribe" is a racist colonial term applied by the Europeans to people such as Africans, Native Americans and some Asian Indians.

In Europe, no one speaks of the Basque tribe or Gypsy tribe or Welsh tribe.

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
^ IMHO, Tribe means a small fraction of a country/continent, like China before unification was formed of many klans. Even after China unified, these klans still existed within the larger frame-work.
Africans divided into Nigerians, Ugandans, South Africans, are still stuck in this ancient Asian fractured frame-work, which is why studying ancient Africa is more difficult than studying Religion (Islam, Christianity, Judaism) or Asian history.

Africa cannot be viewed in the same context as Europe or The United States.
Although Europe is divided in nations, as the United States, they are both united whereas Africa is not.

I've studied all the source and more as you've listed, but these are recently established countries in Africa.

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ IMHO, Tribe means a small fraction of a country/continent, like China before unification was formed of many klans. Even after China unified, these klans still existed within the larger frame-work.
Africans divided into Nigerians, Ugandans, South Africans, are still stuck in this ancient Asian fractured frame-work, which is why studying ancient Africa is more difficult than studying Religion (Islam, Christianity, Judaism) or Asian history.

Although Europe is divided in nations, as the United States, they are both united whereas Africa is not.

I've studied all the source and more as you've listed, but these are recently established countries in Africa.

Europe is not united and never was wholly united lol, I don't know what you are talking about. Please ask Lithuanians for example, if they are Poles or if their country belongs to Poland. Or ask Danes if they have anything in common with Germans, or if the Welsh have anything to do with the rest of Europe, or the Northern Ireland with the rest of the British Isles, or Ukraine with Russia. Hell just look at what happened with the recent Crimean fiasco.

Not to mention Brexit, the various Basque separatist movements and various Central European countries splitting into several states, and the break up of yugoslavia and the 1991 Bosnian war showed that European albino's have not actually been that united at all......

Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Africa north of the Sahara was one of the cradles of civilization, and is not an issue.

On the issue of tradesmen; Interestingly, North Africa had Sawmills before Europe north of the Mediterranean civilizations.

Comeon shut it down with that fake fact.

Sudan is in the Sahara and extends southward.

For your information there are many Nigeria nationalities who are ethnic Sudanese.

So called Chad and Niger as well. Note too that Chad and Niger used to be parts of Sudan.

It is pathetic when you attempt to show expertise in a field where you are a neophyte...

Research MuuR!

-

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mindovermatter:
quote:

Europe is not united and never was wholly united lol, I don't know what you are talking about. Please ask Lithuanians for example, if they are Poles or if their country belongs to Poland. Or ask Danes if they have anything in common with Germans, or if the Welsh have anything to do with the rest of Europe, or the Northern Ireland with the rest of the British Isles, or Ukraine with Russia. Hell just look at what happened with the recent Crimean fiasco.

Not to mention Brexit, the various Basque separatist movements and various Central European countries splitting into several states, and the break up of yugoslavia and the 1991 Bosnian war showed that European albino's have not actually been that united at all......

teach them...
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
^ He's not teaching squat!

When it came time to carve Africa into chunks they were unified enough to meet and plan it's distribution.
They are unified enough to not only extract and take all of Africa's resources, but to keep Africa fragmented for they will never be capable of breaking free of their rule as small disorganized tribes.

Relative to Africa, every country in the world is unified.
The united states are broken into independent states, but they are still unified. Most of Europe is the same.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
UNESCO History of Africa is on line as PDF.

The Cambridge History of Africa VOL 1 is also on line PDF.

Right. Too many countries in Africa. Should be no more than 20. Single currencies and regional groupings make for more efficiency. But the AU is quiet on such matters.

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ He's not teaching squat!

When it came time to carve Africa into chunks they were unified enough to meet and plan it's distribution.
They are unified enough to not only extract and take all of Africa's resources, but to keep Africa fragmented for they will never be capable of breaking free of their rule as small disorganized tribes.

Relative to Africa, every country in the world is unified.
The united states are broken into independent states, but they are still unified. Most of Europe is the same.

Uh no, most of Europe is not the same and never was, if you don't believe me then go visit European forums. Only particular Western European countries did most of the colonizing. but even they were not united at the core when they were doing it.

For example Norway and the Baltic countries and Finland did not colonize African countries, and neither did the Austro-Hungarian empire, (which split up into several states BECAUSE IT BALKANIZED DUE TO DIFFERENT ALBINO EUROPEANS BEING FORCED TOGETHER!), and neither did the Polish-Lithuanian common-wealth or Russia.

And when the albino Europeans were colonizing Africa, they fought with each other for control of the colonies all the time and for land and competed with each other. A great example of this, is the Anglo-Boer wars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Boer_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War

Did you know that the Nazi concentration camp model was based off the Albino British concentration camps that the Brits had used on fellow Albino Dutch Afrikaan Boer prisoners of war and populations, and which they used to torture and kill them? Obviously not!

So no they never really "united" at all, this coalesced in World War I and World War II and why they needed to have even have a conference of Berlin in the first place!

Another example, the Brits fought several wars and skirmishes for control of Central Asia with RUSSIA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

Another example is when the European powers got hold on China, they fought with each other for control there and created separate territories for each particular Euro country, the Prussians had Qing Dao, the French/Brits had Shanghai, the Portugese had Macau, the Spanish had Taiwan etc etc etc. They did the same in the new world and Africa! They were never united at all!

The Brits also had to FORCE the Scots and Irish to ASSIMILATE AND CONQUER THEM INTO THEIR EMPIRE! The Brits even had Irish slave plantations and were responsible for the potato famine that led to the Irish being enslaved by the English in America for centuries after it happened.

BTW, Europe had a large INDIGENOUS NATIVE BLACK EUROPEAN POPULATION ALL THE WAY UP TO THE CLASSICAL PERIOD IN EUROPE! Mike has shown that there were Black European soldiers and explorers and traders deployed in the new world colonies of these European powers, so what happened cannot be solely the blame of non-whites but also the Black Europeans that acted as co-conspirators and co-opters in this grand imperial game, many leading European imperial families actually retained their "black" looks well into the 19th century.

So the picture is a lot more complex then simple black and White.

Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
MOM don't be such a ditz - When Albinos argue and fight, and kill millions of each other, it's called fallout among thieves. They are just naturally a violent murderous people.

But see how quickly they will put aside their differences to deal with Blacks or Mongols. Better yet - why don't you just read a good history book.

Look under the "Mongol invasion of Europe" and "the Partitioning of Africa."

I mean REALLY???
You didn't know THAT much?

Btw - ALL the important European powers carved up Africa: Belgian, Italian, British, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Germany.

Ethiopia and Liberia were the only ones spared - initially.

Greece and the Eastern European Countries were part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire: which already controlled North Africa, Arabia, and the Middle East.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
^^ Don't be such a show-off Mike.

Europeans did colonize and enslave one another even before they took that trip to Africa.

Search Rome.

England colonized Ireland and Scotland.

France colonized England in 1066 after the Norman invasion.

Italy colonized Sicily before it went to Africa to show off like you do sometimes.

Germany sought to colonize Poland, all the Slav republics including Russia, and this resulted in the 2nd World War.

Russia colonized Georgia, Abkhazia, Chechnya (now you know the reason for the Chechnya war, as well as Azerbiajan, Tajikistand, Turkemenistan etc.

Russia later colonized the entire East Europe and thrived off them till the fall of communism Search for the Hungarian and the Czech revolt.

There is so much you overlook, or don't know so humble up your self...

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
England colonized Greece. - 1814

England colonized Malta. 1814

--------------------
Lionz

Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
quote:
MOM don't be such a ditz - When Albinos argue and fight, and kill millions of each other, it's called fallout among thieves. They are just naturally a violent murderous people.

But see how quickly they will put aside their differences to deal with Blacks or Mongols. Better yet - why don't you just read a good history book.

Look under the "Mongol invasion of Europe" and "the Partitioning of Africa."

I mean REALLY???
You didn't know THAT much?

Btw - ALL the important European powers carved up Africa: Belgian, Italian, British, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Germany.

Ethiopia and Liberia were the only ones spared - initially.

Greece and the Eastern European Countries were part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire: which already controlled North Africa, Arabia, and the Middle East.

Uh I thought when the Mongols invaded Europe, there still were several Black European kingdoms and a BLACK EUROPEAN presence there, I mean it was before Benjamin Franklin's time period so.

Also the entirety of Eastern Europe wasn't colonized by the Ottoman empire, only the Balkans and the Ukraine region, and again the original Turks were a whitish looking people.

There was the Austro-Hungarian empire, the Russian empire and the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth, they all fought for control of Eastern to Central Europe and they fought with the Swedish, Prussian and Danish empires for control of the European peninsula.This was waaaay before Europeans started the scramble for Africa and engage in any colonialist ventures in the rest of the world.

Also several Euro kingdoms, even in places like France wanted to actually help and cooperate with the Mongols during their invasion. Search up the Franco-Mongol alliance, and even when the Mongols invaded, and even the Turks, Euro-kingdoms were still squabbling among each other for petty differences in Western Europe.

BTW, as I have said already, many of the Mongol soldiers WERE ACTUALLY WHITE! Yes the Mongols employed and used and were in alliance w/ various WHITE Turkic tribes.

The Mongols even had a albino Indo-European body guard contingent called the Alannic guard, they guarded and protected the Khans of the Mongol Empire, European Christian missionaries tried to convert them to Christanity during the middle ages. Many of the Mongol legion armies consisted entirely of white Turkic peoples like the Tartars and Uighurs etc etc

In various ancient reports of the armies of the Mongols, there were purported to be Blonde White looking soldiers within their various hordes. The Mongols employed and collaborated with many different peoples during their campaigns and empire building days....

Again the picture is more complex then what's told to us....

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
^ If you believe that Europe, the US and Israel are not unified, then just go and start a African unification revolution in and see how fast they come together to put their collective feet on African necks.
The only people in the world who aren't unified are Africans and African Americans, which is why Africans lose the continent and have never been able to recover it.
It's also the reason why Africa has NEVER asked for the return of the millions of Africans kidnapped from the continent.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ If you believe that Europe, the US and Israel are not unified, then just go and start a African unification revolution in and see how fast they come together to put their collective feet on African necks.
The only people in the world who aren't unified are Africans and African Americans, which is why Africans lose the continent and have never been able to recover it.
It's also the reason why Africa has NEVER asked for the return of the millions of Africans kidnapped from the continent.

Blacks in the U.S. are undoubtedly mostly of European extraction. The data to support that conclusion is already plentiful and available. The reason this is not generally known and accepted: is because the entire civil rights movement in the U.S. was based on all U.S. Blacks being one people, with one background (Africa), and one experience (Slavery). The racial cohesion and unity needed for a mass movement, was thus satisfied with those imbedded, and untrue beliefs. Note that the term "African American" is a new and modern term. The most obvious fallacy is that all U.S. Blacks were Slaves. Actually about 16-20% were always free, and in that group there were Slave owners. As we can see from the 1850 U.S. census, Whites were also Slaves.

The U.S. Black leadership has no interest in propagating these truths, because they fear that it might/probably will, dilute their power, as Africans and Black Europeans pursue their own separate histories.

Posts: 42934 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Ah yes - lioness the Afrocentric Black fronting Albino Mole.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As we can see from the 1850 U.S. census, Whites were also Slaves."

Finding an Irish Ancestor Using United States Records

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Finding_an_Irish_Ancestor_Using_United_States_Records

For African Americans?:

http://www.slavevoyages.org
quote:

How the Myth of the "Irish slaves" Became a Favorite Meme of Racists Online

Such is the case with the myth of "Irish slaves," an ahistorical reimagining of real events weaponized by racists and conspiracy theorists before the Web and now reaching vast new audiences online.

In short, the "Irish slaves" myth argues that the first slaves brought to the Americas were Irish, that they were white, and that this fact, covered up by liberal historians, undermines the legacy of the African slave trade and proves that modern theories of racial inferiority are true.

Predictably, this revisionism has attracted Neo-Nazis, White Nationalists, Neo-Confederates, and even Holocaust deniers, while racist trolls have deployed the myth to attack the Black Lives Matter movement. More worrisome, though, is its widespread adoption by principally American Internet users as if it were a point of "Irish pride."

Irish scholar Liam Hogan has been tracking and debunking this reincarnated meme since he first saw it in 2013. Last year, Hogan published an impressive five-part series exposing the myth and provided a detailed historical analysis of the origins and evolution of the meme.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/19/how-myth-irish-slaves-became-favorite-meme-racists-online

quote:

The unfree Irish in the Caribbean were indentured servants, not slaves

t’s a myth there were ‘Irish slaves’ in Barbados. As difficult as white servants’ experiences were, enslaved Africans were the people treated as livestock.

This is an op-ed by Liam Hogan, Laura McAtackney, and Matthew Connor Reilly. They write in response to what they call the myth of “Irish slaves” in the New World, which has recently entered the mainstream via social media.

This myth, conflating indentured servitude with racialised chattel slavery, has helped poison much of the public discourse about the legacy of the transatlantic slave trade, they said.

Today, they examine what is arguably the closest point between white servitude and black slavery, mid-17th century Barbados, and conclude that even there, these two forms of unfree labour cannot be equated.

A SPURIOUS GlobalResearch.ca article, first published in 2008, claims that an “Irish slave trade” was initiated in 1612 and abolished in 1839. It states that “Irish slaves” were treated worse than African slaves.

This article, which has been shared online at least one million times, is underpinned by a conspiracy theory which claims that “biased” historians are refusing to call indentured servants “slaves” for political reasons.

The fallout has been predictable. The myth is now a favoured derailment tactic for people who wish to shut down conversations about race and slavery. Many African Americans attest to encountering this myth, in person and online.

‘White slavery’

As the conversation about reparatory justice continues in the US and the Caribbean, those who proclaim the history of “white slavery” now claim a shared heritage of victimisation. They thus aim to vindicate themselves and their ancestors from any involvement in the processes of racial inequality or oppression in the past and the present.

This, in turn, fuels racial condemnation and racist sentiment toward those who bemoan racial inequality and oppression in the twenty-first century.

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/irish-slaves-myth-2369653-Oct2015/

quote:

"Slavery was deeply woven into the fabric of the United States and challenged the meaning of democracy. Enslaved people’s work formed an economic engine producing half of all U.S. exports and providing much of the financial capital and raw materials to spark industrialization. Bought and sold as property, enslaved people were valued at an estimated $2.7 billion in 1860.

Despite daily denials of their humanity, enslaved African Americans sustained a vision of freedom. They seasoned life with small pleasures and found ways to make food, family, dance, prayer, dress, and even work their own. These everyday acts helped build identity and a foundation for freedom. "

http://americanhistory.si.edu/changing-america-emancipation-proclamation-1863-and-march-washington-1963/1863/slavery-america
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
If you believe that Europe, the US and Israel are not unified, then just go and start a African unification revolution in and see how fast they come together to put their collective feet on African necks.

The West is never comfortable with Pan Africanists. Nkrumah was hounded down and was driven from power by U.S./CIA machinations hatched in the U.S. embassy in Ghana.

Amilcar Cabral was murdered by the Portuguese and French security forces. Same for Thomas Sankara who threatened change. He was murdered by the French by way if fried Blaise Campaoare. These 2 had Pan African programs to a certain extent.

Then the latest was North African Gadaffi. He supported the idea of Pan Africanism with cash thereby provoking opposition from the North African settler Arabs and the West. Obama,Hillary, Cameron and Sarkozy all conspired to destroy him and LIbya.

It was a collective Western/NATO effort.

Africa and Africans of the Americas

Liberia(4 million people)-- approx. same size as South Korea(50 million) was founded as the homeland for blacks in the Americas. But relatively few blacks settled there. Today, it's President is Americo-Liberian Helen Johnson-Sirleaf.

But some blacks from Brazil settled in Lagos, Nigeria and were called "Brazilian Yoruba". They are mostly absorbed into the Lagos population now. But the Afro-Brazilian architecture remains in the older parts of Lagos.

Other blacks from Brazil also settled in Benin Republic.

The fact is that most blacks in the Americas know very little about Africa and vice-versa. The erasure of collective memory by the Europeans has been quite effective. Even though in Brazil and pre-Castro Cuba West African cultural practices were an unconscious part of the black identity.

This is compounded by the fact that the majority of blacks in the Americas don't have the resources to travel to Africa and invest in business--as the Lebanese have done in West Africa. The British and French deliberately encouraged their migration to West Africa in the 1860s.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
One interesting issue in all of this is the color permutations that blacks in general have lived through ever since the first captive ship left the West African coast. From negro to colored to
black and back and forth. The interesting thing is no other group has experienced this "identity angst".

The African was transformed from an ethnic persona to pure biology as "negro" and "black"--post the 16th century. As a result there is a constant angst concerning this issue.

Yet other identities are not as fragile. An "Arab" is an Arab regardless of whether in Asia or Africa. Same for "Jew" whether Ashkenazi or Sephardic. But the race thing enters the picture again because Falasha Jews are not seen as truly kosher in Israel. Same for Arabs. An Arabic speaking Sudanese is seen first and last as black when they travel to North Africa or the so-called Middle East.

It's that 1/32--one drop rule at play. African genes were seen as so dysgenic that any trace of such would get the hypodescent punishment. That's why "passers" in the U.S. and Brazil had to avoid their darker relatives.

So how to distinguish between "black" and "African". That's the ongoing issue for some.

Take the President Obama's daughters who are some 25% non-African in rank genotype. Yet they would get lost in a crowd in any major African city--Dakar, Nairobi, Kano, Khartoum, etc.--but not in any major European or Asian city. Taxonomically, they are of generic African phenotype but some might not want to refer to them as "African girls".

But using "black" instead of "African" reduces them to pure biology bereft of human accoutrements. The children of African migrants to the U.S., for example,are they black and African or just one of the 2 alternatives?

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

Blacks in the U.S. are undoubtedly mostly of European extraction. The data to support that conclusion is already plentiful and available. The reason this is not generally known and accepted: is because the entire civil rights movement in the U.S. was based on all U.S. Blacks being one people, with one background (Africa), and one experience (Slavery). The racial cohesion and unity needed for a mass movement, was thus satisfied with those imbedded, and untrue beliefs. Note that the term "African American" is a new and modern term. The most obvious fallacy is that all U.S. Blacks were Slaves. Actually about 16-20% were always free, and in that group there were Slave owners. As we can see from the 1850 U.S. census, Whites were also Slaves.

The U.S. Black leadership has no interest in propagating these truths, because they fear that it might/probably will, dilute their power, as Africans and Black Europeans pursue their own separate histories.

LOL, you kill me! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

That is the Mikean theory....

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
"As we can see from the 1850 U.S. census, Whites were also Slaves."

You posted this quote, and then proceeded to post typically bogus Albino articles attempting to refute it.

A generous person would attribute your actions to simple ignorance, but I don't see how.

The statement clearly says that the 1850 census tells the story. So wouldn't a sensible person simply look-up the 1850 census to see what it says?

Since that seems too much effort for you, I took the liberty:

-

As you can see in schedule 1 - free inhabitants

It asks for a description - and gives the choices for COLOR:
White - Black - or Mulatto.

As you can see in schedule 2 - SLAVES

IT ALSO ASKS FOR THE "COLOR" OF THE SLAVE, WITH NO RESTRICTION IMPLIED FROM THE ORIGINAL MEANING.

For those needing further proof, there are these Photographs of Albino Slaves.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

t’s a myth there were ‘Irish slaves’ in Barbados. As difficult as white servants’ experiences were, enslaved Africans were the people treated as livestock.

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Misc/Barbados/Barbados.htm

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Misc/Jamaica/Jamaica.htm

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
^^Ish speaks from both sides of the mouth sometimes making it hard to understand him...

--------------------
Lionz

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

LOL, you kill me! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

That is the Mikean theory....

Back in the day Black European slave masters had Irish people picking cotton,
look it up. That's what these albinos dont want to tell you

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

How the Myth of the "Irish slaves" Became a Favorite Meme of Racists Online

Such is the case with the myth of "Irish slaves," an a historical reimagining of real events weaponized by racists and conspiracy theorists before the Web and now reaching vast new audiences online.

In short, the "Irish slaves" myth argues that the first slaves brought to the Americas were Irish, that they were white, and that this fact, covered up by liberal historians, undermines the legacy of the African slave trade and proves that modern theories of racial inferiority are true.

Predictably, this revisionism has attracted Neo-Nazis, White Nationalists, Neo-Confederates, and even Holocaust deniers, while racist trolls have deployed the myth to attack the Black Lives Matter movement. More worrisome, though, is its widespread adoption by principally American Internet users as if it were a point of "Irish pride."

Irish scholar Liam Hogan has been tracking and debunking this reincarnated meme since he first saw it in 2013. Last year, Hogan published an impressive five-part series exposing the myth and provided a detailed historical analysis of the origins and evolution of the meme.

Knowing that many Blacks are poor readers, Albinos often try to sneak stuff past us in text.

Note the quote above: "undermines the legacy of the African slave trade and proves that modern theories of racial inferiority are true."

HOW?

If there were White Slaves and Black Slaves, then wouldn't THAT prove that Slavery was just a matter of circumstance NOT Race?

But of course what those Crackers are really trying to do is remove the STIGMA of Slavery from themselves.

For you see - regardless of the Bullsh1t, Slavery IS equated with being "LESS THAN": and RIGHTLY SO!

Whether I derive from Native American or European, one of by ancestors FUCHED-UP. He got beaten and enslaved - no way to get around that.

The Crackers know that, that's why they are loath to admit that there were Albino Slaves.

Because don't forget, the whole of the Albino Rabbles self-image and self-worth is in their cherished belief that as wretched as they are, they are still better than Niggers.

Since the truth tends to show their belief to be unfounded, they tend to develop alternative histories which support their fantasy.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Knowing that many Blacks are poor readers, Albinos often try to sneak stuff past us in text.

Isn't that a myth, you just said blacks are better educated in the other thread
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
 -

Birth: 1858
Rectortown
Fauquier County
Virginia, USA
Death: unknown
New York, USA

Slave child - She was one of the most photographed of the "slave children" who were used as propaganda tools by abolitionists during the Civil War. These children had very light complexion but because they were of a mixed black/white relationship, they were automatically considered black regardless of their skin color, features or amount of "black blood" they possessed. Many of these children were able to pass as white after the Civil War. Fannie was considered an "octoroon", or someone with 1/8th black African ancestry.

Little is known about Fannie Virginia Casseopia Lawrence seen in the CDV pictures that accompany this memorial. Her birth name was "Fannie" Fletcher. Her mother was a freed slave named Mary Fletcher and her father, reportedly, was Charles Rufus Ayres, the owner of the plantation where she was born. The name Fannie Virginia Casseopia Lawrence was the name given to her when she was baptized in New York. It is thought that her middle name of Virginia was given to her as that was were she was born. And the Lawrence is obviously due to the woman who redeemed her from slavery, Miss Catherine S. Lawrence. It seems obvious that she had a white father and probably other white ancestors as she could have passed for white. The caption on the Carte de' Vista (CDV)photographs states, "Fannie Virginia Casseopia Lawrence: A redeemed Slave Child, 5 years of age. Redeemed in Virginia by Catherine S. Lawrence, baptized at Plymouth Church, by Henry Ward Beecher, May 1863." Beecher of course was one of the leading abolitionist spokesmen and noted preachers in the United States and brother to Harriett Beecher Stowe, the author of "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Stowe was the first pastor of this church and remained as such until his death in 1887. Due to his ardent abolitionist beliefs, he was a major player in slave's rights and his church figured prominently in the "Underground Railroad".

The CDV portraits attached to this memorial were copyrighted and distributed commercially in the 1860's to raise funds, presumably for more slave redemption's. Fannie was probably obtained in an area of Virginia occupied by Union military forces. It is believed she was a "freed" slave child after her purported father, was killed by a neighbor who shot him.

The Flicker website had a study of one of her pictures with a quote from Pastor Beecher's sermon as follows:
"The accounts of Fanny Lawrence's presentation and baptism at Plymouth Church in 1863 suggest that Beecher pressed this argument still further. Every account of Fanny's appearance reads much like the following, penned in the dramatic tones of sentimental fiction:
'When the audience supposed that the ceremony was ended, Mr. Beecher carried up into the pulpit a little girl about five years of age, of sweet face, large eyes, light hair, and fair as a lily. Pausing a moment to conquer his emotion, he sent a shiver of horror through the congregation by saying "This child was born a slave, and is just redeemed from slavery!" It is impossible to describe the effect of this announcement. The fact seemed so incredible and so atrocious that at first, the spectators held their breath in their amazement, and were then melted to tears.'"

"Beecher then addressed his audience, explaining that the child, baptized Fanny Virginia Casseopia Lawrence, had been discovered 'sore and tattered and unclean' by a nurse tending Union soldiers in Fairfax, Virginia, who adopted Fanny as her own(Catharine S. Lawrence). 'Look upon this child,' said Beecher, 'tell me if you ever saw a fairer, sweeter face?' Beecher then made explicit the fate that awaited little girls like Fanny. "This is a sample of slavery which clutches for itself everything fair and attractive," he explained. 'The loveliness of this face, the beauty of this figure, would only make her so much more valuable for lust.' Fanny was presented as a white-looking female rescued from the grips of a lecherous slaveholder. Beecher's rhetoric ... also placed Fanny alongside the children of his own congregation, bemoaning slavery's trespasses not upon black children but on 'fair and attractive' white ones. While their children were sheltered from the ravages of slavery, he intoned, Fanny (until 'redeemed') had been left exposed".

Miss Lawrence raised Fannie as her own child. Fannie married while in her teens against Miss Lawrence's wishes, bore two children and died young, before 1895. The location of her remains are unknown but it is assumed she is buried in New York.

-
Fannie Virginia Casseopia Lawrence, a redeemed slave child, five years of age as she appeared when found in slavery. Redeemed in Virginia by Catharine [i.e., Catherine] S. Lawrence; baptized in Brooklyn, at Plymouth Church by Henry Ward Beecher, May 1863
Digital ID: (digital file from original item, front) ppmsca 11480 http://

-

https://appetite4history.com/2016/11/22/the-redeemed-slave-child/

A few weeks ago, while researching something entirely different, I stumbled across the story of Fannie Virginia Casseopia Lawrence. Widely known in the 1860s as a “redeemed slave child,” Fannie was a poster child for the abolitionist movement.

At this point, you might be thinking, “Slave child? Isn’t that little girl white?” No, despite her fair complexion and light brown hair, she’s not. In the mid-1800s, when Fannie was born to a mulatto slave mother and a white slave owner, she would have been described as an “octoroon,” or someone who is one-eighth black.

At the time, terms like quadroon, octoroon and quintroon were used to describe people who were one-fourth, one-eighth and one-sixteenth black. Regardless of how white Fannie appeared or how little African ancestry she actually had, she was considered black.

Fannie, posed in prayer. R.S. De Lamater, photographer, Hartford, CT. (Library of Congress)
You can find many carte-de-visite photographs of Fannie online, including on the Library of Congress website. In the photos, the cherubic child is photographed in various poses, among them kneeling to pray while clad in an angelic, white nightgown.

Because these photos were used as anti-slavery propaganda, this was all about strategy — not only the sweet, innocent pose, but also because Fannie appears to be white. The thinking was that one might be more apt to support the cause, emotionally and monetarily, if one could imagine that praying child as one of their own.

But who was Fannie?

There’s an entry on FindAGrave.com about Fannie, written by a Rick Lawrence, who may or may not be a relative (he didn’t respond to my message). According to Lawrence, Fannie was born in 1858 in Rectortown, Fauquier County, Va.

Fannie’s mom was said to be a slave named Mary Fletcher and her dad was reportedly Fletcher’s owner, Charles Ayres. Ayres, who went by the middle name “Rufus,” was a white lawyer and farmer.

As described by William Page Johnson II, who wrote an article about Fannie and her family for the Historic Fairfax City newsletter in 2015, “Like many slaveholders, Rufus, who was unmarried, took full advantage of the relationship and had at least three children by his slaves Mary Fletcher, Jane Payne, and Ann Gleaves.

“However, unlike most slaveholders, he acknowledged them and provided for them in his last will and testament.”

In November 1859, that will came into play when Ayres was killed by a neighbor. An article headlined “Fatal Affair” in Richmond’s Daily Dispatch states that Ayres was “shot and instantly killed” by James Phillips, and that “the difficulty between them originated about the location of a road.

“Ayres struck Phillips with a cowhide, when the latter drew a pistol and shot Ayres, killing him on the spot.”

A subsequent article in the Alexandria Gazette and Virginia Advertiser describes a more drawn-out incident, involving multiple locations and an additional suspect or two, but the end result is the same: Ayres is dead.

(Both of these articles can be found in the Library of Congress newspaper archive, Chronicling America. Just search for Virginia, the year 1859 and Ayres.)

After Ayres death, the aforementioned slave women and the children Ayres fathered with them were freed. Unfortunately, because of laws at the time, that also meant they had to leave the state of Virginia. Because Mary Fletcher was married to another slave and had other children who were not freed upon Ayres’s death, she chose to remain enslaved.

But during the Civil War, in 1862, Mary Fletcher, Fannie and several other slaves, including others named in Ayres’s will that remained in slavery, escaped. There’s a long, detailed description of the escape in Johnson’s story, but in short, the group flees to Union territory.

What happens to Fannie’s mom after this is uncertain — Johnson includes some theories in his article — but Fannie ends up being adopted by a Civil War nurse named Catharine Lawrence. Lawrence was acquainted with the Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, abolitionist brother of Harriett Beecher Stowe, who wrote “Uncle Tom’s Cabin.”

Lawrence takes Fannie, who’s about 5 years old at the time, to New York. There, she’s baptized by Beecher as “Fannie Virginia Casseopia Lawrence.” It was at this point that Fannie’s “career” as a “redeemed slave child” began.

According to Johnson, before baptizing Fannie, Beecher held her up to his congregation, declaring dramatically, “This child was born a slave, and is redeemed from slavery!” upon which there was an “audible gasp from the astonished, and equally horrified parishioners, who assumed the child to be white.”

Johnson goes on to write that Beecher told his congregation of the terrible fate awaiting Fannie, had she not been adopted by Lawrence. Because of Fannie’s “near-white complexion,” Johnson writes, “Fann[ie], and others like her, were in danger of being abused by their white masters, or worse, being sold as Fancy Girls, a 19th century euphemism for light skinned slave prostitutes, which were then common in New Orleans.”

Or as Beecher put it:

… Look upon this child. Tell me have you ever seen a fairer, sweeter face? This is a sample of the slavery which absorbs into itself everything fair and attractive. The loveliness of this child would only make her so much more valuable as chattel; For while your children are brought up to fear and serve the Lord, this one, just as beautiful, would be made through slavery a child of damnation.

It was an effective ploy, albeit for the good cause of ending slavery.

-

Sometime shortly after that, photos of Fannie were taken and widely distributed. As Johnson tells it, the pictures were “wildly popular in the North, making Fannie the most photographed slave child in history.”

While Johnson doesn’t say Fannie was abused or neglected in any way, he describes the tactics Beecher and Lawrence used as “exploitive.”

According to the Find A Grave entry, Lawrence raised Fannie “as her own child.” This is supported by the 1865 New York census, which shows a 6-year-old Fannie living in the town of Schoharie with Lawrence and her older brother, Henry Lawrence, a farmer.

Find A Grave also states Fannie married while in her teens and had two children. Johnson’s research led him to this quote by Lawrence, which supports this and also suggests the marriage was not a good one:

The little one that I adopted and educated, married one whom I opposed, knowing his reckless life rendered him wholly unfit for one like her. When sick and among strangers, he deserted her and an infant daughter and eloped with a woman, who left her husband and two small children.

Fannie is believed to have died sometime before 1895. Her burial site is unknown, although it’s believed to be somewhere in New York.

You can read Johnson’s article, in its well-researched entirety, [URL= here ]here[/URL] . It includes a lot more information about Fannie and her family, including the story of her older sisters, who also were brought north and adopted, but to even less happy endings.

And here , you can read an NPR story about other children who were photographed for anti-slavery campaigns.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Octroon? But y'all are Octroons, no real albinos left no more. They died out years ago....

--------------------
Lionz

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Octroon? But y'all are Octroons, no real albinos left no more. They died out years ago....

He,he,he,he:

You would think so, but lately I have been seeing Albino children who are "Throwbacks". When I was a kid, White kids weren't THAT White.

And I'm noticing on the Television, where Albinos used to use "darkening" make-up, they are now using lighter make-up.

I assume that is because in the old days Blacks showed up way darker than real life in media, because they had to de-focus and darken to make Albinos look good. And now Blacks started to complain, forcing different camera settings.

So it seems some Albinos are just saying "fuch-it" I'll go with my natural color.

Which is probably the best way - after all, look how ridiculous Trump and a certain News anchor look around the eyes.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Misc/Barbados/Barbados.htm

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Misc/Jamaica/Jamaica.htm

Show me the voyages, ...

Next, explain why Irish kept their heritage, name and culture.

These folks are abviously speak of white folks. Or as you call them albinos. That is logic.

quote:
^^Ish speaks from both sides of the mouth sometimes making it hard to understand him...

Nothing is too complex, here. It is all logic.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009436;p=1#000006

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

Nothing is too complex, here. It is all logic.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006899;p=1#000000

Seen, seen. [Smile] [Wink]
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
^That was the wrong link, there is an undated link in my previous post.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
^That was the wrong link, there is an undated link in my previous post.

said!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com