EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Does aethiope really mean burnt face?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does aethiope really mean burnt face?
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so far in my research in ancient Greek literature i have not found a single shred of evidence to prove this so called etymology

the roots of the "burnt face" theory so far as i have researched only goes back to the 15th and the 16th century

no greek so far has made this claim

i conjecture that it is an old word for the tropics and tropical people

what do you all think [Confused]

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^That definition was so widely dispersed that I too fell for it, until I found out that the original Greeks were Black people that is.

Now its just another sick example of how Albinos use their media to propagate their lie/fantasy histories.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you mean by original Greeks?

the Ancient Greeks distinguish themselves from blacks

ancient Greeks saw themselves as an in between race of people (bronze) neither black or white

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the questioner:

ancient Greeks saw themselves as an in between race of people (bronze) neither black or white

-
Minoan fisherman

-

you have to understand Mike considers the above to be Black people

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White people lie about the Greeks.The Original Greeks were Black African people.

-

-

Aeschylus describes Epaphos as "swarthy of hue" or dark skinned and that he originally lived in Africa.

There are many light skinned Africans who have never mixed with Europeans. Apollo is chrysaeros 'bearing a golden sword'

Artemis is eustephanos which has no relation to fair

Neptune is kyanochaites 'bluish or Blackish like dark deep waves of the ocean

Achilles is xanthos 'brown'

The Afro-Greeks were not called Ethiopian. They were native to Greece when the Indo-Europeans came to Greece, Homer, who was an Afro-Greek refered to his people as xanthos (brown) in color.

The earliest inhabitants of Greece and the Aegean Islands were Blacks from ancient Libya, Palestine, and Asia Minor. These Blacks founded Athens, Thebes Thera and Attica. They occupied much of the mainland and all the Aegean Islands.

-

These Blacks are frequently depicted in the art associated with the so-called Dark Ages (1200-600 BC). There are also fine frescos from Thera (Sanorin) Island which illustrate one of the Agean cities occupied by these Blacks during the 16th and 15th centuries BC.

This is one of the Thera Frescos. Note the busy atmosphere Associated with the Pelasgian cities during the 16th Century BC

Although these people of the Heroic age came from diverse origins, the Aryan-Greeks called them Pelasgians. According to the Greeks, the first man was Pelasgus--ancestor of the Pelasgians. The Pelasgians were a combination of different Black tribes called Achaeans, Cadmeans, Leleges, Carians or Garamantes.
The term Pelasgian was applied to all these pre-Hellenic inhabitants of Greece. R.J. Hopper, in

The Early Greeks, noted that "indeed the classical Greeks believed in the separate existence of diverse ethnic elements side by side, and thought particularly of the Pelasgians in this connection".

According to tradition, the Pelasgians inhabited Arcadia and many Aegean Islands. These Blacks took their own writing to Greece which was later used by the Aryan-Greeks. According to Herodotus quadrigas or four-horse chariots were introduced to Greeks by the Libyans .

The Aryan-Greeks adopted the language of the Pelasgians and Egyptians. The linguistic evidence shows that there was a differentiation of Greece into East Greek and West Greek. The Black Greeks spoke East Greek (Achaioi or Achaean). West Greek was spoken by the Dorian or Aryan Greeks. The earliest Aryan tribe called Ionians spoke a dialect of East Greek called Aeolic.

Many classical scholars teach the world that the Greek language is entirely Indo-European. This view of Greek is wrong.

Dr. Anna Morpurgo Davies, has made it clear that "less than 40% of the words which have an Indo-European etymology". According to Dr. Davies, 52.2 % of the Greek terms in Chantraine's Dictionnaire Etymologique de la langue Grecque (1968) have an unknown etymology. The mixed nature of the Greek language results from the early settlement of the Aegean by Blacks from Africa.

Some of these words are of African origin. Robert K.G. Temple, in The Sirius Mystery, shows that many of the most common words of the Greek vocabulary are of Egyptian origin. Diop (1991) has also discussed the Egyptian origin for many Greek terms.

The Xanthos or Palasgians of Thera

-

The Greeks often called the first inhabitants of Greece Pelasgians. The Greek writers claimed that Pelasgus, the great ancestor of the Pelasgians was the first man. The Pelasgians were a combination of diverse Black tribes which included the Achaeans , Kadmeans, and Leleges.

The Garamantes were also often called Pelasgians by some classical writers. Strabo said "that the Pelasgi, as indeed the most ancient nation, were diffused through all Greece, and especially among the Aeolians".

The city of Argo was founded by Phoroneus, the father of Pelasgus, Iasus and Agenor. It was these folks who divided the Peloponnese between them.

Herodotus referred to the Pelasgians as "venerable ancestors". He said that the first Athenians "they were Pelasgi, the later possessing the country now designed Hellas". The Pelasgian founding of Athens is also noted by Plutarch in Theseus 12, and Ovid in Metamorphosis vii.402ff. According to Herodotus vii.91, the Pelasgians also founded Thebes in Europe. Pausanias, noted that "The Arcadians make mention of Pelasgus as the first person who existed in their country. From this king the whole region took the name Pilasgia". Hopper noted that the Pelasgians founded Attica.

The Black immigrants from Canaan were also settled in the Aegean at Argolis. They called themselves the "Sons of Abas". Many of the Melampodes later took part of Argolis away from the Canaanites.

The earliest Greek alphabet was made by the Pelasgians, it was lost and later reintroduced by Kadmus to Boeotia. Another Pelasgian, Evander of Arcadia introduced writing to the Italians. This script was used to make the first fifteen characters of the Latin script according to Pliny and Plutarch.

Pelasgians from Thera

-

-

Pliny says that one of the Aegean scripts was created by an Egyptian named Menos. An Egyptian creation of one of the early Greek alphabets is not out of the question because the early Predynastic Egyptians used the Proto-Saharan script as did the founders of the 12th Dynasty. Moreover, the Tiles of Rameses II, published by F. Hitching, in The Mysterious World, are analogous to the early Greek characters.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
i am referring to the hellas Greeks

on their coins they are depicted as having European or Semitic features

but please everybody stay on topic

--------------------
Questions expose liars

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

For this reason the human race is so arranged that its practices and features vary: nations are fashioned with their own particular complexions; and each stamps with a character of it's own like nature and anatomy of the human body which all share. Germany, towering high with tall off-spring, is blond: Gaul is tinged to a less degree with a near related redness; hardier Spain breeds close knit, sturdy limbs. The Father of the city endows the Romans with the features of Mars, and Venus joining the War-God fashions them with well-proportioned limbs. Quick witted Greece proclaims in the tanned faces of it's people the gymnasium and the manly wrestling schools. Curly hair about the temples betrays the Syrian.
The Ethiopians stain the world and depict a race of men steeped in darkness; less sun-burnt are the natives of India; the land of Egypt, flooded by the Nile, darkens bodies more mildly owing to the inundation of its fields: it it a country nearer to us and its moderate climate imparts a medium tone. The Sun-God dries up with dust the tribes of Africans amid their desert lands; the Moors derive their name from their faces, and their identity is proclaimed by the colour of their skins.

--Manilius Astronomica Book IV (lines 700-744) 4.724
translated by G.P. Goold
Harvard University Press 1977

-
The Marathon Youth, 4th-century BC bronze statue,
"Antikythera Ephebe"

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
the lioness

Marcus Manilius is roman not Greek
please explain
how is he relevant the the etymology of Ethiopia?

also could you please post the quote in its original latin form

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ha,ha,ha,ha:

You're referring to that silly Wiki article.

I debunked that nonsense years ago.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
the lioness

please explain

It shows how in the classical tradition the sun burnt metaphor is used

Ancient Greek Αἰθίοψ ‎(Aithíops),

from αἴθω ‎(aíthō, “burn”)

+ ὤψ ‎(ṓps, “face”).

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Lioness is a troll and a liar, do not waste your time disputing her/his cut and paste posts. They are intended to elicit response, nothing more.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Mike so the questioner knows what you are talking about,
quote me.
Otherwise be quiet

thanks, lioness

I put up the Greek breakdown in Greek, in Greek

so there's no point in running from it, I'm putting up content, you're not, just crying

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
quote:

Ha,ha,ha,ha:

You're referring to that silly Wiki article.

I debunked that nonsense years ago.

I suppose it's necessary to go over this stuff every year or so.
It's too much to cut and paste, please see...

Deconstructing an Albino Lie - that lie being that the word Aethiopia = Ethiopia: Meaning "Burnt Face".

On the linked page.

The Wiki article from "White people"
Antiquity and Middle Ages: Occasional physical description - is also debunked.

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Misc/The_mind/Conditioning_of_the_mind.htm

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
Mike so the questioner knows what you are talking about,
quote me.
Otherwise be quiet

thanks, lioness

I put up the Greek breakdown in Greek, in Greek

so there's no point in putting our head in the sand

Marcus Manilius was roman not Greek
the Romans did not invent the word Ethiopia

(he also said nothing about burnt face)

καίω(kaió) is the real Greek word for burn

aithos means bright or burn brightly

i want to know if an ancient Greek supports this etymology

Samuel purchase says that it means "beyond city of Thebes" ai-thiopes

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
so far in my research in ancient Greek literature i have not found a single shred of evidence to prove this so called etymology

the roots of the "burnt face" theory so far as i have researched only goes back to the 15th and the 16th century

The original root of many words are uncertain.
For arguments sake lets say, as per the Greeks, the roots of 'aethiope' referred to a people of a specific location or some other reason rather than having sun tanned looking skin as mentioned by the Romans, then what is the significance of it?

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
rather than having sun tanned looking skin as mentioned by the Romans, then what is the significance of it?

That is a big Donald Trump type lie;

There is no such Roman quote.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
the lioness

please explain

It shows how in the classical tradition the sun burnt metaphor is used

Ancient Greek Αἰθίοψ ‎(Aithíops),

from αἴθω ‎(aíthō, “burn”)

+ ὤψ ‎(ṓps, “face”).

Prosopo is Greek for face not ops.

Enkavama (pronounced Eiyeyema) (or kaio) is Greek for burn for aithos.

Any MUUR questions?

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=translate%20face%20to%20greek

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

The original root of many words are uncertain.
For arguments sake lets say, as per the Greeks, the roots of 'aethiope' referred to a people of a specific location or some other reason rather than having sun tanned looking skin as mentioned by the Romans, then what is the significance of it?

-

So modern Greeks are the same people as the Minoan?

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Minoan mtDNA haplotypes resembled those of the European populations (Figs 2b, 3a and 4; Supplementary Figs S1–S3). The majority of Minoans were classified in haplogroups H (43.2%) , ... Given that the timing of the first Neolithic inhabitants to reach Crete 9,000 YBP coincides with the migration of Neolithic farmers out of Anatolia , it is highly probable that the same ancestral population that spread to Europe, also spread to Crete and contributed to the founding of the early Minoan civilization.
http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms2871

quote:
Haplogroup H dominates present-day Western European mitochondrial DNA variability (>40%), yet was less common (~19%) among Early Neolithic farmers (~5450 BC) and virtually absent in Mesolithic hunter-gatherers. Here we investigate this major component of the maternal population history of modern Europeans and sequence 39 complete haplogroup H mitochondrial genomes from ancient human remains. We then compare this 'real-time' genetic data with cultural changes taking place between the Early Neolithic (~5450 BC) and Bronze Age (~2200 BC) in Central Europe. Our results reveal that the current diversity and distribution of haplogroup H were largely established by the Mid Neolithic (~4000 BC), but with substantial genetic contributions from subsequent pan-European cultures such as the Bell Beakers expanding out of Iberia in the Late Neolithic (~2800 BC). Dated haplogroup H genomes allow us to reconstruct the recent evolutionary history of haplogroup H and reveal a mutation rate 45% higher than current estimates for human mitochondria.
--Brotherton P1, Haak W, Templeton J,

Nat Commun. 2013;4:1764. doi: 10.1038/ncomms2656.

Neolithic mitochondrial haplogroup H genomes and the genetic origins of Europeans.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23612305

-
http://tudasbazis.sulinet.hu/hu/tarsadalomtudomanyok/tortenelem/eletmodtortenet-oskor-es-okor/ritusok-a-korai-termelo-kulturakban/gimszarvasvadaszatot-abrazolo-festmeny-catal-huyuk -i-e-5800-k

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Göbekli Tepe - 11,500 B.C. Which is a hilltop sanctuary built on the highest point of an elongated mountain ridge about 15km northeast of the town of Şanlıurfa (Urfa) in southeast Turkey.

German Archaeologist Klaus Schmidt discovered: Gobeki Tepe.

This is actually what the author, German Archaeologist Klaus Schmidt mentioned.

quote:
..."and would have attracted hunter-gatherers from Africa and the Levant."...

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/gobekli-tepe.html?device=ipad

quote:

In addition, the Neolithic revolution was assumed to arise in the late Pleistocene Natufians and subsequently spread into Anatolia and Europe (Bar-Yosef 2002), and the first Anatolian farmers, Neolithic to Bronze Age Mediterraneans and to some degree other Neolithic-Bronze Age Europeans, show morphological affinities with the Natufians (and indirectly with sub-Saharan populations; Angel 1972; Brace et al. 2005), in concordance with a process of demie diffusion accompanying the
extension of the Neolithic revolution (Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1994)."

--Cranial Discrete Traits in a Byzantine Population and Eastern Mediterranean Population Movements
F. X. Ricaut, M. Waelkens. Human Biology, Volume 80, Number 5, October 2008, pp. 535-564

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

-

lioness, who is that?

I don't recall saying anything about this boy.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-
Maximo

lioness, who is that?

I don't recall saying anything about this boy.

Maximo
 -

Maximo & Bartola, both suffering from microcephaly, you and Clyde say these people are black.
At top Maximo at a younger age

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Oh you mean this couple:

Ya, they're Black.

Unless you know some other type of people with this general type.

-

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what black variety that couple descended from as they have a Polynesian vibe to their look,its interesting comparing various black Indians to one another and Africans as they don't look all that different, I came upon this image of a piegan an black foot looking up info on some black Indians wearing dreads.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/20/80/3f/20803f89bef78b44c4a600058c99f00b.jpg

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Idcirco in varias leges variasque figuras
dispositum genus est hominum, proprioque colore
formantur gentes, sociataque iura per artus
materiamque parem privato foedere signant.
flava per ingentis surgit Germania partus, 715
Gallia vicino minus est infecta rubore,
asperior solidos Hispania contrahit artus.
Martia Romanis urbis pater induit ora
Gradivumque Venus miscens bene temperat artus,
perque coloratas subtilis Graecia gentes 720
gymnasium praefert vultu fortisque palaestras,
et Syriam produnt torti per tempora crines.
Aethiopes maculant orbem tenebrisque figurant
perfusas hominum gentes; minus India tostos
progenerat; 725a
tellusque natans Aegyptia Nilo 726b
lenius irriguis infuscat corpora campis
iam propior 726a
mediumque facit moderata tenorem. 725b
Phoebus harenosis Afrorum pulvere terris 728
exsiccat populos, et Mauretania nomen
oris habet titulumque suo fert ipsa colore.

marcus manilius uses the word tostus not
holocaustum

tostus means cooked or heated in reference to the climate not people

holocaustum means burnt

please try again

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
I wonder what black variety that couple descended from as they have a Polynesian vibe to their look,its interesting comparing various black Indians to one another and Africans as they don't look all that different, I came upon this image of a piegan an black foot looking up info on some black Indians wearing dreads.

Albinos have trained you to view MULATTOES as original people because they are closer in appearance to Albinos, and thus give credence to Albino lie/fantasy history and false identification of what were Black original people.

In this case you mentioned Polynesians;

Wiki: Geographically, the Polynesian Triangle is drawn by connecting the points of Hawaii, New Zealand and Easter Island. The other main island groups located within the Polynesian Triangle are Samoa, Tonga, the Cook Islands, Tuvalu, Tokelau, Niue, Wallis and Futuna and French Polynesia.

-

-

There is actually no difference between Pacific peoples, they're all just ordinary Black people.

What the Albinos are doing is breaking them up by level of MULATTOHOOD!

-

-

-

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
the lioness

also marcus manilius is a very uncertain writer because no ancient writer ever spoke about him

he could be a medieval fake

please do research on him

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/20/80/3f/20803f89bef78b44c4a600058c99f00b.jpg

They look like the Ocos. The original people who lived in Mexico.

Copyright© Clyde Winters

Meso-America is the geographical name for Mexico and the countries of Central America. Today people believe that the Blacks of Mexico and the Blacks of Guatemala, Hondurus and Belize are the descendants of Sub-Saharan African (SSA) slaves taken to Mexico during the Atlantic Slave trade.This is false.

The Black Costa Chicas or negrocostachicanos in a region where numerous artifacts have been found that indicate that Black cultures trives in Western Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala almost 2000 years before the Olmec sailed to mexico from Africa and landed on the Gulf coast of Mexico.

In Belize , around 2500 B.C., we see evidence of agriculture. The iconography of this period depicts Africoids. And at Izapa in 1358 B.C., astronomer-priests invented the first American calendar. In addition numerous sculptures of blacks dating to the 2nd millennium B.C, have been found at La Venta, Chiapas, Teotihuacan and Tlatilco.

-
Chiapas Blacks

The earliest culture founded by Blacks in the Pacific coats region was the Mokaya tradition. The Mokaya tradition was situated on the Pacific coast of Mexico in the Soconusco region. Sedentary village life began as early as 2000BC. By 1700-1500 BC we see many African communities in the Mazatan region. This is called the Barra phase or Ocos complex.

During the Barra phase these Blacks built villages amd made beautiful ceramic vessels often with three legs. They also made a large number of effigy vessels.

The figurines of the Ocos are the most significant evidence for Blacks living in the area during this period. The female figurine from Aquiles Serdan is clearly that of an African woman.
 -
Ocos Female

The Blacks of the Mokaya traditions were not Olmec. The civilization of the Mokaya traditions began 700 years before the Olmec arrived in Mexico.

-
Cherla

In most history text the Ocos are presented as the original founders of Mayan civilization. As you can see from the art they do not look like native Americans they look negro like other Africans.

Researchers have suggested that Sub-Saharan Africans (SSA) were among the first Americans (1-6). Spanish explorers found Sub-Saharan African communities in Mexico when they arrived (1,7).

Sub-Saharan Africans were living in Mexico in 1492 (1-2). These SSA were trading with the mongoloid Amerindians, in addition to having their own settlements in the Americas. Amerigo Vespucci met African merchants on their way back to West Africa in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean (7).

Much of what we know about African nautical sciences comes from Vaco da Gama. Vasco da Gama is said to have found information about the West Indies from Ahmad b. Majid, a West African he met during his travels along the West Coast of Africa (8). Da Gama claimed that ibn Majid wrote a handbook of navigation on the Indian Ocean, the Red Sea, the Persian Gulf, Sea of Southern China and the waters around the West Indian Islands. Majid is also said to be the inventor of the compass (8-9).

The Spanish left us mention of many Sub-Saharan Communities in Central America and Mexico (10-11). These dark skinned Indians were Africans not mongoloid Indians. Paul Gaffarel noted that when Balboa reached America he found "negre veritables" or true Blacks(12). Balboa noted "...Indian traditions of Mexico and Central America indicate that Negroes were among the first occupants of that territory” (12)." This is probably why so many Mexicans have "African faces “ .

In addition, eyewitness accounts of SSA populations in the Caribbean, and Mexico anthropologists have found SSA skeletons at Pre-Columbian sites (5, 13-17 ). Some of the ancient Mayan skeletal remains indicate that they suffered from sickle cell anemia an illness associated with Sub-Saharan Africans (18-20). The presence of sickle cell anemia among the ancient Maya, supports Quatrefages claim that the Chontal Maya were Africans( 7,11) .

-

The Aztecs were Black Native Mexicans.

-

The Maya called the Aztecs xilaan “curly or frizzy hair”, which is characteristic of Sub-Saharan Africans.

-

-

History is never neutral, as a result it is the highest point of propaganda. WE have been lied too by the Academe. In school you learn that the Native Americans were all mongoloid people. But this is false. There were Black Native Americans. This was especially true of the Aztecs. Archaeological evidence, Mayan and Spanish descriptions of the Aztec, and pictorial evidence from the codexes indicate they were Black.

-

The Spanish described the Aztec as follows: “The people of this land are well made, rather tall than short. They are swarthy as leopards (see below), of good manners and gestures, for the greater part very skillful, robust, and tireless, and at the same time the most moderate men known. They are very warlike and face death with the greatest resolution” See: Daily Life of the Aztecs – Scribd, www.scribd.com/doc/116295428/Daily-Life-of-the-Aztecs
As you can see it was the Spanish who described the Aztecs as “swarthy” or black like leopards and jaguars.

The African or negro character of the Aztecs is supported by Mexican statements about the Aztecs and the codexes. The Maya called the Aztecs xilaan “curly or frizzy hair”, which is characteristic of Sub-Saharan Africans. In addition we find Black/Negro/African people in the Mexican codexes including Codex Telleriano and Codex Mendoza.

In addition to the textual evidence of Blacks in Mexico we also iconographic evidence from Mayan sub-pyramids of Blacks. For example, there are pictures of black scientists and chief from Xultun pyramid.

The archaeological, textual, and linguistic evidence make it clear the Aztecs were probably Black.The description of the Aztecs by the Spanish and Maya as black and frizzy haired match the pictures of the last Aztecs.

References:

1.Alcina-Franch J.(1985). Los orígenes de America. : Editorial Alhambra.

2. Arnaiz-Villena,A, Moscoso, J.,Serrano-Vela,I. (2006).The uniqueness of Amerindians according to HLA genes and the peopling of the Americas. http://www.inmunologia.org/Upload/Articles/6/7/678.pdf

3.Winters,C. ( 2011 ). Olmec (Mande) Loan Words in the Mayan, Mixe-Zoque and Taino Languages. Current Research Journal of Social Sciences 3(3): 152-179.

4. Winters,C. (2013). African Empires in Ancient America. Createspace,Amazon.com.

5. Winters,C.(2015). Olmec Language and Literature. Createspace,Amazon.com.

6. Winters,C. (2014). History of Blacks in America from Pre-History to 1877. Createspace,Amazon.com.

7. Winters,C.(1977). Islam in Early North and South America. Al-Ittihad, (July-October) pp.57-67.

8.Bazan, R.A.G. (1967). Latin America the Arabs and Islam, Muslim World, pp.284-292.

9.Ferrand,G. (1928). Introduction a l’astrnomie nautique des Arabes, Paris.

10. Orozco y Berra,M (1880). Historia Antigua y de la conquista de Mexico. https://archive.org/details/historiaantigua06berrgoog

11. Quatrefages, A de.(1889) . Introduction a L’Etudes des Races Humaines.

12. Gaffarel,P. (2010). Etude Sur Les Rapports De L'Amerique Et De L'Ancien Continent Avant Christophe Colomb.

13. Marquez,C.(1956). Estudios arqueologicas y ethnograficas. Mexico.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] ^Oh you mean this couple:

Ya, they're Black.

-

Maximo and Bartola ^^^

-
Maximo

Mike thinks this is a Black person

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^lioness, you really are just toooo stupid.

You offer nothing but nonsense.

Please go away!

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^lioness, you really are just toooo stupid.

You offer nothing but nonsense.

Please go away!

the questioner has to be aware of your standard for being black, then we can proceed
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topic: Does aethiope really mean burnt face?

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member Icon 1 posted 21 January, 2017 06:31 PM Profile for the questioner Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
-

- - -

Ethiopes/Ethiopia = (at/out/of) high place = tian (Chinese) = zion (Hebrew)

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

so looking at the end part of the word aethiope

what does "ṓps", mean?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Interesting.

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Read between the lines.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057%3Aentry%3D*ai)qi%2Foy

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.04.0064:id=aethiopia-geo

Budge, Osiris and the Egyptian Resurrection

https://archive.org/details/osirisegyptianre00budg

quote:

The Greeks looked to old Ethiopia and called the Upper Nile the common cradle of mankind.

[...]

The Greeks also said that Egyptians derived their civilization and religion from Ethiopia. "Egyptian religion was not an original conception, for three thousand years ago she had lost all true sense of its real meaning among even the priesthood."

[...]

Ptolemaic writers said that Egypt was formed of the mud carried down, from Ethiopia, that

http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/we/we05.htm
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

so looking at the end part of the word aethiope

what does "ṓps", mean?

ops means eye or poetic words/voice

disclaimer
this doesn't mean this is the true etymology behind aethiopes

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
Interesting.

-

The African or negro character of the Aztecs is supported by Mexican statements about the Aztecs and the codexes. The Maya called the Aztecs xilaan “curly or frizzy hair”, which is characteristic of Sub-Saharan Africans. In addition we find Black/Negro/African people in the Mexican codexes including Codex Telleriano and Codex Mendoza.

-

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was rushed.

"Ethiopes/Ethiopia = (at/out/of) high place = tian (Chinese) = zion (Hebrew)"

Ethiopia = high-up = zion = sky-on/on-high = tian = cyan (sky blue) = Xyambu/xyuambuatlaya = umbo/wombelly/hill = gara(Tigrinha) hill = (mon)guolua(Pygmy)

"burnt face" could only have related as: sky/shine/sun + burnt/tint/(red)painted surface

note: (sun)tanned = taint/tint (ink?)/paint
note: Eritrea has sun-burnt moun-tain-sides facing the Red Sea.

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com