EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » 5000 years old rock art discovered in South Africa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5000 years old rock art discovered in South Africa
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4413278/First-direct-dates-rock-art-Southern-Africa-revealed.html

Oldest known rock art discovered in Southern Africa dates back more than 5,000 years, new analysis reveals
Ancient rock art has been directly dated for the first time in Southern Africa
Used method that analyzes paint flakes to determine they are over 5,00 years ol
Helped determined what was used to create the rock art, which could be dated
Approach allowed experts to analyze drawings without taking chips of the work

-
By collecting samples of paint, researchers were able to identify the types of carbons in the pigments and ultimately date them as more than 5,000 years old – deeming the drawings the ‘earliest directly dated’ paintings in the region

-
The rock art in questions is located at 14 sites in three different regions of Southern Africa: the Thune Dam, Botswana, the Phuthiatsana Valley, Lesotho and the Maclear District in South Africa

Mena: The Prehistoric South African rock art are similar to the Prehistoric caves art of Spain and France. The Twa people of South Africa who were call the Grimaldi in Europe are the one who painted the rock and caves art in South African, Spain and france France.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this rock art is 50,000 years old instead of 5,000, 5,000 year old is not old enough to be a rock cave painting, going by standards of rock cave paintings....
Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Mindovermatter I think the South African rock art is 50,000 years old. For some reason the researchers are saying their paint test show the rock art is 5000 years old. The paint test most be bad or fraudulent.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com