EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Buffalo Soldiers: Hero's or Race Traitors?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buffalo Soldiers: Hero's or Race Traitors?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Mike, I just deleted a MIndovermatter post in the Is Hollywood Racist thread? for violating Rule #2. He had called Asians mongoloids
Under the new rules you can't refer to Asians as "Mongols" nor to black people as "Negroids" etc.
You can be critical of an ethnic group but you can't call them a name they don't like to be called contemporarily regardless of if you think it is accurate or whatever. The various "oids' can only be used in anthropological discussions pertaining to skulls types etc. Similarly "mongols" I cannot explain further
You can re-post with the proper adjustments or start the thread over

-lioness

[ 04. June 2017, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lionese
Too bad the site is so old it doesn't support strike-outs or red lining.
But, assuming the entire text isn't offensive, is it possible to just delete the offending word, phrase or sentence rather than deleting the whole post?

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
Lionese
Too bad the site is so old it doesn't support strike-outs or red lining.
But, assuming the entire text isn't offensive, is it possible to just delete the offending word, phrase or sentence rather than deleting the whole post?

Absolutely not. We don't have the time to be people's editors
Not that it matters but I might add the post was only a few sentences

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yeah, of course that matters.
A few sentences is a big difference between a few paragraphs.

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com