EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What do you think of theories of egyptians migrating from the horn?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you think of theories of egyptians migrating from the horn?
Daar
Meh.
Member # 22776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many do think that it was a possibility that Egyptians hailed from the horn of Africa, and that the pharaoh Hatsheput claimed that the Egyptians had direct ancestry from these people.

"sacred to the Egyptians as the source of their race." -'A history of Egypt' Vol. I, p. 13

-

(Queen Ati of Punt)

The egyptians also had an ongoing trade with the Puntites, some of the inhabitants of this area, and would trade with them baboons, 'dwarves', trees, incense, and more.

-

(From Hatsheput's expedition to Punt)

Punt was also called a number of things, such as pan, pwene, ta netjer, and more. Sharing a name loosely translating into 'God's land'

Well, first post, and tell me what you think.

--------------------
[INSERT HALF WITTED REPLY HERE]

Posts: 2 | From: Columbus Ohio | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daar
Meh.
Member # 22776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Huh.

--------------------
[INSERT HALF WITTED REPLY HERE]

Posts: 2 | From: Columbus Ohio | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daar - there is no reason to use those silly drawings when posting:

-

-

Simply go to http://realhistoryww.com./

All of the main pages have a search pane at the top. Simply enter a "Keyword" like "punt" and click the resultant links.

such as...

The Shipwrecked Sailor
written 2200 B.C.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Egypt/s_Sailor.htm

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit like Swenet keeps suggesting that the AEians were more Horners than South Africans. Looking at the data from the recently released paper on Pre-Ptolemaic AEians their genetic profile is more Horner than South African. But based upon STR the Amarnas were clearly more south African. We do not have enough data on Kenyans and other Africans like Tanzanians. Uganda etc. Other Africans from the Great Lakes.

What is clear is there were tremendous population change over within Africa. It look like "Horners"/Kenyans/Tanzanians occupied lower Egypt...based upon data from this latest paper. Primarily Horners.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Daar welcome to the forum and I hope you become a permanent poster. [Smile]

Anyways as for this topic I am no sure if the AE migrated from the Horn. They show more affinity to Nubians than Horners. However, this is just from what I've seen. Maybe you seen different.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote: "They show more affinity to Nubians than Horners. However, ". Anthropology of Horners?

WhyTF you guys open your mouth without backing up with data. Speculators pisses me off. Where is the proof that Of Nubians and how ancient Egyptians were closer to Nubians vs Horners?

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
The correct response should be ..."based upon..blah blah..blah" AEians are closer to Nubians vs Horners. God damn man! Did you go to school?

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com