EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Do some Egyptsearch members think "true" Black women should not wear red lipstick?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do some Egyptsearch members think "true" Black women should not wear red lipstick?
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given the current belief among some forum members that the word negro is a disparaging word because some people with a variety of complexions think so, I feel strongly obliged to display this images in relation to the question -

Do some Egyptsearch members think "true" Black women should not wear red lipstick?

-
Black Women in Red Lipstick

-
Golliwogs

This is how the theory goes. White people have decided that painting their faces black, painting their lips red, and God forbid, grinning broadly and showing white teeth is the official way of mocking black people. Therefore, for black women, which their naturally dark, and even ebony complexions should not wear red lipstick, and even worse smile broadly which has the undesirable effect of showing of their white teeth, because white people have decided that it is a look meant to mock black people.

-
Dutch people in Zwarte Piet costume

-
Black Women in Red Lipstick 2

So in principle white people get to decide for black people what is good and bad for them. It is a pity I don't have much time on my hands, else I would have scoured the web more pictures of deep ebony complexioned African women in vermillion lipstick, hopefully with some of them smiling happily to drive home my point.

Isn't this very much the same as some Black people thinking that since white people have attached a derogatory meaning to the words Black and Negro the very same Blacks shouldn't use those words to describe themselves?

Does this speak of the colonized minds of some empowered denizens of this forum, the colonization they accuse others of?

Forum members should please note that I haven't used the word negro in a disparaging manner not have I mentioned anything about moderators.

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to see black women with red lipstick it looks beautiful.
 -

white people did not decide what our women should wear they decided themselves.

To denigrate us whites went black faced with white lips.

-

Any attack on Blacks with red lips is just jealousy of the beauty of Black women.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebembe (Mbuti) pigment applied to body, preceded the use of red ochre.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autshumato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Habsburg Agenda:
Given the current belief among some forum members that the word negro is a disparaging word because some people with a variety of complexions think so, I feel strongly obliged to display this images in relation to the question -

Do some Egyptsearch members think "true" Black women should not wear red lipstick?

-
Black Women in Red Lipstick

-
Golliwogs

This is how the theory goes. White people have decided that painting their faces black, painting their lips red, and God forbid, grinning broadly and showing white teeth is the official way of mocking black people. Therefore, for black women, which their naturally dark, and even ebony complexions should not wear red lipstick, and even worse smile broadly which has the undesirable effect of showing of their white teeth, because white people have decided that it is a look meant to mock black people.

-
Dutch people in Zwarte Piet costume

-
Black Women in Red Lipstick 2

So in principle white people get to decide for black people what is good and bad for them. It is a pity I don't have much time on my hands, else I would have scoured the web more pictures of deep ebony complexioned African women in vermillion lipstick, hopefully with some of them smiling happily to drive home my point.

Isn't this very much the same as some Black people thinking that since white people have attached a derogatory meaning to the words Black and Negro the very same Blacks shouldn't use those words to describe themselves?

Does this speak of the colonized minds of some empowered denizens of this forum, the colonization they accuse others of?

Forum members should please note that I haven't used the word negro in a disparaging manner not have I mentioned anything about moderators.

Agree. The reason for mocking dark skin women with red lipstick was because Black women look so much more beautiful than "white" women. So they have to degrade the look in anyway possible - the same with the Afro hair.

--------------------
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Posts: 195 | From: Southern Africa(Azania) | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autshumato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black - English word for negro.
Negro - Spanish word for black.

White - English word for albino.
Albino - Latin word for white.

--------------------

Posts: 195 | From: Southern Africa(Azania) | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitam - (Malay) black
Puteh - (Malay) white

Mengelap - (Malay) darken, gray
Mongolu - (Mbuti) mother dome hut
Negara - (Malay) nation (from mother hut)
Albumen - the white of an egg.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
Hitam - (Malay) black
Puteh - (Malay) white

Mengelap - (Malay) darken, gray
Mongolu - (Mbuti) mother dome hut
Negara - (Malay) nation (from mother hut)
Albumen - the white of an egg.

This is about the Spanish and Latin word for Black and Albino.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume when you say "true" black woman you mean extremely dark women like Dravidians and Melanesians?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
I assume when you say "true" black woman you mean extremely dark women like Dravidians and Melanesians?

In the Western world when we say black people we mean Black Africans. Europeans do not have enough Dravidians and Melanesians around them for them to be the butt of their jokes.

If you are referring to them because white people for the most part ignore the geographical and ethnic differences and would approach them in the say way I guess you could include them, but they are not the ones I am referring to. I am referring it from the social viewpoint of the African diaspora.

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jantavanta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lipstick is meant to enrich the existing colour of the lips. I think dark brown lipstick would be better on most Black Women.
Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J'aime ma Negresse en rouge!

-

-

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com