EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Dr Strange was a nice spiritual and magical movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr Strange was a nice spiritual and magical movie
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mena: i am not a fan of super hero movies but I was browsing on Netflix last weekend and I saw the movie Dr Strange posted, i decided to watch it for a few minute to see what the story was about and switch to another movie. Oh man I was amazed the movie was very good, I watched the movie twice. Dr Strange remind me of the Matrix. The movie is about a successful and arrogant doctor name Strange who lost the use of his hands in a car accident. A paraplegic patient who got cure by a monk or Guru in India told Dr Strange were to go in India to cure his hands.

When Dr Strange arrived in a monastery in India a woman bald headed Celtic monk name the Ancient One taught him spirituality and magic to cured his damage hands and empowered himself. A Black monk name Mordo taught Dr Strange martial art and how to manipulate energy.Mordo remind me of Black Morpheus training White Neo in the movie the Matrix. With great power come great responsability Dr Strange had to help the Ancient One fight the evil selfish rebel monk Kaecilus and his evil demi God master Dormammu.

The contradiction in the movie is the defender of good Celtic monk the Ancient One is not Black or White but gray because she use the power of the darkside to keep her alive for centuries and do magic to fight evil. Mordo is a naive monk who tought that the Ancient One only use good magic, he believed there is always a price to pay for black magic. The ending of Dr Strange movie when he fought the Demi God Dormammu is very original, mystical and beautiful.

-
Movie Dr Strange
 -
Benedict Cumberbatch and Chiwetel Ejiofor in the movie Dr Strange.

-
Dr Strange

-

-

-

-
The Ancient One and Dr Strange

-
Kaecilus

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asian people have been complaning.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda2025
Member # 22772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda2025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie was just ok, the villain was terrible. Cumberbatch is just not suited to these kind of roles. Second role he has ruined, he was terrible as Khan in Star Trek Into the Darkenss.. another whitewashed role.

The Ancient One, a powerful mystic occupying the Caucasian female form of Tilda Swinton, is far more than he bargained for. Basically yellow face. But I am not going to break my back for Asians in Hollywood. Capitalism is always on time and the Asian market/international market will incentivise Hollywood soon enough to stop the silliness.

More interestingly, Cumberbatch's family owned slaves

Pictured: Brutal Barbados slave plantation where Benedict Cumberbatch's ancestors built their multimillion pound fortune on backs of '250 negroes'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2930172/Benedict-Cumberbatch-s-slave-owning-ancestors-plantation.html

Posts: 165 | From: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mena: Nice post Andromeda I didnt know Benedict Cunberbacht is a descedant of Barbados slave owning family. Conscious people will like the movie Dr Strange because there are many wisdom quotes and magic in the movie

Doctor Strange is a 2016 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the fourteenth film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film was directed by Scott Derrickson, who wrote the film with Jon Spaihts and C. Robert Cargill. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange, along with Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benjamin Bratt, Scott Adkins, Mads Mikkelsen, and Tilda Swinton. In Doctor Strange, surgeon Strange learns the mystic arts after a career-ending car accident.

Various incarnations of a Doctor Strange film had been in development since the mid-1980s, until Paramount Pictures acquired the film rights in April 2005, on behalf of Marvel Studios. Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer were brought on board in June 2010 to write a screenplay. In June 2014, Derrickson and Spaihts were hired to direct and re-write the film, respectively. Cumberbatch was chosen for the eponymous role in December 2014, necessitating a schedule change to work around his other commitments. This gave Derrickson time to work on the script himself, for which he brought Cargill on to help. The film began principal photography in November 2015 in Nepal, before moving to the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and concluding in New York City in April 2016.

Doctor Strange held its world premiere in Hong Kong on October 13, 2016, and was released in the United States on November 4, 2016, in 3D and IMAX 3D. The film has grossed over $677 million worldwide, and was met with positive reviews from critics. It also received an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects.

In Kathmandu, Nepal, the sorcerer Kaecilius and his zealots enter the secret compound Kamar-Taj and behead its librarian. They steal a few pages from an ancient, mystical text belonging to the Ancient One, a long-lived sorcerer who has taught every student at Kamar-Taj, including Kaecilius, in the mystic arts. The Ancient One pursues the traitors, but Kaecilius and his followers escape.

In New York City, Stephen Strange, an acclaimed but arrogant neurosurgeon, badly injures his hands in a car accident, leaving him unable to operate. Fellow surgeon and former lover Christine Palmer tries to help him move on, but Strange vainly pursues experimental surgeries to heal his hands. Strange eventually learns of Jonathan Pangborn, a paraplegic who mysteriously regained full use of his legs. Pangborn directs Strange to Kamar-Taj, where he is taken in by Mordo, a sorcerer under the Ancient One. The Ancient One demonstrates her power to Strange, revealing the astral plane and other dimensions such as the Mirror Dimension. She eventually agrees to train Strange, despite his arrogance, which reminds her of Kaecilius.

Strange studies under the Ancient One and Mordo, and from ancient books in the library that is now guarded by the master Wong. Strange learns that Earth is protected from threats from other dimensions by a shield generated from three buildings called Sanctums, in New York City, London, and Hong Kong, which are all connected and accessible from Kamar-Taj. The sorcerers' task is to protect the Sanctums, though Pangborn instead chose to channel mystical energy into just walking again. Strange progresses quickly, and secretly reads the text from which Kaecilius stole pages, learning to bend time with the mystical Eye of Agamotto. Mordo and Wong warn Strange against breaking the laws of nature, drawing a comparison to Kaecilius' desire for eternal life.

Kaecilius uses the stolen pages to contact the powerful Dormammu of the Dark Dimension, where time is non-existent. Kaecilius destroys the London Sanctum to weaken Earth's protection. The zealots then attack the New York Sanctum, killing its guardian, but Strange holds them off with the help of the Cloak of Levitation until Mordo and the Ancient One arrive. Strange and Mordo become disillusioned with the Ancient One after Kaecilius reveals that the Ancient One's long life is due to her drawing power from the Dark Dimension. Kaecilius mortally wounds the Ancient One and escapes to Hong Kong. Before dying, she tells Strange that he too will have to bend the rules to complement Mordo's steadfast nature in order to defeat Kaecilius. Strange and Mordo arrive in Hong Kong to find Wong dead, the Sanctum destroyed, and the Dark Dimension irresistibly engulfing Earth. Strange uses the Eye to reverse time and save Wong, then creates an infinite time loop inside the Dark Dimension that traps himself and Dormammu in the same moment of time. After repeatedly killing Strange to no avail, Dormammu finally gives in to Strange's demand that he leave Earth and take Kaecilius and his zealots with him in return for Strange breaking the time loop.

Disgusted by Strange and the Ancient One defying nature's laws, Mordo departs. Strange returns the Eye to Kamar-Taj, and takes up residence in the New York Sanctum to continue his studies. In a mid-credits scene, Strange decides to help Thor, who has brought his brother Loki to Earth to search for their father Odin. In a post-credits scene, Mordo confronts Pangborn and siphons the energy that he uses to walk, stating that Earth has "too many sorcerers".

-
Dr Strange

-

-
The Ancient One

-
Mordo

-
Dr Strange

-
Mordo

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
http://shepherdproject.com/doctor-strange-quotes/

Christine: I needed a 2nd opinion.
Dr. Strange: You had a 2nd opinion. You needed a different opinion.

Dr. Strange: Answer me this, bachelor’s degree, have you ever seen anyone with nerve damage like this fully recover?
Therapist: If it proves your arrogant a** wrong, worth it.

Christine (?): This isn’t medicine any more. This is mania.

Dr. Strange: Life without work…
Christine: Is still life.

Dr. Strange: You were untreatable.
Pangborn: No glory for you in that, huh?

Pangborn: My mind was elevated and my spirit deepened and my body healed…. There was more for me, true, but I took my miracle and left.

Mordo: The price is high.
Dr. Strange: How much?
Mordo: I’m not talking about your money.

Mordo: Forget everything that you know.

Dr. Strange: Did you heal a man named Pangborn?
The Ancient One: What if I told you your own body could be convinced to put itself back together in any number of ways?

The Ancient One: I know how to reorient the Spirit to heal the body.

The Ancient One: You’re a man, looking at the world through a key-hole…trying to widen it… Now you hear it can be widened and you reject it.

The Ancient One: You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts form reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end; some benevolent and life-giving, others filled with malice and hunger. Dark places where powers older than time lie, ravenous and waiting. Who are you in this vast multiverse, Mr. Strange?

The Ancient One: We never lose our demons…we only learn to live above them.

Dr. Strange: What’s this, my mantra?
Mordo: Your wifi password. We’re not savages.

Dr. Strange to the librarian: What if its’ just overdue? Any late fees I should know about? Maiming perhaps?

Dr. Strange: My hands.
Ancient One: It’s not about your hands.

The Ancient One: You cannot beat a river into submission. You have to surrender to it.
Dr. Strange: I have to give up control to gain it? That doesn’t make sense.
The Ancient One: Not everything does.

Dr. Strange: Try me, Beyonce! Oh, come on! Surely you’ve heard of her? She’s a huge star.

Dr. Strange: You once told me to open my eyes. Now you want me to turn a blind eye to rules that make no sense?!

Dr. Strange: You follow her but don’t know her?
Mordo: I know she’s steadfast. Unpredictable. Merciless but kind. She made me what I am.

Mordo: His followers followed him. Seduced like sheep by false doctrines.

Dr. Strange: They really should put the warnings before the spell.

Mordo: We’re not prophets.
Dr. Strange: When are you going to start telling me what we are?

Dr. Strange: I came here to heal my hands, not to fight in some mystical war.

Kaecilius: Look, if you’re not going to start making sense, I’ll have to put this back on you, “Mister Doctor”.
Dr. Strange: It’s Doctor Strange.

Kaecilius: People think in terms of good and evil when real time is the enemy.

Kaecilius: What Ancient One hoards, Dark One gives freely—life everlasting.

Dr. Strange: The dark one had you kill. How good can his kingdom be???

Dr. Strange: I’m going to have to vanish now. Keep me alive, will you?

Christine: After all this time, you just show up here flying out of your body?

Dr. Strange: When I became a doctor, I took an oath to save lives. … [I’ve just killed.] I won’t take another.

Ancient One: I tried to protect you.
Dr. Strange: From the truth?
Ancient One: From yourself.

Ancient One: Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most important lesson of all. It’s not about you.

Dr. Strange: So I could have my hands and my old life back?
Ancient One: You could, but the world would be the lesser for it.

Dr. Strange: I’m not ready.
Ancient One: No one ever is.

Dr. Strange: You said that losing my hands didn’t have to be the end.
Christine: Yep. Because there are other ways to save lives.

Mordo: You were right. She wasn’t who I thought she was.
Dr. Strange: She was complicated.

Dormammu: You’ll spend eternity dying?
Dr. Strange: Yes. But all of earth will live. Dormammu: But you will suffer!
Dr. Strange: Pain’s an old friend.

Dormammu: You will never win!
Dr. Strange: No. But I can lose. Again and again and again forever. And that makes you my prisoner.

Dr. Strange: I made a bargain… It’s everything you ever wanted—eternal life as part of the dark one. … You’re not going to like it. You really should’ve stolen the whole book because the warnings come after the spells.

Dr. Strange: We broke our rules. Just like her.
Mordo: The bill comes due. Like always. A reckoning.

-
The Ancient One
 -
The Ancient One and Modo

-
Kaecilus

-
Kaecilus

--------------------
mena

Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As usual, Hollywood has even changed the flow of a 15 page comic book and made the movie far less than the original comic book.
That is pretty difficult to do.

The Ancient one was created by Marvel to be an Asian male, but as usually the case with Zionist Hollywood, they succeed in messing up even a wet dream with the racism.

The biggest unaddressable question is, how can a culture that emphasizes the material world (such as a NY materialistic surgeon) and shuns the spiritual suddenly become masters of the spiritual arts?
Answer; They can't, unless it is a Hollywood Zionist created illusion!

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
As usual, Hollywood has even changed the flow of a 15 page comic book and made the movie far less than the original comic book.
That is pretty difficult to do.

The Ancient one was created by Marvel to be an Asian male, but as usually the case with Zionist Hollywood, they succeed in messing up even a wet dream with the racism.

The biggest unaddressable question is, how can a culture that emphasizes the material world (such as a NY materialistic surgeon) and shuns the spiritual suddenly become masters of the spiritual arts?
Answer; They can't, unless it is a Hollywood Zionist created illusion!

-
He was supposed to be Himalayan originally however as we can see they didn't get it right to begin with.
Instead we have this Fu Mancu looking character

Baron Mordo

-
 -

Mordo, at right in the film but in the original was a Transylvanian nobleman, a student of the Ancient One was changed into a black man played by Academy Award winning actor Chiwetel Ejiofor
and transformed in the movie into somewhat of a good guy compared to his arch villain role in the original.
So please explain to us how this change made by the devout Christian director Scott Derrickson is Zionism?

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Dr. Strange Whitewashed?

—Pop Trigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EydvzY1hVpE

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com