EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Jay Z 4:44 Video (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Jay Z 4:44 Video
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Funny enough on the topic of the N-word, today the supreme court allowed people to copyright racial slurs and already a dude has filed a copyright for the term "ni**a" and said he wants to make t-shirts with positive messages featuring the term..... Now show me Asians doing the same or Mexicans and so forth....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/supreme-court-strikes-down-rule-disparaging-trademarks-1006208

I understand that over time it has become deeply ingrained into the culture.

Why would I need you to show you anything?

It is ignorant and foolish black people in America who do the things.
They are mental slaves, who refuse to admitted that and will fight that with all they've got. This is why "The Story of O.J." video is so strong.

Now show me Asians or Mexicans and so forth … being subjected to the mental terror that was imposed upon black America.

You need to understand the psychology.

I am not knocking you dude. My history with hip hop goes back to the beginning.

My only point was that African culture is the basis of black music in America (which I am sure you know) and forms the root of American popular music. That was the reason for mentioning Angolana music and raggaeton.

As to the topic of the thread, Jay Z and other Negroes like him are not dumb and uneducated. They are supposed to be leading the way for other black folks who want to get into the industry and provide opportunities and knowledge on how to get ahead in it. But he is not. And all of this about the N-word, black psychology and the theft of black culture was MORE PRONOUNCED in the late 80s and early 90s which was the height of Afrocentrism in black popular culture. And all over the country folks were having lectures and discussions about consciousness and hip hop and how to move ahead. And even then there were folks involved who knew better but didn't care and were determined to go their own way. Like Dre said in "Let Me Ride":
quote:

just another motherfuckin day for Dre so I begin like this No medallions, dreadlocks, or black fists it's just that gangster glare, with gangster raps that gangster shit, that makes the gang of snaps, uhh word to the motherfuckin streets and word to these hyped ass lyrics and dope beats, that I hit ya with that I......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R3DipU4YnE

So folks like him and plenty others know full well what they were doing and weren't just simple dumb uneducated folks who didn't know better. I mean his previous group was a bunch of poppers and lockers.

These people who did it had given up on the idea of owning their own and just went with trying to get record deals from these companies. And at the time, the N-word when it did get used was censored on radio because it was still considered offensive. But the record industry did nothing to stop these groups from using the term. Yet if these groups used other slurs such as "cra**a" or anything else, they would quickly be shut down by the studio.... There is a lot more to this than simple black folks on the streets. And certainly this song is nowhere near conscious like most hip hop was in its early days long before folks were getting record deals.

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Doug M,

I did not say "Jay Z and other Negroes like him are not dumb and uneducated."

I said: "ignorant and foolish".

Jay Z and "negroes like him" can only do so much….If other don't want to grow and rather stick to "hood mentality" that's up to them.
Jay Z has provided opportunities for others, so when they mess it up it's not Jay Z's fault.

Jay Z: The Rise To Success (Motivational Documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJNsfLBq5s

BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS: Warren Buffet & Jay Z Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2gHTglfvxU

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So folks like him and plenty others know full well what they were doing and weren't just simple dumb uneducated folks who didn't know better. I mean his previous group was a bunch of poppers and lockers.

These people who did it had given up on the idea of owning their own and just went with trying to get record deals from these companies. And at the time, the N-word when it did get used was censored on radio because it was still considered offensive. But the record industry did nothing to stop these groups from using the term. Yet if these groups used other slurs such as "cra**a" or anything else, they would quickly be shut down by the studio.... There is a lot more to this than simple black folks on the streets. And certainly this song is nowhere near conscious like most hip hop was in its early days long before folks were getting record deals.

Of course that is the power structure. AKA white supremacy. This is why they shut down conscious rap music.

Paris "The Black Panther of Hip-Hop" Breaks Down PopCulture & Rap + How it Screws w/ Society & Youth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKGN5fM2Uk

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bottom line most of these Ne

Nope

[ 21. July 2017, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
And in "the Story of OJ". Jay Z blatantly is only doing one thing: bragging about how he got paid selling drugs (and putting black bodies in heaven) and singing about the "N-word". And somehow that is passed off as conscious rap....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM7lw0Ovzq0

Calling everybody else Dumbos for buying it.....

[Roll Eyes]

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
I am editing your stuff for a reason and I have told people not to do this and it's in one of the stickies.
You can use the word "Negro" as a reference or "Nigga" to comment on someday else in culture or history using the word. Or you can use terms like "Negroid" or "Mongoloid" in scientific conversations about skull or skeleton proportions.

But you can't use any of these terms as a form of condescension in the forum

You can't position yourself as "black" and call other blacks you think are ignorant "Negroes".
That is a very similar usage to the N word.
But regardless of the similarity it is against the rules of the forum to use ethnic words as condescension on a people or to imply their ignorance by using old obsolete words. Black people do not like to called "Negroes" in 2017 so we are not having it.
The rule is very simple, in regard to ethnicity call people what most of them call themselves today. That is not perfect but it is the best we can do for a basic level of respect. You can say "Ignorant black people" but not "Negroes".

--lioness

[ 22. July 2017, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
And in "the Story of OJ". Jay Z blatantly is only doing one thing: bragging about how he got paid selling drugs (and putting black bodies in heaven) and singing about the "N-word". And somehow that is passed off as conscious rap....

[Roll Eyes]

I have seen quite a few videos where people give interpretation on this video and lyrics, but your interpretation is new to me.

House nigga, don't fuck with me
I'm a field nigga, go shine cutlery
Go play the quarters where the butlers be
I'ma play the corners where the hustlers be
I told him, "Please don't die over the neighborhood
That your mama rentin'

Take your drug money and buy the neighborhood
That's how you rinse it"
I bought every V12 engine
Wish I could take it back to the beginnin'
I coulda bought a place in Dumbo before it was Dumbo
For like 2 million
That same building today is worth 25 million
Guess how I'm feelin'? Dumbo

It's interesting when you look at Americas history.

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-09-08/magazine/tm-2675_1_cigarette-smoking

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioess:
I am editing your stuff for a reason and I have told people not to do this and it's in one of the stickies.
You can use the word "Negro" as a reference or "Nigga" to comment on someday else in culture or history using the word. Or you can use terms like "Negroid" or "Mongoloid" in scientific conversations about skull or skeleton proportions.

But you can't use any of these terms as a form of condescension in the forum

You can't position yourself as "black" and call other blacks you think are ignorant "Negroes".
That is a very similar usage to the N word.
But regardless of the similarity it is against the rules of the forum to use ethnic words as condescension on a people or to imply their ignorance by using old obsolete words. Black people do not like to called "Negroes" in 2017 so we are not having it.
The rule is very simple, in regard to ethnicity call people what most of them call themselves today. That is not perfect but it is the best we can do for a basic level of respect. You can say "Ignorant black people" but not "Negroes".

--lioness

Of course the root word has the same origin. Necra.

[ 22. July 2017, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Funny thing Jada comes out recently and says she was Tupac's drug dealer..... Yawn.

This is the same crowd pumping their chests for being thugs and enemies of everything progressive that was going on in the 90s and clowns are sitting here trying to pretend it is positive.....

Fronting for white money and white institutions.

And now to hear these idiots tell it, they did what the "HAD" to do, in order to get money. Get money to do what? What was the goal? Seriously. Weak and lame excuses for being sellouts and traitors. All during this time folks were debating having black owned record companies and making their own records and having their own distribution and it was always these 'other folks' determined that they needed to just take a check from white record companies. And it isn't like there wasn't money around at the time. Rap is a multi billion dollar industry and most of that money is NOT going to black folks. Which means they are NOT thugs. Because thugs care about the money.

As if the 90s and the Afrocentric movement, the X hat and all that "conscious" stuff wasn't the most dominant theme in black life at the time. (MUCH MORE than what it is now). And the point of the gangsta rap was to shut down that movement both from within and without. And many of those doing it from within are those you see today who claim they did it all for the money and want a pat on the back for it..... Like Jay Z.

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2017/07/jada-pinkett-smith-says-she-was-tupacs-drug-dealer/

Everybody else in America right now is marking out territory. Everybody except black folks. People just got off the boat 2 weeks ago got more going on than black folks who been here the whole time. And when you ask what happened they actually say that YOU are the problem.....

De La Soul 1996 Stakes is high.... true hip hop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj-vPcCfQ6k

Jay Z 1996:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBGeDOx-CD8

Same old same old I got paid calling "ni***s ni***s" and "ni***s" buy it.

And what ad came on youtube while I was searching for these old tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdgiu888NA

Classic hip hop sound track set to a bunch of Africans looking like they are inherently stupid and backward having to learn from some Asian woman about something..... Talk about hooked on phonics.

quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

I have seen quite a few videos where people give interpretation on this video and lyrics, but your interpretation is new to me.

House nigga, don't fuck with me
I'm a field nigga, go shine cutlery
Go play the quarters where the butlers be
I'ma play the corners where the hustlers be
I told him, "Please don't die over the neighborhood
That your mama rentin'

That's how you rinse it"
For like 2 million

See above. Jay-Z was part of the "New York Crew" that came out making videos showing them on yachts and in fast cars (that they didn't own) pretending to be something they weren't. Jay-Z has always rapped about being a hustler and "big pimpin". And that trend is what De La Soul is rapping about in Stakes Is High because it is fake and glamorizing black self destruction....

So yes, Jay Z is talking about himself because most of his records have promoted HIMSELF getting all this money telling other black people to go out and kill each other and sell drugs to each other because "it is all about the dead presidents".....

Music Video for Stakes is High
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMoHezlA0a0

Jay: Dead Presidents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCsxQg3NE4

Still waiting for the Mexican mafia to make rap videos or whatever kind of videos talking about how they are "big pimpin" and killing "we****s" down in Mexico.

And now as I mentioned before the Supreme Court is allowing racial slurs to be trademarked and a black guy wants to turn the "n-word" into something "positive". Wonder where the Asians are trying to do the same for "Ch***".... (Even though the rock group "The Slants" formed by Asian Americans are the reason for the Supreme Court case in the first place, you don't hear Asians calling themselves slants in entertainment or popular culture).

quote:

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST:

Racial slurs can now be registered as trademarks - theoretically, at least. The Supreme Court decided in June that the government can no longer ban a trademark simply because it's disparaging. Ailsa Chang from NPR's Planet Money podcast talked to some people who are now trying to trademark slurs. A warning - her report includes some very offensive words. They're important to the story, though, because that sort of language is what this debate is all about. The piece runs just under four minutes. Here it is.

AILSA CHANG, BYLINE: Ed Timberlake is a trademark lawyer who's convinced the floodgates have opened. To him, what the Supreme Court has done is given the bigots of the world a green light to register the most disgusting trademarks ever. He's been making a list of all the trademark applications filed the last five weeks since the court's decision.

ED TIMBERLAKE: Gutter sluts, chink, damn vegans, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga and niggademus (ph).

CHANG: Wow. Wait; how many niggas did you just list off there?

TIMBERLAKE: There - at least five here, and there are probably more since then.

CHANG: So at least five have been filed since the Supreme Court decision?

TIMBERLAKE: Yes - a couple on the day of the Supreme Court decision.

CHANG: Wow, people were ready.

I decided to track down whoever filed those two applications for N-I-G-G-A on the same day the Supreme Court decision came down. Whoever it was, they were clearly determined, poised to pounce and own this word before anyone else. And it turns out both of those applications that day were filed by the same man.

CURTIS BORDENAVE: I'm in Columbus, Miss., right near the Alabama state line.

CHANG: Curtis Bordenave calls himself a consultant who helps businesses develop product lines and brands. He's filed a ton of trademark applications over the years, but trademarking nigga was about something very personal.

BORDENAVE: I thought that I had a duty - you know what I'm saying? - and a responsibility to protect that word, to secure that word - you know what I'm saying? - and to make sure that it's used in a way that I think would not disparage people.

CHANG: The race to trademark nigga is a race against the racists. Bordenave, who's African-American, plans to sell T-shirts that celebrate themes like unity and brotherhood, hoping people will connect those ideas with the nigga brand. It's his way of reclaiming the word. And he says he's glad he filed his trademark applications immediately because a few days later, another guy applied to trademark the same word. And what gave Bordenave a bad feeling was that guy also applied to trademark the swastika the very same week.

BORDENAVE: I don't know that party's intent. It doesn't seem like a good intent to want to have those two marks together.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/21/538608404/after-supreme-court-decision-people-race-to-trademark-racially-offensive-words

This goes far beyond ignorance. Some folks DEMAND to be allowed to be traitors.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J said:

"Take your drug money and buy the neighborhood"

So now that Jay Z is worth over eight hundred million, has he bought any neighborhoods?

Ish what is J doing with his money besides spoiling his kids?

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Still waiting for the Mexican mafia to make rap videos or whatever kind of videos talking about how they are "big pimpin" and killing "we****s" down in Mexico.

No need to wait

WIRED, 2011

https://www.wired.com/2011/01/pl_narcoscorridos/

Tubas and accordions, guns and cocaine. Welcome to the weird, violent world of narcocorridos, songs about and for Mexico’s drug lords. The performers aren’t the first musicians to identify with outlaws. But unlike the works of Johnny Cash or Biggie Smalls, the songs belted out by the cantantes de narcocorridos are often commissioned by cartel chiefs themselves

A supergroup whose slick video “Sanguinarios del M1” is a shout-out to a Sinaloa cartel chief with an accordion-backed chant of “We like to kill.” Three million YouTube views and counting.
Sample Lyrics

“Con un cuerno de chivo / y bazuka en la nuca / volando cabezas / al que se atraviesa” (With an AK / and a bazooka taking aim / blowing off the heads / of whoever gets in the way)

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CL0OV5lizA

-

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
New Jay Z video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXXxUNJ23uk

JAY-Z - Bam ft. Damian Marley

Doug is not going to like this, it's that Superbowl version of consciousness, co-opted

"the shit is kind of humbling", yeah right

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Unfortunately for those who don't get it yet I grew up in the era of the "Get Down" as seen on TV.

I watched the warriors when it was in the movies.

Saw the original planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston when it first came out.

Remember Raggae and Dance Hall when you had Yellow Man and Buju Banton.

Remember Grand Master Flash mix tapes as the only way to get hip hop.

Stopped listening to Hip Hop 20 years ago because it was garbage back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtofNRQIPCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQzRxBZzoYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eE-3p3mLhI

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^ come on this Yellow man stuff is no better than De La Soul, never liked that song "Mr Chin"
This toasting is practically the same thing as rap but with a yardie accent. He had a dirty mouth too

And we see where Damien got his style from, 30 years ago styles

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
See above. Jay-Z was part of the "New York Crew" that came out making videos showing them on yachts and in fast cars (that they didn't own) pretending to be something they weren't. Jay-Z has always rapped about being a hustler and "big pimpin". And that trend is what De La Soul is rapping about in Stakes Is High because it is fake and glamorizing black self destruction.... .

They had a dream. And they fulfilled that dream. Damon Dash explains this to Boyce Watkins in some interview. I don't know which it was.

They started out by selling cassettes, mix-tapes and CD's. This was the start for they empire.

Jay-Z appealed to the streets a certain section of the streets. First you go to the depths of hell, take them out of there and fix them.

quote:

The Originators
Jaz-O
Featuring JAY-Z, 1989

[Verse 2: Jay-Z]
Wreckin and wreckin in seconds less than speeds of light
So the miggeda-more that come, the miggeda-merrier, right, right
Excitin the mic much to the delight of millions of Nubians
And Amorites just can't understand the groove we're in
Cool, it might take a couple of takes for you to clarify
Don't lie, you coulda never got in on the first try
But never to worry, I'm not in a hurry, take your time
Cause it's my rhyme, I siggeda-said so, and I'm J-a-y-Z, y'all know me
I wish you co-write, cause you'd pay me all the rhymes you stole from me
Leave you freeze in a minute, you gotta get in it breathin
Only when it lets, no sweat, I stutter-step with ease, and
Stop fakin, you're makin it, son
I'm breakin and breakin and breakin your tongue
Don't get caught perpetratin the cool ones
Figure we're bigger and badder and better, and baby, let's face it
We bring havoc, flowin faster than rabbits, try to race it
The lyrical miracle writer, flippin until it drives you
Crazy, seek spiritual help from Jaz and Jay Zee
Standin in awe, you saw the best of em all, the rest will fall
Requestin for more, jaws stuck on the floor
These lyrics I pour, we saw, because we're greater
And we are the thiggida-thiggida-thiggida-the (the) originators
Word

Cure the blackman
And bring him back to the way he was
In his original state

https://genius.com/Jaz-o-the-originators-lyrics
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
As if the 90s and the Afrocentric movement, the X hat and all that "conscious" stuff wasn't the most dominant theme in black life at the time. (MUCH MORE than what it is now). And the point of the gangsta rap was to shut down that movement both from within and without. And many of those doing it from within are those you see today who claim they did it all for the money and want a pat on the back for it..... Like Jay Z.

This is the reality of most black people.

quote:

Pluckin Cards
Ultramagnetic MC's, 1992

You takin off and you're gold and for what?
Because you wanna be down and so what?
You buy your African beads from Koreans
Africans, you walkin by human beings
You don't know, you're so stupid
Take the books you read you're still stupid
Learn, see the rappers I burn
You're coming next, it's your turn

https://genius.com/Ultramagnetic-mcs-pluckin-cards-lyrics
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
De La Soul 1996 Stakes is high.... true hip hop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj-vPcCfQ6k

I was in the scene myself, somewhat deep. [Cool]

I can open a few cans of worms about a few folks, but I am type of person.

quote:

But anyone who lets a rap record get to them like that needs to be mentally checked.

Great argument on the Mexican mafia. I do think that they have other means by making illegal money legal.

Many of my younger cousins, including my younger brothers listen(ed) to his music and all turned out fine, with high skilled jobs or self-employed businesses.

quote:
That's how you rinse it"
For like 2 million

https://genius.com/Jay-z-the-story-of-oj-lyrics

quote:

You know you wouldn't be involved
With the underworld dealers, carriers of mac-millers
East Coast bodiers, West Coast cap-peelers
Little monkey niggas turn gorillas
Stopped at the station, filled up on octane
And now they not sane and not playing, that goes without saying
Slingin' day in and day out, 'til money play in, then they play you out
Trying to escape my own mind, lurking the enemy
Representing infinity with presidencies, you know?

https://genius.com/Jay-z-dead-presidents-lyrics

quote:

And now as I mentioned before the Supreme Court is allowing racial slurs to be trademarked and a black guy wants to turn the "n-word" into something "positive". Wonder where the Asians are trying to do the same for "Ch***".... (Even though the rock group "The Slants" formed by Asian Americans are the reason for the Supreme Court case in the first place, you don't hear Asians calling themselves slants in entertainment or popular culture).

You already posted this, and I already replied to this. I have a busy life, I don't like to spin in circles.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Jay Z did a song in 1989 as a feature on Jaz-O's album
Jaz-O was a Nuwabian at the time.

When Jay Z came out as a solo artist it was in 1996, the album Reasonable Doubt

There was a song on there where Jaz-o was featured

Bring It On
JAY-Z
Featuring Jaz-O & Sauce Money (hook, Fat Joe sample)

[Skit]
Aye, Purse, rack 'em up, man
What you bettin', Biggs?
Bet the same thing
Ay, yo, I got next, man
Yo, you got the money, man? You ass bettin' ass, nigga
The shit is right downstairs in the trunk
Don't trip; we parked right behind each other, nigga
I'ma get the shit before we go downstairs
Yeah, aight, what's up with that case, man?
Aw, man, it ain't nothin
Ain't nobody snitchin' or nothing; you know our team is tight
Still sittin' on seven digits, unlike you, you broke ass nigga
Fuck outta here, this cat right here
This broke ass, ass bettin' ass nigga
Bettin' five thousand ain't got no money
Chili cheese face ass nigga (fuck outta here)
Sandy cake face ass nigga (fuck outta here)
*Laughter*

[Intro: Sauce Money]
Ayo, Jay, word up
These mothafuckas fucking talking
That comeback shit like they cooking crack
Shit, I ain't fronting
All I want my pockets green like slum change
You know what I'm saying?
Front the roll we roll back like rubbers, mothafucka, for real
With no trace of A.I.D.S
We keep our pockets fully blown
Roc-A-Fella clique, nigga

[Verse 1: Sauce Money]
We patting down pussy from Sugarhill to the Shark Bar
Fuck a bitch D in the marked car
We got the bad bitches gasping for air in Aspen
Searching for Aspirin when I ascend, we swing
You cling we do our thing and bring
Slinging your ding-a-ling from Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn to Beijing
East coast host is hostile colossal
Money flaring like nostrils for drug dealing apostles
Al Pacino down to Nino Brown
Me, Jay and Primo, got it sewed across the board like Poquino
Teflon, make sure your jammy is full
Cause I heard, Sammy the Bull lamps in Miami with pull
Tropical leaves where I got a few keys
With my man I'll stock a few G's, now it's unstoppable cheese
Said we was garbage, so fuck college
Street knowledge amazing to scholars when we coin phrases for dollars
Star studded bitches with crystals
Get fucked with pistols, just to see my shit, discharge puss
I drop the stellar, even acapella
I got to tell all about Roc-A-Fella

[Hook: Fat Joe]
Yeah, bring it on if you think you can hang
And if not then let me do my thing

[Verse 2: Jay-Z]
Mannerisms of a young Bobby DeNiro, spent Spanish wisdoms
In a whip with dinero, crime organized like the Pharoahe
I CREAM, I diamond gleam
High post like Hakeem, got a lot of things to drop
Brooklyn to Queens, I gotta keep my steam
Niggas wanna try to hem my long jeans
Uptown fiend for Jay-Z to appear on the scene
In the meanwhile, here's something dope for y'all to lean
Liaison for days on end
Money make the world go around so I made some to spend
Can I live, did dough with my nigs
Dividends flow like the Mississippi Riv' looking jig
Can't do for dolo, had to turn away when Tony killed Manolo
That's real, mixed feelings like a mulatto
Thug thought he was O.G. Bobby Johnson
I played him like Benny Blanco, mano a mano
You ain't ready, I fondle trigger straight up, shoot my guns horizontal
Get your weight up, I am
2.2 pounds, you're barely 125 grams
Wouldn't expect y'all to understand this money
Do the knowledge, due to few dollars, I'm due to demolish
Crews Brooklyn through Hollis to a hood near you, what the fuck?

[Hook: Fat Joe]
Bring it on if you think you can hang

[Verse 3: Big Jaz]
Money is power, I'm energetic with facial credit
Pure platinum fetish for cheddars
Spread lettuce heroes get deadish
I make moves that remove pebbles out of shoes
You suck pistol like pipe with the crystal
John Stockton couldn't assist you
Convoys of Benzes like we fouling in the U.N
So what the fuck you doing? Whatever, nigga
Fahrvegnugen, rugged yet polished
Spanking dollars with the commas
Banging bitches out the Bahamas
On hides of llama we cry nada, fly farther
Fry hotter, you die gotta, fuck with me witness mańana
Absence of malice in my palace
Call cousin now Dallas trigger finger with the callus
Tip scales from mail to keep these niggas off balance
Your frequent stops to O.T.B. you feeding me
Steam a nigga scheming on the wrist action with the gleams
Jewels for Pop Duke fulfill your dreams
Never put the pure brown sugar before the dirty green cream

[Hook]
Yeah, bring it on, bring it on, bring it on
Bring it on, if you think, if you think, if you think

^ Drug dealer music, that is what Jay Z built his empire on and he would tell you that himself

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:

^ Drug dealer music, that is what Jay Z built his empire on and he would tell you that himself

A lot of black people were annoyed by conscious rap, they were like "oh no not this again".…

The gangster Rap was marketed strong. This is why you can hear a lot of similar gangster rap songs of that time. One can wonder, was it the marketer / provider or the buyer /client who created this atmosphere?

I even new a guy who was into R&B and R&B only LA Reid and Babyface level. One day decided to buy the P.E. CD, his first rap CD ever. His girlfriend broke up with him over that, that and that only, nothing else.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

[QUOTE]
Story of O.J.
-Jay Z

[i]Take your drug money and buy the neighborhood
That's how you rinse it"

[QUOTE]

That's the message to the youth. Become a drug dealer so you can buy the neighborhood.

The great thing about that is after you buy the neighborhood nobody else can sell their goods there unless you approve it

Drug dealing is the first step to freedom

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
J said:

"Take your drug money and buy the neighborhood"

So now that Jay Z is worth over eight hundred million, has he bought any neighborhoods?

Ish what is J doing with his money besides spoiling his kids?

quote:

Jay-Z Charity Work, Events and Causes

• Artists for Peace and Justice
  • Boys & Girls Clubs of America
  • Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
  • Global Poverty Project
  • GRAMMY Foundation
  • Keep A Child Alive
  • Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
  • Music for Relief
  • PlayPumps
  • Red Cross
  • Robin Hood

Causes supported

• AIDS & HIV
  • At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths
  • Cancer
  • Children
  • Creative Arts
  • Disaster Relief
  • Economic/Business Support
  • Education
  • Environment
  • Family/Parent Support
  • Health
  • Human Rights
  • Miscellaneous
  • Poverty
  • Water

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/jay-z#charities

quote:

He expanded the Roc a-Fella brand to include a popular urban clothing line and a film company. He started an upscale sports bar in NYC, called the 40/40 Club, and later added venues in Atlantic City, Las Vegas and Atlanta. In 2012, he became a part owner of the Brooklyn Nets basketball franchise. He founded a sports management company, Roc Nation Sports, in 2013. And in 2015 he launched Tidal, a music streaming service. Last week it was announced that he plans on creating his own venture capital firm, with longtime partner, Jay Brown.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomward/2017/06/20/from-the-corner-to-the-boardroom-lessons-in-business-from-jay-zs-lyrics/#4bc4ee1482aa
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ish Gebor:

[QUOTE]
Story of O.J.
-Jay Z

That's how you rinse it"

quote:

That's the message to the youth. Become a drug dealer so you can buy the neighborhood.

The great thing about that is after you buy the neighborhood nobody else can sell their goods there unless you approve it

Drug dealing is the first step to freedom

Drug dealers already existed and not because of Jay Z et al.

The problem lies deeper and is a social structure created by politicians.

quote:

Top adviser to Richard Nixon admitted that ‘War on Drugs’ was policy tool to go after anti-war protesters and ‘black people’

The Rev. Al Sharpton said Ehrlichman’s comments proved what black people had believed for decades.

“This is a frightening confirmation of what many of us have been saying for years. That this was a real attempt by government to demonize and criminalize a race of people,” Sharpton told the Daily News. “And when we would raise the questions over that targeting, we were accused of all kind of things, from harboring criminality to being un-American and trying to politicize a legitimate concern.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/nixon-aide-war-drugs-tool-target-black-people-article-1.2573832
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
That's how you rinse it"

He calls that V12 engine move a dumb move. Did he really do it, did he really live the lifestyle, was it metaphorical? Was it to appeal listeners? [Roll Eyes]

How Does Brooklyn Feel About Jay Z in 2016?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-4Sa5zr2w

Anyway, I responded to this, …:

quote:

And this:

Many white dealers / criminals have created inherited money, creating mega empires. So if you do it as a black person you might as well… That is what he is saying.

Do I support drugs dealing, no of course not.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Jay Z teaches the first step in buying your neighborhood is to sell crack. That's his message
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
The arguments against gangster rap are 30 years old. Gangsters don't rap they just do it and no you aren't going to be on TV and on records and REALLY selling crack and not get locked up. That is common sense.

Symbolically in the 80s and 90s a lot of black youth had an intense pride in self and self awareness of blackness (a holdover from the 70s when most of these kids came up) and as a result this flowered in early Hip Hop which was a rejection of the negativity and violence of inner city life. The pride was in the skills and creativity you possessed in being able to articulate and manipulate language to a higher form. By the time the Malcom X books came along and the Afrocentric scholars, these folks were ready and willing to jump on it as a manifestation of black pride. Early hip hop was all party and having fun. It was not about shooting people or selling drugs. That said, most house parties and other parties did have some sort of violence but it was mostly fist fights. And in those parties people did rap about being pick pockets, "hustlers", and other things. But the difference was, those folks were "repping" things they ACTUALLY DID. They weren't talking about fantasy world entertainment. You couldn't rap about beating down dudes in certain neighborhoods and not expect somebody to holla at you later on. So while there were some retarded juveniles (literally kids between 12 and 18) who wanted to hear "gangsta" rap, most folks knew that no black man is going to be rapping bout selling drugs on wax and getting away with it because it is totally fake. And that became one of the biggest criticisms of "gangster rap" is that it is totally fake. Yeah some of the dudes may have drug dealers at one time but once start rapping on the radio and on TV about it, you are basically diming yourself out. And no "real" criminal is going to do that.

So when the 90s came around many of the "conscious" or "creative" minds were already talking about rap as a force to "open up" the minds of more black youth to their power and potential as a people, rejecting the negativity and stereotypes of "traditional" media. Rapping was associated with consciousness and speaking "the word" was equated with manifesting real life situations in your mind and the reality around you. Thus positive uplifting lyrics expressed the power of the individual and the self to rise above and could inspire others to do the same. (As some folks said back then MC means mind controller. And as a result of the growth of Afrocentrism and the knowledge of KMT, many associated conscious rap with the god PTAH). Then on the other hand the "gangsta" crowd started saying that the youth wanted to hear the "reality" of the streets and that "gangsta rap" could be used as a tool to educate (Tupac Shakur.... child of a black panther). Of course many other folks rejected this argument and understood that it was using the words of rap to inspire negantivity and self destruction among black youth which was totally the opposite of the way and roots of how Hip Hop started. And it is no coincidence that this negative form of rap took off just as big record companies started investing in hip hop in the 90s. Because before that black folks had to make their own records, literally from scratch or sell tapes. So this argument isn't new it is old. Folks who were there mostly knew what they were doing and unfortunately the conscious folks were put on the back burner and real hip hop disappeared. Instead of creativity at manipulating words and rhymes it is about who can say "ni**a" one hundred million times. And most of those who grew up with hip hop have long stopped even listening to it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVr1xoAjyM

From Canibus, former Data Analyst for Dept of Justice.....

tific
Banned
Member # 22768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tific     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How do I know this? I was one of the original B-Girls

[Roll Eyes]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006195;p=1

https://imgur.com/a/GVIDt#rSlj1X7

Some of the most successful rap artists are a disgrace. They have no vision , culture , class & cannot articulate themselves. The majority of the consumers also do not share the same complexion as them.

Their are also very few avenues in employment where you could freely enter if you had a criminal background .. Ask yourself why & when did the music industry make it acceptable & respectable to sign & promote many who boast of criminality in the name of art?

--------------------
Account deactivated on request

Posts: 16 | From: europe | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Jay Z teaches the first step in buying your neighborhood is to sell crack. That's his message

It's how you interpret it.

Rambo killed a lot of folks, but I never picked up a gun because of that. Did you?

quote:

Jay Z - Where I'm From

Uh huh
Y-y-yea
Y-y-yea
Y-y-yea
(Brooklyn)
How real is, this?
How real is, this?
(Brooklyn)
Uh uh uh
(Brooklyn)
Respect this here, check!

[Verse 1]
I'm from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come
You and your mans hung in every verse in your rhyme
Where the grams is slung, niggas vanish every summer
When the blue vans would come, we throw the work in the can and run
Where the plans was to get funds and skate off the set
To achieve this goal quicker, sold all my weight wet
Faced with immeasurable odds, still I gave straight bets
So I felt I'm owed something and you nothing, check
I'm from the other side where the other guys don't walk too much
And girls in the projects wouldn't fuck us, said we talked too much
So they ran up to Tompkins and sought them dudes to trust
I don't know what the fuck they thought, those niggas is foul just like us
I'm from where the beef is inevitable, Summertime's unforgettable
Boosters in abundance, buy a half-price sweater new
Your word was everything, so everything you said you'd do
You did it, couldn't talk about it if you ain't lived it
I'm from where niggas pull your card, And argue all day about
Who's the best MCs, Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas?
Where the drugs czars evolve, and thugs are at odds
At each other's throats for the love of foreign cars
Where cats catch cases, hoping the judge R-and-R's
But most times find themselves locked up behind bars, is that all?
I'm from where they ball and breed rhyme stars
I'm from Marcy son, just thought I'd remind y'all

[Hook]
Cough up a lung, where I'm from, Marcy son, ain't nothing nice
Mentally been many places but I'm Brooklyn's own
(So where you from?)

[Verse 2]
I'm from the place where the church is the flakiest
And niggas been praying to God so long that they atheist
Where you can't put your vest away and say you'll wear it tomorrow
'cause the day after we'll be saying, "Damn, I was just with him yesterday"
I'm a block away from hell, not enough shots away from stray shells
An ounce away from a triple beam, still using a hand-held weight scale
You're laughing, you know the place well, where the liquor stores and the base well
And government.. fuck government, niggas politic theyselves
Where we call the cops the A-Team cause they hop out of vans and spray things
And life expectancy so low we making out wills at eighteens
Where how you get rid of guys who step out of line, your rep solidifies
So tell me when I rap, you think I give a fuck who criticize?
If the shit is lies, God strike me and I got a question
Are you forgiving guys who live just like me? We'll never know
One day I prayed to you and said if I ever blow, I'd let 'em know
The stakes, and exactly what takes place in the ghetto
Promise fulfilled, still I feel my job ain't done

[Hook]
(So where you from?)

[Verse 3]
I'm from where they cross-over and clap boards
Lost Jehovah in place of rap lords, listen
I'm up the block, around the corner and down the street
From where the pimps, prostitutes and the drug lords meet
We make a million off of beats, cause our stories is deep
And fuck tomorrow, as long as the night before was sweet
Niggas get lost for weeks in the streets, twisted off leak
And no matter the weather, niggas know how to draw heat
Whether you're four-feet or Manute size, it always starts out with
Three dice and shoot the five
Niggas thought they deuce was live, now I hit 'em with trips
And I reached down for their money, pa forget about this
This time around it's platinum, like the shit on my wrist
And this Glock on my waist, y'all can't do shit about this
Niggas'll show you love, that's how they fool thugs
Before you know it, you're lying in a pool of blood

[Hook]
(So where you from?)

https://genius.com/amp/Jay-z-where-im-from-lyrics
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

The arguments against gangster rap are 30 years old. Gangsters don't rap they just do it and no you aren't going to be on TV and on records and REALLY selling crack and not get locked up. That is common sense.

quote:
As we escape from New York we'll see a whole lot of fiction

Drug dealers wanna be rappers and rappers frontin' drugs

Sadat X - Escapes from New York.

quote:

Illegal Business Lyrics

Cocaine business controls America
Ganja business controls America
K-R-S One come to start some hysteria
Illegal Business controls America

One afternoon around eleven o'clock
It was freezing cold
He was standing on the block
Selling cheeba
Mixing dimes
Saying a rhyme
Just to pass the time

The cops passed by
But he stayed calm
'Cause the leather trench coat
Was keeping him warm
But this time they walked by real slowly
He thought to himself
They look like they know me

They drove away
But he didn't stay
He jumped in the cab
And he paid his tab
But guess who he saw
When he hit the block
It was the same cop car
The same two cops

They jumped out quick
They pulled a gun
They said,
Don't try to fight
And don't try to run
Cooperate and we will be your friend
Non-cooperation will be your end

He jumped in the car
And wile they rode
They ran down the list of things he owed
They said you owe us some money
You owe us some product
'Cause you could be right
In the river tied up

He thought for a second and he said
What is this?
You want me to pay you
To stay in business?
They said,
That's right, or you go to prison
'Cause nobody out there is really gonna listen
To a hood, so he said
Good, I'll pay you off for the whole neighborhood
Because

(What can we get for sixty-three cents?)

A guy named Jack is selling crack
The community doesn't want him back
He sells at work
He sells in schools
He's not stupid, the cops are the fools
'Cause everyone else
Seems to go to jail
But when it comes to Jack
The cops just fail.

They can't arrest him
They cannot stop him.
'Cause even in jail
The bail unlocks him
So here is the deal
And here is the facts

If you ever wonder why
They can't stop crack
The police department
Is like a crew
It does whatever they want to do

In society you have illegal and legal
We need both to make things equal
So legal is tobacco
Illegal is speed
Legal is aspirin
Illegal is weed
Crack is illegal, 'cause they cannot stop ya
But cocaine is legal if its owned by a doctor

Everything you do in private is illegal
Everything's legal if the government can see you
Don't get me wrong
America is great place to live
But listen to the knowledge I give

What can we get for sixty-three cents?

K-R-S One comes to start some hysteria
What what what what

Yeah, illegal business controls America
Yeah, K-R-S One comes to start some hysteria
Yeah, B-D-P taking over America

Cocaine, sensi, aspirin, coffee, morphine, sugar, tobacco
Got to go
(What what what what can we get?)
Illegal business controls America
(What what what can we get?)
Yeah
(What what what what?)
(What what what can we get for sixty-three cents?)
Yeah, cocaine business controls America

Boogie Down Productions – Illegal Business
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the lioness,:
[qb] Jay Z teaches the first step in buying your neighborhood is to sell crack. That's his message

Rambo killed a lot of folks, but I never picked up a gun because of that.

quote:

Jay Z - Where I'm From

The song is poetically written. He's saying he's tough because he comes from a tough neighborhood.
He shoots somebody and when they're down on the ground he takes their money. There's nothing they can do about it, he has the glock on his waist.

Rambo a former U.S. soldier lives in Thailand, in a village near the Burmese border and makes a living capturing snakes and selling them in a nearby village. Rambo gets in a confrontation with the Burmese army

You are not likely to relate to that

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by tific:
quote:

How do I know this? I was one of the original B-Girls

[Roll Eyes]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006195;p=1

https://imgur.com/a/GVIDt#rSlj1X7

Some of the most successful rap artists are a disgrace. They have no vision , culture , class & cannot articulate themselves. The majority of the consumers also do not share the same complexion as them.

Their are also very few avenues in employment where you could freely enter if you had a criminal background .. Ask yourself why & when did the music industry make it acceptable & respectable to sign & promote many who boast of criminality in the name of art?

lol that was one funny post throughout the history of the site.

"How do I know this? I was one of the original B-Girls"

That means the lioness is at least 55. And that is at minimum. [Big Grin]

The original B-Boy and home-girls (b-girls) are from mid70s-early 80s, upwards to "less original" mid80s.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the lioness,:
[qb] Jay Z teaches the first step in buying your neighborhood is to sell crack. That's his message

Rambo killed a lot of folks, but I never picked up a gun because of that.

quote:

Jay Z - Where I'm From

The song is poetically written. He's saying he's tough because he comes from a tough neighborhood.
He shoots somebody and when they're down on the ground he takes their money. There's nothing they can do about it, he has the glock on his waist.

Rambo a former U.S. soldier lives in Thailand, in a village near the Burmese border and makes a living capturing snakes and selling them in a nearby village. Rambo gets in a confrontation with the Burmese army

You are not likely to relate to that

Still you have people Rambo crazy in America. I am sure you can think of a few others like him in American movies, running in the streets of America, for instance: King of New York.

quote:

Cough up a lung, where I'm from, Marcy son, ain't nothing nice Mentally been many places but I'm Brooklyn's own

Jay Z - Where I'm From.

The irony is that Ghettos (and some projects) are like war-torn areas. Constructed by social engineers.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Symbolically in the 80s and 90s a lot of black youth had an intense pride in self and self awareness of blackness (a holdover from the 70s when most of these kids came up) and as a result this flowered in early Hip Hop which was a rejection of the negativity and violence of inner city life. The pride was in the skills and creativity you possessed in being able to articulate and manipulate language to a higher form. By the time the Malcom X books came along and the Afrocentric scholars, these folks were ready and willing to jump on it as a manifestation of black pride. Early hip hop was all party and having fun. It was not about shooting people or selling drugs.

Indeed, and then came NWA.

Lord Jamar:

https://youtu.be/aVg3UZHSZYU?t=202

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

quote:
As we escape from New York we'll see a whole lot of fiction

Drug dealers wanna be rappers and rappers frontin' drugs

Sadat X - Escapes from New York.

quote:

Illegal Business Lyrics

One afternoon around eleven o'clock
It was freezing cold
He was standing on the block
Selling cheeba
Mixing dimes
Saying a rhyme
Just to pass the time

The cops passed by
But he stayed calm
'Cause the leather trench coat
Was keeping him warm
But this time they walked by real slowly
He thought to himself
They look like they know me

They drove away
But he didn't stay
He jumped in the cab
And he paid his tab
But guess who he saw
When he hit the block
It was the same cop car
The same two cops

They jumped out quick
They pulled a gun
They said,
Don't try to fight
And don't try to run
Cooperate and we will be your friend
Non-cooperation will be your end

He jumped in the car
And wile they rode
They ran down the list of things he owed
They said you owe us some money
You owe us some product
'Cause you could be right
In the river tied up

He thought for a second and he said
What is this?
You want me to pay you
To stay in business?
They said,
That's right, or you go to prison
'Cause nobody out there is really gonna listen
To a hood, so he said
Good, I'll pay you off for the whole neighborhood
Because

A guy named Jack is selling crack
The community doesn't want him back
He sells at work
He sells in schools
He's not stupid, the cops are the fools
'Cause everyone else
Seems to go to jail
But when it comes to Jack
The cops just fail.

They can't arrest him
They cannot stop him.
'Cause even in jail
The bail unlocks him
So here is the deal
And here is the facts

If you ever wonder why
They can't stop crack
The police department
Is like a crew
It does whatever they want to do

In society you have illegal and legal
We need both to make things equal
So legal is tobacco
Illegal is speed
Legal is aspirin
Illegal is weed
Crack is illegal, 'cause they cannot stop ya
But cocaine is legal if its owned by a doctor

Everything you do in private is illegal
Everything's legal if the government can see you
Don't get me wrong
America is great place to live
But listen to the knowledge I give

K-R-S One comes to start some hysteria
What what what what

Yeah, illegal business controls America
Yeah, K-R-S One comes to start some hysteria
Yeah, B-D-P taking over America

Cocaine, sensi, aspirin, coffee, morphine, sugar, tobacco
Got to go
(What what what can we get?)
Yeah
(What what what what?)
(What what what can we get for sixty-three cents?)
Yeah, cocaine business controls America

Boogie Down Productions – Illegal Business

The funniest part of the whole story is that the music business is controlled by white, jewish and italian thugs. And black folks from the hood never ever went up and bucked on them folks. They fell right in line when it came to going up against real thugs. This is why they don't rap about killing cra***s. They are scared. But they got no problem talking about killing and disrespecting other black folks. And hence those that so called "made it" in the industry are just fronting because all the real money is still going to white hands.

What is a mafia? In reality it is all about control of economic activity. The history of America with its ethnic rivalries and systematic racism was basically formed as a Anglo mafia system. The Anglos ran the country on the charter received from Europe for profiting off the land, labor and wealth of the Native Americans. The Italians, Jews, Irish and other ethnic Europeans had to fight between themselves to establish their own economic opportunities, giving rise to "mafias" which started out as looking to control the money in their respective "hoods" or "slums". (The first slums in America were populated by white folks not Africans). As time went on these other groups were able to move on and integrate into the larger society, with their mafias still in place but now more assimilated into the "mainstream" criminal system. And for most of American cinema history and real life history the face of crime was white and the adored and revered outlaws all white of course because America is an outlaw country. Black folks never were part of this criminal enterprise. At best they could be flunkies and tokens. So by the 70s and 80s when you hear about all these black drug kingpins what you are seeing are flunkies and tokens and white media making black folks the face of crime in the news and in the media. And this also represents the real mafias using black wannabes as the tool to destroy black society, because too many black kids want to be Al Capone (who was racist and hated Ni**as) but how many white kids want to be Bumpy Johnson? All of which is nothing more than the continuation of the historic racial stereotypes used to justify enslavement and oppression of Africans which now has morphed into the criminal industrial complex. Which means black men can be seen as a threat just for being black regardless of whether or not they are criminals. And gangsta rap is simply pushing the same agenda by the white media and white mafia using black flunkies as fronts. Sadly now not only do you have to deal with the old mafias and racists you now have new folks in terms of the Mexicans, Asians and other groups moving to America. And all these folks have mafias of their own and in this sense I am not talking about crime, but about keeping money within the community. All these other groups strongly adhere to a principle of group first. Black folks are the only ones who put everybody else first before their own group. NOBODY else does this in America or on the planet. And all these other groups are bypassing black folks getting greater economic assimilation and opportunities than all the black folks who did the fighting and dying against racism to make those opportunities possible for others to take advantage of.

So all that said, if you are really "hungry" coming up in the streets and really hard core and willing to do what it takes to get to the top, then you should be taking over the rap industry as an industry because that is where the money is. Black folks by rights should run the industry, if not a large portion of it. But they don't. Therefore they are not and can never really be thugs or a "mafia" in that system. They don't run nothing and aren't taking the money from anybody (like other folks are taking money from black folks).

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
No worries Baby and Rick Ross can start a distribution company
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

lol @ the midgets.

So, when are you going to mention the giants?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

lol @ the midgets.

Go ahead, list the biggest black owned labels, 2017

Those would be the most likely labels, the ones if they collaborated with each other who might enough money to try to start a distribution company competitive with the big ones as per
distributing hip hop music

also Kanye West's G.O.O.D music , Drakes company and T.I's Grand Hustle

However, more and more digital distribution is bypassing these companies

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol @ the midgets.

Go ahead, list the biggest black owned labels, 2017

Those would be the most likely labels, the ones if they collaborated with each other who might enough money to try to start a distribution company competitive with the big ones as per
distributing hip hop music

also Kanye West's G.O.O.D music , Drakes company and T.I's Grand Hustle

LOL I asked you first.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I just mentioned the largest black owned labels in hip hop.
That means if there was to be a black owned distribution company they are the ones, if some got together, most likely to have the money and hip hop music production background to form such a corporation on a scale competitive with the existing distribution companies but focused solely on hip hop.
They could also have black investors who might be from other non-music businesses.
Also
Dr. Dre $830 M
Jay Z $810 M
Sean Combs – Diddy $750 M
Russell Simmons $325 M
Master P $350 M
Eminem $210 M

^ some of them collaborating would be amongst the most likely to have the money and music background to start a distribution company competitive on the hip hop market

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
That means if there was to be a black owned distribution company they are the ones, if some got together, most likely to have the money and hip hop music production background to form such a corporation on a scale competitive with the existing distribution companies but focused solely on hip hop.
They could also have black investors who might be from other non-music businesses.
Also
Dr. Dre $830 M
Jay Z $810 M
Russell Simmons $325 M
Master P $350 M
Eminem $210 M

^ some of them collaborating would be amongst the most likely to have the money and music background to start a distribution company competitive on the hip hop market

I asked, so when are you going to mention the giants? What you posted is peanuts. What I mean by giants are the conventional labels.

And most of what these moguls made was made only within the last 10 to 20 years. The derogatory and exploitation has been going on much longer.

A of course I understand that when they bring capital together they can change the market, slowly.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Digital distribution in most cases is still depending on conventional labels. They do marketing and have inherited connections.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Also
Dr. Dre $830 M
Jay Z $810 M
Russell Simmons $325 M
Master P $350 M
Eminem $210 M

^ some of them collaborating would be amongst the most likely to have the money and music background to start a distribution company competitive on the hip hop market [/qb]

I asked, so when are you going to mention the giants?
I told you I don't do test questions, questions where the person asking already knows the answer and questions that any fool can go look up on google.

Secondly your question is diversionary

Doug said:

quote:

So all that said, if you are really "hungry" coming up in the streets and really hard core and willing to do what it takes to get to the top, then you should be taking over the rap industry as an industry because that is where the money is. Black folks by rights should run the industry, if not a large portion of it. But they don't. Therefore they are not and can never really be thugs or a "mafia" in that system. They don't run nothing and aren't taking the money from anybody (like other folks are taking money from black folks). [/qb]

So it is irrelevant to Doug's statement to state who the largest labels and distributers of hip hop music are are because Doug was talking about blacks taking over the hip hop industry. So I pointed out who the people are in the strongest position to collaborate and do that.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I told you I don't do test questions, questions where the person asking already knows the answer and questions that any fool can go look up on google.

If you are part of a conversation, then at least have some decency in responding properly. And you are a fool, so my question to you made perfect sense. So instead of dancing around the question, answer the question so I can walk you trough reality.

quote:
Secondly your question is diversionary

What Doug proposed looks nice and dandy on paper, but that is not how the business world works.

In early days you had independent labels (white and black labels), but still depending on distribution and marketing, this is the core of how the music industry works. These large labels have the largest capital and biggest share in the industry.

You need to stop hiding behind peoples post, simply because you can't formulate in an intelligent way a preposition. It indeed makes you look like a fool. So you'll shift it into me being diversionary. [Big Grin]

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
The easiest way to take over the music industry is for black Artists to boycott it. Period. Game over. But black folks don't have enough unity of agenda and purpose to do that. Back in the 70s and 80s there was no possibility for black youth rapping to get a record deal, therefore they had no choice but to distribute their own tapes and make their own records. That was the only way hip hop could be heard unless you saw it performed live in a playground or in a party. So black folks were already doing the work of establishing their own industry. Most of the time when you went to any large event with DJs you saw plenty of black folks selling music tapes out of the trunks of their cars. DJs always made recordings of their parties and custom mix tapes. The problem is that as the 90s came along and record companies started signing black folks, many black folks simply said "screw that" and totally ran for the money from the record industry. Everything else about not being able to distribute music is simply an excuse that these folks made to join white record companies. And the downfall of hip hop occurred after that point.

It is funny when black folks complain about how they can't distribute something for legitimate money but have no problem participating in and risking their lives to distribute illegal substances..... It is hilarious actually. That is why these folks who came along with "gangsta rap" are considered coons. The move after the 90s was supposed to be about a new generation of black folks taking over and not allowing themselves to be exploited. That was the point of all the lectures, black nationalist identity and Malcolm X talk. But coons said "I just want the check and I don't care about that black stuff". So instead of consolidating and controlling the rap "product" (like good thugs are supposed to do), they decided to front and pretend to be selling crack 'products' on the street while in a record studio they don't own working for non black folks.... Hence why Jay-Z is talking about himself.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
^
NWA was the response to Public Enemy.

Snoop Dogg was the response to Tim Dog.

quote:
That was the point of all the lectures, black nationalist identity and Malcolm X talk. But coons said "I just want the check and I don't care about that black stuff".

Executives and high level table sits decide what is going to be marketed and released, not the artists. Artists have no say in this, artists make less than 1%.

They know very well, when you offer "one hundred thousand" dollars to someone from the Ghetto or Project, that person will respond in most cases.

Btw, during the 80s rap was already a global phenomenon.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

That is nonsense
Public Enemy were from Roosevelt, Long Island New York
Chuck and his peers as youths while attending Afrocentric summer camps at Hofstra University in the early ’70s.

N.W.A was from Compton California where gangs and drive-bys were dominant and black people weren't as educated as black people in New York and Straight Out of Compton came out in 1988, same year as It Takes a Nation of Millions
The culture in New York did not exist in Compton and music alone does not create culture anyway

The big selling drug dealer kingpin rap came in with Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy and Jay Z in the mid 90s.
It was it's own thing not influenced by N.W.A.' s gang oriented style
By the mid 90s people were tired of conscious rap and became interested in the rags to riches type rap although Columbia tried to revive it with Dead Prez "Let's Get Free" in 2000

quote:

Executives and high level table sits decide what is going to be marketed and released, not the artists. Artists have no say in this, artists make less than 1%.

They know very well, when you offer "one hundred thousand" dollars to someone from the Ghetto or Project, that person will respond in most cases.

Btw, during the 80s rap was already a global phenomenon. [/QB]

Record executives from Columbia Records
decided to promote Public Enemy
and produced the albums>
Yo Bum Rush the show,
It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back,
Fear of a Black Planet

etc.

Record Executives from Electra and Arista decided to promote Brand Nubian

Record Executives from Island Records decided to promote X Clan

Record executives from EMI decided to promote the Coup

Record executives from Columbia Records decided to promote Dead Prez

Maybe all this was a plot to make black people think revolutionary music could replace actual revolution, obviously these executives were telling these artists what to do

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

quote:

That is nonsense

The only one who is typing nonsense here is you.

This dispute was even in a RightOn, interview!

You don't know what you're talking about, so as always you try to keep the conversation going, thinking it will make the thread somewhat relevant.

I've met P.E. (and others) personally, so called "original b-girl"!

quote:

Lyrics

You spend a buck in the 80's, what you get is a preacher
Forgivin' this torture of the system that brought 'cha
I'm on a mission and you got that right
Addin' fuel to the fire, punch to the fight
Many have forgotten what we came here for
Never knew or had a clue, so you're on the floor
Just growin not knowin about your past
now you're lookin' pretty stupid while you're shakin' your ass

Mind over matter, mouth in motion
Can't deny cause I'll never be quiet
Let's start this right

Some people fear me when I walk this way
Some come near me, some run away
Some people take heed to every word I say
Some want to build a posse, some stay away
Some people think that we plan to fail
Wonder why we go under or go to yail
Some ask us why we act the way we act
Without lookin' how long they kept us back

Can't deny it cause I'll never be quiet

Yes you if I bore you, I won't ignore you
I'm sayin things that they say I'm not supposed to
Give you pride that you may not find
If you're blind about your past then ill point behind
Kings, Queens, warriors, lovers
People proud, sisters and brothers
It's the biggest fear, suckers get tears
When we can top their best idea

Let's start this right

Our solution, mind revolution
Corners don't sell it, no you can't buy it
Can't defy it cause I'll never be quiet
Let's start this right

Our solution, mind revolution
Can't sell it, no you can't buy it in a potion
You lie about the life that you wanted to try
Tellin' me about a head, you decided to fly
Another brother with the same woes that you face
But you shot with the same hands, you fall from grace
Every brother should be every brother's keeper
But you shot with your left while your right was on your beeper

Let's start this right

As the world turns, it's a terrible waste
To see the stupid look sluck on your face
Timebomb alarm for the world, just try it
Known to all zones as the one man riot
I'm on a mission to set you straight
Children, it's not too late
Explain to the world when it's plain to see
To be what the world doesn't want us to be

Let's start this right

https://genius.com/Public-enemy-rightstarter-message-to-a-black-man-lyrics
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Record executives from Columbia Records
decided to promote Public Enemy
and produced the albums>
Yo Bum Rush the show,
It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back,
Fear of a Black Planet

etc.

Record Executives from Electra and Arista decided to promote Brand Nubian

Record Executives from Island Records decided to promote X Clan

Record executives from EMI decided to promote the Coup

Record executives from Columbia Records decided to promote Dead Prez

Maybe all this was a plot to make black people think revolutionary music could replace actual revolution, obviously these executives were telling these artists what to do

lol You are too predictable.

Anyway, those labels aren't the main labels those labels are distributing labels. There is a lot of politics behind this music business. Yep, as always you are clueless how this works.

tific
Banned
Member # 22768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tific     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Doug M. A few points.

Whites & jews have always owned the majority of music companies .But the musical output & artistry was of a higher calibre. The Jazz ,soul & blues artists of yesteryear for example had many flawed characters who also faced discrimination & injustice but they never disgraced themselves women .culture , community etc . They were also well received & encouraged to migrate to Europe.

If I introduced you to a criminal associate who never rehabiliitated but wished to do business with you..A sensible person with morals would disassociate themselves.

Record labels are never going to merge because many of the owners or participants have already broadcasted that they are criminals. They may have some success & traction on a regional level but will never expand. The roster would also be restrictive & predictable otherwise you would have artists with polarizing & opposing views.Many artists would also be scared or intimidated & no one would care or sympathise if you were defrauded etc for obvious reasons.

If you look at the details you can confirm that the most negative & damaging acts are not as creative or talented as they like to portray. The albums have featured guests on every other track & a lot of their personal wealth is from investments.

Record labels are also brands & in normal circumstances you or a artist on your record labels conduct can also damage / eventually undermine your brand.

But in the bizzare ignorant world it can & has enhanced many brands.

A darker hue man could hypothetically rap about killing others but the content would eventually have to pass through the background staffof publicists , promoters , sound engineers ,djs , photographers , music journalists distributors etc. Who would be alerted & take action.

What purpose would this serve?

@Ish Gebor
I'm not convinced that there are forces conspiring to limit, restrict or undermine rap. There are plenty of examples where a label may reject a finished album or sexualise / coerce the artist in a commercial direction.It would also need the background staff ( see above )to comply, assist & craft the product.

I also disagree with this defeatist notion that no matter how successful you are. You will always be viewed as a N.... By white supremicists.

Also the dancer is correct. Nwa were formed before Public Enemy. There are also plenty of interviews which confirm Public Enemy were not originally meant to be a political act. Pe's message also never seemed to work on Flava flav which undermined ther seriousness.

Krs 1 ( Boogie down productions )has also claimed that the Criminal minded album was the template but changed his ways after the death of his dj & partner Scott La Rock.

--------------------

Posts: 16 | From: europe | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tific:
@Doug M. A few points.

Whites & jews have always owned the majority of music companies .But the musical output & artistry was of a higher calibre. The Jazz ,soul & blues artists of yesteryear for example had many flawed characters who also faced discrimination & injustice but they never disgraced themselves women .culture , community etc . They were also well received & encouraged to migrate to Europe.

If I introduced you to a criminal associate who never rehabiliitated but wished to do business with you..A sensible person with morals would disassociate themselves.

Record labels are never going to merge because many of the owners or participants have already broadcasted that they are criminals. They may have some success & traction on a regional level but will never expand. The roster would also be restrictive & predictable otherwise you would have artists with polarizing & opposing views.Many artists would also be scared or intimidated & no one would care or sympathise if you were defrauded etc for obvious reasons.

If you look at the details you can confirm that the most negative & damaging acts are not as creative or talented as they like to portray. The albums have featured guests on every other track & a lot of their personal wealth is from investments.

Record labels are also brands & in normal circumstances you or a artist on your record labels conduct can also damage / eventually undermine your brand.

But in the bizzare ignorant world it can & has enhanced many brands.

A darker hue man could hypothetically rap about killing others but the content would eventually have to pass through the background staffof publicists , promoters , sound engineers ,djs , photographers , music journalists distributors etc. Who would be alerted & take action.

I am not sure what you are saying but as I mentioned earlier a "Mafia" is all about control. It doesn't have to be illegal. In fact the roots of most "mafias" in America came from the desire to control the economies and money flow in the various ethnically diverse neighborhoods of places like New York City. So the Irish formed councils and associations in their part of town, the Italians did the same in theirs and so forth. Illegal activities were only one aspect of this, but most of the money came from LEGAL exploits: contstruction, contracting, etc.

Black people watch movies from the 40s and 50s and all they get out of a Mafia is talking loud and acting boisterous and proud. That is called being "notorious". But that does not mean you are in control of anything. So if black folks are the prime talent and the basis of most forms of American music culture, then why don't they rightfully own and control it? Because they are disorganized and think as individuals and not as a collective. All the other groups in America have a strong collective identity and the original "mafias" were part of that concept. Just as the first settlers were part of an organized "corporate mafia" established by the royals in England to exploit the labor and resources of the Western Hemisphere and rest of the world.

Black folks want to be notorious they don't want control.

Definition of Mafia:
quote:

a closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence.
noun: mafia
"the conservative top tennis mafia"

Of course crime and criminal gangs didn't start in Italy.
tific
Banned
Member # 22768

Rate Member
Doug M

The funniest part of the whole story is that the music business is controlled by white, jewish and italian thugs. And black folks from the hood never ever went up and bucked on them folks. They fell right in line when it came to going up against real thugs. This is why they don't rap about killing cra***s. They are scared. But they got no problem talking about killing and disrespecting other black folks. And hence those that so called "made it" in the industry are just fronting because all the real money is still going to white hands.

tific

Whites & jews have always owned the majority of music companies .But the musical output & artistry was of a higher calibre. The Jazz ,soul & blues artists of yesteryear for example had many flawed characters who also faced discrimination & injustice but they never disgraced themselves their women .culture , community etc on . They were also well received & encouraged to migrate to Europe. They owners may be corrupt but they never broadcasted it .

A darker hue man could hypothetically rap about killing others but the content would eventually have to pass through the background staff of publicists , promoters , sound engineers ,djs , photographers , music journalists distributors etc. Who would be alerted & take action.

Doug M

So all that said, if you are really "hungry" coming up in the streets and really hard core and willing to do what it takes to get to the top, then you should be taking over the rap industry as an industry because that is where the money is. Black folks by rights should run the industry, if not a large portion of it. But they don't. Therefore they are not and can never really be thugs or a "mafia" in that system. They don't run nothing and aren't taking the money from anybody (like other folks are taking money from black folks).

tific

Doug M

The easiest way to take over the music industry is for black Artists to boycott it. Period. Game over. But black folks don't have enough unity of agenda and purpose to do that. Back in the 70s and 80s there was no possibility for black youth rapping to get a record deal, therefore they had no choice but to distribute their own tapes and make their own records. That was the only way hip hop could be heard unless you saw it performed live in a playground or in a party. So black folks were already doing the work of establishing their own industry. Most of the time when you went to any large event with DJs you saw plenty of black folks selling music tapes out of the trunks of their cars. DJs always made recordings of their parties and custom mix tapes. The problem is that as the 90s came along and record companies started signing black folks, many black folks simply said "screw that" and totally ran for the money from the record industry. Everything else about not being able to distribute music is simply an excuse that these folks made to join white record companies. And the downfall of hip hop occurred after that point.

tific

I'm unconvinced.. Your asking why theres no unity etc etc . When you already know that people are culturally incompatible. If people are acting in feral manner they will not attract professional organised people as the bar is lowered. The music industry also shifted from disco , soul , funk genres & groups with live instruments to Boogie & Electro using drum machines synths & more individual producers.

Selling tapes & live shows was just a residual income or promotional tool as you would have to pay royalties.The recording quality was also inferior.

Afrika Bambaataa - Death mix was a poor quality live recording pressed on vinyl.
Live Convention 81 & live convention 82 were albums where they overdubbed the music over the live tapes to try & clean them up

Afrika Bambaataa' commenting on his experience with Paul Winley & Winley records.
Interview excerpt from David Toop - The rap attack vol 1

"A wack company.It was jive.He put out a record called Afrika Bambaata's 'death mix'. That is a tape like - suppose she came to my party & made a tape & she made a copy for you & you made a copy for me & I took the tape & i gave it to him & he put it on record. It sounds like do do!

He had the nerve to put on the back im sorry for two records i did with you .you my friend & all that. it was really a bootleg type of mess. we didn't get any money for the first record.The first two he made was ugly anyway.I went to him saying i could make his company move. I had ideas but he didnt pay us no mind.. 'Zulu Nation Throwdown ,Part one' helped us to get downtown.

A lot of the new- wave people liked it.It surprised me 'cos i couldn't stand it until i heard it on the Ritz system. i started coming to the clubs & they were playing it alot & I startted liking it. Then we made part two with the soulsonic force which never went no-where. This company was just terrible"

Bam had ideas but went to Tom Silverman Tommy Boy records..

Sylvia Robinson of Sugarhill records cheated many artists & had mafia links.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com