EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » According to historian Ralph Ellis King Solomon was the Egyptian Pharaoh Shoshenq I

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: According to historian Ralph Ellis King Solomon was the Egyptian Pharaoh Shoshenq I
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4707418/Are-tales-legendary-King-Solomon-COMPLETELY-up.html

Are tales about the legendary King Solomon completely made up? He did not rule Israel and his gold stash worth £2.3 trillion is a ‘complete myth’, claims British historian
Ralph Ellis claims the legendary source of Solomon's wealth never existed
Tales of staggering riches are likely a 'gross misinterpretation' of historical texts
Instead, the historian believes King Solomon was a pharaoh called Shoshenq I
Generations of archaeologists have scoured the Holy Land looking for his capital city, palace, temple and wealth without any success
Mr Ellis has controversially claimed Hyksos pharaohs were thrown out of Egypt

Mena: According to alternative historian Ralph Ellis the story of King Solomon in the Bible was base on the Egyptian Pharaoh Shoshenq I. For most of the New Kingdom period until Pharaoh Akhenaton Palestine or Israel was an Egyptian colony. The name Solomon is a title not a name according to symbologists Jordan Maxwell and Michael Tsarion. According to J Maxwell Sol O Mon stand for Sun and Moon. According to Mtsar Sol Om On is the name of the sun in Latin, Indian and Egyptian.

Ralph Ellis wasnt the first writer who came with the theory that the characters in the bible were really Egyptian Pharaohs. According to the Ancient Egyptian historian Manetho Moses was an Egyptian priest exiled during the deposition of Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaton. According to psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud Moses was the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaton. Alternative historian Mustapha Gadalla and symbologist Michael Tsarion agree with Sigmund Freud that Moses was the Egyptian Pharaohs Akhenaton who was exiled after a religious conflict in Ancient Egypt.

-
Is this the face of King Solomon? Mr Ellis suggests kings Solomon was Shoshenq I, who ruled an expanding empire that Egypt and Israel at the end of the 10th Century BCE

-
Author Ralph Ellis is pictured by the Euphrates river. He suggests if his theory is true, then Solomon's treasures can be easily found at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, where scores of artefacts from the era can be seen

-
Golden tableware (pictured) was among the many treasures looted from the Valley of the Kings to pay tribute to Shoshenq I

-
A solid silver sarcophogus, which is part of the treasure trove found at Tanis and now on display at the Cairo Museum

-
Pictured is a priceless golden mask discovered at Tanis. Mr Ellis said there is still a 'grain of historical truth' to the story of Solomon's spectacular wealth, but in a far less legendary capacity

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jantavanta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real King Solomon was Amenhotep III, an 18th Dynasty New Kingdom Pharaoh. He inherited an Empire from the Nile to the Euphrates and married foreign wives(paying dowries in gold) to keep off invaders so as to have sufficient Peace to engage in building.

Golden Masks and tableware are not unique to Shoshenq I

"..Amenhotep III, the Biblical Solomon, embarked on massive building campaigns which are partly confirmed in the list in I Kings but there is a problem. This temple was built in the 14th century B.C.E. and not in the 10th century as the Bible states. The problem we find is that the palace he is supposed to have built in Jerusalem cannot be found by archeologists, but the description tallies exactly with the Amenhotep III's palace in Thebes which was built in the 14th century....."

"...The cities of Hazor, Megiddo and Gezer, which as we have seen were built by King Solomon, have now been extensively excavated and all artifacts discovered examined and categorized. Hazor was a large Canaanite city state in Upper Galilee and has been identified as modern Tell el-Qedah only 14 kilometers north of the Sea of Galilee. It was one of the major commercial centres in the Fertile Cresent and we find references to it in both Egyptian and Mesopotamian texts going as far back as the eighteenth century B.C.E. Megiddo, which has been identified as modern Tell el-Mutesellim, was the largest of he ancient fortified city states in Canaan, overlooking the Jezreel Valley of Central Palestine, while Gezar, located in the foothills of the Judean Rang east of Jerusalem, was another important fortified city. A stratum containing large palaces, temples and strong fortifications was found in each of these cities. The name of Solomon, however, was not found..."

"............
a house made almost entirely out of cedars of Lebanon (built for Amenhotep's Jubilee festival);
a colonnade (hall of columns) fronted by a portico (porch) and surrounded by a column-lined courtyard;
a throne room built with many wooden columns and whose floor was a painted lake scene (identical to the one crossed in wonder by the Queen of Sheba when she approached the throne of Solomon, as described in the Koran);
a separate palace built for Sitamun, "the daughter of Pharaoh;"
a royal palace (consisting of his own residence, the residence of his Great Wife, Tiye, and a residence for the royal harem).
http://www.nairaland.com/506114/solomon-black-man#11520903

Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com