EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What ancient languages sounded likes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What ancient languages sounded likes
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://holykaw.alltop.com/ancient-languages-sounded-like

-

Have you ever wanted to hear what ancient Egyptian sounded like? Or Roman Empire era Latin? Take a look at this video, you can hear those and more.

Sound of Ancient Languages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kZ-8wmDqqk

Mena: I think if linguist want to find out how Ancient languages sounded like they should travel to Africa and study the different African tribes who traveled the world from Egypt to create civilization all over the world. I think Latin sounded like the Kongo and Lingala languages. According to Mezitu Josias book Les Bantous Racines du Latin the Kongo and Lingala languages have great similarity to Latin.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt these languages were spoken as the speakers in this video. The Roman language sounded like Italian instead of Latin. The Egyptian was more Arabic than Egyptian.

Just because a person speaks a language in the accent associated with their own lanuage does not reflect the ancient language they are attempting to speak.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com