EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » CANARY ISLANDERS in the "New World" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CANARY ISLANDERS in the "New World"
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Siiighhhh! SMH

Did you finish high school? Any type of understanding of science? If you are sick and tired of Eurocentric lies and deception I understand that. But Don't go making up a bs hypothesis on the origin of modern Europeans and caves and shyte. It does more harm to AfroCentrics because they comes across as ignorant and stupid. As an pigmented person I use Science that will correct the lies. "Name calling" is not going to do it.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda Fahr,

I know the the Spanish Language of the Americas comes from immigrants from Andulacia and the Canary Islands. You spoke of these people having their own histories. Where are there histories written down? it can be in English or Spanish language, does not matter to me.

A little off topic ----)

Does the term moreno when referring to African Americans, have any hidden meaning besides having the color of the Moors?

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Fahr   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, how come European did not live in caves by the time of African civilizations, if until today, many of them still living in their "traditional sod habitat" carved into mountain side in the Scandinavian region?

Is sod houses an innovation from their former caves habitat or not?"

By the way...who do you think built troglodyte habitat in Tunisia? Have you see who live in those troglodyte homes? Are European descendants aren't them? Is that true, that those caves started to built about 800 years ago???

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

Posts: 198 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda Fahr,

I know the the Spanish Language of the Americas comes from immigrants from Andulacia and the Canary Islands. You spoke of these people having their own histories. Where are there histories written down? it can be in English or Spanish language, does not matter to me.

A little off topic ----)

Does the term moreno when referring to African Americans, have any hidden meaning besides having the color of the Moors?

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
WTF are you talking about Lioness. You said the aborigines were dated AFTER colonial period, I said you are LYING, and posted excerpts from the study showing they were definitely unadmixed aborigines not only BEFORE supposed Spanish contacts in 15century AD but dated to 200AD!!! So WTF?! Take your schooling and shut the ...up.
R1b-M269 may have an African origin. I am still not 100% sure until someone does a deep dive on the haplogroup between continents. But all the data emerging suggest that. R1 originated in Africa since siblings YDNA P and Q is found in Africa. But I suspect the R1b-M269 mutation may have occurred in a land mass now under water between "continents". "Europe a continent" another lie!! Lol!

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

Samples were dated to around 200-500 AD. READ THE PAPER!!!

You are referring to people, the earliest who existed 200 AD

You would have to refer to a person who existed much earlier than that to establish that a people lived were biologically adapted to that island

When were the Canary island first inhabited? You don't know. So far you found somebody there who dates back to 200 AD.

quote:
As I said you trickster Europeans can't help with your lying.

This is a blanket statement on a group of people.
The sources you use to argue your points as being are also European and that contradicts your statements on Europeans.
I am not European but I don't allow this type of blanket statement in the forum. If I hear that type of thing again in the forum there will be consequneces

I made a mistake about the samples not being pre-Spanish because the repeatedly talked about 17th and 18th century in that open access paper you mentioned. Like in this chart

-

I have since seen other people in forums get confused about the samples in this paper. They don't have charts which correlate to the earlier dates not do they indicate what haplogroups are associated with which sample. Maybe that is available in a supplement somewhere but you will have to find it because I can't

However human remains on the islands are not old enough to establish a human population old enough to establish them being adapted to the environment of the Canary Islands, therefore discussing latitudes is irrelevant to the human remains being discussed

-

In the 1st century Pliny said Juba II king of the North African Roman client state Mauretania ( not Mauritania with an "I") had an expedition to the Canaries and found dogs but no people only ruins.

quote:
Modern White Europeans are not related to ancient black Europeans like La Brana.

Yet you have said the following many many times:

quote:

Europeans are depigmented Africans!!

Never mind that because La Brana was reported as belonging to to haplogroup C-V20.
Haplogroup C1a2 (V20) has been discovered in the remains of Palaeolithic people in Czech Republic (30,000 years ago),
Fu, Qiaomei; et al. (2016). "The genetic history of Ice Age Europe".
And Belgium (35,000 years ago), and the Sunghir archaeological site near Vladimir, Russia.

However the 7,000 year old La Brana remains have absolutely nothing to do with the article I posted or the open access article you posted. Haplogroup C was not found in either of those articles on the Canary Islands

I don't know what you are foaming at the mouth about. I posted a 2017 article which cites pre-Spanish remains and it said

The Guanches were genetically most similar to modern North African Berbers

Of the Y-DNA all E clades that originate in Africa

why the hell are you complaining?

Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Fahr   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red White, and Blue Christian,

Spanish language is originally called "castellano" or "casteliano" language from Castile region, which is located in North and Central of Spain and not Andalusia which is located on south of Spain.

The majority of people which arrived on Spanish America colonies were from Castile, not from South Spain. They were white Visigoth.

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

Posts: 198 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linda Fahr:
xyyman, who are you?

Here are some quotes with links to the threads where he said them

quote:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=15;t=012386;replyto=000167

To the newbies. You have to forget what you learned. Forget the visuals, forget what your perception of what an African looks like or a European should look like. Follow the genetic data, follow the science. Forget the modern visuals. The data don't lie. There is no deny modern Europeans are depigmented Africans. That is undeniable. That is clear now. So the follow-up question is can humans morph that quickly? Can humans adapt to their environment in such a short space of time? And why? Does the environment change the genes or the genes adapt to the environment?

quote:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009774

So they are admitting Europeans are "depigmented" Africans!!!! So they are mimicking xyyman. They are admitting depigmentation took place recently even AFTER the Bronze Age.

quote:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=15;t=009745;replyto=000005

Europeans are depigmented Africans!! End of story...on to the modern male line.

I am leaning towards one of the Islands off Africa.

The geographic pattern of R1b-M269 and R1a suggest one of the islands off Africa. Still to be resolved.

quote:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=15;t=011861;replyto=000124

CONCLUSION – Modern Europeans are depigmented Africans,

quote:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=8;t=008803

Cacausoids were always in Africa. ...Europeans entered Africa relatively recently.
Caucasoids entered Europe from Africa!....

I maintain that kinky hair is a recent adaptation...

The “gradation pattern “ shows an African origin of de-pigmentaion for both SLC45A2 and SLC24A5. Both genes are found throughout SSA. Africans have a higher variability in promoter regions of these genes. Sources cited.

there is growing evidence that Bantu South Africans have started to depigment just as the Khoi-San. It labeled as OCA4

quote:

I maintain that kinky hair is a recent adaptation

Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Then why do the Latin Americans not speak exactly like Julio Iglesias and pronounce the "z" like a "th" and use a "s" sound like the southerners?

Vivo en Nueva York aqui con mis vecinos hispanoparlantes. Ellos vienieron desde Mexico, Republic Dominicana, Borinquen, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras y Argentina.

Tienen muchos nombres Arabes como Omar, Fatima etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andalusian_Spanish

Preguntare' mis vecinos y amigos sobre esta en el futuro tambien. Gracias.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:
Then why do the Latin Americans not speak exactly like Julio Iglesias and pronounce the "z" like a "th" and use a "s" sound like the southerners?

Vivo en Nueva York aqui mis vecinos hispanoparlantes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language_in_the_Americas

Spanish language in the Americas

Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
Red, White, and Blue + Christian, lol...

It is not hispanoparlantes. The correct word in Spanish is "Hispanohablantes. Parlar, is an Italian verb=to speak in English.

I am wondering who didn't finished High School...

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness! Lioness! Lioness! Tsk! Tsk! tsk! SMH

"European" , ok you are not one (wink! Wink!)

Anyways. I too got confused by the term "pre-Hispanic" and the discussion on dating. I read the paper several years ago so I knew I was right, but I second guessed myself when you mentioned it and went to a deep dive to confirm. Apology accepted.

1. I said there are SOME honest Europeans
2. Consequences? I did not use the label Albino. I said European.
3. Apology accepted. You should know by now I back up what I post. I don't blow smoke out by exit hole.
4. On Adaptation - That is the problem with you Europeans. I believe your own BS. First Off their were structure indicating some form of civilization and system. Second., obviously these were North Africans in terms of language and culture and obviously similar phenotype. Not to mention they carried some autosomal SSA ancestry and haplogroups. Fregel et al. FYI
5. As I said. Take notes when I post and shut up.

As Swenet say...take another "L"

-------------
Quote by Lioness
"This is a blanket statement on a group of people.
The sources you use to argue your points as being are also European and that contradicts your statements on Europeans.
I am not European but I don't allow this type of blanket statement in the forum. If I hear that type of thing again in the forum there will be consequneces

I made a mistake about the samples not being pre-Spanish because the repeatedly talked about 17th and 18th century in that open access paper you mentioned. Like in this chart

I have since seen other people in forums get confused about the samples in this paper. They don't have charts which correlate to the earlier dates not do they indicate what haplogroups are associated with which sample. Maybe that is available in a supplement somewhere but you will have to find it because I can't

However human remains on the islands are not old enough to establish a human population old enough to establish them being adapted to the environment of the Canary Islands, therefore discussing latitudes is irrelevant to the human remains being discussed"

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
The emerging data proves I am correct.

1. White skin originated in Africa(Tishkoff and xyyman) and may be the original color of humanoids. We needed to be black to become human. Melanin.
2. xyyman, Henn and others "Europeans are depigmented Africans"
3. Can humans morph that quickly - plasticity
4. Does the environment change the genes or the genes adapt to the environment? " Grey wolves and dogs domestication originated in Africa. They do NOT look like grey wolves but they ARE grey wolves
5. depigmentation in Europe took place recently even AFTER the Bronze Age - yes. IAM, La Brana Levantines were all pigmented up to the Bronze Age
6. Caucasoid originated in Africa and as the evidence emerging suggest it wasn't North Africa. It was may be SSA in the Great lakes Tanzania or even South Africa looking at Hofmeyr. Still waiting on DNA from Max Planck. I heard they needed to resample. Lol! Let me guess to much Caucasoid in the sample. They can't believe it. He! He!
7. Kinky hair may be a new development. Post by the clown on 100000year old hair in Africa was "curly" and not kinky? Some West Africans carry derived EDAR. Europeans do not carry derived EDAR

Need I continue?

--------------------

Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
I am wondering what xyyman will write next if Europeans decided to change their theories, as they have changed so many times during one century?

That's why I said. Authors of books and articles write what they want. Is up to the reader to agree or not in accordance to their knowledge and comprehension.

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
European "books" are filled with lies and distortions just as the research they publish. You do know there are black scientist? We can write also.

Meaning? We do not have to believe in Voodoo magic and narration from our elders.

We were the first scientist!!! Just letting you know.

--------------------

Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
xyyman lol...

Now you made me laughing even more...
You mentioned black scientist? But, Max Planck is an European - German Institution?

Therefore, your data is based on White people decisions. They can turn around what they say anytime they want. Have you ask yourself, why Europeans geneticists added an Orangutan monkey from Borneo to human ancestors?

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
"Europeans geneticists added an Orangutan monkey from Borneo to human ancestors?
"

huh? "shut your mouth". They used the word "ancestors" or related?

You do know modern Western science and civilization is built upon the discoveries and science from the Nile Valley and other black civilizations? I have no problem using their data.

But we are going off topic.....perhaps another thread

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
There is a reason why I asked if you finished High School. Reading the news report it is nothing like you said.

1. Orangutans are related and not ancestral to humans
2. Chimps(African apes0 are still the closest to humans NOT Orangutans
3. Stop your nonsense. Lol!

You black people need to pick up a science book!!! SMH!
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/06/090623-humans-chimps-related_2.html

--------------------

Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
The term "related" to human is applied to all great apes such as Bonobo, Chimpanzee and Gorilla. In fact, only recently that Americans and Europeans geneticists elevated Orangutan to the "Great Ape" category and human ancestor.

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
The emerging data proves I am correct.

1. White skin originated in Africa(Tishkoff and xyyman) and may be the original color of humanoids. We needed to be black to become human. Melanin.
2. xyyman, Henn and others "Europeans are depigmented Africans"
3. Can humans morph that quickly - plasticity
4. Does the environment change the genes or the genes adapt to the environment? " Grey wolves and dogs domestication originated in Africa. They do NOT look like grey wolves but they ARE grey wolves
5. depigmentation in Europe took place recently even AFTER the Bronze Age - yes. IAM, La Brana Levantines were all pigmented up to the Bronze Age
6. Caucasoid originated in Africa and as the evidence emerging suggest it wasn't North Africa. It was may be SSA in the Great lakes Tanzania or even South Africa looking at Hofmeyr. Still waiting on DNA from Max Planck. I heard they needed to resample. Lol! Let me guess to much Caucasoid in the sample. They can't believe it. He! He!
7. Kinky hair may be a new development. Post by the clown on 100000year old hair in Africa was "curly" and not kinky? Some West Africans carry derived EDAR. Europeans do not carry derived EDAR

Need I continue?

So if depigmentation in Europe took place recently even AFTER the Bronze Age

And white skin originated in Africa

then where did the white skinned Africans who existed prior to recently depigmented Africans who became known as modern Europeans in the bronze age, where did they go?

Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
lioness
then where did the white skinned Africans who existed prior to recently depigmented Africans who became known as modern Europeans in the bronze age, where did they go?

It is a good question isn't it? In accordance with their theories, All Africans should be white right?

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
lioness

It is a good question isn't it? In accordance with their theories, All Africans should be white right?

xyyman says white skin originated in Africa.

Recent genetics research claims DNA evidence of a diversity of skin tones in different regions of Africa going back to the period before humans left Africa

It is uncertain the exact climate the very first humans were living in

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Linda farh point whites do have the influence to discredit or say its Afrocentric hooey and saying it's "science" doesn't mean much as they can change their talking points to further confused the general public,some people don't know black folks exist in North Africa and they try to attribute there presence from slavery.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
Sure...and the region with this DNA diversity is Tanzania and South Africa, where the largest amount white migrants settled for over 500 years?

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
insults will get you banned again
-lioness

[ 11. January 2018, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
BMC Evol Biol. 2009; 9: 181.
Published online 2009 Aug 3. doi: 10.1186/1471-2148-9-181
PMCID: PMC2728732
Demographic history of Canary Islands male gene-pool: replacement of native lineages by European

Rosa Fregel,1 Verónica Gomes,2,3 Leonor Gusmăo,2 Ana M González,1 Vicente M Cabrera,1 António Amorim,2 and Jose M Larruga

R-M269 was also found in the indigenous sample in a moderate frequency [10%]. Its presence in the indigenous people could be explained in two ways: [a] R-M269 was introduced into NW Africa in prehistoric not historical times, or [b] the presence of this marker in the aborigines was due to a prehispanic European gene flow into the indigenous population. As NW African R-M269 chromosomes showed close STR-similarity to the Iberian ones [17], pointing to recent contacts between both regions, the second option appears more plausible.

Conclusion
The presence of autochthonous North African E-M81 lineages, and also other relatively abundant markers [E-M78 and J-M267] from the same region in the indigenous population, strongly points to that area as the most probable origin of the Guanche ancestors. This is in accordance with previous genetic studies performed on the same material at mtDNA level [24], and in support of the cultural connections found between the Berbers and the indigenous islanders people [9,15,52]. In addition to this mainly NW African colonization, the detection in the indigenous sample of markers like I-M170 and R-M269 of clear European ascription might suggest that other secondary waves also reached the Archipelago, most likely from the Mediterranean basin. This would again be in agreement with the multiple settlement theory proposed to explain the physical and cultural diversity found between and within the different islands [3,52]. However, as these markers are also present in N Africa, albeit in low frequencies, it could be that they arrived in the islands during the same African wave[s] that brought E-M81 and reached relatively high frequencies there due to founder and genetic-drift effects. If so, the presence of these markers in N Africa may be older than previously proposed [17].

Compared to the original natives, the 17th–18th century historical sample mainly differs by harboring lower frequencies of NW African haplogroups [p < 0.05], such as E-M81 [11.9% vs 26.7%], E-M78 [11.9% vs 23.3%] and J-M267 [11.9% vs 16.7%], and higher frequencies for European haplogroups [p < 0.001] like R-M269 [42.9% vs 10.0%] or R-M173, [9.5% vs 0.0%]. A notable exception was I-M170 because it was not detected in the historical sample, despite being moderately frequent in the aborigines [6.7%].

As I said before "indigenous" is relative . It means "whoever Europeans find and document at a given point in time"
or the date of remains found

-

^^ The Aboriginal column is ABO

E M33 3.33

E-M78 23.33

E-M81 26.67

I 6.67

J 16.67

K 10.00

P* M45 3.33

M269 10.00

This resembles the DNA of certain Berber populations

Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
If DNA tests were 100% reliable, would not be divergences among geneticists and historians about the same founding. In fact, ancient DNA tests results are considered by scientific and intellectual communities as a "theories".

Now...taken in consideration some DNA results, it is clear that West African people, were the first to inhabited Canary Islands.

But, beside DNA results which proved that Adam DNA, from West Africa were present in the Canary Island, they also left their geometrical designs in their cave paintings. These paintings styles still be done in West Africa today... There is no place in the Earth that people still painting the same geometrical patterns than in West Africa. Therefore, it is originally from ancient West African people.

As I wrote before, I found Mbo, and Khoisan Paleolithic and Neolithic arts in Morocco, and from there, one segment of them, went to Canary Islands, other segment crossed the Gibraltar Strait, into Iberia, where was the starting place of their Bell-Beaker culture.

Below is the earliest cave paintings located on Gran Canaria in the Province of Las Palmas. It is identical to the paintings that still be done in houses, garments, and pottery in West Africa.

Cueva Pintada = Painted Cave.
https://www.hellocanaryislands.com/museums-and-places-interest/gran-canaria/cueva-pintada/

Now...below are painted houses in West Africa, which has the same design, of the earliest painting from Canary Islands.

https://munahome.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/patterns-decorating-walls-of-west-african-mud-village-houses/

Now...below is the link of West Africa architecture which evolved into Black European Nobility castles during high and middle Ages.
But, I will write about it later, on Star Wars Movie forum. And as well, who was Snoke,during the 30 years war, and why Hollywood intellectual writers considered him to be a "humanoid" and not a fully evolved human which has an appearance resembling a human without actually being one!

And of course who was the brown Queen - a female creature played by the beautiful kenyan actress Lupita Nyong'o.

A traditional tata-somba house in Benin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Africa#/media/File:Koussoukoingou2.jpg

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ These look indeed like African fractals.

http://www.grancanaria.com/patronato_turismo/Cueva-Pintada-Museum-and-Archaeological-Park.52142.0.html

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

Your posts are still meaningless and very eurocentric was always. Unsurprisingly, I may add.

-

-

-

Now you try to claim the history of a sh.thole?

First Inhabitants Of Canary Islands Were Berbers, Genetic Analysis Reveals

Source: FECYT - Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091021115147.htm

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Now...taken in consideration some DNA results, it is clear that West African people, were the first to inhabited Canary Islands.

No it isn't, the DNA most closely resembles North African berbers
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Demographic history of Canary Islands male gene-pool: replacement of native lineages by European

BMC Evolutionary Biology2009 9:181

Background

The origin and prevalence of the prehispanic settlers of the Canary Islands has attracted great multidisciplinary interest. However, direct ancient DNA genetic studies on indigenous and historical 17th–18th century remains, using mitochondrial DNA as a female marker, have only recently been possible. In the present work, the analysis of Y-chromosome polymorphisms in the same samples, has shed light on the way the European colonization affected male and female Canary Island indigenous genetic pools, from the conquest to present-day times.

Results

Autochthonous (E-M81) and prominent (E-M78 and J-M267) Berber Y-chromosome lineages were detected in the indigenous remains, confirming a North West African origin for their ancestors which confirms previous mitochondrial DNA results. However, in contrast with their female lineages, which have survived in the present-day population since the conquest with only a moderate decline, the male indigenous lineages have dropped constantly being substituted by European lineages. Male and female sub-Saharan African genetic inputs were also detected in the Canary population, but their frequencies were higher during the 17th–18th centuries than today.

Conclusion

The European colonization of the Canary Islands introduced a strong sex-biased change in the indigenous population in such a way that indigenous female lineages survived in the extant population in a significantly higher proportion than their male counterparts.

https://bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-9-181

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
quote:

BMC Evolutionary Biology2009 9:181

Background

The origin and prevalence of the prehispanic settlers of the Canary Islands has attracted great multidisciplinary interest. However, direct ancient DNA genetic studies on indigenous and historical 17th–18th century remains, using mitochondrial DNA as a female marker, have only recently been possible. In the present work, the analysis of Y-chromosome polymorphisms in the same samples, has shed light on the way the European colonization affected male and female Canary Island indigenous genetic pools, from the conquest to present-day times.

Results

Autochthonous (E-M81) and prominent (E-M78 and J-M267) Berber Y-chromosome lineages were detected in the indigenous remains, confirming a North West African origin for their ancestors which confirms previous mitochondrial DNA results. However, in contrast with their female lineages, which have survived in the present-day population since the conquest with only a moderate decline, the male indigenous lineages have dropped constantly being substituted by European lineages. Male and female sub-Saharan African genetic inputs were also detected in the Canary population, but their frequencies were higher during the 17th–18th centuries than today.

Conclusion

The European colonization of the Canary Islands introduced a strong sex-biased change in the indigenous population in such a way that indigenous female lineages survived in the extant population in a significantly higher proportion than their male counterparts.

https://bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-9-181

-

Again the ABO column is the pre-Spanish population some as early as 200 AD

The next column CON is 17th and 18th century population

Notice the differences in DNA between the two

The pre-Spanish ABO population is closer to North African berbers than it is to West Africans.

> and the 17th and 18th century population is as well
quote:

Conclusion

The presence of autochthonous North African E-M81 lineages, and also other relatively abundant markers [E-M78 and J-M267] from the same region in the indigenous population, strongly points to that area as the most probable origin of the Guanche ancestors. This is in accordance with previous genetic studies performed on the same material at mtDNA level [24], and in support of the cultural connections found between the Berbers and the indigenous islanders people [9, 15, 52].

Compared to the original natives, the 17th–18th century historical sample mainly differs by harboring lower frequencies of NW African haplogroups [p < 0.05], such as E-M81 [11.9% vs 26.7%], E-M78 [11.9% vs 23.3%] and J-M267 [11.9% vs 16.7%], and higher frequencies for European haplogroups [p < 0.001] like R-M269 [42.9% vs 10.0%] or R-M173, [9.5% vs 0.0%]. A notable exception was I-M170 because it was not detected in the historical sample, despite being moderately frequent in the aborigines [6.7%].

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Again from 2017

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982217312575

Genomic Analyses of Pre-European Conquest Human Remains from the Canary Islands Reveal Close Affinity to Modern North Africans

Author links open overlay panelRicardoRodríguez-Varela1211TorstenGünther3MajaKrzewińska1JanStorĺ1Thomas H.Gillingwater4MalcolmMacCallum4Juan LuisArsuaga25KeithDobney678CristinaValdiosera29MattiasJakobsson3AndersGötherström1LinusGirdland-Flink110
Show more
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2017.09.059

Highlights

The first genome-wide data from the Guanches confirm a North African origin

Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry

Summary
The origins and genetic affinity of the aboriginal inhabitants of the Canary Islands, commonly known as Guanches, are poorly understood. Though radiocarbon dates on archaeological remains such as charcoal, seeds, and domestic animal bones suggest that people have inhabited the islands since the 5th century BCE [1–3], it remains unclear how many times, and by whom, the islands were first settled [4, 5]. Previously published ancient DNA analyses of uniparental genetic markers have shown that the Guanches carried common North African Y chromosome markers (E-M81, E-M78, and J-M267) and mitochondrial lineages such as U6b, in addition to common Eurasian haplogroups [6–8]. These results are in agreement with some linguistic, archaeological, and anthropological data indicating an origin from a North African Berber-like population [1, 4, 9]. However, to date there are no published Guanche autosomal genomes to help elucidate and directly test this hypothesis. To resolve this, we generated the first genome-wide sequence data and mitochondrial genomes from eleven archaeological Guanche individuals originating from Gran Canaria and Tenerife. Five of the individuals (directly radiocarbon dated to a time transect spanning the 7th–11th centuries CE) yielded sufficient autosomal genome coverage (0.21× to 3.93×) for population genomic analysis. Our results show that the Guanches were genetically similar over time and that they display the greatest genetic affinity to extant Northwest Africans, strongly supporting the hypothesis of a Berber-like origin. We also estimate that the Guanches have contributed 16%–31% autosomal ancestry to modern Canary Islanders, here represented by two individuals from Gran Canaria.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
So, you're telling us that all of the DNA traces have disappeared all of sudden in 2017?

-

in addition to common Eurasian haplogroups [6, 7, 8].

[6]
Ancient mtDNA analysis and the origin of the Guanches.
Maca-Meyer, N., Arnay, M., Rando, J.C., Flores, C., González, A.M., Cabrera, V.M., and Larruga, J.M.
Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2004; 12: 155–162

[7]
The maternal aborigine colonization of La Palma (Canary Islands).
Fregel, R., Pestano, J., Arnay, M., Cabrera, V.M., Larruga, J.M., and González, A.M.
Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2009; 17: 1314–1324

[8]
Demographic history of Canary Islands male gene-pool: replacement of native lineages by European.
Fregel, R., Gomes, V., Gusmăo, L., González, A.M., Cabrera, V.M., Amorim, A., and Larruga, J.M.
BMC Evol. Biol. 2009; 9: 181

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] So, you're telling us that all of the DNA traces have disappeared all of sudden in 2017?

All DNA traces of what?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QB] So, you're telling us that all of the DNA traces have disappeared all of sudden in 2017?

All DNA traces of what?
Of the African shithole.

-

* Here, we report mitochondrial DNA analysis (HVRI sequences and RFLPs) of aborigine remains around 1000 years old.

* nor does either sample tie in with the Berbers of North Africa as has previously been claimed

Ancient mtDNA analysis and the origin of the Guanches.

—Nicole Maca-Meyer, Matilde Arnay, Juan Carlos Rando, Carlos Flores, Ana M González, Vicente M Cabrera and José M Larruga Eur J Hum Genet 12(2):155-62 (2004) PMID 14508507

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

All DNA traces of what?

Of the African shithole.

stop trolling and talking about shitholes
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

All DNA traces of what?

Of the African shithole.

stop trolling
Only when you stop. Agreed?

Pope Eugene IV Against the Enslaving of Black Natives from the Canary Islands, January 13, 1435

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Eugene04/eugene04sicut.htm

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
No I don't agree. If you keep referring to Africa as a shithole your post will be deleted
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry
--- Genomic Analyses of Pre-European Conquest Human Remains from the Canary Islands Reveal Close Affinity to Modern North Africans
2017 RicardoRodríguez-Varela

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
--- Genomic Analyses of Pre-European Conquest Human Remains from the Canary Islands Reveal Close Affinity to Modern North Africans

So what happened to the "sub Saharan input"? Wave the magic wand.

Ps, I can delete things as well. [Wink] Remember, you started this.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

what haplogroup?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what haplogroup?
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Good grief. You are so obsessed with eurocentric ideology you completely skipped the eccentric issue.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Ps, I can delete things as well.

can you delete this post?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Ps, I can delete things as well.

can you delete this post?
Stop trolling, stay on topic.

The Guanches analyzed here carried mitochondrial lineages such as J1c3, H2a, U6b, L3b1a, and T2c1d2 that are common across West Eurasia and/or North Africa [14] (Tables 1 and S1) and are consistent with previous studies on ancient Guanche mitochondrial DNA [6, 7].

—Genomic Analyses of Pre-European Conquest Human Remains from the Canary Islands Reveal Close Affinity to Modern North Africans

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

which sub saharan input are you referring to and why if it was present in the guanches would something have happened to it if
Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry.

You make very little sense, again trolling

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I am the first one in this thread to post data indicating Pre-European Conquest Human Remains from the Canary Islands carried a variety of mtDNA ancstries including L3 and and T2
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I am the first one in this thread to post data indicating Pre-European Conquest Human Remains from the Canary Islands carried a variety of mtDNA ancstries including L3 and and T2

I am talking about "sub" Sahara Africa, can you still follow along, or is it becoming too difficult?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the lioness,:
[qb] Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry

which sub saharan haplogroups are you referring to and if why would there be no traces if Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry

Can you answer a simple question?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Pope Eugene IV Against the Enslaving of Black Natives from the Canary Islands, January 13, 1435

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Eugene04/eugene04sicut.htm

In Europe as late as the 17th century some Europeans would call other Europeans "black" who might be anything less than pale and also called dark skinned people such as many Africans "black".
The use of the word was not always associated with black being a "race" as it is by many to today

However I would like to see the above Papal Bull written in it's original language but I haven't been able to find it

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the lioness,:
[qb] Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry

which sub saharan haplogroups are you referring to and if why would there be no traces if Modern inhabitants of Gran Canaria carry an estimated 16%–31% Guanche autosomal ancestry

Can you answer a simple question?

Sweet Lord, why?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=012545;p=2#000079

Please, apply logic when addressing these issues.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com