EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Maya Megalopolis of 60,000 buildings, pyramids, palaces discovered in Guatemala

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maya Megalopolis of 60,000 buildings, pyramids, palaces discovered in Guatemala
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5343567/Thousands-Mayan-pyramids-palaces-Guatemala.html

Maya 'megalopolis' featuring thousands of ancient pyramids, palaces and causeways is found hidden under thick jungle foliage in Guatemala
More than 60,000 previously unknown Mayan structures have been uncovered in Peten
The abundance of defensive walls, ramparts and fortresses suggests that warfare was rife
Ground-breaking research used so-called LIDAR technology that utilises light from lasers
'I know it sounds hyperbolic but when I saw the imagery, it did bring tears to my eyes', said one researcher
The discovery suggests that Central America supported a civilization that was, at its peak 1,500 years ago, more advanced than ancient Greek and Chinese cultures

Mena: I dont think any historian on earth know the complete history of the world because every year there is a new archaeological discovery that surprise the world. This Maya Megalopolis of 60,000 buildings among them pyramids and palaces and 15 million inhabitants dating from the Middle Age was only discovered in 2018 because of the use of airplane and mapping laser technology.

This Maya Megalopolis is located close to the USA one of the greatest archaeological research funding country and the world and it was not discovered until this year. Many archaeologist explored the site in the past but didnt discover the Megalopolis because it was hidden under the jungle.

I think if that Maya Middle Age Megalopolis wasnt discovered until 2018 there are hundred or thousand of Megalopolis around the world from Prehistory, the Ancient World and the Classical World that have not been discovered also.

-
Thousands of previously unknown ancient Maya structures including pyramids, palaces and causeways have been revealed in Guatemala. The ground-breaking research used so-called LIDAR technology (pictured) that utilises light from lasers to construct a detailed survey of buried structures

-
Researchers believe it was home to a sophisticated civilisation that peaked 1,200 years ago and could have been as advanced as the ancient Greek and Chinese. Their findings revealed a pyramid in the heart of the ancient Maya city of Tikal (pictured), a major tourist destination in northeastern Guatemala

-
This new technique allowed researchers to map outlines of what they describe as dozens of newly discovered Maya cities hidden under thick jungle foliage centuries after they were abandoned by their original inhabitants

-
The new discoveries include urban centres with sidewalks, homes, terraces, ceremonial centres, irrigation canals and fortifications. Their findings revealed a pyramid in the heart of the ancient Maya city of Tikal, a major tourist destination in northeastern Guatemala

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com