EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Origin Of Light Skin In Africa (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Origin Of Light Skin In Africa
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autshumato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The origin of "light skin" in Africa ?

The majority of people will tell me that it is due to mixing with the pale skin Europeans. Others will argue that it is due to climate.

My argument however would be that, since we have such a high rate of albinism is Africa, we should take this in consideration too. In fact, I strongly believe this might explain the San and Khoena people of southern Africa and elsewhere. They in fact might have intermixed with their own people who were albinos, this explains why there are more dark skin people among these two tribes.

Keep in mind, as I mentioned before, Africa has a VERY HIGH rate of melanated women giving birth to offspring with albinism. So this scenario could've repeated itself many times, not just with the San and Khoena, but elsewhere on the continent too for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Keep in mind that the person with albinism will have the same genes as their melaninated siblings, but only with a defective "P" gene, resulting in very light, white to pale skin.
What we also need to consider is that there are seven types of albinism types. People with albinism doesn't necessarily have bad eyesight, red eyes, or with white hair - it depends on which type of albinism they have. There are many African Albinos that are proof of this.

Yes, foreign and climate MIGHT have been a factor too, but not as much as we think.

I brought this argument up because some people give too much credit to pale Europeans for Africa's light skin tribes, causing much problems between dark and light skin Africans.

We need to educate one another about these things, so we can better understand each other.

Tell me what you think.

#MyStory

--------------------
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Posts: 195 | From: Southern Africa(Azania) | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brit333
Banned
Member # 22890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brit333         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Khoisan people are not Albinos. They live far from the Equator. North Africans get their light skin from a back migration of Middle Eastern Farmers about 9000 - 6000 years ago. Ethiopians carry DNA from this migration.
Posts: 8 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dinkum, Cass and now Brit333

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, the theory of blending inheritance. cutting edge.
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an easy way to digest this, as someone who literally had to write a book on the melanogenic pathway through the lens of genetics, evolutionary and molecular biology.

How this works is quite simple, early humans (possibly after becoming hairless) acquired integument pigmentation to no discrimination. The pathway to create adequate melanin (specifically eumelanin) is very frugal, convoluted and capricious. By that nature alone would we expect early Anatomically modern humans with no long term selection pressure to spontaneously develop a variety of shades... It wasn't the Khoisan who forcefully became lightened, it was Africans under harsh selective pressures who became darkened, and not only by UV intensity. Melanin had minor antitoxic, antibiotic and regenerative properties, very much needed in heavily forested, humid and/or moist areas for example.

If you wan't to know what early humans probably looked like... Look at the variation among African Americans and pay attention to tanning. Tanning is an adaptive process, referred to as 'Active Melanogenesis' where the intensity or temporal exposure of UV radiation significantly boosts the process of synthesizing melanin polimers and distributing them into the skin and hair via phagocytosis (presumably). Humans have an inherit mechanism to Darken their skin drastically. We didn't start pitch black and gradually lightened

The two popular mutations slc24a5 and slc45a2 primarily disrupt protein transport after the polimer is synthesized, this is why I refer to the melanogenic pathway as capricious, or even fickle. There are many many mutations in different genes that can result in the same thing, it's just that these two where "selected for" in Europeans and is responsible for around 40% of the differences between light and dark populations TODAY.

There are many forms of Albinism, though I do like to point out the hypocrisy in "diagnosing" Albanism in primarily dark skinned populations, I don't feel it's appropriate or necessary to refer to our not-so-melanated brothers and sisters as Albinos. But yes mutations in the same genes for the most part that'll be labeled as albinism result in skin eye and hair color variation across the globe.

In regards to mixing, Europeans didn't invent light skin, but novel mutations are loyal to no one people or continent. Meaning, if a particular mutation arose primarily in Europeans and that same mutation later on is found in a mixed descendant, than thats how the cookie crumbles, you have an offspring with a European gene for pigmentation and that's it.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the cell is kind of like a thousand interlocking chemical reaction Rube Goldberg machines

quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
The two popular mutations slc24a5 and slc45a2 primarily disrupt protein transport after the polimer is synthesized, this is why I refer to the melanogenic pathway as capricious, or even fickle.

so have they figured out the SCL24A5 pathway responsible now? last i heard it localized to Golgi network, so plausibly related to tyrosinase (or whatever) transport, and somehow affected sterol levels in the melanosome.

but SLC45A2 last i heard localized to melanosomal membrane and was thought to be a sucrose-H+ cotransporter that regulated pH of the lumen (and hence tyrosinase activity).

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009812

Loci associated with skin pigmentation identified in African populations, Tishkoff, 2017

"we identify variants in or near SLC24A5, MFSD12, DDB1, TMEM138, OCA2 and HERC2 that are significantly associated with skin pigmentation.

Functional analyses indicate that MFSD12 encodes a lysosomal protein that affects melanogenesis in zebrafish and mice, and that mutations in melanocyte-specific regulatory regions near DDB1/TMEM138 correlate with expression of UV response genes under selection in Eurasians.

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Couldn't put it better myself. Maybe I mis-judged you. Oh! Did you write that yourself? I am impressed. MelaninKing/Narmerthoth would be proud of you Also Mike.
Yes, It is Albinism but we don't want to call people Albino's
Yes, light skin is "ancestral" to dark skin. I said that many times now Tishkoff is mimicking me. Lol!
Even blacks tan.

The real stickler is why we became human since apes have white skin. Hint? Ask Narmerthoth. Another hint...Neanderthals

quote:
Here's an easy way to digest this, as someone who literally had to write a book on the melanogenic pathway through the lens of genetics, evolutionary and molecular biology.

How this works is quite simple, early humans (possibly after becoming hairless) acquired integument pigmentation to no discrimination. The pathway to create adequate melanin (specifically eumelanin) is very frugal, convoluted and capricious. By that nature alone would we expect early Anatomically modern humans with no long term selection pressure to spontaneously develop a variety of shades... It wasn't the Khoisan who forcefully became lightened, it was Africans under harsh selective pressures who became darkened, and not only by UV intensity. Melanin had minor antitoxic, antibiotic and regenerative properties, very much needed in heavily forested, humid and/or moist areas for example.

If you wan't to know what early humans probably looked like... Look at the variation among African Americans and pay attention to tanning. Tanning is an adaptive process, referred to as 'Active Melanogenesis' where the intensity or temporal exposure of UV radiation significantly boosts the process of synthesizing melanin polimers and distributing them into the skin and hair via phagocytosis (presumably). Humans have an inherit mechanism to Darken their skin drastically. We didn't start pitch black and gradually lightened

The two popular mutations slc24a5 and slc45a2 primarily disrupt protein transport after the polimer is synthesized, this is why I refer to the melanogenic pathway as capricious, or even fickle. There are many many mutations in different genes that can result in the same thing, it's just that these two where "selected for" in Europeans and is responsible for around 40% of the differences between light and dark populations TODAY.

There are many forms of Albinism, though I do like to point out the hypocrisy in "diagnosing" Albanism in primarily dark skinned populations, I don't feel it's appropriate or necessary to refer to our not-so-melanated brothers and sisters as Albinos. But yes mutations in the same genes for the most part that'll be labeled as albinism result in skin eye and hair color variation across the globe.

In regards to mixing, Europeans didn't invent light skin, but novel mutations are loyal to no one people or continent. Meaning, if a particular mutation arose primarily in Europeans and that same mutation later on is found in a mixed descendant, than thats how the cookie crumbles, you have an offspring with a European gene for pigmentation and that's it.

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Wasn't Makova/Rees who coined the phrase "Removal of constraint" when she studied Mc1R. She came to the conclusion we were forced to be black and black skin may not be "natural state" of humans but light skin is. I know some brothas may be offended by that but I am only the messenger of data. But the odd thing is we became human because we were black first. Where is MK?

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Xyyman
Don't mention me in the same breath as MoM and Mike11 etc.... Those fools were the reason I never wanted to talk about this stuff on here in te first place. You need to tighten up on your theories aswell, you're getting sloppier than usual... Almost into Mike territory, keep it internal until you Iron the kinks, you don't need to be so impulsive. I understand, I get excited too when I think I have something figured out. lol

quote:
Originally posted by capra:
the cell is kind of like a thousand interlocking chemical reaction Rube Goldberg machines

so have they figured out the SCL24A5 pathway responsible now? last i heard it localized to Golgi network, so plausibly related to tyrosinase (or whatever) transport, and somehow affected sterol levels in the melanosome.

My explanation above was dumbed down. It should be worded differently,cuz there's a difference between the protiens coded for and the polymers synthesized. but when you say figure out,wym? What exactly NCKX5 does? Tyrosinase levels aren't really affected by the latter, but its the supporting protiens that are inhibited by the mutation, like dopachrome tautomerase and tyrosinase helping protien 1 (DCT, Tyrp1). When either of those two proteins are altered or unavailable it disrupts the polymerization process because of feedback inhibition.
 -
N/A denotes the absence of a helping protein

This process can also be inhibited by a negative PH like your next point suggests, right, If the the molecule is getting protonated prior to polymerization, that'll stop the process of creating a healthy Eumelanin polymer pretty quickly. ...BUT

quote:
but SLC45A2 last i heard localized to melanosomal membrane and was thought to be a sucrose-H+ cotransporter that regulated pH of the lumen (and hence tyrosinase activity).
The Lumens pH is unimportant for the pathway but the H+ localization within the cells are. Long story short it results in Tyrosinase and Tyrp1 being sent into the cellular membrane prior to Maturation of the Melanosomes. In this case melanocytes being affected by the solute carrier is peripheral. With SLC24A5 the mystery to me (probably already resolved) is it's purpose as a solute carrier independent of Melanogenesis.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@xy the issue is in the use of "light skin" because whites use it to describe themselves,if light as meaning from Africa perspective khoisan like or slightly lighter than I think most want have a problem.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
thanks Elmaestro, it's always gotta be more complicated. never liked organic chemistry anyway. [Big Grin]
Tetrahedronix
Banned
Member # 22731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tetrahedronix   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have video on this subject, the same genes(loci)responsible for albinism are the same ones responsible for normal skin pigmentation.The spectrum of albinism and normal skin pigmentation is subjective. My video give example of were albinism is difficult to diagnose because the classification of normal skin pigmentation varies between different ethnics groups.

https://youtu.be/ir6vMuCHyNg

--------------------
"Pharaoh has successfully killed every first born capable of leading us"

Posts: 2 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Khoisan get used a lot in these discussions but one has to remember that all Khoisan aren't light skin and there is no proof that they have been light skin since 80,000 or however far back they split off from East Africans.

That said the original skin complexion of the first humans in Africa probably wasn't as dark as say a Sudanese or other Africans who are very dark.

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I never included MOM in the same breath/sentence. Mike is an outstanding researcher on historical documents. He may fall short in science but on historical records he is second to none. Only Sage and maybe Lioness come close. And his writing style is compelling.
NarmerThoth/MK understands the science of pigmentation more than anyone on here.

--------------------

Frankly Kemet
Banned
Member # 22882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frankly Kemet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are any of you experts, in the literal sense (formally trained), in the fields/disciplines/studies of which you profess to know well? I am just curious.
Posts: 115 | From: NYC | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Lazaridis is a compouter scientist......And I have done genetics at college although my Degree and training is not in that discipline per se. But I am fully aware of what they are doing and the research path

--------------------

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
my god xyyman how long ago was that? did you take genetics from Mendel himself?
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
^lol! You got jokes......

--------------------

Frankly Kemet
Banned
Member # 22882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frankly Kemet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there is no one on this forum formally trained or educated in genetics, anthropology, and history. Basically, everyone here is a neophyte exchanging opinions. Thanks for that disclosure. Actually, I was under the impression some of you who speak boldly and with authority on the various complex topics were trained experts in the field. I will consider your statements accordingly, moving forward.
Posts: 115 | From: NYC | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
formally educated is not same as expert!

you were formally educated in mathematics i'm sure, you may speak confidently about arithmetic, without claiming to be a mathematician.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
@frankly kemet, You can't read and tell who who's formally trained by what they say type and upload? after all the usernames and accounts you create you can't deduce something as simple as that through your interactions? Boy delete your account.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
[QB] Khoisan get used a lot in these discussions but one has to remember that all Khoisan aren't light skin and there is no proof that they have been light skin since 80,000 or however far back they split off from East Africans.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature08795

Within-Africa analysis separates Bushmen from the divergent western and southern African populations (Fig. 4b), whereas ABT clearly falls within the Southern Bantu cluster. Variable relatedness of the Xhosa to Yoruba may suggest past admixture and/or historical diversity within this broadly defined population24. Within the Bushmen group, we predict that the Ju/’hoansi and HGDP San are essentially the same population. Divergence of KB1 and MD8 may be explained by recent Bantu admixture

-- Complete Khoisan and Bantu genomes from southern Africa
Stephan C. Schuster, Webb Miller[…]Vanessa M. Hayes
Nature volume 463, pages 943–947 (18 February 2010)

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/new-gene-variants-reveal-evolution-human-skin-color

New gene variants reveal the evolution of human skin color

By Ann GibbonsOct. 12, 2017 , 2:00 PM

“This is really a landmark study of skin color diversity,” says geneticist Greg Barsh of the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology in Huntsville, Alabama.

The team also found variants of two neighboring genes, HERC2 and OCA2, which are associated with light skin, eyes, and hair in Europeans but arose in Africa; these variants are ancient and common in the light-skinned San people. The team proposes that the variants arose in Africa as early as 1 million years ago and spread later to Europeans and Asians. “Many of the gene variants that cause light skin in Europe have origins in Africa,” Tishkoff says.

The most dramatic discovery concerned a gene known as MFSD12. Two mutations that decrease expression of this gene were found in high frequencies in people with the darkest skin. These variants arose about a half-million years ago, suggesting that human ancestors before that time may have had moderately dark skin, rather than the deep black hue created today by these mutations.

These same two variants are found in Melanesians, Australian Aborigines, and some Indians. These people may have inherited the variants from ancient migrants from Africa who followed a “southern route” out of East Africa, along the southern coast of India to Melanesia and Australia, Tishkoff says. That idea, however, counters three genetic studies that concluded last year that Australians, Melanesians, and Eurasians all descend from a single migration out of Africa. Alternatively, this great migration may have included people carrying variants for both light and dark skin, but the dark variants later were lost in Eurasians.

To understand how the MFSD12 mutations help make darker skin, the researchers reduced expression of the gene in cultured cells, mimicking the action of the variants in dark-skinned people. The cells produced more eumelanin, the pigment responsible for black and brown skin, hair, and eyes. The mutations may also change skin color by blocking yellow pigments: When the researchers knocked out MFSD12 in zebrafish and mice, red and yellow pigments were lost, and the mice’s light brown coats turned gray. “This new mechanism for producing intensely dark pigmentation is really the big story,” says Nina Jablonski, an anthropologist at Pennsylvania State University in State College.

The study adds to established research undercutting old notions of race. You can’t use skin color to classify humans, any more than you can use other complex traits like height, Tishkoff says. “There is so much diversity in Africans that there is no such thing as an African race.”

-

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autshumato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elmaestro, I disagree with you, humans were indeed brown to dark brown from the get go. From your comment I gather you too believe that hairy = light skin in early humans, but even apes are brown to dark brown under their fur. Plus, there is no difference between albinism and "light skin", as we can see with the San people and albino offspring from normal people, the same genes are affected.

I am not a scientist however, but I have been observing and reading up on this issue.

--------------------

Posts: 195 | From: Southern Africa(Azania) | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
There is a NO correlation between latitude and skin pigmentation. We should get rid of that lie and move on.

Question: Why are so many people getting banned?

--------------------

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
A bit off topic, when I search "almond/s" a get a picture of almond which is naturally brown, reason for the search is someone said I have an almond skin tone - and my skin is BROWN. But,I searched "almond skin colour" and I get pictures of pale skin people with a slight tan, barely visibly Brown. I've also observed this when searching "olive skin colour" and we all know what olive looks like but the pictures they show doesn't match. Now, if I said that you have a "tar skin tone", and show you a snow man, is it valid?

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Autshumato:
Elmaestro, I disagree with you, humans were indeed brown to dark brown from the get go. From your comment I gather you too believe that hairy = light skin in early humans, but even apes are brown to dark brown under their fur. Plus, there is no difference between albinism and "light skin", as we can see with the San people and albino offspring from normal people, the same genes are affected.

I am not a scientist however, but I have been observing and reading up on this issue.

Read up some more. you can start up here.
10.1038/nature04789

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Then move on here
10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Then freestyle and let your points cascade, and consider rereading my initial post n this thread.

I'll engage when your points become healthy.

Frankly Kemet
Banned
Member # 22882

Rate Member
quote:

you were formally educated in mathematics i'm sure, you may speak confidently about arithmetic, without claiming to be a mathematician.

right. expert. No one here is an expert. Thanks for the clarification and correction.
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Frankly Kemet:
quote:

right. expert. No one here is an expert. Thanks for the clarification and correction.
You're just annoying.

--------------------

Frankly Kemet
Banned
Member # 22882

Rate Member
It is best you not reply to me, and ignore my posts to keep peace between us and on this forum.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Frankly Kemet:
quote:

You're just annoying.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If these bio evolutionary chemists are going to say certain genes define "light" and "dark" skin it would be helpful to define terms. Light and dark are relative. Europeans are lighter skinned than Khoisan. Khoisan are lighter than Sudanese. Also the time ranges given are before even the birth of modern HSS, meaning they are talking about general mutations of DNA but not necessarily any specific skin color in any specific population. Just like a person can carry a sickle cell trait and not have sickle cell, so too can somebody carry a "light skin" trait and not be light skinned. This is how you get two darker skinned parents giving birth to a lighter skinned baby because of some hereditary genetic traits that were dormant in the parents but active in the child.

One also has to understand what aboriginal means in the context of human populations. When you talk of aboriginal you mean a population carrying many traits and mutations that may not always be positively expressed in any individual person but across the population is expressed at some percentage which given later migrations and bottlenecks becomes a dominant trait in a later population.

Also we don't know the specific path of or locations of any ancestral remains for modern khoisan to determine what if any physical differences there are between modern khoisan and their ancestors 30, 40 or 50k years ago.

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Doug Whites aren't light skin they are mostly devoid of pigmentation if that were the case then how come this African model with albinism is no different from the white women other than facial features?

@lioness that's a half truth.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jfdcWNbF_CA/UpYnY_RscoI/AAAAAAAAAiM/JiKQADBfnTA/s1600/097.jpg

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
@ Doug Whites aren't light skin they are mostly devoid of pigmentation if that were the case then how come this African model with albinism is no different from the white women other than facial features?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jfdcWNbF_CA/UpYnY_RscoI/AAAAAAAAAiM/JiKQADBfnTA/s1600/097.jpg

One of the characteristics of albinism is severe non-correctbale eye problems, OCA
the O stands for Ocular

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
There is a NO correlation between latitude and skin pigmentation. We should get rid of that lie and move on.

While there are some exceptions there is a broad pattern of between latitude and skin pigmentation.
People closer to the equator are generally darker because they need more protection from UV radiation damage

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] Elmaestro, I disagree with you, humans were indeed brown to dark brown from the get go. From your comment I gather you too believe that hairy = light skin in early humans, but even apes are brown to dark brown under their fur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MiL8xylgbM

-

These African chimpanzees are hairless but not albino

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
If these bio evolutionary chemists are going to say certain genes define "light" and "dark" skin it would be helpful to define terms. Light and dark are relative. Europeans are lighter skinned than Khoisan. Khoisan are lighter than Sudanese. Also the time ranges given are before even the birth of modern HSS, meaning they are talking about general mutations of DNA but not necessarily any specific skin color in any specific population. Just like a person can carry a sickle cell trait and not have sickle cell, so too can somebody carry a "light skin" trait and not be light skinned. This is how you get two darker skinned parents giving birth to a lighter skinned baby because of some hereditary genetic traits that were dormant in the parents but active in the child.

One also has to understand what aboriginal means in the context of human populations. When you talk of aboriginal you mean a population carrying many traits and mutations that may not always be positively expressed in any individual person but across the population is expressed at some percentage which given later migrations and bottlenecks becomes a dominant trait in a later population.

Also we don't know the specific path of or locations of any ancestral remains for modern khoisan to determine what if any physical differences there are between modern khoisan and their ancestors 30, 40 or 50k years ago.

Let's use the clinical term for so-called "light skin", which is albinism. Now that we've got that out of the way, the reason the San(and not "Khoisan", the San don't refer to themselves as such) is light skin is due to admixture with dark skin(normal) San people. As we can see with albinistic people mixing with normal pigmented people = there's a slight yellowish brown tan to the skin.

--------------------

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

One of the characteristics of albinism is severe non-correctbale eye problems, OCA
the O stands for Ocular

STOP! We've shown that there are albinistic people with ZERO symptoms. Look up non-symptomic albinism. You don't give up, do you?

--------------------

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

While there are some exceptions there is a broad pattern of between latitude and skin pigmentation.
People closer to the equator are generally darker because they need more protection from UV radiation damage

The ancient now extinct people of Tierra del Fuego disagree with your statement.

--------------------

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QB] Elmaestro, I disagree with you, humans were indeed brown to dark brown from the get go. From your comment I gather you too believe that hairy = light skin in early humans, but even apes are brown to dark brown under their fur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MiL8xylgbM

-

These African chimpanzees are hairless but not albino

They are sick, pale/pink skin have ZERO advantages in an natural environment, so we can safely assume that it's some kind of disease and albinistic.

--------------------

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
lol, dude your signature is giving me irony poisoning
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Autshumato, are you aware that a dark skinned person in the tropics can significantly lighten in their lifetime without mutation if they move to an area with thicker air mass and low intensity UV exposure?

Also, what in the African American variation do you not understand. If you mistake my position for we were white like north Europeans then darkened, you are mis-informed. You have more reading to do... read

quote:
10.1038/nature04789

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Then move on here
10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
@elmaestro where in the world does a region like that exist?
Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
Autshumato, are you aware that a dark skinned person in the tropics can significantly lighten in their lifetime without mutation if they move to an area with thicker air mass and low intensity UV exposure?

Also, what in the African American variation do you not understand. If you mistake my position for we were white like north Europeans then darkened, you are mis-informed. You have more reading to do... read

quote:
10.1038/nature04789

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Then move on here
10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Variations in Black Americans are due admixture with Europeans. And telling me that in countries like Russia, Ireland etc, dark skin people will turn lighter? That has NEVER happened before and NEVER will. I can see that you're glad that Mike got banned, now you can further your crackpot science.

--------------------

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:

I'm assuming he's referring to places like Russia and countries to the extreme North. Or else it's just a fantasy of his.

--------------------

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:

I'm assuming he's referring to places like Russia and countries to the extreme North. Or else it's just a fantasy of his.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
STOP! We've shown that there are albinistic people with ZERO symptoms. Look up non-symptomic albinism. You don't give up, do you?

If there are zero symptoms what determines the person is albino?
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:

Temperate forest zones near large bodies of water are like that.

quote:
quote:

quote:
10.1038/nature04789

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Then move on here
10.1002/ajpa.1330430325

Variations in Black Americans are due admixture with Europeans. And telling me that in countries like Russia, Ireland etc, dark skin people will turn lighter? That has NEVER happened before and NEVER will. I can see that you're glad that Mike got banned, now you can further your crackpot science.
Google active and basal melanogenesis... And/or look up the four stages of tanning. please further your reading... I'm not here to spoon feed you.
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
@elmeastro jungles? I'm going to look it up but I can't think of a cold place like that.
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
@elmeastro jungles? I'm going to look it up but I can't think of a cold place like that.

TEMPERATE FORESTS

It doesn't have to be cold ..Average Temp =/= UVR exposure. Use google.

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1087002415305074

Autshumato
Member # 22722

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

If there are zero symptoms what determines the person is albino?
White/pale/light skin obviously, did you look up non-symptomic albinism?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com