EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What is "white" exactly ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is "white" exactly ?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is "white" exactly ?
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europeans

known as gaouri/nsara by my people

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When used in a racial context,it describes people with little to no pigmentation. Generally referring to Europeans,but the human family is a continuation of similar looking people,so it should just be a color description.

Meron Benti,a Ethiopian woman with albinism

-

A white African girl in Monte San Savino…Did they pick on you because you were an albino or a foreigner?

I never felt like I was being bullied at the time. I only realised later. My classmates were a little nasty. They made fun of me especially because I came from Africa. Even at secondary school they called me “negro girl”, but in a friendly way. I didn’t mind too much.

A total shock. The members of my extended family didn’t even know what albinism was. They said my mother had had an affair with a white man. Then the doctors explained the situation. My neighbors called me “the foreigner” in Amharic. I tried to leave the house as rarely as I could.

Thando Hopa in a group that shows almost the range of human pigmentation.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tim-walker-jaha-dukureh-duckie-thot-and-thando-hopa-attend-the-2018-picture-id872682590?s=612x612

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
When used in a racial context,it describes people with little to no pigmentation. Generally referring to Europeans,but the human family is a continuation of similar looking people,so it should just be a color description.

Meron Benti,a Ethiopian woman with albinism

-

A white African girl in Monte San Savino…Did they pick on you because you were an albino or a foreigner?

I never felt like I was being bullied at the time. I only realised later. My classmates were a little nasty. They made fun of me especially because I came from Africa. Even at secondary school they called me “negro girl”, but in a friendly way. I didn’t mind too much.

A total shock. The members of my extended family didn’t even know what albinism was. They said my mother had had an affair with a white man. Then the doctors explained the situation. My neighbors called me “the foreigner” in Amharic. I tried to leave the house as rarely as I could.

Thanks Hopa in a group that shows almost the range of human pigmentation.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tim-walker-jaha-dukureh-duckie-thot-and-thando-hopa-attend-the-2018-picture-id872682590?s=612x612

People from the Horn of africa are craniometrically caucasoid therefore when they got albinism they can look european.

But west/central africans who get albinism don't look white at all :

-

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big O   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better yet name a white civilization.

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 266 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Antalas that's generally true about Bantu speakers but that isn't always the case. In terms of face shape,you do have a low side types amongst Europeans with strong jaws that remind me of some Bantu speakers with the difference being the nose,forehead and cheekbones.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
@Antalas that's generally true about Bantu speakers but that isn't always the case. In terms of face shape,you do have a low side types amongst Europeans with strong jaws that remind me of some Bantu speakers with the difference being the nose,forehead and cheekbones.

I agree
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big O:
Better yet name a white civilization.

Greece and Rome were like Europe today, mainly Caucasian
The civilization period is about 1200 BC and Rome 750 BC

So anything much earlier than this does not apply.

Also there are some sculptures like he ones you have shown from Greece or Rome depicting what appears to be people with African features.
Those do look like Africans. But such sculptures are probably less than 1% of all sculptures. So if just show those it proves absolutely nothing.
Almost all the emperors are Caucasian also though there were a couple part Berber and the Berbers were already mixed themselves.

There is brown skin depicted in some Minoan art and in Roman art. This is probably due to some extent of tanning since in Greece today you can
people brownish especially who work outside all day. In the same art you often see light skin females although there are some dark skinned.
Obviously if the males were actually dark skinned and they had a child with the light skinned woman the child would be a midpoint of dark just like Obama is is about a midpoint of darkness between is Kenyan father and European mother.
But Greece and Rome are also close to Africa some there is an element of African ancestry in some people but they are otherwise Caucasian.
There is also ancient DNA that reflects this

Again this is the Greek and Rome civilization, the period 1200 BC and 750 BC . You brought up Natufians in the other thread. They are 15,000 to 11,500 years ago, that is far before Greek and Roman civilization and was inside where is Israel is today. It doesn't apply

Greek and Roman civilization was mainly Caucasian from the start 1200 BC but like Europe is today multi ethnic.
Anything not close to that time period and for the Romans around 750 BC does not apply

However don't be racist. This item is off topic.
You could look at many places in the world and say about certain places "you never started a civilization"
The implication is that the people are therefore inferior
- but they are not
So realize it's racist for people to imply superiority due to so called "civilization" or types of technological developments
You should not be promoting that idea instead opposing it, don't stoop to such levels

Let's see if we can keep this thread not mean spirited, also you have a whole other thread in Kemet forum on this civilization topic

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

he doesn't appear to be white though

-

why even use color words as an identity?

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Because skin pigmentation varies and if melaninism was a thing that occurred in people like albinism,especially amongst Europeans and other populations,you would have a color description that was devoid of any unnecessary racial classification.

I don't know how true it , but Nigeria supposedly has a albino population of 4 million currently,that's more than enough people to be a separate group. The most I could find is a population of 2 million people affected with albinism out of 190-198 million Nigerians at the time
A YouTube video that supports the link.

https://youtu.be/qDhmxUdY7xY

https://albinofoundation.org/albinism-in-africa/

The prevalence rate of albinism in Nigeria is ranked amongst the highest in the world with an estimated figure of over two million albinos living in the country. By implication people living with albinism (PWA) in Nigeria represent one of the largest vulnerable groups in the country today. Despite their stated vulnerability and strength in number, and unlike other vulnerable groups in the Nigeria, they least enjoy the same level of special attention, security and support from governments at all level

Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because skin pigmentation varies and if melaninism was a thing that occurred in people like albinism,especially amongst Europeans and other populations,you would have a color description that was devoid of any unnecessary racial classification.

I don't know how true it , but Nigeria supposedly has a albino population of 4 million currently,that's more than enough people to be a separate group. The most I could find is a population of 2 million people affected with albinism out of 190-198 million Nigerians at the time
A YouTube video that supports the link.

https://youtu.be/qDhmxUdY7xY

https://albinofoundation.org/albinism-in-africa/

The prevalence rate of albinism in Nigeria is ranked amongst the highest in the world with an estimated figure of over two million albinos living in the country. By implication people living with albinism (PWA) in Nigeria represent one of the largest vulnerable groups in the country today. Despite their stated vulnerability and strength in number, and unlike other vulnerable groups in the Nigeria, they least enjoy the same level of special attention, security and support from governments at all level

Exactly. Literally.

"Colour variations are prevalent from light olive to deepest black, and albinos are common. These freaks of nature are of unprepossessing appearance. They are not, however, treated as monstrosities; indeed the mother of an albino is usually gratified with her offspring. They are termed by the people "ndi-awcha," i.e., white people."

"Among the Ibos of Nigeria, an account of the curious & interesting habits, customs, & beliefs" by George Thomas Basden, page 37 (1921)

https://archive.org/details/amongibosofniger00basd

-

Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
Exactly. Literally.

"Colour variations are prevalent from light olive to deepest black, and albinos are common. These freaks of nature are of unprepossessing appearance. They are not, however, treated as monstrosities; indeed the mother of an albino is usually gratified with her offspring. They are termed by the people "ndi-awcha," i.e., white people."

"Among the Ibos of Nigeria, an account of the curious & interesting habits, customs, & beliefs" by George Thomas Basden, page 37 (1921)

https://archive.org/details/amongibosofniger00basd

[URL=https://postimg.cc/BXqFvG4N]

It's something similar to racism to call such people "freaks of nature" and "monstrosities",
evil actually

quote:
Nigeria supposedly has a albino population of 4 million currently,that's more than enough people to be a separate group.

Tazarah
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@the lioness

Does that change any of the facts recorded by the author? Not really... so sho cares about the author's opinion

Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
@the lioness

Does that change any of the facts recorded by the author? Not really... so sho cares about the author's opinion

the quote harkens back to an old spirit of condemnation in this forum that was once popular
and what purpose to this topic do we need in looking at people in 2021, remarks from 100 years ago?

Tazarah
Member # 23365

@the lioness

Can you answer the question I asked you instead of deflecting?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
no, I don't answer rhetorical questions

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com