EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Modern egyptians in ancient attires

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Modern egyptians in ancient attires
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern festivals and reconstitutions of ancient egyptians by their descendents (This is how Ancient egyptians would have looked like) :

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

I will add more pictures later

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

funny they don't match the Color of a Real Egyptian Wall Painting showing Black People

this is a better fit

-

-

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does match it (even though it was conventional) :

-
 -
 -
 -

Meanwhile the blacks you posted would be better represented by those depictions :

-
 -
 -

Can't you see the difference ? :

-

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Antalas:

-

Meanwhile the blacks you posted would be better represented by those depictions :

[/IMG]

I realize what you trying to do but theres a Black That fits even that description:

-

Black is actually what the modern Egyptians are playing themselves as and their is Black People who live it everyday

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mightywolf
Member # 23402

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mightywolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Modern festivals and reconstitutions of ancient egyptians by their descendents (This is how Ancient egyptians would have looked like) :

-

Nice images.

Are the people in this Egyptian reenactment all North Africans?

Besides, I saw this couple in a documentary at timestamp 7:10-7:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNtlMDKPRQ

Posts: 102 | From: private | Registered: Jul 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mightywolf
Member # 23402

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mightywolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
quote:

-

[/IMG]

I realize what you trying to do but theres a Black That fits even that description:

-

Black is actually what the modern Egyptians are playing themselves as and their is Black People who live it everyday

Here's the thing: there were black Egyptians, or Horner-like ones, but so far it seems that, especially in the Delta or Lower Egypt, they were not the majority.
Posts: 102 | From: private | Registered: Jul 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mightywolf:

Nice images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNtlMDKPRQ [/QB][/QUOTE]

YOU SHOULD NOT FEED INTO THIS, I NOTICE PEOPLE FROM ASWAN AND NUBIA WERE NOT USED INSIDE THE REENACTMENT.

Even it seems Black Egyptians are rejected as Egyptian when they is found on social media.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

current president of Egypt Abdul Fattah al-Sisi, since 2014

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

[/IMG]

-

Here's the thing: there were black Egyptians, or Horner-like ones, but so far it seems that, especially in the Delta or Lower Egypt, they were not the majority.
You must understand Mightywolf that their is evidence for the lower egyptians to of been linked with upper egyptians and what is the Majority now a days was the minority inside the past, meaning the majority of Egyptians lived inside upper egypt inside the past and when you go by the wall paintings and the statues, Black was the extreme majority of Ancient Egyptians
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:

-

Black is actually what the modern Egyptians are playing themselves as and their is Black People who live it everyday [/QB]

that woman has recent european admixture
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

Interesting I didn't know and they would both pass easily as egyptians
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
Nice images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNtlMDKPRQ [/qb]

Yes all except the last image but they both pass easily as egyptians
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

that woman has recent european admixture [/QB]
Africans come inside that color as well without admixture

-

I wonder how do you know she has recent admixture anyways

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Nice images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNtlMDKPRQ

Yes all except the last image but they both pass easily as egyptians [/QB]
quote:

-

This man was in a festival in 2017 in Alexandria in honor of Cleopatra, one of the Macedonian Greek occupiers of Egypt.

What is his ancestral background?
What is his name?

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:

-

I wonder how do you know she has recent admixture anyways [/QB]

See now you post another one because you know I'm right and now the one you posted is from the Horn of Africa where people have between 40-50% eurasian ancestry

-

-

"As our data show, the people of the Horn of Africa are craniofacially less distinct from a spectrum of samples marginally including South Asia and running all the way from the Middle East to northwest Europe than they are to any group in sub-Saharan Africa. "

Brace, C. L., D. P. Tracer, L. A. Yaroch, J. Robb, K. Brandt, and A. R. Nelson. 1993. Clines and Clusters Versus "Race": A Test in Ancient Egypt and the Case of a Death on the Nile. Yearbook of Physical Anthropology 36:1-31.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

I wonder how do you know she has recent admixture anyways

See now you post another one because you know I'm right and now the one you posted is from the Horn of Africa where people have between 40-50% eurasian ancestry

-

-

"As our data show, the people of the Horn of Africa are craniofacially less distinct from a spectrum of samples marginally including South Asia and running all the way from the Middle East to northwest Europe than they are to any group in sub-Saharan Africa. "

Brace, C. L., D. P. Tracer, L. A. Yaroch, J. Robb, K. Brandt, and A. R. Nelson. 1993. Clines and Clusters Versus "Race": A Test in Ancient Egypt and the Case of a Death on the Nile. Yearbook of Physical Anthropology 36:1-31. [/QB]

recent common shared ancestry via Out of Africa and also the west eurasian ancestry would not of accounted for lighter skin or hair or eyes. We see that these are the west Eurasians that they would be mixed with:

-

and

Dr. C. Loring Brace stated :

quote:
but that explanation founders on the paradox of why that supposedly potent "caucasoid" people contributed a dominant quantity of genes for nose and face form but none for skin color or limb proportions
also
quote:
Certainly our data are not incompatible with the argument from Tishkoff et al. (1996) that an element of the contempo-rary Ethiopian population may be descendants of the ancestral population that spawned the migration out of Africa. We also argue, however, that in addition to this early bottleneck event , later periods of admixture have played a major role in shaping the gene pool of Ethiopia, and its populations display both Eurasian and Sub-Saharan genetic influences.
also this study says Horners are not that admixed

Afar 10.5% Arabian
Ethiopia Jews 13.6 Arabian
Ethiopian Amhara 14.7 Arabian
Ethiopian Oromo 5.1 Arabian
Ethiopian Somali 0% Arabian
Ethiopian Tigray 16.3 Arabian/Levantine Caucasian 6.1%
Oromo 10.3% Arabian
Tygray 14.4% Arabian
Wolayta 6.1% Arabian
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep06055

credit Elijah the tishbite

and what is from the conclusion is that ancestry of the ethiopians have 5 times ancestry so it should not be taken with two way admixture.

Also dna that links eurasians closer to Africans then they are close to other Africans is pseudoscience

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
recent common shared ancestry via Out of Africa and also the west eurasian ancestry would not of accounted for lighter skin or hair or eyes. We see that these are the west Eurasians that they would be mixed with:

You literally speak without a shred of evidence just speculating meanwhile genetically as I've shown they do have proper eurasian ancestry (whether a part of it stems from the earliest eurasians or not it doesn't change anything) and their morphology is more akin to eurasians than the rest of SSA.

quote:
Originally posted by KING: credit Elijah the tishbite

and what is from the conclusion is that ancestry of the ethiopians have 5 times ancestry so it should not be taken with two way admixture.

Also dna that links eurasians closer to Africans then they are close to other Africans is pseudoscience [/QB]

I completely debunked what Elijah posted and he completely ignored the study I just showed you. and what does "the ethiopians have 5 times ancestry " even mean wtf ?

Go spam your low IQ collages instead of wasting my time here and polluting my thread.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Obviously most of these look like cosplay because there is no current cultural continuity with ancient times. Of course that is their history but the current culture and identity of the area is totally different. Whereas in other parts of Africa, from which the culture of the ancients originated, you see similar practices and traditions maintained to this day. And these traditions and practices share nothing in common with Eurasians.

-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TD4MLgj_Q

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoows-bKw_M

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Participants in a great procession in Kairo, when the mummies of 18 kings and four queens were moved from Egyptian Museum to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation.

-

-

-

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One can always find similarities between some ancient statue and a modern person.

To the left a participant in the mummy procession in Kairo. To the right, princess Nofret 4th dynasty, Egyptian Museum, Kairo.

-

--------------------

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Tut's royal throne chair, depicting himself wife.

Definitely looks like a modern "negro" to me -- and he was Egyptian royalty. Which means he looked the same as his family, which was also Egyptian royalty.

-

-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/egyptians/tutankhamun_gallery_02.shtml?fbclid=IwAR0C26GyhhjG-OPILm_bKyRz49Ad0lB828f_yy6MiFDDYLZaKqBjK0kZ3ss

Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You literally speak without a shred of evidence just speculating meanwhile genetically as I've shown they do have proper eurasian ancestry (whether a part of it stems from the earliest eurasians or not it doesn't change anything) and their morphology is more akin to eurasians than the rest of SSA.

quote:
Originally posted by KING: credit Elijah the tishbite

Also dna that links eurasians closer to Africans then they are close to other Africans is pseudoscience

I completely debunked what Elijah posted and he completely ignored the study I just showed you. and what does "the ethiopians have 5 times ancestry " even mean wtf ?

Go spam your low IQ collages instead of wasting my time here and polluting my thread. [/QB]

study in 2014 are Lowland eastern Cushitic, Nilo-Saharan, Omotic, Arabian, the Tigray Levantine Caucasian.

The west eurasians would of been Black like this man:

-

and would of been when Out Of Africa happened since there was not any big migration into the Horn inside modern times

and also pseudo is dna because somehow your looking deeper then skin and trying to connect people that are not linked together as linked based on human made genetics, Not God blessed

also the haplogroups is not phenotype so it does not link that Good

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Haplogroup J has been found at a frequency of approximately 18% in Ethiopians, with a higher prevalence among the Amhara, where it has been found to exist at levels as high as 35%.
So at 18% this is similar to the amount of European admixture in African Americans
Islam in Ethiopia dates back to the founding of the religion; in 615, when a group of Muslims were counseled by Muhammad to escape persecution in Mecca and travel to Ethiopia via modern-day Eritrea, which was ruled by Najashi, a pious Christian king. It is agreed by Islamic scholars that Najashi gave shelter to the Muslim refugees around 615–616 at Axum.
Muslims arrived in the Axumite Empire during the Hijarat as early disciples from Mecca, persecuted by the ruling Quraysh tribe. They were received by the Christian ruler of Axum, whom Arabic tradition has named Ashama ibn Abjar (King Armah in Ge'Ez and Amharic), and he settled them in Negash. Located in the Tigray Region. On the other hand, the principal center of Islamic culture, learning, and propagation has been Wello. The Quraysh sent emissaries to bring them back to Arabia, but the King of Axum refused their demands. The Prophet himself instructed his followers who came to the Axumite empire, to respect and protect Axum as well as live in peace with the native Christians. While the city of Medina, north of Mecca, ultimately became the new home of most of the exiles from Mecca, a 7th-century cemetery excavated inside the boundaries of Negash shows the Muslim community survived their departure.

KING the thread is not about Ethiopians.
Egypt has had may foreign occupations, Ethiopia has not. Migrations do not have to be "mass migrations" where a massive amount of people all move from one place to another at the same time, they can occur over decades or hundreds of years

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
Haplogroup J has been found at a frequency of approximately 18% in Ethiopians, with a higher prevalence among the Amhara, where it has been found to exist at levels as high as 35%.
So at 18% this is similar to the amount of European admixture in African Americans
Islam in Ethiopia dates back to the founding of the religion; in 615, when a group of Muslims were counseled by Muhammad to escape persecution in Mecca and travel to Ethiopia via modern-day Eritrea, which was ruled by Najashi, a pious Christian king. It is agreed by Islamic scholars that Najashi gave shelter to the Muslim refugees around 615–616 at Axum.
Muslims arrived in the Axumite Empire during the Hijarat as early disciples from Mecca, persecuted by the ruling Quraysh tribe. They were received by the Christian ruler of Axum, whom Arabic tradition has named Ashama ibn Abjar (King Armah in Ge'Ez and Amharic), and he settled them in Negash. Located in the Tigray Region. On the other hand, the principal center of Islamic culture, learning, and propagation has been Wello. The Quraysh sent emissaries to bring them back to Arabia, but the King of Axum refused their demands. The Prophet himself instructed his followers who came to the Axumite empire, to respect and protect Axum as well as live in peace with the native Christians. While the city of Medina, north of Mecca, ultimately became the new home of most of the exiles from Mecca, a 7th-century cemetery excavated inside the boundaries of Negash shows the Muslim community survived their departure.

KING the thread is not about Ethiopians.
Egypt has had may foreign occupations, Ethiopia has not. Migrations do not have to be "mass migrations" where a massive amount of people all move from one place to another at the same time, they can occur over decades or hundreds of years

lioness this is not what happened with Ethiopians there was not much of an migration into Ethiopia.

Whats goig on is that Antalas is saying that the phenotype of Ethiopians proves they were mixed with Arabs when the migration has not been that high. Africans do not need west eurasian ancestry to look like light skinned africans thats why the west eurasian ancestry would of been as Black as the Ethiopians

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Africans do not need west eurasian ancestry to look like light skinned africans

If you see a light skinned person from the horn
how do you know what their ancestry is?

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
How todays Egyptians celebrate the ancient ones: A video from the grand procession in Kairo in 2021, when the mummies of 18 kings and four queens were moved from the Egyptian Museum to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation.

The Pharaohs’ Golden Parade | Egypt | Short Clip | Catch the event in 14 minutes

--------------------

Shebitku
Member # 23742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebitku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 200 | From: Nibiru | Registered: Mar 2023  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
The Egyptian actress Asmaa Galal, dressed as Cleopatra

-

Asmaa Galal - imdb

--------------------

Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern egyptians are arabs
Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Note- in real life some black or african americans just like white americans do not have any other race admixture.
Anyway links for african american dna talk and who were the ancient egyptians.

Topic: ‘Queen Cleopatra’ Netflix Docuseries Controversy Explained
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=013382;p=8#000358
and
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=013382;p=7#000342

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Doesnt look or remind me of ancient egyptians at all. I dont see how anyone can see these people as ancient egyptians.
Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Kemet queen and a statue from the tomb of Meketre. When she posted a video about the statue she got some weird comments from ethnocentric trolls.

-

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com