EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Does the Ancient Northern/Lower Egyptian Fall Under “Indigenous African Variance?"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does the Ancient Northern/Lower Egyptian Fall Under “Indigenous African Variance?"
Ibis
Member # 23674

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ibis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stumbled upon a post by A Youtuber who goes by the name of Mr.Imhotep where he references the Tomb of Kheruef and shares a depiction of an ancient lower Egyptian next to the other recognized groups of men by the Ancient Egyptians.

-

He states that the Egyptians “knew the lower Egyptians were black” which is fair considering how the lower Egyptian(LE) has dark skin. However he fails to address the hair texture of the LE. The LE man possesses long straight hair, which isn’t a typical trait for an indigenous African man.

Now, before you guys come at me, YES I am aware that some east africans boast long straight hair we see with this picture of a Kenyan girl.
 -

However, Kheruef also depicts Mediterraneans who are not only men, but have long straight hair. With this in mind, wouldn’t it be reasonable to assume that the LE weren’t “blacks” as Mr.Imhotep suggested, but rather part of a Mediterranean genetic pool? It’s also worth mentioning that the Mediterranean men also have dark skin despite not being African supporting the LE actually being part of ancient Mediterranean variance. What do you guys think?

Posts: 78 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com