EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » New Member Introduction » My heritage - Egyptian/Austrian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My heritage - Egyptian/Austrian
aisha1985
Member # 23179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aisha1985   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I am a mixed woman from vienna/austria.
My father is egyptian and my mother austrian.

Recently i did a DNA test and it says i am 13% maasai (which is the highest amount of all ethnicities showed up in the test).
I do also have somali dna.

Though my father´s skin is very dark because my grandfather was from sudan. Grandmother is egyptian/saudi arabian.

Some people here don´t think that we a real egyptians, as the skin tone of my familiy members is dark brown. One friend said that my father looks like a Zulu (???).

I did a lot of research, but i am still not really sure how to explain people were i come from. And that Nubians are egyptians too.

Here is the link to my DNA test results:
https://www.myheritage.com/dna/ethnicity/594989631

Were the maasai enyhow related to old egypt?
As the history of maasai coming from south of sudan, makes sense for me.

I would appreciate your inputs.

Best,
Aisha

Posts: 1 | From: vienna | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let people get you down with that real egyptian talk

You don't owe anybody an explanation of anything

Actually that 13% maasai doesn't necessarily mean an actual ethnic Maasai it could also mean Maasai related genomic material

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

“the majority of Y chromosomes found in populations in Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and Oromos in Somalia and North Kenya (Boranas) belong to haplogroup E3b1 defined by the Y chromosome marker M78“(Sanchez 2005)

~Juan J Sanchez et al.
High frequencies of Y chromosome lineages characterized by E3b1, DYS19-11, DYS392-12 in Somali males

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viceroy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aisha1985:
Hello all,

I am a mixed woman from vienna/austria.
My father is egyptian and my mother austrian.

Recently i did a DNA test and it says i am 13% maasai (which is the highest amount of all ethnicities showed up in the test).
I do also have somali dna.

Though my father´s skin is very dark because my grandfather was from sudan. Grandmother is egyptian/saudi arabian.

Some people here don´t think that we a real egyptians, as the skin tone of my familiy members is dark brown. One friend said that my father looks like a Zulu (???).

I did a lot of research, but i am still not really sure how to explain people were i come from. And that Nubians are egyptians too.

Here is the link to my DNA test results:
https://www.myheritage.com/dna/ethnicity/594989631

Were the maasai enyhow related to old egypt?
As the history of maasai coming from south of sudan, makes sense for me.

I would appreciate your inputs.

Best,
Aisha

Posts: 1061 | From: Laos | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viceroy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aisha,
Some Egyptian have Sub-Saharan ancestry, but that does mean they're any less Egyptian than others.

The Slave Trade and other movements of people has altered the Ancient and Modern Eguyptian genetics, but at the end of the day, if you family speaks Egyptian Arabic or Nubian, you're part of Egypt and deserve to be called an Egyptian.

Just like in America today, many whites claim to be the real Americans, but that's not actually true, and Native Americans have a few words to say about the issue.

Posts: 1061 | From: Laos | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by viceroy:
Aisha,
Some Egyptian have Sub-Saharan ancestry, but that does mean they're any less Egyptian than others.

The Slave Trade and other movements of people has altered the Ancient and Modern Eguyptian genetics, but at the end of the day, if you family speaks Egyptian Arabic or Nubian, you're part of Egypt and deserve to be called an Egyptian.

Just like in America today, many whites claim to be the real Americans, but that's not actually true, and Native Americans have a few words to say about the issue.

Hg E-M78 is ancent to Northeast Africa. Going back thousands of years. There was no "major slave trade" to Egypt from supposed sub-Sahara. Aisha her genetic traits are from very old remnants.

quote:
E-M78 represents 74.5% of haplogroup E, the highest frequencies observed in Masalit and Fur populations.”
~Hisham Y. Hassan et al.

quote:
Still, it appears that the process of state formation involved a large indigenous component. Outside influence and admixture with extraregional groups primarily occurred in Lower Egypt—perhaps during the later dynastic, but especially in Ptolmaic and Roman times (also Irish, 2006). No large-scale population replacement in the form of a foreign dynastic ‘race’ (Petrie, 1939) was indicated. Our results are generally consistent with those of Zakrzewski (2007). Using craniometric data in predynastic and early dynastic Egyptian samples, she also concluded that state formation was largely an indigenous process with some migration into the region evident. The sources of such migrants have not been identified; inclusion of additional regional and extraregional skeletal samples from various periods would be required for this purpose."
~Schillaci MA, Irish JD, Wood CC. 2009
Further analysis of the population history of ancient Egyptians.

quote:
To sum up, Nubia is Egypt’s African ancestor. What linked Ancient Egypt to the rest of the North African cultures is this strong tie with the Nubian pastoral nomadic lifestyle, the same pastoral background commonly shared by most of the ancient Saharan and modern sub-Saharan societies. Thus, not only did Nubia have a prominent role in the origin of Ancient Egypt, it was also a key area for the origin of the entire African pastoral tradition.
~Gatto M. 2009.
The Nubian Pastoral Culture as Link between Egypt and Africa: A View from the Archaeological Record

quote:
“Pottery from Al Khiday (Khartoum, Sudan), where a number of sites with well-preserved stratified archaeological sequences have been excavated and radiometrically dated to the Mesolithic and Neolithic periods (7000–4000 calibrated BC), was archaeometrically analysed with the main aim of quantifying the textural parameters of the inclusions in the ceramic pastes. A set of 360 samples was studied, and quantitative and qualitative information was obtained regarding paste production recipes and the raw materials used over time.

Three main petrographic groups were identified, according to contents in alkali-feldspar and quartz, and the grain-size of quartz inclusions. Further sub-groups were defined and described in terms of grain-size distribution and abundance of the various types of inclusions. Digital image analysis on both scanning electron back-scattered images and elemental maps enabled validation of petrographic groups by quantitative description of the type, abundance and shape of inclusions, and the inclusion-to-matrix ratio. Correlations among the paste production recipes and decorative motifs revealed changes in production technology over time.”

~Gregorio Dal Sassoa et al.
Discriminating pottery production by image analysis: a case study of Mesolithic and Neolithic pottery from Al Khiday (Khartoum, Sudan)

quote:

The process of the peopling of the Nile Valley likely shaped the population structure and early biological similarity of Egyptians and Nubians. As others have noted, affinity among Nilotic populations was due to an aggregation of events, including environmental, linguistic, and sociopolitical changes over a great deal of time.

This study seeks to evaluate the relationships of Nubian and Egyptian groups in the context of the original peopling event. Cranial nonmetric traits from 18 Nubian and Egyptian samples, spanning Lower Egypt to Lower Nubia and approximately 7400 years, were analyzed using Mahalanobis D2 as a measure of biological distance. A principal coordinates analysis and spatial-temporal model were applied to these data. The results reveal temporal and spatial patterning consistent with documented events in Egyptian and Nubian population history. Moreover, the Mesolithic Nubian sample clustered with later Nubian and Egyptian samples, indicating that events prior to the Mesolithic were important in shaping the later genetic patterning of the Nubian population. Later contact through the establishment of the Egyptian fort at Buhen, Kerma’s position as a strategic trade center along the Nile, and Egyptian colonization at Tombos maintained genetic similarity among the populations”

~K Godde July 2018
A new analysis interpreting Nilotic relationships and peopling of the Nile Valley

quote:

The area around Gebel Ramlah was settled since the beginning of the Early Neolithic, and the density of settlement reached its maximum during the El Jerar phase (climatic optimum of the Holocene). Traces from the Middle, Late, and Final Neolithic are less intensive and random. In fact, for the Final Neolithic, we have more information on mortuary behavior than for the settlement pattern and subsistence. Between 4500 and 4300 BC, south-western fringes of the Gebel Ramlah lake served as an extended burial ground for different populations. Different ancestry and relationships of these populations can be followed on the basis of archaeological and, partially, bioarchaeological arguments. Some groups (using cemeteries E-01-2, E-03-1, E-03-2, and E-09-4) show some affiliation with sub-Saharan Africans, readable in the pottery assemblage and other grave goods, as well as some morphological features (Irish 2010; Kobusiewicz and Kabaciński 2010; Czekaj-Zastawny and Kabaciński 2015). These people were certainly mobile, perhaps spending only a few months per year at Gebel Ramlah. The E-09-02 cemeteries for neonates and adults belonged to another, more sedentary group with limited mobility; however, we cannot trace their origins based on the available record. An almost complete lack of grave goods does not allow comparative analyses. On the other hand, peculiar characters of the skeletal remains at these cemeteries—numerous neonatal/perinatal individuals and poorly preserved subadults/adults—do not allow reliable studies based on craniometric or dental data. But, qualitatively, there are no obvious differences among all populations from Gebel Ramlah at the beginning of the Final Neolithic. Thus, the two groups, culturally different, were likely not much different biologically, possibly deriving from the same region of Africa.

[…]

Ethnographic data offer support by showing how radically different children are treated in various African societies (Gottlieb 2004a, b; Pawlik 2004; Kabaciński et al. 2018).

~Agnieszka Czekaj-Zastawny & Tomasz Goslar & Joel D. Irish & Jacek Kabaciński
Gebel Ramlah—a Unique Newborns’ Cemetery of the Neolithic Sahara
African Archaeological Review volume 35, pages393–405(2018)

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Egypt#/media/File:Slave_Market,_Mono_version.jpg

Slave market, with Nubian slaves waiting to be sold

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Zsa Zsa Gabor, the Hungarian beauty queen-turned-nine-times-married Hollywood icon died Sunday at 99 from a heart attack.
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
delete!
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Egypt#/media/File:Slave_Market,_Mono_version.jpg

Slave market, with Nubian slaves waiting to be sold

Where is the evidence that they were "being sold as slaves", Fakeroy? lol

Fakeroy, you are so damned dumb. lol SCIENCE TELLS US THAT THESE ETHNIC GROUPS CLUSTER AND GO WAY BACK TO THOUSANDS OF YEARS PRIOR, TO THE NEW KINGDOM!

quote:
Relief from the tomb of Horemheb with Nubian prisoners

Additional information

The only Bolognese relief carved in recess depicts a group of Nubians prisoners, recognizable by the physical features of negroid type, the frizzy hair and loop earrings. These sit on the ground in an act of submission, guarded by three armed Egyptian soldiers with sticks, while a scribe, who holds in his hands the palette for color tablets and stylus, takes the minutes of what is happening and choose between the two servants prisoners for Tutankhamun's court, as he says in the inscription in hieroglyphics surrounding the scene.

Inventory number: KS 1869 = 1887 Rilievo from the tomb of Horemheb with Nubian prisoners

The relief, together with other four in the Museum, comes from the Memphite tomb of General Horemheb, who ended his amazing becoming last pharaoh military and political career of the Eighteenth Dynasty. Before being elected ruler of Egypt, and to choose which burial place the Valley of the Kings, Horemheb had built two graves: one at Amarna, at the time of the so-called heretic Pharaoh Akhenaten, and a second at Saqqara during the reign of Tutankhamen, they come from these and many other parietal fragments now exhibited in various European and American museums.

Provenance: Egypt: Saqqara. Palagi collection (Nizzoli)
Dating: New Kingdom: Eighteenth Dynasty, reign of Tutankhamun (1332 - 1323 BC)

Material: limestone with traces of color
Size: 62.5 x 85 cm

http://www.museibologna.it/archeologicoen/percorsi/66287/id/75337/oggetto/75338/

quote:
"The Mahalanobis D2 analysis uncovered close affinities between Nubians and Egyptians. Table 3 lists the Mahalanobis D2 distance matrix. As there is no significance testing that is available to be applied to this form of Mahalanobis distances, the biodistance scores must be interpreted in relation to one another, rather than on a general scale. In some cases, the statistics reveal that the Egyptian samples were more similar to Nubian samples than to other Egyptian samples (e.g. Gizeh and Hesa/Biga) and vice versa (e.g. Badari and Kerma, Naqada and Christian).

These relationships are further depicted in the PCO plot (Fig. 2). Aside from these interpopulation relationships, some Nubian groups are still more similar to other Nubians and some Egyptians are more similar to other Egyptian samples. Moreover, although the Nubian and Egyptian samples formed one well-distributed group, the Egyptian samples clustered in the upper left region, while the Nubians concentrated in the lower right of the plot. One line can be drawn that would separate the closely dispersed Egyptians and Nubians. The predynastic Egyptian samples clustered together (Badari and Naqada), while Gizeh most closely groups with the Lisht sample. The first two principal coordinates from PCO account for 60% of the variation in the samples. The graph from PCO is basically a pictorial representation of the distance matrix and interpretations from the plot mirror the Mahalanobis D2 matrix.”

~K Godde
An Examination of Nubian and Egyptian biological distances: Support for biological diffusion or in situ development?
Homo. 2009;60(5):389-404. Epub 2009 Sep 19.

quote:
The process of the peopling of the Nile Valley likely shaped the population structure and early biological similarity of Egyptians and Nubians. As others have noted, affinity among Nilotic populations was due to an aggregation of events, including environmental, linguistic, and sociopolitical changes over a great deal of time. This study seeks to evaluate the relationships of Nubian and Egyptian groups in the context of the original peopling event. Cranial nonmetric traits from 18 Nubian and Egyptian samples, spanning Lower Egypt to Lower Nubia and approximately 7400 years, were analyzed using Mahalanobis D2 as a measure of biological distance. A principal coordinates analysis and spatial-temporal model were applied to these data. The results reveal temporal and spatial patterning consistent with documented events in Egyptian and Nubian population history. Moreover, the Mesolithic Nubian sample clustered with later Nubian and Egyptian samples, indicating that events prior to the Mesolithic were important in shaping the later genetic patterning of the Nubian population. Later contact through the establishment of the Egyptian fort at Buhen, Kerma’s position as a strategic trade center along the Nile, and Egyptian colonization at Tombos maintained genetic similarity among the populations”

~K Godde
A new analysis interpreting Nilotic relationships and peopling of the Nile Valley
Volume 69, Issue 4, July 2018, Pages 147-157

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
delete!

I agree, you are deleted.

-

Mastaba-Chapel of Hetepherakhet

-

Mastaba-Chapel of Hetepherakhet "Rijksmuseum van Oudheden" Leiden Netherlands A Bas-Relief from the Old Kingdom (About 3000 BC).

-

-
Lintel of Amenemhat I and Deities

Period: Middle Kingdom
Dynasty: Dynasty 12
Reign: reign of Amenemhat I–Senwosret I
Date: ca. 1981–1952 B.C.

Geography: From Egypt, Memphite Region, Lisht North, Pyramid Temple of Amenemhat I, MMA excavations, 1907
Medium: Limestone, paint
Dimensions: H. 36.8 cm (14 1/2 in.); W. 172.7 cm (68 in.); D. 13.3 cm (5 1/4 in.)
Credit Line: Rogers Fund, 1908
Accession Number: 08.200.5

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/08.200.5/

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These bots are everywhere now...
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ase:
These bots are everywhere now...

It's a suck puppet by the alphabet boyz trying to lure people with covert acts. Because in their mind, people here don't have the legal-rights to study history. That is seen as "dangerous". lol
artbynani
alive
Member # 23238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artbynani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm...well pale skin is only found in modern eurasians and their descendants. If we go post 1000bc, aka 3000 years ago you'll find the only place where pale skin people resided was in centaral/eastern eurasia (europe and asia are regions* of the same continent). Every pale skinned people derive from these groups gentically. We also find climate doesn't effect skin color at all aswell. That is why finnish people are much paler than than the natives of finland called "sami" (whom originally were described and very few are tan skin with black hair (from what we know)). Also why yemen people are much paler than Eritreans and somali next door.

In europe, north africa, and arabia through the levant there was another race of people residing there and this is supported through papers on ancient genes of pre 1000bc western eurasians.

Not to mention north african natives are still around, unlike europes. Arabias can be found in pockets too. You do know that "nubian" people (unrelated to that african group who traded with egyptains. We dont know their name, we just call them nuba since they traded gold and that's apparently n-b-u or something in ancient egyptian) live throughout egypt natively but have been forced to migrate south due to the turko/egyptain government flooding their homes?

Anyways I hope you get the point here. Modern folk in north africa only arrived around the 600s through the 1800s and can trace their dna and cultures back there aswell. That is why there are no mentions of anyone but the brown skinned (what people call "black people") people of north africa historically till the wars and invasions of eurasians began.

Ofcourse history is always strange. My point is nationality and nativity are two separate titles once can carry. Someone can live in australia, that doesn't mean they are a native astralian. Same with north africa, arabia and europe. Albeit north africas invasions were the most recent in terms of total demographic shifts. Modern north africans are very racist too. I mean, being "egyptian", "libyan" or what have you is just coded language for turkish, arab, perisian etc. not really native. ofcourse they wouldn't accept an actual mixed person as the same as them. On the flip side nor would native egyptians accept mixed invaders as them. as soon as ones mixed they're no longer the whole is the idea.

Posts: 17 | From: earth | Registered: Jun 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com