EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Fashion store H&M racist ad call African boy coolest monkey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fashion store H&M racist ad call African boy coolest monkey
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5245887/Critics-call-boycott-H-M-racist-advert.html

Critics call for boycott of H&M over advert for 'coolest monkey in the jungle' child's hoodie featuring a black model
Furious shoppers calling for boycott of high street giant H&M over 'racist' advert
Green top with phrase 'Coolest Monkey in the Jungle' modelled by a black child
Swedish fashion chain today removed the image and apologised for any offence
Do you know H&M's child model...? email tips@dailymail.com

-
H&M is selling a green hooded top on its website emblazoned with the phrase 'Coolest Monkey in the Jungle'

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mena: The H&M advertising using the African boy wearing the sweater saying I am the coolest monkey was nasty, immoral, racist and insensitive. H&M should apologize, make a multi million dollars donation to anti racist NGO and require his managers to take anti racist classes.

I dont think this racist advertising was an accident. I think the White elite was sending a message to Black African people and Black people that Europe and America is a pro White world and they are below White people. Every year our couple of months a famous White person or a White own corporations will make a racist comment and apologized after just to remind Black people who is in control. Probably many rich Africans are shopping in the famous European cities and are meeting the prejudice White elite in the luxury stores who want to put the rich Africans in their place.

Black people are the original people of the planet therefore planet earth is the property of Black people. All the so call race on earth or subset of the Black race came out of the Black race therefore the Black race is the parent of all the races. White people in most of their history in this planet were ruled by Black monarchs, worshiped Black Gods and live in harmony with Black people.

The psychopaths sorcerers of the Papacy in Rome and the European kings created racism by falsifying World history by erasing Black monarchs, priests, scientists and philosophers from the most important part of the world. They also replaced the image of Black Jesus and Black Moses with a White Jesus and a White Moses. The European sorcerers destroyed Black civilizations, all over the world, enslaved Africans and colonized the world beginning in the 15 cent CE. The European sorcerers established a White supremacy world order.

Smart Western historians knows that racism is ignorant and world history is a lie but they will not say anything publicly because racism give financial, politic and social advantages to White, Latino, Arab, Asian people over Black people and racism build the ego of White people making them think they are superior.

-
ome shoppers have been left outraged by the item, accusing the brand of 'casual racism'

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julia Tom
Member # 23028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julia Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well H&M should apologize publically as they offended not only that kid but the entire black nation. This is a complete act of racism I strongly support both of you. Now, I should boycott them too and start shopping from Reecoupons.
Posts: 1 | From: Newyork | Registered: Feb 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent analysis Mena.
It's commonplace now, not even shocking anymore.
Lookit Gucci's recent blackface sweater oops!
Now this, has it been a week later?
U r right i agree its all intentional.
Laugh do they, with complete impunity.
They KNOW the offended targetted deme will continue buying.
Hiphop material culture demands name dropping fashions.
Child's mother took the modeling $$$ w/o a thought?!?
Never heard of Prada keychain or European soccer games?!?
In this globally connected 2019 NewMedia TechnicalBoy MrWorld we live in?
Will there be a 30 moratorium?
Will there be requirements to lift it?
Eff sensitivity training or somesuch nonsense as compensation.
It's systemic of the white right wing uprising worldwide.
Emphasis on black new hires from top to bottom.
% of profits donated to anti slavery orgs
or to fight deportations to Mauritania
or to BHCU or something.
Internships for black students mid to upper levels.
Anything that will have lasting effects
and force these peoples to work with blacks among them.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/gucci-blackface-sambo-coat-fashion-met-racism/

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thing about Black people being described as monkeys is overdone.

Human beings ARE monkeys, and are distinctive by being less furry, basically hairless in comparison with their other counterparts.

The scientific term appears to be primate or simian.

The simple fact is the most popular of the simians seem to be the dark-skinned ones and which is why people fixate so much on the similarity to Black people.

There are lots of white-faced monkeys out there, but for some reason white people tend to dwell on the darker-skinned ones and ignore those who look like resemble them.

Haven't guys heard of the English monkey?

uakari, better known as the English monkey
 -

Hamadryas Baboon
 -

Lesula monkey - this one has a long thin nose, just like white people
 -

What is the problem? Why do people have to deny their own nature because some use it as an insult?

That boy is the coolest monkey in the jungle, human beings are at the top of the monkey pecking order.

It is like this silly issue of people thinking that Black women in red lipstick are not attractive because of Zwarte Piet.

This silliness needs to end.

--------------------
The Habsburg Agenda - Defending Western Christian civilization

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gucci-creative-director-says-unintended-racist-imagery-890-sweater-causes-n971261

-

Gucci creative director says unintended racist imagery of $890 sweater causes him 'grief'

"We are truly committed in facing what happened as a crucial learning moment for everybody," the luxury brand executive said.

NBC
Feb. 13, 2019, 6:21 PM EST
By Janelle Griffith

Gucci's creative director addressed the controversy over the brand's $890 sweater that was criticized last week for its resemblance to blackface, saying the racist imagery it evoked caused him the "greatest grief."

In a letter to employees, Alessandro Michele said racism was not the intention behind the balaclava sweater — which featured a pull-up neck and bright red lips as a cutout for the mouth.

"The fact that, contrarily to my intentions, that turtle-neck jumper evoked a racist imagery causes me the greatest grief," he said in the letter to Gucci's 18,000 employees, first reported by the website Women's Wear Daily. "But I am aware that sometimes, our actions can end up with causing unintentional effects. It is therefore necessary taking full accountability for these effects."

Michele said the design was a tribute to Leigh Bowery, an Australian performance artist, club promoter and fashion designer known for his flamboyant makeup and costumes.
Image: An online fashion outlet showing a Gucci turtleneck black wool balaclava sweater for sale, that they recently pulled from its online and physical stores
An online fashion outlet showing a Gucci turtleneck black wool balaclava sweater for sale, that they recently pulled from its online and physical stores.AP

"It’s important for me to let you know that the jumper actually had very specific references, completely different from what was ascribed instead," Michele said. "It was a tribute to Leigh Bowery, to his camouflage art, to his ability to challenge the bourgeois conventions and conformism, to his eccentricity as a performer, to his extraordinary vocation to masquerade meant as a hymn to freedom."

NBC News reached out to Gucci for comment on the email but did not immediately hear back.

Last week, the fashion house removed the sweater from its stores and website after social media users denounced it as resembling blackface.

"It’s important for me to let you know that the jumper actually had very specific references, completely different from what was ascribed instead," Michele said. "It was a tribute to Leigh Bowery, to his camouflage art, to his ability to challenge the bourgeois conventions and conformism, to his eccentricity as a performer, to his extraordinary vocation to masquerade meant as a hymn to freedom."

NBC News reached out to Gucci for comment on the email but did not immediately hear back.

Last week, the fashion house removed the sweater from its stores and website after social media users denounced it as resembling blackface.

The Italian luxury brand also released a statement last week that said: "We are fully committed to increasing diversity throughout our organization and turning this incident into a powerful learning moment for the Gucci team and beyond.".

Feb. 13, 2019, 6:21 PM EST
By Janelle Griffith

Gucci's creative director addressed the controversy over the brand's $890 sweater that was criticized last week for its resemblance to blackface, saying the racist imagery it evoked caused him the "greatest grief."

In a letter to employees, Alessandro Michele said racism was not the intention behind the balaclava sweater — which featured a pull-up neck and bright red lips as a cutout for the mouth.

"The fact that, contrarily to my intentions, that turtle-neck jumper evoked a racist imagery causes me the greatest grief," he said in the letter to Gucci's 18,000 employees, first reported by the website Women's Wear Daily. "But I am aware that sometimes, our actions can end up with causing unintentional effects. It is therefore necessary taking full accountability for these effects."

Michele said the design was a tribute to Leigh Bowery, an Australian performance artist, club promoter and fashion designer known for his flamboyant makeup and costumes.
Image: An online fashion outlet showing a Gucci turtleneck black wool balaclava sweater for sale, that they recently pulled from its online and physical stores
An online fashion outlet showing a Gucci turtleneck black wool balaclava sweater for sale, that they recently pulled from its online and physical stores.AP

Recommended
politics
California, N.Y. and other states sue Trump over national emergency to fund border wall
politics
Japan nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize after White House asked, newspaper reports

The criticism came at a time when old photos of politicians in blackface have gained national attention.

The Italian luxury brand also released a statement last week that said: "We are fully committed to increasing diversity throughout our organization and turning this incident into a powerful learning moment for the Gucci team and beyond."

Some celebrities who sport Gucci clothing, including Spike Lee and rapper T.I. called for a boycott of the brand.

Lee was among those who responded last week to Gucci's apology by imploring it and Prada to employ more black people who would be "in the room when" design decisions are made. Prada came under fire in December for a similar episode and apologized.

Gucci design collaborator Daniel "Dapper Dan" Day also condemned the label over the design.

In a statement posted to his official social media accounts, Dan said the chief executive officer of Gucci agreed to come from Italy to Harlem this week to meet with him, members of the community and industry leaders.

"There cannot be inclusivity without accountability," Day said. "I will hold everyone accountable."

In its letter this week to employees, Gucci appears to have taken notice.

"We are putting in place a series of immediate actions across the world that will increase inclusivity, diversity, participation and cultural awareness at any level and in any workplace," Michele said in his email. "We are truly committed in facing what happened as a crucial learning moment for everybody."
Janelle Griffith

Janelle Griffith is a breaking news reporter for NBC News.

Idiot fashionistas

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com