EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Black Sephardic Jews -- Presented by Tazarah

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Sephardic Jews -- Presented by Tazarah
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ON DANTE FORTSON'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Check out Dante Fortson's website: www.blackhistoryinthebible.com

The 4 hour and 30 minute presentation includes a multitude of scholarly sources demonstrating the historical documentation and existence of Black Sephardic Jews and also includes information about their history and modern descendants.

The presentation consists of 3 parts:

PART 1: Ancient Jews, Early Century Jews, and Native Jews Were Known to be Black

PART 2: Black Sephardic Jews in Spain, Portugal and Other Locations

PART 3: Black Sephardic Jews in West Africa... and America

*** The presentation is split into 2 videos -- the first video shows all of Part 1 and half of Part 2, and the second video shows the second half of Part 2 and all of part 3.

-

https://youtu.be/khlRAR3ecV0

-

https://youtu.be/T3pjYT69Sio

Posts: 2493 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ what book is that image from, the version that has the caption "Loango Coast Negroes, including Mavumbu Jew"?

Also in your view were Loango Jews Sephardic?

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name of the book and page number is on the image. Historical sources say that Loango is one of the West African locations that portuguese Jews were expelled to at the end of the 15th century. Historical sources also say that roman catholic missionaries found black Jews in Loango during the 16th and 17th centuries, and that the Jews in Loango are descendants of the expelled Jews. All of this was covered in the presentation.
Posts: 2493 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
The name of the book and page number is on the image.

yes but that image says "From Ratzel, History of Mankind", keyword: "from"
but History of mankind does not have the caption>
"Loango Coast Negroes, including Mavumbu Jew"?
So the image seems to be from a different source.
Do you know what it is?

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Member # 23365

-

https://archive.org/details/the-lost-tribes-a-myth-suggestions-towards-rewriting-hebrew-history

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
The name of the book and page number is on the image. Historical sources say that Loango is one of the West African locations that portuguese Jews were expelled to at the end of the 15th century. Historical sources also say that roman catholic missionaries found black Jews in Loango during the 16th and 17th centuries, and that the Jews in Loango are descendants of the expelled Jews. All of this was covered in the presentation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Portugal

History of the Jews in Portugal

Portugal was the destination of most Jews who chose to leave Spain after their expulsion in 1492. Around 100,000 Jews had decided to move to the neighboring Kingdom of Portugal, a minor Jewish population was already residing in Portugal

In December 1496, King Manuel I decreed that all Jews and Muslims in Portugal had until October 1497 to either be baptized or leave the country. In this way, many Jews were expelled, while others were integrated into Portuguese society (converted to Christianity)

https://www.encyclopedia.com/history/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/jews-expulsion-spain-portugal

JEWS, EXPULSION OF (SPAIN; PORTUGAL).

Exact numbers of those who stayed and those who left are difficult to ascertain, but Henry Kamen estimates that there were no more than 70,000 Jews in Castile (about 1.6 percent of the population) and no more than 10,000 Jews in Aragon (about 1.2 percent of the population). Of those, the best evidence suggests that most converted rather than emigrated. Over ten thousand Jews left via the Mediterranean coast in 1492–1493 (including Aragonese and Castilian Jews), and possibly as many as forty to fifty thousand left overall, traveling west to Portugal and north to Navarre, as well as south to Africa, east to Italy and—over time—to Ottoman territory in the eastern Mediterranean. Yet even the figure of fifty thousand may well be high, since many of those who left in 1492 had returned and converted by 1499. Isabella and Ferdinand encouraged conversion and return, promising in a decree that houses, property, and goods would be returned to their former owners for the price for which they were sold. Enforcement of this decree was inconsistent, but, nonetheless, evidence from many sources suggests that many exiles returned, particularly after Portugal and Navarre expelled or converted their Jewish populations, too.

Do you consider in this time period that both Spanish and Portuguese Jews were Black ("Black" as in resembling African Americans of that picture of Loango people, the vast majority with afro type hair but not looking like darker skinned Palestinians or dark modern Turks etc)
or were the Black Jews part of a population of Jews in these places that also included non-Black Jews?

Tazarah
Member # 23365

In the presentation I demonstrate with historical sources that there were at least two races of Jews from Spain/Portugal. The black Jews, as well as white or european jewish people. I also demonstrate with historical sources that the two did not have the same fate or history, and that the Inquisiton affected them differently.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

-
https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_History_of_Mankind/m9QKAAAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&kptab=getbook&bsq=loango

Tazarah
Member # 23365

I provide a source at the 1:27:57 mark of the second video that confirms the Loango Jews were not descendants of white jewish men.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3pjYT69Sio&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Notice the page you posted says "POSSIBLE" derivation from the population of european jewish men + native black women.

These black Jews in Loango were found as early as the 16th century. If you think that a group of white jewish men who went to west africa at the end of the 15th century created an entire new race of black Jews, and in that short of a time period, then you truly are an idiot.

I also provided historidal documentation of black sephardic Jews in Spain/Portugal, not just west africa. So they were always Jews, and they were always black.

Long story short -- I've done the research, you haven't.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I provide a source at the 1:27:57 mark of the second video that confirms the Loango Jews were not descendants of white jewish men.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3pjYT69Sio&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Notice the page you posted says "POSSIBLE" derivation from the population of european jewish men + native black women.

These black Jews in Loango were found as early as the 16th century. If you think that a group of white jewish men who went to west africa at the end of the 15th century created an entire new race of black Jews, and in that short of a time period, then you truly are an idiot.

I also provided historidal documentation of black sephardic Jews in Spain/Portugal, not just west africa. So they were always Jews, and they were always black.

Long story short -- I've done the research, you haven't.

quote:
In the presentation I demonstrate with historical sources that there were at least two races of Jews from Spain/Portugal. The black Jews, as well as white or european jewish people. I also demonstrate with historical sources that the two did not have the same fate or history, and that the Inquisiton affected them differently.

-

how would you classify them?

I put all the text in Godbeys' books about Mavumbo
to go along with the picture for context as to why he captioned it that way

I'm not making any statements here, just asking questions.

Tazarah
Member # 23365

^ I would classify them as yemeni jewish people, because that is what they are.

If you post information without adding context or without making a point, expect to be treated like a troll.

Instead of asking questions, watch the presentation if you are truly interested, and then ask questions afterward if your questions weren't answered in the presentation.

Wouldn't that be more rational/logical and wouldn't that make more sense?

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude on the left looks like a off brand Laurence Fishburn.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
https://www.academia.edu/37605541/Homelands_and_Diasporas_Perspectives_on_Jewish_Culture_in_the_Mediterranean_and_Beyond

Tazarah
Member # 23365

^ Why do you always post information without context and without making a point?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^ Why do you always post information without context and without making a point?

I'm adding context to what part of what you were discussing in the video
This is about people of Loango and discussion of Judaism in the region.

Here is a longer chapter on in in Parfitt's more rent book 'Hybrid Hate',
the chapter 4: The Loango Turn, starting on p 64 -
and also going beyond chapter 4, to 5 and some others
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Hybrid_Hate/Nz0HEAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=oldendorp+lizards++287+jews&pg=PA64&printsec=frontcover

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^ I would classify them as yemeni jewish people, because that is what they are.

If you post information without adding context or without making a point, expect to be treated like a troll.

Instead of asking questions, watch the presentation if you are truly interested, and then ask questions afterward if your questions weren't answered in the presentation.

Wouldn't that be more rational/logical and wouldn't that make more sense?

Most of it you already made posts about here but I did watch some of the video.
You spoke a lot about Portugal but did you mention
From Babylon To Timbuktu by Windsor? That vibe goes back to 1969 when the book came out, I think it should credited

I think Hebrew Israelites would like to hear some of your answers to this questions for clarity, not everything is covered by the video

-

1) Would it be right to assume that you think most Black Jews in Africa prior to the slave trade were descendants of Sephardic Jews
from Spain and Portugal?

2) If we are looking at the position of Africa and the areas close to Israel, Spain is not close so I would assume that lost tribes who left Israel would be established in places closer to Israel than Spain or West Africa. So what are some places
they may have settled in West Asia and the Mediterranean before getting to Spain and Portugal? Or did they go into North Africa before arriving in Spain and Portugal?

3) What would you say to somebody who believed that that lost tribes of Israelites were in Africa but if they said to you "you are too focused on Black Portuguese, there were a lot more Black Jews in West Africa far before Black Portuguese came in"

and what would you say to somebody who said >

4) "I agree there were far more Jews in Africa before the expulsions from Spain and Portugal
but the largest number were in Ethiopia"

and what would you say to somebody who said >

5) "I agree there were far more Jews in Africa before the expulsions from Spain and Portugal
and the largest number were in Ethiopia but there were also some in North Africa and after the expulsions some of them went all the way down to Sao Tome and around Angola but most went to Morocco and other places in North Africa if they didn't convert and remain in Europe"

6) Historians say many, probably more Jews stayed in Spain and Portugal and converted to Christianity (or pretended to and became "Crypto Jews)
Do you include Black Jews in this? That there were many who did not leave Spain and Portugal?

7) Do you and Dante believe Native Americans are descendants of the Lost Tribes?

8) what about the East African slave trade?
Africans were taken as slave from the east coast of Africa (the modern countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique and the island of Madagascar). They also came from the Savannah area (which includes countries such as Mali, Niger, Chad and Sudan) and the Horn of Africa (which covers Djibouti, Somalia and Ethiopia). Slaves were sold to merchants from North Africa and the Middle East.
Much of this was by way of ships along the Red Sea and to the Indian Ocean.
Does any of that qualify as fulfilling biblical prophesy?

Tazarah
Member # 23365

First of all, you are still asking questions about things that were dealt with in the presentation.

Secondly, you think you speak for Israelites? You, a white man who has been pretending to be a black woman and trolling this website for 10+ years, you think you speak for Israelites?

As pointed out at the very beginning of the presentation, the purpose was to establish the fact that Black Sephardic Jews existed.

I made a presentation dealing with a specific topic (Black Sephardic Jews), because I researched this specific topic and I researched it because most of the other topics you just mentioned have already had more research done into them.

When research is presented, do you always ask the presenter why they didn't research XYZ instead?

Why do you decide to troll Egypt Search all day and all year instead of other websites?

Why do you pretend to be a black woman when everybody knows you are a white man?

I also researched this topic specifically because pseudo trolls like you were trying to discredit the existence of Black Sephardic Jews, here is a thread I made on the topic half a year ago, where you can be seen trolling and attempting to discredit the existence of Black Sephardic Jews all throughout the thread:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000662;p=2

And I archived the thread too, just in case you try to go back and change any of the retarded comments you left:

Page 1: https://archive.vn/lPXuh
Page 2: https://archive.vn/mO8yR

So for you to have the nerve to ask such questions, when you yourself know that you were one of the idiots trying to discredit the existence of black Sephardic Jews, just goes to show what a deranged troll you are.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
So you think you speak for Israelites?

No, forget about who you think I am
I believe that many Hebrew Israelites would be interested and informed to hear your answers to that list of questions, please don't run, let's remain calm

Tazarah
Member # 23365

For anybody who is curious as to why "the lioness" is trolling this thread, check my last comment and go to the link of the thread I referenced.

Not only will you see "the lioness" trolling and trying to discredit the existence black Sephardic Jews, but on page 2 of that thread you will also see a multitude of screenshots from different egypt search users over the past 10 years all acknowledging the fact that "the lioness" is a trolling white man who has been pretending to be a black woman for over a decade.

Racist and unstable white people hate when information about black Jews is brought out, so this is the way they behave.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Taz that's bullshit, some other thread has nothing to do wit this one.
I posted nice presentations of your sources and had some reasonable questions but I see you want to just use the forum as a preaching platform with no questions asked, questions are "trolling".
It's disappointing you running like this.
Some other thread of the past, it has no relevance, stop being petty and holding grudges.
Tazaryach or Guerilla wouldn't care about all that, they would jump on those questions

Tazarah
Member # 23365

Tazaryach and Guerilla Hebrew would not waste their time talking to a deranged white man who has been trolling and pretending to be a black woman for the past 10 years.

Almost all of the questions you are asking were dealt with in the presentation, and the others do not deserve an answer due to the fact that you are trolling as usual.

That other thread is relevant because it proves what a seething lunatic you are and demonstrates your extensive history of trolling in regards to this particular topic.

You don't get to ask questions when you're a trolling white man who disguises himself as a black woman.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Let me explain to you what trolling is because he don't have a clue.
Trolling is when people make personal off topic remarks to try to start fights.
And so far you are by the one trying to take things to a personal level.
If you can't handle questions you should be doing a blog, not posting on a forum

Tazarah
Member # 23365

Literally everyone on this website agrees that "the lioness" is a hardcore troll with no life. It's not just me who says this. And it doesn't take a genius to see it.

There is also a large proportion of this website who agrees that "the lioness" is a white man who has been pretending to be a black woman on this website for the past 10+ years.

Check out this thread from 6 months ago to see "the lioness" trolling and trying to discredit the existence of Black Sephardic Jews on page 1, and check out page 2 of the thread to see screenshots of multiple users calling "the lioness" out for being a trolling white man who has pretended to be a black woman on this website for the past 10+ years.

* The bottom of page 1 also has a handful of screenshots that show a multitude of users calling "the lioness" out over the past 10 years for being a trolling white man with no life who has spent the last decade masquerading as a black woman on this website:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000662;p=2

Here is an archived version of that thread, just in case he (the lioness) tries to go back and edit/change the past comments he left in that thread:

Page 1: https://archive.vn/lPXuh
Page 2: https://archive.vn/mO8yR

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com