EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Early arrival for a Visa at Cairo Apt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early arrival for a Visa at Cairo Apt
Kiwi
Member # 678

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there
Can anyone let me know please whether the visa office at Cairo Airport is open early in the morning as I arrive in at 6:40am and don't want to pay the horrendous charges to get a visa issued before I leave home.
Cheers
Kim

Posts: 4 | From: Dunedin, NZ | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry. If there are planes landing from abroad, the visa offices will be open. Egypt isn't always the most organized country, but they have figured out that they need to be able to issue visa's when foreigners arrive.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baksheesh
Member # 267

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for baksheesh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need for a visa before you arrive. When you disembark the plane head towards the immigration counter but stop first at one of the bank kiosks to buy the visa stamps (about US$15). Lick n stick these in your passport and proceed to the so-called line. Don't forget to fill in the immigration card... don't worry about details of where you'll stay (I often put "taht kubri il-galaa" just for kicks) or phone numbers, they never check.
Posts: 150 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell us what that means Baksheesh?
Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ONYO
Member # 374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ONYO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It means "tips" in Egyptian...
are u really learning belly dancing? I could help u with that...

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ONYO
Member # 374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ONYO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh I thought u wanted to know what "baksheesh" means..hehehe, I guess u were referring to "taht kubri el galaa"..."kubri el galaa" is a bridge in cairo, so that meant that he lives right below that bridge...I can't believe that the immigration officers buy that, or it just proves that they don't bother to read it..lol

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all of your help everyone, it will save me quite a bit of money doing it that way. the countdown to September is on and I can't wait. I haven't been to Egypt since 1995 and have missed it heaps.
Thanks again.

Posts: 4 | From: Dunedin, NZ | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for translating 'under the bridge' for me Onyo.

Yes, I started to learn belly dancing 4 years ago but sadly, on my way to a class, I was involved in a minor road accident.

Many painkillers and hundreds of hours of physio later, I have now made 95% recovery and have taken a limp and a step and started back.
My mobility is limited. It's frustrating as I have such energy inside bursting to get out.
I've went a step down and joined a beginner's class, hopefully I will slowly regain my fitness and be back in full swing.

I've heard many great things of Fifi Abdou and Dina, I would love to see them in action should I return to Egypt. The belly dancers I have seen in Luxor have impressed me but to see the top dancers perform in Cairo is my dream.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ONYO
Member # 374

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ONYO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im glad that you're almost recovered and gone back to what u like to do...so any plans to take it professionally or is it just a passion like mine?
If u like, post your email so i can send u some pics of Dina "in action", which luckily arrived to me 2 days ago...she's a must see!

CheckThisOut
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckThisOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Moderated Forum
http://www.youregypt.com/forum/index.php

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com