EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » infomation about Hurghada and Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: infomation about Hurghada and Alexandria
*Ragga*
Member # 3027

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Ragga*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I am planing to travel to Egypt next April and be there for 2 month, and i was wondering couse i have been reading alot of your topics here (and they are a great great help so thank you all) but first i was thinking of going to Hurghada and after i have been reading about the playboys and the girls and knowing that ppl. are looking at you as an prostitute then i think i dont want to go there, couse i am not going to this trip to meet some men or clubbing alot and then it seems that Hurghada is not a place i should go to, but can somebody tell me if it is all like that in Hurghada and tell me dose many ppl. live there? and if it is better to just go to Alexandria, is there a nice beaches in Alex that is near the city? and is it safe for a girl to be in Alex alone? I would appreciative if someone could try to answear my questions. And maby tell me a little about Alex and Hurghada. Ragga.
Posts: 6 | From: Iceland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bedhead
Member # 2354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Monica! I couldn' thave said it better myself. Your description of Alex was beautiful. I am returning to Alexandria in November but you made me feel as if I was already therre! lol
If i may ask are you in Egypt now and what are your interest there?
Bedhead

Posts: 4 | From: hammond la usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,
It's incredible how you descriped Alexandria i can't wait this moment when i get there i wonder to see this city as soon as i can, mmmm.... so charming and beautiful and... E il mio sogno ora

Ragga,
I'm totaly agree with Monica concerning behaviour but don't charge Hurgada like you've read in this forum. It depends on you if you let it yourself so it will be like that... And nobody looks at you as an prostitute (i was amazed)..
I could recommend you also Sharm El-Sheikh - it's a very nice city, of couse it's a tourist city and you will not find there any historical monuments or places or something like that moreover it's new enough comparing with Hurgada but there are a lot of organized excursions. As for Red Sea - it's incredible, you can find there so many kinds of fish it's beautiful!!!!!! and there are very nice boat trips for the whole day, wow!!!!
i will not go far just one thing - Hurgada is the same as well as others tourist cities in the whole world and is not terrible at all

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamilah:
Monica,
It's incredible how you descriped Alexandria i can't wait this moment when i get there i wonder to see this city as soon as i can, mmmm.... so charming and beautiful and... E il mio sogno ora

Ragga,
I'm totaly agree with Monica concerning behaviour but don't charge Hurgada like you've read in this forum. It depends on you if you let it yourself so it will be like that... And nobody looks at you as an prostitute (i was amazed)..
I could recommend you also Sharm El-Sheikh - it's a very nice city, of couse it's a tourist city and you will not find there any historical monuments or places or something like that moreover it's new enough comparing with Hurgada but there are a lot of organized excursions. As for Red Sea - it's incredible, you can find there so many kinds of fish it's beautiful!!!!!! and there are very nice boat trips for the whole day, wow!!!!
i will not go far just one thing - Hurgada is the same as well as others tourist cities in the whole world and is not terrible at all

Jamilah, at last, someone speaks up! I was afraid to mention anything positive about the Red Sea as I thought I'd be kicked off this site ...

No seriously, I've been to the Red Sea (Sharm - Taba) and it is just like every other tourist destination on planet earth, just 10 000 times nicer! The people you will meet there will probably be a mixture of tourists, expats, and a couple of egyptian diving instructors. All very nice and sociable, last time I was there (with my dad who didn't want to go out in the evenings) people there took care of me as if i was their sister - AMAZING!

Enjoy your time there and do LOTS OF DIVING -the Red Sea is the nicest sea on earth (seen most of them)

just keep away from the hotels that cater mainly for italians - they play increadibly loud music at the pool all day (and you can hear it throughout the ENTIRE resort) and practice dance steps and aerobics to that ... not a very nice sight (sorry monica and other italians ...)

curageous jen

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by msjen:

Jamilah, at last, someone speaks up! I was afraid to mention anything positive about the Red Sea as I thought I'd be kicked off this site ...

No seriously, I've been to the Red Sea (Sharm - Taba) and it is just like every other tourist destination on planet earth, just 10 000 times nicer! The people you will meet there will probably be a mixture of tourists, expats, and a couple of egyptian diving instructors. All very nice and sociable, last time I was there (with my dad who didn't want to go out in the evenings) people there took care of me as if i was their sister - AMAZING!

Enjoy your time there and do LOTS OF DIVING -the Red Sea is the nicest sea on earth (seen most of them)

just keep away from the hotels that cater mainly for italians - they play increadibly loud music at the pool all day (and you can hear it throughout the ENTIRE resort) and practice dance steps and aerobics to that ... not a very nice sight (sorry monica and other italians ...)

curageous jen

Oh, yeah, i would say Red Sea is the best sea!!!!!!!! It's magnificent!!!!!! Diving there is super!!!!! By the way all divers from the whole world try to get there and they don't regret because it's something!!!!!!
I'm glad that i'm not alone in this forum who likes this resort

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

*Ragga*
Member # 3027

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Ragga*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Monica for your wonderful description of Alexandria But now if you dont mind i want to ask you about Al Agami you said it was your favorite and i saw that someone is advertising apartment there at Palm- Beach – Agami but can you tell me is Al Agami a town with shops, resturantes, bars, and ect.? and dose it take a long time to go down town of Alexandria frome there ? and is it possible by bus ? I would be very greatful if you could answear me again someday when you have time.
Thank you again,
Ragga.

Posts: 6 | From: Iceland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Ragga*
Member # 3027

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamilah:
[B] Oh, yeah, i would say Red Sea is the best sea!!!!!!!! It's magnificent!!!!!!

Thank you Jen and Jamilah for your replies

It is good to hear somthing positive about the red sea. And thanks for your recommendation about Sharm- El – Sheikh it was very useful :d

And Monica i am looking forward to read about what you say about Sharm

Thank you all again,
Ragga

P.s
I am sorry my english is not so good and i know my spelling is worse, hopefully it dose not bother you to much :d

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right Monica sweety ,I just pump in
I was saving the villa for you , but If Ragga can afford it why not.
but I 'll have to know her age with a recent photo just to fill the application , these are the new rules

[This message has been edited by freeman (edited 29 October 2003).]

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

*Ragga*
Member # 3027

Rate Member

Hi!! Monica and welcome back, hope you had a nice flyed frome Maraco It is amazing how well you can describe the places in Egypt and it makes me look so forward to go there. But it is one thing that you said that i dont understand why you said you said do not come to familiar with the ppl. that are in the shops or the shops owners why is that ? and about the night life i think i would not go alot to discos i prefer to go on a local bars that are more quiet
and have some Egypt music Egypt ppl. and maby they dance some Egypt dance or i hope they have place like that there. Now i am little bit confused wich place i should think of staying at ofcourse i would visit both and go to Cairo to, and my mother is thinking of comming with me and stay with me for 1 month so i would use that time of traveling a little, but though i need to have decided wich place i would be at couse i would be the last month alone, and Sharm is much smaller then Alex so i think it is easyer for me to be there, couse i am not ussed of being in a big city and i think i would feel like overwhelming somtimes in Alex and deffenetly in Cairo LOL . Do you know if it is possible to try to learn arabic for 1 month in Sharm or Alex ? i think that would be very fun And i am curious about you are you frome Egypt or have you just been there so often ?

Thank you again for you great description, i am very thankful to you.

Take care,
Ragga.

*Ragga*
Member # 3027

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by freeman:
right Monica sweety ,I just pump in
I was saving the villa for you , but If Ragga can afford it why not.
but I 'll have to know her age with a recent photo just to fill the application , these are the new rules

Thank you Freeman for the willing of thinking of renting me your villa But i understand why you are saving the villa for Monica i think she is a great person And probably i dont have afford of renting it, and i see the age metter to LOL wowww now i start to think am i to young or to old for it lol but if you are curious about my age then i am 28 years old :d but i think a villa could be to big for me too i would just be alone most of the time so i think appartment would be enough, and i am still thinking what place i should pick Alex or Sharm
but thank you,
take care,
Ragga

[This message has been edited by freeman (edited 29 October 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

miracle-peace
Member # 4820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miracle-peace   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks maybe you find that useful site for answering you www.islamtoday.com

Posts: 11 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CheckThisOut
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckThisOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Moderated Forum
http://www.youregypt.com/forum/index.php

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
storiestotell
Member # 4502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for storiestotell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you again all, from tomorrow i m going back to work and i take every day as it comes.Many thanks all off you
Posts: 58 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
storiestotell
Member # 4502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for storiestotell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry wrong subject
Posts: 58 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ragga,please dont be put off coming to Hurghada!!!
I've lived here 18 months now.... amd the only people being mistaken for prostitutes are the women who look and behave like prostitutes!!!
Remember Egypt is a muslim country... if you look respectable and behave respectably, nobody will think you are anything other than a tourist!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
peace be with u
try this web u will find picks for most important tourism places in Alex so u can know about http://soha.egypt.tripod.com
regards

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragga
Member # 5478

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ragga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia and egyptourguide !! thank you so much for the reply, but my message is so old and it was put up again by mistake I have alredy been in Egypt and staid there for 6 weeks and had so great time there and will deffenetly go there again, and now it is one of my favorits contry that i have visit.
Best wishes and greetings to both of you,
Ragga

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhh yep.... just looked at the date!!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com