EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Cairo map please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cairo map please
Cindy
Member # 3219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cindy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello

I am going to visit Cairo in February and I would like to develop my own plan for entertainment(museums and other places). Would you be so kind provide me with URL link to Cairo map in the internet(in English).

Thank you in advance, Cindy

Posts: 21 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this:
http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/cairo/index.html

Then, scroll down to maps, click...et voilà!
And you will also find plenty of valuable info on how to tour Cairo by yourself actually!

Enjoy,
Best regards
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Cindy:
Hello

I am going to visit Cairo in February and I would like to develop my own plan for entertainment(museums and other places). Would you be so kind provide me with URL link to Cairo map in the internet(in English).

Thank you in advance, Cindy

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 16 January 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cindy
Member # 3219

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cindy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Monica

PS: I have some more questions re Cairo and I will post them later. I really appreciate your help.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady_Fox
Member # 3191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady_Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am so happy to have this map also.

My boyfriend telling me that he is on his way backing home today. He is now on the plane. He promise to bring me come to Cairo this time (at end of Jan). I really hope this time will not be fail again....really hope the dream come true....

Miss all the people in this forum. You all very kind to me. I need to meet all of you one by one after I arrived Cairo. I will stay for over than 1 year. May be my half life. Can I stay for longer time, need any approval? or need to have visa for every 30 days....

Fox

Posts: 47 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While that isn't a bad map for looking at now to get some idea of the city, it is not a good map for printing out and trying to use to get around. Unfortunately, I haven't seen yet a decent map put on the web for Cairo. When you arrive, go to your hotel bookstore, or any other bookstore you find, and ask for Cairo A-Z. It is an accurate map book, and is readily available.

And FYI Cindy.... be aware that map reading is NOT a skill often taught to Egyptians. I mean, if you can actually find a taxi driver that can read a map, (and a map in English to boot), keep him....he will be a rare jewel to be found. The other problem with maps here is that none of them show what streets are one way, so if you are not on foot, getting from point A to point B can be confusing as soon as he has to vary from your planned route to stay on streets he can be on. The other thing they do here that makes it more confusing is that there are very few intersections where you can actually make a left hand turn. You have to go right, then do a U-turn down the road a bit.

One more thought on that map.... I found parts of it very misleading as to the distances between landmarks.
I wish A-Z would put their map on the web, but I guess that would limit book sales.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady_Fox
Member # 3191

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Lady_Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend lie me again....he haven't get on the plane.

Fox

Posts: 47 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean he could'nt make it again? or he LIED for real?
Is it time to move on, and find a new boyfriend maybe?

What about giving yourself a timeline, if he doesn't show up by.. let's say March ..or April, or any date you choose, then it's Ciao Ciao...Adios, Arrivederci, Salam Salam??? Can't wait for someone forever right?

Best wishes always,

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Fox:

Fox

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Fox:

Fox

Fox,

Stop torturing yourself! Why don’t you just hope on a plane a come to Cairo and check things out for yourself. Contact the nearest Egyptian Consulate and see if you need a visa. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs ( www.mfa.gov.eg ) web site you do not need a visa prior to coming to Egypt, you can get it at the air port. However the information on Egypt’s MFA’s web site could be outdated. In short this is what it states.

Egyptian Visa Regulations
Non-Egyptian visitors arriving in Egypt are required to be in possession of a valid passport. Entry visas may be obtained from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions Abroad or from the Entry Visa Department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA). It is, however, possible for most tourists and visitors to obtain an entry visa at any of the Major Ports of Entry. Please check with the nearest Egyptian Consulate for specific details and regulations relevant to your nationality.
Visitors entering Egypt at the overland border post to Taba to visit Gulf of Aqaba coast and St. Catherine can be exempted from visa and granted a free residence permit for fourteen days to visit the area.

Citizens of the following countries are required to be in possession of a pre-arrival visa: Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chechnya, Croatia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kirghizia, Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldavia, Morocco, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Sri-Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and all African countries.

CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF

EMBASSY
HEAD OF MISSION Ambassador Aly Houssam El-Din El-Hefny
ADDRESS NO. 2, RI TAN DONG LU, BEIJING
CITY BEIJING
TEL (8610)65321825 – 65322541
FAX (8610)65325365
Web Site http://www.embassy.org.cn/eg/

CONSULATE GENERAL
HEAD OF MISSION Consul General Abdel Fattah Ezzedin
ADDRESS QIHUA BUILDING 1375 HUAI ZHONG ROAD. 200031
CITY SHANGHAI
TEL (008621)64331020 - 64330622 - 64330502
FAX (008621)- 64330049
E_MAIL egyconsh@sh163b.sta.net.cn

CONSULATE GENERAL
HEAD OF MISSION Consul General Ali Galal Bassiouny
ADDRESS suite 2201 ,SINO PLAZA, 255 GLOUCESTER Road, CAUSEWAYBAY, HONG KONG
CITY HONG KONG
TEL (852)28270668 / 28270952
FAX (852)28272100
TELEX 73030 ZAFAR HX
E_MAIL Egyptcg@netvigator.com

Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since China went tough on the Middle East, Egypt has gone tough on China. She would be wise to get her tourist visa in advance. The Chinese without a visa will be interogated at the airport.... for as little as 10 minutes, or as long as 5 hours. Some will be put back on the plane and sent home.

I tried to get a Meet and Assist man to meet a Chinese woman at the airport not long ago. His company refused the work, not knowing if it could be a 5 hour interrogation or not. Their fee obviously does not include helping with something like that.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com