EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » ILI v. Languages Abroad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ILI v. Languages Abroad
Shwerzl
Member # 3516

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Shwerzl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to drag up the subject of language schools again, but I'm in need of some direct feedback from anyone who knows of either the International Language Institute and Languages Abroad programmes in Cairo, and who could give me some idea of their comparative quality... Any help would be appreciated.
Posts: 1 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of Languages Abroad, but ILI is pretty good, and the price is right. I took my lessons there a couple years ago.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsem
Member # 3428

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I am an Arabic teacher in the ILI (Heliopolis). Actually it is a good place to learn the languyage. However, regardless of the place in which you learn any language, the need and the self-drive of the learners make the whole difference. Furthermore, it is essential to learn the language by native speaking Arabic teachers whether in Egypt or abroad.

Good luck
Sami

Posts: 33 | From: Cairo - Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsem:
However, regardless of the place in which you learn any language, the need and the self-drive of the learners make the whole difference.

Absolutely!! My drive went down the toilet when we started into verb conjucations, and my need was never quite strong enough to force me to continue. It wasn't ILI's fault, unless I can blame them for the whole structure of the Arabic language. LOL

Monica and Man_Kind are doing their best to get me motovated again! Thanks guys.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyty
Member # 3021

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pyty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi SemSem (Sami) and anybody else who knows about this subject

I read your post which says that you are a teacher at the ILI but is that what u wrote in Heliopolis? Because I always thought the ILI has only one school and it's in Gizeh? Or are we talking about 2 different things now? I'm asking you this because when I finish university here (in Holland) I would love to go to Egypt and learn Arabic, but I will probably be staying in Nasr City (my family in law lives there) So it would probably be easier if I find a school near or in Nasr City. But I've heard some good things about the ILI so that was my first choice...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pyty

Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyty
Member # 3021

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pyty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi SemSem (Sami) and anybody else who knows about this subject

I read your post which says that you are a teacher at the ILI but is that what u wrote in Heliopolis? Because I always thought the ILI has only one school and it's in Gizeh? Or are we talking about 2 different things now? I'm asking you this because when I finish university here (in Holland) I would love to go to Egypt and learn Arabic, but I will probably be staying in Nasr City (my family in law lives there) So it would probably be easier if I find a school near or in Nasr City. But I've heard some good things about the ILI so that was my first choice...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pyty

Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ILI has one of it's branches in Heliopolis. That isn't too far from Nasr City.
Pyty
Member # 3021

Rate Member
HI Debbie!

I didn't know about that! And I couldn't find anything on the site! Do you have some more information for me? (addresse or something?)
Thank you in advance!

Pyty

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
International Language Institute, 2 Mohamed Bayoumi St., off Merghany St., Heliopolis, Cairo; ili@idsc.net.eg. Offers RSA/Cambridge Certificate course seven times a year.

I got this from going to google and typing in International Language Institute Heliopolis, and then hitting I Fell Lucky. If you were to hit Google Search, you might get more.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com