EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Nile Cruises???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nile Cruises???
Aussie
Member # 3573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok final topic. Can i go from Aswan straight to Luxor without stopping on a Fallucca in one day/ or night?

I wanna go down to Aswan (Dam and Philai) and ofcourse def wanna see Luxor - is it worth stopping along the way anywhere?

How much would it cost to go from Aswan to Luxor and how long?

Vielen Dank.

------------------
What are the must-see's of Egypt??

Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have your heart set on doing it all in a felouka? You know there are no bathrooms on a felouka, right? It's roughing it all the way...which is fine for some people, so long as you know.

I'm not real sure how long it takes from Aswan to Luxor (going with the river -it's faster) but it would have to be 2 or 3 days I think. And, yes, there are some good temples to stop and see along the way. Kom Ombo and Edfu for sure. They may let you out at Esna and make you take a microbus on into Luxor from there rather than negotiate the locks. I really don't know.... surely someone here is a backpacker and can answer these questions. If not, go to the Lonely Planet site and ask the question on the Thorn Tree under Africa. There are mostly backpacker types looking at that site.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samirasunshine
Member # 3523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samirasunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Aussie

Debbie is right in what she is saying, Felucca would be roughing it and could take ages depending on the wind strength.

You can either got to Aswan from Luxor by Cruise which is about three days. You would usually stop at Esna, Edfu and then on to Aswan where you can see the Philae Temple, Botanical gardens and the Dam etc. The Nubian Museum is definately worth a visit by the way as is the market which I think is fantastic. You could then get the first class train back to Luxor which takes about three hours. The trains are really nice and comfortable .
If you are not really bothered about the sites between Luxor and Aswan you could simple take a train from Luxor-Aswan and then back to Aswan again.

Take Care

Posts: 9 | From: Luxor | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aussie
Member # 3573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so whats the other option instead of a Felluca? As cruise ship? How much are they and surely they are a bit 'touristy'...

and on a cruise ship can you go the other way: Aswan - Luxor?

Thanks.

------------------
What are the must-see's of Egypt??

Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com