EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Finding job in Sharm????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finding job in Sharm????
sazzalien
Member # 3621

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for sazzalien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me.

i am hoping to go to sharm in the summer for 3 months and i want to find a job, but dont know it is going to be hard because i am a 18 years old and female!??the sort of job i want is bar work or waitressing!

also is it ok finding accommodation???

thanx s*

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget it..... you need a work permit.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sazzalien
Member # 3621

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for sazzalien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how hard is it to get a work permit?

does it take a long time?

can i apply for one before i go?

what about if i do get a work permit...will i easily find a job??

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very hard to get a work permit. It takes ages for approval. You get a work permit FROM the bar that you will work for.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
work permit? LOL

the only foreigners i know with a work permit are ones that come with big contract/govt & world agencies.

you don't need a work permit to work in a bar in a resort but you will probably have a hard time finding a job, as you will be competing with many other foreigners/egyptians. your only advantage is that you're a girl (there are not many egyptian women working in sharm).

try to find seasonal employment with a tour group/charter group from your own country that specializes in tours in sharm. that's your best bet i think

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR the great
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR the great   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u can work without a work permit, but with a less money.
some people i know do that but i think not more than 6 months also u must keep away from police.lol.

Posts: 97 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertity
Member # 628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi sazzalien

I've been working before in sharm several times. Diving Center, Counter, Office....

All this without work-permit and the normal european-salary.

But off course more better, to get a job with work-permission.

About 70% of the europeans in sharm working black, it's an unspoken secret for the goverment, so they don't care this much.

As my experience it's not soooo hard to find a job now, special not int his time now (highseason near), contact for expl. the hardrockcafe in sharm. or sinaidivers in sharm. They are always looking for staff....
or check: www.resortjobs.com
Or just contact the hotels direct: www.touregypt.com

Wish you good luck! I'm going back also soon, and this time with work-permission.-))

Take care

Posts: 80 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Strah
Member # 3639

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Strah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you help me find a job in Sharm as animator, swimming instructor, etc. without work-permit. I'll very grateful for any real help or advice.
Posts: 1 | From: Ukraine | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com