EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Thomson flying from Birmingham to Luxor?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thomson flying from Birmingham to Luxor?
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FAO Shareen and other Brits

I was browsing a holiday website
www.internetholidays.com

and looking at winter trips to Egypt.

For 17 November, there are 3 flights, Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham flying to Luxor.

Is this Birmingham flight new and is it direct or does it connect to one of the MAN or LGW flights?

I've clicked through the website to find out flight times of all airports but it crashes.

I didn't think tourist business to Luxor was so good that another flight would be put on.

I don't even know where Birmingham is, all I can point out on a map of England is Blackpool, Manchester and Plymouth.
(don't ask me about my country, Scotland, can barely point out Glasgow).

As it is, I'm happy to doss stretched across the chairs of upper level of Arrivals at T2 in Manchester waiting for my flight.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew about the Birmingham flight, and it does appear to be a new one, but I dont know when it starts running. It doesnt seem to be operational at the moment. My friend and I are taking a cruise for New Year, and we were offered the Birmingham flight, but Portland Direct arent offering it yet, even though they are Thomson.
Thomas Cook also fly out of Birmingham on a Wednesday, but their holidays are really expensive.
As for extra flights, it seems the Thomson flights on a Wednesday are now being used by at least one other tour company (Libra), and if you check out flights at the moment, there isnt a flight to be had until the 17 March. So maybe there is a demand for an extra flight.
Oh, and Birmingham is West Midlands, and second city in England, size wise, after London! Lol Wise Woman, its a huge city, bang in the middle of the country!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Birmingham East Midlands flight has been on the cards for the past few years. I dont think it will happen. If you book it in advance and the dont fill it then maybe you will be transferred to MAN or GAt anyway.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmetallica
Member # 1872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmetallica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:
Birmingham East Midlands flight has been on the cards for the past few years. I dont think it will happen. If you book it in advance and the dont fill it then maybe you will be transferred to MAN or GAt anyway.

Guys i am glade i saw those infos from you.am Egyptian but living in The UK in London..

what is your advise for me if i want to get a real cheap flight to Egypt.Brimmingham is a bite far for me.there is no flight from Luton or Stranserd or some where else?

Thank youin advance.

Posts: 46 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There dont seem to be any real cheap flights anymore Metallica...
Where do you want to fly to? Cairo is normally from Heathrow, and Luxor from Gatwick and Manchester. Hope that helps

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt Air Heathrow - Luxor on mondays 268 sterling.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever thought of flying Scheduled to Egypt. The Lufthansa service from the UK to Cairo is excelent. it goes from lots of UK regional airports via Frankfurt. it runs every day. The standard of service is wonderful, compared to the average Monarch flight its from another world . We book with Trailfinders ( www.trailfinders.com )at around £250 per person is difficult to better. We understand that Cyprus Air has some very good deals on flights to Cairo (under £200)but have never been able to fit in with there schedule.
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmetallica
Member # 1872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmetallica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all ..that was excllent. But i manged to find a good deal from KLM it was 220 from heathrow airport which i belive this is the best i cant get by now.
but really there are no cheap flights any more guys. why? i used to hear deals start from 170 like Olampus airlines.

cheers

Posts: 46 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In our experience, hearing about the price of flights and actually buying them are two different things. If you paid 220 with KLM and you are happy with the price then thats all that matters. Enjoy your Holiday.
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel such an anorak asking boring questions about flights but here is another one -

Thomson use Britannia and fly Wednesdays to Luxor.

Cosmos, Hayes and Jarvis and a few others fly out on Mondays to Luxor.

With Monarch or Air2000?
I looked at both sites but when searching to do booking I can't seem to book a flight to Luxor.

Was planning to fly out one way on Wednesday with Britannia and stay 5 nights in Luxor if I could buy a single flight on the Monday flying back with whoever Cosmos use.

My friend has wanted to come with me to Egypt for years and we want to do it before June when it will be too hot for her and 5 nights would be better as it's her first time abroad and might not like it. (come on, it's Egypt, how could you possible not like anything?).

Any ideas if this can be done?

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com