EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Sex tourists, who qualifies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex tourists, who qualifies?
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was here in ES that I first read the term "sex tourist". We have endless threads about intercultural relationships started on vacations.
Obviously, someone who goes on vacation with the intention of finding someone(s) to have sex with would qualify as a "sex tourist".
But are there other definitions? Where does one draw the line?
To me, it seems that the bottom line is intentions.
What do you think?

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I guess you are right that it is a person who goes with a particular intention on vacation - and this over and over again.

But don't you think we somehow overtalked this subject already?

To talk about "sex tourists" and "who qualifies" is really a waste of time here .....

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 12 March 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 12 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Tigerlily,
You're right, as usual. Talking endlessly about such things is a waste of time.
BTW, do YOU qualify?

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inforequest
Member # 1881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for inforequest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Im British journalist based in Cairo. In luxor at the moment and read with interest the posts on the place. Basically, thinking about working on an article on tourist guys trying to get money out of women through a relationship. Also, wondering if there are women out there that come to Luxor to find Egyptian "husbands". I hear this is common. I have seen glimpses of all this but not really a clear picture. I am staying on the east bank, venus hotel, for a couple of days. Any help is appreciated. I can be contacted on aaaamil@hotmail.com. i will probably leave in next couple of days so any quick responses will be much appreciated. specially keen to hear from people who have been based here for a while.

I have a feeling that younger Luxor guys marrying older foreign women or "courting" multiple women has more to do with the country's bad economic situation than just pure raging hormones.

any comments very welcome and easier to send to email as i don't check this site much.

Posts: 3 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoroo
Member # 3981

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for cairoroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch, Artemi!
Use your nice words!

Posts: 12 | From: Spokane Washington USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
black angel
Member # 3515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for black angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemi:
It was here in ES that I first read the term "sex tourist". We have endless threads about intercultural relationships started on vacations.
Obviously, someone who goes on vacation with the intention of finding someone(s) to have sex with would qualify as a "sex tourist".
What do you think?

Posts: 33 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
black angel
Member # 3515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for black angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemi:
What do you think?

I know very well sharm el sheihk,I know that there are much egyptian boys that every day change girl,russian,italy,german...they promise at those girls big love,they ask at girls money,mobile,and these girls believe in this but after they discover that this whole promised love and' only an interest of money.....I have known so many girls that were been taken by this deception,you/they have suffered a lot because' they believed that the their Egyptian lles loved.
I don't believe that so many girls go to egitto for sex but the Egyptian boys are of the good enchanters and every day someone stays in their net believing to have found a great love but and' only a deception.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Italy very well!
Beautiful country...Roma, Milano, Firenze, gorgeous cities!
The men there around the 'Piazzas'....charming and enchanting words flowing...like: Che bambola! Bella donna! Amore mio!...Ti voglio bene da morire!...Sei la mia vita!!!

woooow heavy...

Now, how come that I did not 'fall' into their trap??? A little wave of the hand meaning 'Buh bye whoever you are' did it everytime! It must be a miracle!

Monica
(I'm Egyptian by the way)

quote:
Originally posted by black angel:
I know very well sharm el sheihk,I know that there are much egyptian boys that every day change girl,russian,italy,german...they promise at those girls big love,they ask at girls money,mobile,and these girls believe in this but after they discover that this whole promised love and' only an interest of money.....I have known so many girls that were been taken by this deception,you/they have suffered a lot because' they believed that the their Egyptian lles loved.
I don't believe that so many girls go to egitto for sex but the Egyptian boys are of the good enchanters and every day someone stays in their net believing to have found a great love but and' only a deception.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say, as bad as the Italian men might have been to you, when I was there, I didn't find them to be ANYWHERE near as bad as the Egyptians in Hurghada, Luxor and Sharm. Maybe they are pickier than the Egyptians, or I wasn't their style, but in my experience from traveling (although admittedly it is very limited) Egyptians still take the prize for being the most agressive in this manner.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
I gotta say, as bad as the Italian men might have been to you, when I was there, I didn't find them to be ANYWHERE near as bad as the Egyptians in Hurghada, Luxor and Sharm. Maybe they are pickier than the Egyptians, or I wasn't their style, but in my experience from traveling (although admittedly it is very limited) Egyptians still take the prize for being the most agressive in this manner.

-----------------------

Although I can not say if the guys in Sharm are worse than the Italians or the Latinos, as I had never been harassed in Sharm!!!!!. Yet I have to agree with Monica “A little wave of the hand meaning 'Buh bye whoever you are' did it every time! It must be a miracle!”

Things could only progress if we want /allow them to. Yes, it is the right of everyone to have a peaceful vacation with no hassling, but if it happened, then we should have the brains not to encourage or aggravate it.

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that even if sex tourism happen from time to time in Egypt, still it is not that phenomenal.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com