EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » I want to learn how to bellydance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to learn how to bellydance
egyptian_aussie
Member # 3698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am coming to Egypt for 4 months in July and i would really like to learn how to bellydance properly (fore personal not business reasons!).

Can anyone direct me to some sort of dance school and give me a rough indication of costs?

Thanks

Posts: 6 | From: Sydeny,NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonissan
Member # 3041

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonissan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contact me at jonissan@hotmail.com
Posts: 16 | From: Egypt, alexandria | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya!
Belly-dancing is wonderful, I myself do belly dancing. One thing to remember is to do as the music says. Let your body flow with the music, you can't go far wrong from that. And make sure you have the proper outfit. You might not think that a tinkly belt and a glittery bra make much difference to a performance, but they do. They make you feel like a belly dancer, not just some-one belly dancing. If you know what I mean. Good luck, and enjoy your dancing!!
P.S. It is wonderful for your stomach. Dance your way to a flat, toned stomach!!

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChilliSnail
Member # 3757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChilliSnail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A flat toned stomach ? That made me sit up and take notice. Fag in one hand and a slice of pizza in the other. Sign me up.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rafa_Moreno
Member # 3855

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rafa_Moreno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to also, it seems fun.
Posts: 2 | From: Los Angeles, Ca | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there

simply 2 things u should have to belly dance :

1. to have a belly :d
2. to dance

simple

cheers

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there

simply 2 things u should have to belly dance :

1. to have a belly :d
2. to dance and shake shake the boom

simple

cheers

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya!!
As EgyptianDoc77 said, those things are important. One of the key ideas of belly dancing is to isolate parts of your body. You need to be able to isolate the hips from the ribs and shoulders. For example, you should be able to rotate your hips and keep your shoulders perfectly still (as a beginnig exercise) and rotate rib cage and keep hips still. There is also quite a complicated (I found it compilated anyway) move called the belly roll (probably ok, if you are of the larger size). Afer several weeks of strengthening the pelvic floor muscles and upper stomach muscles (near the diagphram) I was able to do it. To strengthen the upper stomach muscles, just tighten them as you do when you want to fit into those small, small jeans! Hope this has been some help!!

[This message has been edited by GiggleGirl (edited 21 March 2004).]

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
One thing, what would be the average Egyptian's reaction to a (white) British woman belly dancing??
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiggleGirl:
Heya!!
As EgyptianDoc77 said, those things are important. One of the key ideas of belly dancing is to isolate parts of your body. You need to be able to isolate the hips from the ribs and shoulders. For example, you should be able to rotate your hips and keep your shoulders perfectly still (as a beginnig exercise) and rotate rib cage and keep hips still. There is also quite a complicated (I found it compilated anyway) move called the belly roll (probably ok, if you are of the larger size). Afer several weeks of strengthening the pelvic floor muscles and upper stomach muscles (near the diagphram) I was able to do it. To strengthen the upper stomach muscles, just tighten them as you do when you want to fit into those small, small jeans! Hope this has been some help!!

[This message has been edited by GiggleGirl (edited 21 March 2004).]

heya

what an anatomical trace of how belly dancing should be ur sure ur no doctor??? lets talk about pelvic floor muscle anatomy then , origin and insertions of those muscles and the surface anatomy of the belly ...looooooooooooooool

P.S : Giggly ur good, keep the good work up and cheer up

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

egyptian_aussie
Member # 3698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the bellydancing instructions!

Maybe i should clarify that i am an Egyptian! And i DO know how to bellydance... very badly i'm afraid.. hence the search for a bellydance school.. I am coming to egypt for 4 months to visit my relatives and thought i could get some exercise as well as learn some new moves

I am not interested in performing in public.. nor wearing a bellydance outfit

There are bellydancing schools here but i would rather be taught by an egyptian!

Thanks

Posts: 6 | From: Sydeny,NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:

heya

what an anatomical trace of how belly dancing should be ur sure ur no doctor??? lets talk about pelvic floor muscle anatomy then , origin and insertions of those muscles and the surface anatomy of the belly ...looooooooooooooool

P.S : Giggly ur good, keep the good work up and cheer up

I have cheered up thanks EgyptianDoc77 - I am a happy lass you see! LOL. I can't help getting scientific in my explainations, but I'm not a doctor. I could never be a medical doctor...I don't like blood, it make me feel quite sick. lol...this 'strong woman' is scared of blood, quite funny really! As for egyptian_aussi, I can understand you wanting to have lesson, private lessons on a one-to-one basis are best. However, i cannot understand you not wanting to wear the stunnig outfit! I love it, it gives such self confidence, I believe that halfway to getting to be a good belly dancer is to feel confident in yourself. The way to feel confident in yourself is to make yourself feel sexy. I don't know if it would work for you, but that outfit definately makes me feel sexy!!.

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiggleGirl.. i believe u don't need any lessons for belly dancing..from ur words, u covered the scientific , psychological, and emotional sides, so what do u expect a teacher can teach u? just a practice? u siad u r not a doc..i believe u r more than that in dancing .. did u have ur MA yet? .. hahaha..
pl have a mercy on poor Egyptian youth .. not only stunning outfit that would make u seem sexy... ur love to that practice would be enough to do

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One thing, what would be the average Egyptian's reaction to a (white) British woman belly dancing??

GiggleGirl, there must be an act in order to have a react so we have to see first and then u can see our reactions

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by wacobaco:
GiggleGirl.. i believe u don't need any lessons for belly dancing..from ur words, u covered the scientific , psychological, and emotional sides, so what do u expect a teacher can teach u? just a practice? u siad u r not a doc..i believe u r more than that in dancing .. did u have ur MA yet? .. hahaha..
pl have a mercy on poor Egyptian youth .. not only stunning outfit that would make u seem sexy... ur love to that practice would be enough to do

I do dance for the love of it....not to earn money. I think there are better ways of earning money. As to having mercy on the Egyptian youth...I don't think so!! I will be as merciless with them as I am with the British youth!!! In other words...watch out!!

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
One more thing...don't do belly dancing if you have back or neck problems....it will aggrevate them
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiggleGir ... i'm not from the kind u can easliy threaten ..or make him afraid..i think after ur challenge..i won't WATCH OUT .. no.. I'd rather WATCH ..YOU .. hehehe..
Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who can tell what you'll see when I came to Egypt. I just have to find somewhere I will be able to go to do my belly dancing. Perhaps you can recommend some where waco...?
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"ROKETAVE" .. "EXPLOSIVE" GiggleGirl .. sure 4 safety purposes .. and highly homeland security reasons.. i would recommend u to do it in ur bathroom .. or in front of the mirror at ur hotel room .. or else .. u would make USA accuses Egypt's nation of making demonstration condemning its policy in the Middle East .. while they where gathering for totally different purpose called ..<<GiggleGirl's GGGLING WITH ITS SHINY OUTFIT IN EGYPT's STREETS>> .. poor Egyptian guys..
if u really want my advice about the best place to dance in it ...would be.... in front of my ey...oooh ..noo.. (no ..no..i'm stronger than that..) ..i mean..in front of ur mirror ..as i told u before..case is closed ..haaaaa
tell u what..after a second thought..let's discuss it in private ..maybe we could reach a mediation hehehe..

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
I've done dancing in front of the mirror. I've got bored with watching myself dance though. I want to see other's reactions to my dances. One thing. I am not coming to Egypt and not belly dancing. I love to let my body move with the music. So, dance I want to do, and dance I will. As for you being strong...I seriously doubt it. I have a certificate in the art of seduction... lol.
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
GiggleGirl .. i know u r not coming to dance..nor to seduce in Egypt..u r just coming to torture and tantalize men like me ..but haaaaaaa... in ur dreams .. if u took a <<certificate in the art of seduction>> .. i made my MA in <<Anti-seduction defensive systems>> ..i'm too strong in that field ..(oh God help me please...)
and if a British girl says <<i like have my body move with the music>> what would music-and-dance maniac latinos girls say?
but frankly speaking GiggleGirl .. u r a hell of a character..
but, still .. a whisper in ur ear .. ( i know we were just kidding all along) don't try to show so much friendship and good humor while u r alone in a new and strange place .. it might be wrongly understood.. and cause u some harm .. (it is a brotherly advice..not a threaten or try to make u fear) .. be ur own self within the limits of the country's lines
and if u think u would get any reaction from me if u danced in front of my eyes.. u r wrong.. not only cause i'm strong-willed guy ..no.. but also cauze i'm ..BLIND..hehe...just kidding..take care

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
lol...keep kidding yourself, mate! lol. Strong willed guy? What ever you say. No, don't worry, I'm not coming to Egypt to dance and seduce. I am coming to look at the fantasitc ancient monuments and experience the culture. I am looking forward to visiting the Khan el Khalili bazaar, and going on a felucca ride. I have one booked for the evening. A ride down the Nile! It will be fabulous. But cold I bet!! I'd better bring some of my woolies (wooly jumpers) with me!! Thanks for your advice, but if I feel like I want to dance, then I will.
P.S. Don't worry about me. I've taken courses in self defence and kick boxing. So I can whoop any guy's **** anytime I want!!

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
GiggleGirl ..<<courses in self defence and kick boxing>> !!! I think now this is the time to quit playing the role of strong guy (whither in the seduction level, or bodily level) .. I believe u can wrap me round ur little finger in one move of the so-called kick boxing SPORT .. haaa.. what a sport .. sure Egyptian docs would be a little bit busy these next days while u r visiting Egypt .. breaking some legs here and other arms there.. poor Egyptian youth .. if they didn’t suffer from a hot dance..they would suffer a hot fight .. anyway .. have mercy on both level
Ur tour seems great .. but of course don’t forget .. Egyptian museum .. or visiting Pyramids .. or the best .. seeing whole Egypt from the highest place in Egypt calle Moquatam .. it is wonderful especially at night .. as for wool cloth .. it is only 13C at night .. refreshing wift.. but sure open place like Nile would be a little bit cold.. I think a jacket would fit ..
I think to wtach u dancing.. (and to avoid visting broken bones hospitals myself) I can apply for a job for the next few weeks on the nile boat u booked ur tour in.. and thus working undercover..and watching what is under cover … ooop .. sorry I mean watching u undercovered .. while u cannot see me .. hehehe.. enjoy urself ..cheers

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Work under cover?? lol...I've always fancied doing that...you know like spying on someone, that could be fun!! I'm only on a boat for one evening, the rest I spend in a hotel. (I like my comfort!! lol)I suppose I could do some of my dancing in the hotel disco thingy couldn't I? That would be safe wouldn't it??
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
GiggleGirl, of course .. dancing in the disco would be safer --->> for me ..to work in a hotel (which could be part of my career..safer than changing the whole career to work in a boat while i'm not a good swimmer) .. soooo thank u ..giving me such a chance to see u dancing ..hehehe..
as for ur KONG FU thing..or whatever .. after a second thought .. yesterday while i was playing basketball .. i broke my left leg ..the first thing i thought of..wouldn't that be a stuiped thing to have ur leg broken for just a GAME .. while u don't like to jeopardize ur neck for seeing a sweet girl like Giggle !! so.. i think getting my neck broken won't be a big sacrifice then..hehehe .. so r u willing for having audience with broken leg and potential broken neck..hehe..
enjoy ur dance.. cheers

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh poor you! I hope your leg is better soon. I tried basket ball one, apparently I am too short! lol Don't worrry, I wouldn't break yourneck, I'm not that mean, really! lol As for me being a 'sweet girl' remember, too much of a sweet thing can make you ill. Maybe that means for me to wear more clothes when I am dancing?! lol I hope you leg isn't to bad. Take care of yourself!!
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh poor you! I hope your leg is better soon. I tried basket ball one, apparently I am too short! lol Don't worrry, I wouldn't break yourneck, I'm not that mean, really! lol As for me being a 'sweet girl' remember, too much of a sweet thing can make you ill. Though that hasn't happened to any ofmy friends yet!! Maybe that means for me to wear more clothes when I am dancing?! lol I hope you leg isn't too bad. Take care of yourself!!

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, If you are there at the end of June, you could check out the annual (in its 4th year) Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival, which is being organized by one of the top BD instructors in Egypt, Raqia Hassan. She teaches many of the dancers around Cairo and people travel from all over the world to study with her. Check her website at http://www.raqiahassan.net
There are many other people teaching around Cairo and she can probably help you find some of them too.

There aren't really any schools for "belly dance" in Egypt like there are in EU and America. Although, they are starting to catch on to how Westerners are interested in learning now that so many have toured for workshops in the States, etc. Wonder why there are so many places in Khan el Khallili that sell BD stuff? It is all about economics . . . demand creates supply . . and if we are all crazy enough to go over there to buy or import it, than the Egyptians are only too happy to oblige.

Keep on dancing,

C

quote:
Originally posted by egyptian_aussie:
Hi,

I am coming to Egypt for 4 months in July and i would really like to learn how to bellydance properly (fore personal not business reasons!).

Can anyone direct me to some sort of dance school and give me a rough indication of costs?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by cbrbddd (edited 27 March 2004).]

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Hi GiggleGirl, sorry for being late in answer.. i was offline yesterday..visiting my doc..thanks 4 ur concern about my leg..after all .. it wasn't that bad..only some gel and wearing ankle .. and the universal medical advice of not having any kind of sport for 2 weeks..then the doc said something very strange.. u won't believe it.. he advised me as a way of physiotherapy, after resting 4 2 weeks, 2 dance !!! .. i immediately asked him astonishingly ..dance? .. bellydancing?.. do u know someone called GiggleGirl doc? .. r u visiting ES? .. my imagination gone wild..while he answered me no.. i meant slaw dancing.. preferable with nonprofessional..(still try to learn how 2 bellydance ..opp i mean to dance in general).. <<short>> like u (that in case u r tired from dancing u can rest ur head in her shoulder .. be the right height) and preferential for those didn't play basketball except once (to encourage u to prevent playing it again).. and he ended..if u didn't find such a partner in the Egyptian market.. u can seek the help of any one from UK..
So giggle ..do u know someone with such characteristic..and coming to Egypt soon?..hehehe..

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Giggle.. i forgot to say that when u wrote <<being a 'sweet girl' remember, too much of a sweet thing can make you ill>> u just remind me of my mama when i was young..asking for more chocolate .. she was saying the same ..<< too much of a sweet thing can make you ill>> .. do u know my mama, Giggle?.. i think both of u r watching too much ads of toothpaste ..hehehe..
again i feel ur tone while saying << i won't break ur neck..i'm not so mean..>> i believe it means the opposite (not u r mean..no..but u r gonna break it the minute u would reach it) .. and u r ready (especially after my two last replies) .. to do it now.. may God help me..Cheeeeers

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
quote:
Hi GiggleGirl, sorry for being late in answer.. i was offline yesterday..visiting my doc..thanks 4 ur concern about my leg..after all .. it wasn't that bad..only some gel and wearing ankle .. and the universal medical advice of not having any kind of sport for 2 weeks..then the doc said something very strange.. u won't believe it.. he advised me as a way of physiotherapy, after resting 4 2 weeks, 2 dance !!! .. i immediately asked him astonishingly ..dance? .. bellydancing?.. do u know someone called GiggleGirl doc? .. r u visiting ES? .. my imagination gone wild..while he answered me no.. i meant slaw dancing.. preferable with nonprofessional..(still try to learn how 2 bellydance ..opp i mean to dance in general).. <<short>> like u (that in case u r tired from dancing u can rest ur head in her shoulder .. be the right height) and preferential for those didn't play basketball except once (to encourage u to prevent playing it again).. and he ended..if u didn't find such a partner in the Egyptian market.. u can seek the help of any one from UK..
So giggle ..do u know someone with such characteristic..and coming to Egypt soon?..hehehe..

lol what a pity I am coming after your two weeks resting time...i could have helped you I'm glad your leg isn't that bad...it's just a sprain isn't it? A sprain can hurt just s much as a break though...I am determined I will not get scientific with explainations why! lol Don't worry, I won't break your neck. Guys have said a lot worse things than you to me...and I haven't broken their necks, but I have given a coupleof them a sharp slap! lol They deserved it!! I'm sure you aren't that bad. As I said, I'm sorry I am not coming to Egypt in time for your treatment. But who know, you may sprain it again before July...

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Giggle .. u r too nice to slap people on their faces .. even if they deserve it.. poor girl ..one with ur sense of humor and continuous desire to laugh .. sure ..shouldn't be treated like that .. i read many of ur posts here and there.. i believe u r some kind of a character..very lively..very .. "roketave and explosive" as i said before .. i think u r trying to show off ur muscles and bodily power.. but u r soo weak and fragile ..it is only a defensive way not to get hurt so badly, am i right? ..
i think it is really not so bad..(i don't mean u .. i mean my leg injury) .. but as 4 spraining it again before July just 4 ur sake..that u may help me in its treatment ..nooo .. thank u .. coze if the same leg sprained 4 the second time.. i think then .. resting my head on ur shoulder won't be enough .. i guess then u have to carry me on ur shoulder ..hehehe..coze i won't be able to walk again
anyway if u still have sometime (after posting all these posts here on ES) .. and u would like to visit a cripple patient on his mail ..oppp..i mean in his hospital bed .. here is my mail..oopp..sorry again..my room number.. we may be friends before July .. and don't need the <sprain trick>.. or the <broken neck trick > to get 2 know each others..cheers
bacowaco2@yahoo.com

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
quote:
Giggle .. u r too nice to slap people on their faces .. even if they deserve it.. poor girl ..one with ur sense of humor and continuous desire to laugh .. sure ..shouldn't be treated like that .. i read many of ur posts here and there.. i believe u r some kind of a character..very lively..very .. "roketave and explosive" as i said before .. i think u r trying to show off ur muscles and bodily power.. but u r soo weak and fragile ..it is only a defensive way not to get hurt so badly, am i right? ..
i think it is really not so bad..(i don't mean u .. i mean my leg injury) .. but as 4 spraining it again before July just 4 ur sake..that u may help me in its treatment ..nooo .. thank u .. coze if the same leg sprained 4 the second time.. i think then .. resting my head on ur shoulder won't be enough .. i guess then u have to carry me on ur shoulder ..hehehe..coze i won't be able to walk again
anyway if u still have sometime (after posting all these posts here on ES) .. and u would like to visit a cripple patient on his mail ..oppp..i mean in his hospital bed .. here is my mail..oopp..sorry again..my room number.. we may be friends before July .. and don't need the <sprain trick>.. or the <broken neck trick > to get 2 know each others..cheers
bacowaco2@yahoo.com

I have stored your address, but don't expect an e-mail yet. You are right, I have been hurt ( not physically) in the past, and I never,ever want thatto happen again. So I tread very carefull around men, and never take anything they say seriously. As you said, I do have a continuous desire to laugh and laugh is what I do. I laugh off compliments and things like that. I do not laugh off insults though, and although I am a nice girl, those guys deserved a slap and they got it as well. I'm not one to shy away from a fight with a guy, but I shy away from relationships! Don't know why, maybe it was the hurt I had? Anyway, take good care!!

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Giggle ..sorry to know that what i thought about u (ur pretend-to-be-aggressive way is just a defensive style, coze u were hurt before) was right .. But here we have a proverb saying << we won't prevent people from drinking water, coze one of them felt thirsty..drank water..water stopped in his throat and suffocated him..then died>> get the meaning? .. not because one experienced once a bad experience, shouldn't he drink ever again..if we r a little hurt about any experience results.. we should still feel good about it.. when it goes through our mind .. or we remember it later.. and we r ready to repeat it again and again.. and go deeper and deeper .. and get more and more hurt.. we should prefer that on living a static safe life without such risky experience.. this creature man is very strange.. always play with fire..burnt by..weep its pain..still enjoy it .. and keep playing .. burning .. weeping and enjoying..more and more ..take it easy..and waiting for ur mail <<maybe it is farewell for me to post here>>
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about an Egyptian's reactions, but here in the states, bellydancing is actually a popular class that gets filled up in the adult education night classes. There are a lot of white non-arab non-egyptian women that sign up to learn this art.
quote:

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian_aussie:
Hi,

Thanks

Check out the Ahlan Wa Sahlan Belly dance festival! Lots of Belly dance teachers will be there, you can learn from the best, and maybe there will be one from Australia with whom to keep in contact for further lessons when you return home.

Good luck!
Lori

------------------
sandal_wood@hotmail.com

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sesostris
Member # 4073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesostris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a friend of mine had a girlfriend who was into belly dancing. I thought it was nice.
Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com