EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Cairo Dentists

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cairo Dentists
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Plunkett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I note with curiosity when someone asked for Dentists in Luxor answers were posted with info.

I asked for Dentists in Cairo- answers came there none.

Does this mean that Cairo does not have any good dentists????

Posts: 107 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't notice an earlier message by you ...

Here is a dentist's address:
Dr. Yehya Aziz,
Safeer Square, Heliopolis.

I know he is an excellent doctor ... that's it. I don't know his telephone number ... etc.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plunkett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much indeed. Nice to know someone is reading and caring.

NB. Just took a brief look at your website-excellent. I'll certainly tune in when I have more time. Keep up the good work.

quote:
Originally posted by Raymon:
I didn't notice an earlier message by you ...

Here is a dentist's address:
Dr. Yehya Aziz,
Safeer Square, Heliopolis.

I know he is an excellent doctor ... that's it. I don't know his telephone number ... etc.

Posts: 107 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess the best dentists are in Heliopolis, cuz that's where mine is too, and he is great.

Hany Habashi
620-0611 or 620-0613 or 624-1955
4 Abdel Rahman El-Rafee Street
Hegaz Square (next door to Omar Effendi)

His hygenist is an American woman working here with pretty much the latest technology in equipment. It's a good good good office!

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plunkett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank Q. I need someone who is caring about nervous people and cheap!!

I need implants/plate????

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Guess the best dentists are in Heliopolis, cuz that's where mine is too, and he is great.

Hany Habashi
620-0611 or 620-0613 or 624-1955
4 Abdel Rahman El-Rafee Street
Hegaz Square (next door to Omar Effendi)

His hygenist is an American woman working here with pretty much the latest technology in equipment. It's a good good good office!

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you from? Because I'd say compared to European or American dentists all Egyptian ones are cheap.

I have one in Mohandessin who is supposed to be rather expensive according to Egyptian standards, but he's very good. He actually had to fix the work of my German dentist ...

Oops ... didn't mean to post the "thumbs down" symbol ... that was accidentally.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 24 March 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Plunkett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that Egyptian dentists are cheap. When I say cheap I simply mean with reference to implants.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
Where are you from? Because I'd say compared to European or American dentists all Egyptian ones are cheap.

I have one in Mohandessin who is supposed to be rather expensive according to Egyptian standards, but he's very good. He actually had to fix the work of my German dentist ...

Oops ... didn't mean to post the "thumbs down" symbol ... that was accidentally.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 24 March 2004).]

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know another good dentist in Heliopolis. She's a professor of dentistry at Cairo Uni too:
Dr Nivine Ragy
37 Khalifa Al Mamoun
Roxy Square
Heliopolis
Tel: 4513354

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shumza
Member # 913

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for shumza   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cit.

I've been looking for a female dentist.

Posts: 360 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Thank Q- Looks like I have choices after all

quote:
Originally posted by citizen:
I know another good dentist in Heliopolis. She's a professor of dentistry at Cairo Uni too:
Dr Nivine Ragy
37 Khalifa Al Mamoun
Roxy Square
Heliopolis
Tel: 4513354

wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was last in Cairo in March 2003, on the flight over from London, I developed agonising toothache and earache. I also developed a kidney infection.

We arrived at hotel and before I unpacked I then went to hotel reception (Mena House Oberoi) to arrange for doctor who came out in 1 hour.

His English was better than mine, he was very professional and very knowledgable. I also mentioned this toothache and I had earache, he said it was from the air pressure on the aeroplane that I had just came off. I believed him.

The kidney infection was gone in 24 hours.
But the toothache and earache did not leave me and I had it night and day. I did not for 1 minute think I had an abscess in my mouth. I was crying with pain.

Yet it never occured to me to see an Egyptian Dentist, I wasn't sure how to pick a good one, obviously one that speaks good English and has modern surgery. I was concerned that hotel receptoin would give me directions to any dentist, regardless of their reputation.

So from reading this posting, I now see there are good dentists in Cairo and if I ever developed an abscess there again, I'd go on internet and search for this posting.

I see from an earlier posting, a dentist in Luxor is recommended in Cleopatra Street. (where is that?)
I assume most dentists have the facility to write out a receipt for dental work, that I would pass to my insurance company to claim refund?

[This message has been edited by wise_woman (edited 27 March 2004).]

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisane
Member # 3410

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for lisane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:
I was last in Cairo in March 2003, on the flight over from London, I developed agonising toothache and earache. I also developed a kidney infection.

We arrived at hotel and before I unpacked I then went to hotel reception (Mena House Oberoi) to arrange for doctor who came out in 1 hour.

His English was better than mine, he was very professional and very knowledgable. I also mentioned this toothache and I had earache, he said it was from the air pressure on the aeroplane that I had just came off. I believed him.

But the toothache and earache did not leave me and I had it night and day. I did not for 1 minute think I had an abscess in my mouth. I was crying with pain.

Yet it never occured to me to see an Egyptian Dentist, I wasn't sure how to pick a good one, obviously one that speaks good English and has modern surgery. I was concerned that hotel receptoin would give me directions to any dentist, regardless of their reputation.

So from reading this posting, I now see there are good dentists in Cairo and if I ever developed an abscess there again, I'd go on internet and search for this posting.

I see from an earlier posting, a dentist in Luxor is recommended in Cleopatra Street. (where is that?)
I assume most dentists have the facility to write out a receipt for dental work, that I would pass to my insurance company to claim refund?

delete

[This message has been edited by lisane (edited 10 July 2004).]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Plunkett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really unfair. If I have to suffer the discomfort n pain of a dentist why wont you at least let me to enjoy the sight of someone sexy - I might discover that dentists are then the in place to be???? Spoilsport

quote:
Originally posted by lisane:
I know a sexy handsome dentist in Heliopolis but i don`t tell coz i know all you Ladies he-he

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:

If you want to have any dental work done in Cairo, let me know. I've used 2 different but both highly reputable dentists in Mohandessin whose staff is fluent in several languages. First time I went, the doctor had to fix the work of my last dentist (who was member of a reputable health care provider in the US and had offices in Beverly Hills.) So that should give you an indication of how good the Cairo dentists are.

Sure, there are some places that make you wonder about the qualifications of the individuals that practice medicine there, but health care in Egypt is for every budget (unlike other countries). The most expensive (which is still cheap by western standards) is extremely, extremely good. In fact, it's becoming a trend that a lot of westerners come to Egypt to have elective surgery performed. So if you need a nip and tuck as well....

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 31 March 2004).]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com