EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Nasr City?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nasr City?
marcus01
Member # 3929

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for marcus01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi can anybody Help.
I intend to study Arabic at the fajr center this summer. The course i want to do is the Nasr city Branch, but i cant find any mention of Nasr city on any map. I can see garden city,doqqi,giza,downtown and so on, but no nasr?
Does Anybody know where abouts nasr city is, or another name for it, or even better the nearest Metro to the actual fajr center

Posts: 6 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marcus,
Nasr City is in the vicinty of Heliopolis, can you see that on the map?It is south of Heliopolis or Masr El Gedida...East of Azhar and Abbassiya, if you tell me what the exact address of the Centre is I can give you directions how to get there, and/or what transportation means will get you there, unfortunately the Cairo Underground or Metro does not go to Nasr City...

quote:
Originally posted by marcus01:
Hi can anybody Help.
I intend to study Arabic at the fajr center this summer. The course i want to do is the Nasr city Branch, but i cant find any mention of Nasr city on any map. I can see garden city,doqqi,giza,downtown and so on, but no nasr?
Does Anybody know where abouts nasr city is, or another name for it, or even better the nearest Metro to the actual fajr center

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcus01
Member # 3929

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcus01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi thanks for your help, the exact address is :Block 42, Part 3, 9th District, 8th Zone Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 6 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcus01
Member # 3929

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcus01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, te exacrt address is
Block 42, Part 3, 9th District, 8th Zone,

Thanks for your help

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's been a few people who have done the course...i know dalia did and she mentioned some odd behavior about the center's idea of first night accomodations... nasr city is a suburb. pretty far from downtown in regular traffic, but i think you can take a metro there (though most people don't think in terms of most convenient public transport, so if they can afford it, they will opt for a taxi instead).

Fajr is great if you're muslim and you want to learn arabic to study the quran. A lot of their students come to study with this intent so their material may be a bit "bookish" instead of "everyday". Depends what your need is.

ILI in Mohandessin is another option - lot more central, and also offers courses and focuses on conversational.

But, either - or -- be sure to take advantage of the low cost of private lessons in Cairo and budget this into your stay. It will really help you to learn one on one, whether to suppliment your course or to emphasize it

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi, te exacrt address is
Block 42, Part 3, 9th District, 8th Zone,

Thanks for your help

hi marcus

well like noz redicer and exptcai told u, its in the vicinity of heliopolis... its where i live as well..its all divided into zones and urs is the 8th zone
the place inst out of reach but would need sometimes more than one mode of transportation to get into other places if ur inteersted about public transport...theer is alot of buses and microbus transport services that reach overthere but no direct metro or underground line...

if u need to ask anything, just feel free

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcus01
Member # 3929

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for marcus01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for all your help, now i have booked my flights you will hear a lot more from me.
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cheers for all your help, now i have booked my flights you will hear a lot more from me.

congratulations, when are u coming

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shumza
Member # 913

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for shumza   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a tram that goes to the Fajr Center from Ramses but it takes a loooooooooooooong time. Only costs 25 piastres.

[This message has been edited by shumza (edited 01 April 2004).]

Posts: 360 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Marcus,

check out the previous thread on living in Egypt, learning Arabic/Islam in Egypt, and also:
http://www.geocities.com/learnarabicincairo/

Diwan Center Cairo, Egypt http://www.aldiwancentre.com

Qortoba Institute Cairo, Egypt http://www.qortoba.com

Nile Center Cairo, Egypt http://www.teachingarabic.com

Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA) http://www.emory.edu/COLLEGE/CASA/

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marcus, a Toyota minibus from Ramses Square, downtown, will take you to the Fajr Centre in about 30 minutes. Ask for Midan Hay Al-Taamin - "Taamin" for short. Cost is/was? LE1.00. Yes, forget the tram. It would be more convenient for you (and cheaper) to stay in Nasr City and walk to school. I found the daily commute in summer from Ezbekiya where I was living (not far from Ramses Sq) to the school very trying.

The 8th zone in Nasr City is a poor cousin of Heliopolis. It's quite middle class with anonymous breezeblock apartments galore with not much in the way of entertainment. Good for a diligent student, I guess. Most of the foreigners living out here are Indonesians and former Soviet block nationals.

Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timbuctoo:
Most of the foreigners living out here are Indonesians and former Soviet block nationals.

Tim....Does this mean you are back and you didn't tell us?

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 04 April 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afraid not. I hope our paths will eventually cross one day!
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com