EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » My Most Embarrassing Moment! Whats Yours?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Most Embarrassing Moment! Whats Yours?
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had to pass on this silly tourists actions...proves I DON'T think at all sometimes. There I was on a Nile Cruise and each night this young lad would clean my room and set out my clothes and belongings for me very neatly and make me an animal out of blankets, towels, my clothes? and my hat sunglasses books etc.....to make it look funny.
One night, there was an Emu sitting on my bed reading a book. The next what looked like a long rabbit having a sunbathe.. the 3rd night? Well I jumped out of my skin as I opened my door to see what looked like an oven ready chicken hanging from my ceiling!
AAGHHH! Not a prety sight!
I left it there, meaning to ask him next day what it was supposed to be. So next morning he comes bounding along the corridor carrying fresh linen and to stop him I slide my arm out across the corridor, smile and point into my room....saying "And what is that?" He didn't speak a word of english.....and looked at me a little suprised smiled then went on his way. I forgot about it. Later, he knocks on my door, beckoning me smiling to please come outside.....I say WHY? what for? he just nods and smiles beckoning me... No speech.
I shut my door. He knocks again, more insistant, I open it, again he is beckoning me vigorously to come out, he has opened the door to the room opposite mine? WHy? I come out and he looks down the corridor, I follow his gaze to see four mens pairs of eyes staring at me from behind the staff curtain. I didn't understand at all what was going on. Until I came home and thought about it..Yep, he thought I had been giving him the "Come On" and his friends wanted to see which lady it was! OH Dear, how embarrassing. I guess I'm a SEX Tourist!
so what have you done?????

Posts: 85 | From: London England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an awful situation, LOL
I was in Egypt for hollydays with my friend and one day when we were at the beach, i decided to go to the room to take a shower befor the dinner. She said she will come in 20 minutes so i will have enogh time to finish with a shower. When i came to the room it was alredy cleaned. So I went into the shower and in 15 mintutes smb nocked at the door. Off course i thought it was my friend a bit early and went to open the door. As i was all wet and she is my old friend (so i dont' feel ashamed of her) I decided to open the door and go back (into the bathroom)very quickly. I took olny a small small towl. And when I opened the door there was a guy with a dish (present from administration). I was shoke and he was as well. I tossed and turned, raning between the bathrom and the door. Finnaly shuted the door.

That guy had a very funny expression of his face, i can't imagine what mine looked like.

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linnet,

I still want to know what the chicken was all about.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie, I have a photo! If you know where I can display it? I never did find out....!
Posts: 85 | From: London England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Girls, you better watch out what you're talking about and who does hear them. No problem to tell stories if your surrounded by women. And I would love to bring my fair share in .......

But the problem I see here is that you on a forum where many male Egyptians are and I really don't want that they get a more disgraceful view of us as European women ......

Just talk about the weather and the beach sand and you can't get wrong with things what you are saying....

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 02 April 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this link works on here. It works by email. I found a site to upload the photos so you can have a look let me know what you think they are...??

http://www.pixagogo.com/2148195237

Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Tigerlily, just having a laugh at how we can be misunderstood!! by the way the link is to my animal photos...nothing else!!
blondy25
Member # 3849

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for blondy25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

they get a more disgraceful view of us as European women ......

question is who "us" tigerlily?? who do you include by "us"? someone is included by mistake, dont u think so !!!!!

[This message has been edited by blondy25 (edited 02 April 2004).]

Posts: 50 | From: Denamrk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlilly ,,,please for god sake ,,,Back off ,,,come on ladies i enjoy your posts and promise not to misunderstand you
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Girls, you better watch out what you're talking about and who does hear them. No problem to tell stories if your surrounded by women. And I would love to bring my fair share in .......

But the problem I see here is that you on a forum where many male Egyptians are and I really don't want that they get a more disgraceful view of us as European women ......

Just talk about the weather and the beach sand and you can't get wrong with things what you are saying....

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linnet:

I think that guy was really a professional! Those things are fantastic!!! What imagination!

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Penny (edited 05 February 2005).]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Thanks friends for taking a look.
yes they were good weren't they?
Oh Penny, I can't imagine how you felt,
carrying home that warm chicken. I'd love to hear some more from you on how you have adapted to both your living scenarios. praps on the Way We Live Post??

Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lukoshko:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Linnet:
[b]

I think that guy was really a professional! Those things are fantastic!!! What imagination! [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you Lukoshko I thought they were good too!

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily,
You need a vacation....

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redsea
Member # 3150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This happened to my Aunt who also lives in Egypt, it was after we had been here for 6 months and still having a lot to learn. She went into a small shop and asked the gentleman if he had any black rubbish bags, she quickly realised he could not speak any English. She spent ten minutes trying to explain what she needed, eventually a big smile came on his face and nodding his head that he understood he gave her his stool to sit and wait for him and he left the shop. Five minutes later he came back into the shop looking so happy with himself and presented her with his own used rubbish bag half full with his own rubbish. My Aunt was not sure if he was joking or not, but he thrust it into her hand so, she paid him 2le and thanked him. She was not sure what to do with it and did not want to hurt his feelings as he was so pleased with himself, so she walked all the way home carrying the rubbish bag.
Posts: 88 | From: egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Redsea for that, it really made me laugh, I can just see her sitting there wondering where on earth he had gone too!
Oh thank god I am not the only one on the block!

Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Thank you Redsea for that, it really made me laugh, I can just see her sitting there wondering where on earth he had gone too!
Misunderstandings can be so wonderful!

Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
redsea .... hahahahaha ....
It's a very funny story ... hey guys keep posting such cross-cultural stuff.
Your aunt is so caring ... love that type of people.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Egy room attendants are given training on creative nightie arrangement

I remember always finding my clothes in a romantic position. In order to be as formal as possible I actually brought a striped pyjama with shorts and T-shirt, and I was wearing socks in bed as it was December and quite cold at night. Well he still made a wasp middle to the T-shirt, and arranged the socks in a funy way.

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked that link heheeeeeeeee. One thing, those your slippers? Mme you have Big Feet
Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Watch it Rimo! size 5 actually!!!!
Hey Lori I'd love to know what he did with your socks???

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Galon /litre, mile/km, lbs/kg, metres&cm/feet& inches......my pants are size 36 in france but they're 8 in the UK....I'm 32 somewhere 75 in others....I have to look to my left b4 i cross the street everywhere, I'd be dead if i did that in the UK.......My God... WHAT'S SIZE 5?

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 03 April 2004).]

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
An English size 5 my dear, is a metric 38? I think..about the size of.....1 1/2 cd's in length! (The first thing that came to hand!)
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Linnet:
[B]I hope this link works on here. It works by email. I found a site to upload the photos so you can have a look let me know what you think they are...??

I'm with you Linnet it looks just like an oven ready chicken or Turkey. Reminds me of the one I bought on the market this Christmas. I thought I was so brave choosing one live but had to walk away when they did the deed and hide in a friends shop. They were all laughing at me. The bit I could not quite get used to .. it was still warm as I carried it home.

Oh no!! That's horrible! Just think, that was alive once. It had feelings just like us... How can you bear to eat a living creature, that walked and breathed and felt pain? It's so sad. Seeing as we are talking about embarassing moments, I haven't actually had many. Not much embaarasses me, and nothing has embarassed me in Egypt as I ahven't been there yet! My most embarassing moment though has to be on a school trip once. We were going on a long trip and the driver stopped the bus to let us all strech our legs. My friend and I decided we would climb over the hedge into a field to see what was in there only to find our male teaacher peeing on the otherside of the hedge!! I almost died of embarrassment!!

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
An English size 5 my dear, is a metric 38? I think..about the size of.....1 1/2 cd's in length! (The first thing that came to hand!)

A CD an' a half? hmmmm that's ok I guess.
Hey speakin' of feet, has anyone seen one with bound feet? heard they were so tiny, are they pretty? how tiny is that? can they walk properly?

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 09 August 2004).]

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, the pictures are great. I like the one of the man laying in bed best. That was too cute.

Second.... I have also had the displeasure of carrying a warm chicken carcass home right after it was killed. I hated it! I much prefer to have it under cellophane on a styrofoam plate right from my butchers counter!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Hi Rimo, yes I've seen pictures of bound feet and I don't think they look pretty. The toes are folded under and the foot is wrapped, so the toes stay forever folded under the feet.
thankx for keeping this thread going...
Redsea, is your Aunt English? Only, her actions typify to me what an english person does in an extremely embarrassing situation,
walks away, holding her head up and pretending nothing daft has happened ! What I love best, is that she paid him!
What then typifies an Egyptian?

karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh those embarassing moments, how could I count them? It started in the nursery when I misunderstood the date for the customs party, and I was the only one of course who showed up in my mushroom outfit, full of make-up.. I had wished to be very very far that moment, and I had to spend all the day long like this, with all the other children laughing at me Nearly as embarassing as being the only 12 yr. old in school wearing an over the knee scottish mini skirt at a time when long solid colors were the fashion.

During school time, a family member of mine was working at a video rental & cabine watch shop for adult films. It was very close to my school so I passed by sometimes after school to deliver lunch, I was going to fall dead when I found one of my teachers, who happened to be a regular customer, entering.

In Egypt at the pyramids for the first time (I was 24), an middle-aged man from the camelrent asked me whether I was a woman? Since I replied "of course, what do you think?" he kept trying to pat my shoulder or catch my hands whenever possible, and it was very annoying and unpleasant to get rid of him. In Austria, officially the word for unmarried girl (fraeulein) was abolished, a girl is a woman if married or not. In Egypt a girl is a virgin, after marriage or after losing virginity, she is a woman. Got it?

re. the slaughtering, Everything takes time to get used to it, it is not easy to watch the killing at first. But imagine, what you don't see does not disturb you? do you know how the cattle and chicken get killed at the mass butcher, with electricity?

From the Quran we know that halal slaughtered animals (with only a few exceptions of animals) is allowed for us to eat, but it is our duty to spare the animals suffering. The animal is not supposed to get sight of the knife, so it won't be scared, the knife has to be at its sharpest, and the throat has to be cut with one single strike, while the one who is slaughtering has to pronounce he is doing this in the name of Allah. Since the main blood artery gets cut, immediately the animal is brain dead and feels no more pain, if it is still moving this is only due to the muscles contracting on their own. That's how much I know wa Allahu alam (God alone knows best).

I guess I got a little bit carried away on the subject? sorry!

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
Since the main blood artery gets cut, immediately the animal is brain dead and feels no more pain, if it is still moving this is only due to the muscles contracting on their own. That's how much I know wa Allahu alam (God alone knows best).

salam, Karin

Dear God In Heaven that would put me off chicken for the rest of my life oh mebbe the rest of my life is too much, mebbe till next week (I love chicken ).
On a lighter note speakin' of chickens, I always thought chickens on the table were female chickens, I thought a chicken marries a turkey so the chicken must be the bride , the turkey being the groom. I was corrected only recently that chickens we eat are "boys" the "girl (women )" chickens are for breeding & laying eggs. So there is a girl turkey and a boy turkey,,,, that was very confusing,,,, Did you all know that?

Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Lori I'd love to know what he did with your socks???

He did nothing with my socks. Just put them under the shorts.

anyway it was a weird feeling to have a man other than my boyfriend touch my pyjamas...

Hope when I go next time, there will have women tending to the rooms.

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Hi Lori,
do you know? I felt exactly the same....seemed a little wierd.having a man sorting through my clothes....must go to work!

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
I remember one more embarrassing moment which happened to me when i was 14. I was ina Camp with my friend. We lived 4 girls at one room at the second floor. The room was with a balcony. One night we decided to go to a disco at the beach and some more girls came to our room to have a drink before. As there were many people at the room we moved our bags to the balcony. When I decided it was time to dress for the party i came to the balcony to take a dress out of the bag and to put it on. The balcony was with Venetian blind horizontal. It was dark outside already. So people who were opposite our balcony couldn't see us, BUT people who were standing under our balcony could. During the prosses of changing the dress I heard the whistles and cries of boys and thought "Interesting what is going on there" . Then suddenly it stroke into my mind why they did it. It was one of the most embarrassing moment in my life!.

During all the party some guys came to our table telling me "Ok, i will come to u tonight". I was very ashames and my girl friends were laughing at me all that night and several days after. Even now they sometimes remind me that story.

Sophia
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Lori,
do you know? I felt exactly the same....seemed a little wierd.having a man sorting through my clothes....must go to work!

its embarssing to know some man play with your clothes and also very irritating and stupid

Posts: 21 | From: Europe | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on a few Niles Cruises, the last one being November 2003. I'm careful about what clothes I have put away and I usually have a few items draped over a chair

I thought they would only touch what is left out?
I usually have shoes, sunglasses, hat, pyjamas, things like that left out and that seems to be what they use. Along with towels, pillows and bedspreads that are lying about.

I really enjoy coming back from evening dinner and seeing what is there to surprise me!

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com