EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Accommodation in Giza

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Accommodation in Giza
sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sotiria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone recommend either a hotel or appartment for rent for 7 days from June 27-July 4th in Giza? We are 2 adults and 1 child looking for a reasonable low price and must be close to pyramids. Thankyou
Posts: 24 | From: Greece | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask why you are insistant to be near the pyramids? It's a lousy location unless that is ALL you want to do and see while you are in Cairo. What ever you save on a cheap hotel out there, you will spend on transportation to anything except the pyramids during your week long stay.

In the city is much better for seeing everything else. And getting around inside the city can be economical if you learn the different systems available.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Oasis Hotel

Address: Cairo Alex Desert Road
PO Box 44 Pyramids
Cairo
Egypt
Phone: 02-3831777
Fax: 02-3830916

Minutes away from the Great Giza Pyramids and Sphinx lies the Oasis Hotel surrounded by a breathtaking palm forest decorated with all that mother nature has to offer. All 250 rooms are surrounded by flowers, fruit and palm trees. Guests can use free transportation to and from the Egyptian Museum and downtown with our courtesy shuttle bus.
Star Rating: 4
Property Style: Hotel
Guest Rooms: 300

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sotiria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Debbie,
The reason I am needing accommodation there is because I will be attending a conference at the Meena House Hotel for the week and we don't have the funds for a 5 star hotel!
I was thinking it's better to be close to the hotel than stay in Cairo and have to take a taxi everyday. Any suggestions?
Salam

Posts: 24 | From: Greece | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sotiria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi Gary, hotel sounds nice, any info on prices for me?
Thank you

Oasis Hotel

Address: Cairo Alex Desert Road
PO Box 44 Pyramids
Cairo
Egypt
Phone: 02-3831777
Fax: 02-3830916

Minutes away from the Great Giza Pyramids and Sphinx lies the Oasis Hotel surrounded by a breathtaking palm forest decorated with all that mother nature has to offer. All 250 rooms are surrounded by flowers, fruit and palm trees. Guests can use free transportation to and from the Egyptian Museum and downtown with our courtesy shuttle bus.
Star Rating: 4
Property Style: Hotel
Guest Rooms: 300

[/B][/QUOTE]

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the Oasis isn't a bad hotel (the Hash has had several parties out there over the past 6 years) it is exactly what I'm saying about being TOO FAR OUT. There are NO taxis there except the taxi's that work for the hotel and they know darn well they have you by the short hairs every time you want to go somewhere. I mean, at the Oasis, you aren't even going to be able to walk away from the hotel. It's too too too far away to be practical unless you have a car or are on a tour with a bus picking you up everyday.

You must be going to that belly dancing thing they have at the Mena House every year. Right? Why those organizers don't organize affordable accomodation for you girls that can't afford the Mena House is beyond me. This happens EVERY bloody year.

Last year we had a gal from the boards come and organize some room down near the pyramids in the stable area. It turned out to be a nightmare for her and we all had to work to get her out of there within a few days of her arrival. Whatever you do, don't sign up to stay at some weirdos "convention center" at the pyramids area. I think that is what he termed it.

There are loads of cheap 3* hotels along Pyramids Road. Any one of them will be as good (or bad) as another, but at least there will be affordable transportation available to you just outside your door if you stay there. Try to pick one with a Pyramids Road address. In Arabic, it would be Al-Haram Street...so look for that and while there won't be anything special about the hotel (probably), at least you'll be in a better spot for getting back and forth to the Mena House since that is what you are coming for. You can move into the city after the convention is over and find a more practical hotel later.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Thanks so much for your reply Debbie, your comments are appreciated. I have managed to find a reasonable hotel along Pyramids Rd and at least I will be able to get back and forth relatively easy. We are planning to rent other accommodation in Cairo after the festival. Yes it's the belly dance festival!
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a cheap hotel:

KAOUD DELTA PYRAMIDS Cairo, Egypt
King Faisal Road, El Ahram
Phone: 3834177
Fax: 3870957
Rooms: 140

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
compress_15
Member # 4078

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for compress_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sotiria

how much you want to pay for the flat?
the flat with a maid for serving you

email me at

amgamal@menanet.net

Posts: 1 | From: cairo-egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivian
Member # 3976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vivian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sotiria!you are from greece,aren't you?i'm greek too.i visited egypt during the second week of easter holiday.in cairo,i stayed at the kaoud delta pyramids hotel(it's the hotel that raymon suggested you).i can say it was a nice hotel with great view to the pyramids.if you want any other information,send me e-mail to: vivet25@hotmail.com
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com