EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Hotels In Dahab please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotels In Dahab please
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Penny (edited 05 February 2005).]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've stayed at one called Green Valley once. It was ok. I'm not sure there was any food there, but food isn't hard to find in Dahab.

Also, I want to try one called Alaska Camp next time I go there. A woman named Marge used to post a lot on Lonely Planets Thorn Tree that owned Alaska Camp. Always wanted to see what it was like. It should be ok.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. When I was up there, Dahab wasn't that big. Everything is close to the sea. Right across a small walkway/road from the sea.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bastet
Member # 3888

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bastet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi Penny,

Try the 'Yasmin Hotel', it's well located, rather inexpensive yet lovely hotel with swimming pool and clean & spaceous rooms.

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Does anyone know of / can recommend a simple, quiet, clean hotel in Dahab, preferably next to the beach. Good food would be a plus too. Not looking for anything grand just very simple

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Osama
Member # 3854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hilnan is totally great for me
i think 52$ for double room
4 stars delux

Posts: 38 | From: Alexandria,Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Osama:
Hilnan is totally great for me
i think 52$ for double room
4 stars delux

Is that the same as the Helnan? As in Helnan Shepherd in Cairo, Helnan Marina in Sharm? Do they now have a Helnan in Dahab? wow!

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is why I was asking if his Hilnan is the same as Helnan. I never heard of a Helnan in Dahab before. You might search for the Helnan website and see if they say they have one in Dahab. I know they are in Alex, Cairo, Sharm and Port Said, but Dahab? I don't know. Therefore we don't know what standard of hotel it is, and $52 sounds like a lot for Dahab...but if it is decent it's ok. The ones I've told you about are NOT Helnan quality by any stretch of the imagination...but they are dirt cheap by comparison too.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
I just saw his Hilnan is 4 stars which makes me think it is a cheap copy of the Helnan Hotels which are not delux but all get the 5* rating. For a 4* hotel, I think $52 is kind of expensive, but maybe it is good. If you go, check it out and let us know what you think.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

stallion
Member # 4079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stallion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi penny i just came from dahab well there are 2 kinds of places to stay in u can stay in a camp wich is soooo cheap but do not think about food loool it is just a small room to sleep in on the ground but they put something to sleep on and to cover with and the bathroom is shared i do not like that any way , and there is middle standared hotel starting from 3 stars well they r nice and clean if u r thinking of a nice simple clean room but food won't be that classy and there is many levels on middle standard hotels u can choose between them and u will know the standared from the outlook of the hotel and they r all liniar on the beach and if u want my advice if the beach is 100 m long for example choose a hotel in the middle well and if we r talking about 4 and 5 stars hotels u have sheraton and helenan and yes it is like in cairo and all over the world and i guess there is one more but i can not remember the name of it well i will give u some advices before u go there the best area to dive and snorkel in there is if u r facing the sea and the hotels on ur back it is the maz left on ur left hand it is ammazing well mm what else i want to tell u if u like horse riding there is a trip at night for 1 h just to run between mountains it is great u can take it only for 25 le
well i took it like that and maybe cause u r no egyptian they will give it to u a bit more well u should do a safari and see the caniouns ( the coloured mountains) and u should go to the blue hall to dive there it is one of the best area's i go from dahab to blue hall for around 25 le and they bring u back mmm what else u should go to saint cathrien and go up the mountain it is soooo hard to get there it is about 2.5 h of going up a mountain but it worth it to see the sun rize well i wish u all fun and plz tell me what did u do there mm i was gonna forget there is such nice places there to surve nice food u just cheque all of them before deciding wich one to eat in and do not listen to much to people who work thier just do what u want i wish u best of luck
my mail is azab143@hotmail.com if u want to ask about any thing else

Posts: 15 | From: cairo,maadi,egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Lotus
Member # 3415

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Lotus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Penny,
JEALOUS!!! I was there one week ago to finish my diving...
I stayed in the Sphinx hotel, different categories in rooms, the most expensive with airco and little seaview for ep 120 = euro 17. it is a about 10 min walk to the location where are more bars and shops etc. but the walk is along the beach...
another place which seems to be very famous with divers is 7 heaven which is at the 'main' location.
But you also can just go there by public bus (East Delta) from Sharm, about 1,5 hrs, and look at the hotels yourself. Last week most of them had enough choices...

HAVE FUN!!!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tariq Tharwat
Member # 4052

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tariq Tharwat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Penny,
am sorry i didnt see you message until today and I dont know if it is too late ... but there is a good place called AliBaba Hotel and it is in a nice Area in the middle of Masbat beatch and they have good food as well...
I am a dive Master in Dahab and I spent my first days when i first came to Dahab there and it is really nice..

------------------

Posts: 5 | From: Egypt Dahab | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member

ANUBIS2
Member # 4330

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANUBIS2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard from a friend that Mezina resort is also good for diving, would you agree? I dived in Dahab before a few years ago and went through INMO - they were great; where are you a divemaster?

quote:
Originally posted by Tariq Tharwat:
Dear Penny,
am sorry i didnt see you message until today and I dont know if it is too late ... but there is a good place called AliBaba Hotel and it is in a nice Area in the middle of Masbat beatch and they have good food as well...
I am a dive Master in Dahab and I spent my first days when i first came to Dahab there and it is really nice..

Posts: 8 | From: n/a | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com