EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Ahlan Wa Sahlan Dance Festival

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahlan Wa Sahlan Dance Festival
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been to the Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival?

Please share your experience if you've been to any edition. From the website it looks really interesting and I would like to know more about it.

Thanks,
Lori

------------------
sandal_wood@hotmail.com

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I haven't been but am planning on going this year. Some dancers I know went last year and really enjoyed it. There is a write-up of last year's event in a belly dancing publication called "Habibi" that is on newsstands now in the US. Raqia, with whom I've taken a couple of workshops, is the organizer and she gets good Egyptian dancers (known and unknown to westerners) to teach. Not sure that gives you the information you need, but if you are into belly dancing then this is supposed to be a really big fix with opening and closing night galas and 3 classes per day with local costumers coming to setup shop for selling costumes . . . Maybe I'll see you there??? Catherine
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori, I found a link for you with a review on the festival . . . http://www.gildedserpent.com/articles22/shiraahlanwasahlan.htm

I'll try to email from home with this link.

Catherine

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
Lori, I found a link for you with a review on the festival . . . http://www.gildedserpent.com/articles22/shiraahlanwasahlan.htm

I'll try to email from home with this link.

Catherine

Thanks Catherine!
My teacher of Raks Sharqi will be attending and she told me it's really expensive, she spent about USD 3000 last time, including lessons, costumes, videotapes etc. It's OK for her since she makes money out of this but as a mere hobby ... it would be a VERY expensive hobby.

------------------
sandal_wood@hotmail.com

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com