EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » A positive posting about Sharm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A positive posting about Sharm
Shushi
Member # 2417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shushi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having read all the negative comments on this board over the past few months about Sharm, I wasn't sure it was going to be a good place for a family holiday for my family. All I can say is SHARM IS GREAT. We had a fantastic time (myself, my Egyptian husband and our 9 year old son). We particularly enjoyed walking through the town at night and sitting in the coffee shops and watching the world go by. We stayed out until about 12 midnight and I made a point of watching the dynamics going on between the visitors and the locals. Maybe it was just the time that we were there (over Easter) but we saw mainly families and couples and virtually no single girls out looking for local guys. I think all of that stuff takes place in the nightclubs and as far as I am concerned the girls are getting exactly what they are asking for so should stop complaining and sullying the name of Sharm which is a great family holiday destination.

Also, for those of us who are happily married to Egyptian men, let me just say that there are success stories, I have been married for 19 years. I think it is a case of the silent majority versus the rather verbose minority.

Posts: 26 | From: Darlington, Co. Durham, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

hi there

great uve enjoyed ur holidays and may u always have a healthy happy life..Never been to sharm yet but willing to go soon inshallah..

be safe

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aidia
Member # 3198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aidia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
first I'm so happy you enjoyed your holiday and second I completely agree with everything you say. I went to sharm twice and both times as a single girl and had the best time of my life and like you,in the evenings I loved siiting in the cafes in naama bay. I did have a bad experiance with a guy in sharm but as an adult I knew what I was doing and i'm not going to sit here and belittle all egyptian men who work in tourism just for the sake of a few rotten eggs and i also realise that I could have and had the same experiances with the men back home in england.
Although at the same time I do feel for the woman who have had these sorts of experiances
but I do also want to say please stop putting all these men into the same catogorie they are not all like that and i have made some great friends with some of those guys.
I have always thought of a holiday as relaxing by the beach, seeing the local sites and of course sun bathing. Not to go and look for men if that is why a person goes on holiday then they are setting themselves up for trouble.

[This message has been edited by aidia (edited 23 April 2004).]

Posts: 26 | From: london, england | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com