EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Marriage Egyptian - Non Egyptian Help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriage Egyptian - Non Egyptian Help!!
marmani
Member # 4161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marmani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi All,

I am planning to marry my partner of 2 years in June 04. I am based in the UK and he is based in Egypt now, we met in Holland and he recently went back to make all the necessary wedding arrangements. He is a christian and we are having problems now with organising a church wedding. I am going to be baptised at the end of may and the father's are saying we will have to wait 6 months after this before they allow us to marry in church. However, I have booked my flights and friends are coming along as well. Also the father has said he has never performed a marriage between an egyptian and non egyptian and doesn't know the correct procedures to carry out. I am so confused as I am sure there have been marriages in churches in egypt between egyptian and non-egyptians. We are obviously planning to marry in the registry civil marriage way
as well in Cairo. However, wish to marry in the church and we are finding this very difficult for a church to accomodate.
Does anyone have advice on what I can do or who we can contact for support.

Posts: 10 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Marmani,

My dh and I could not get married in
Egypt when we were there (8 years ago) cause they were just re-arranging the whole weddingbusiness concerning Egyptians abroad.
Seemed some of them married in church twice or more with the same or the next partner just becaus they could.
The churchfathers had a conference at that time and appointed a liaisonofficer (churchfather) in Egypt for this affairs. They also requested from us a letter from the churchfather of our parish in Amsterdam that we were not married there, which we did not have on us, since we did not know. For this and some other reasons we ended up never being married in church at all.
They also set a time between baptism and wedding which was not the case in ' my time' since so many western women were not really active in church at all and that made them cautious that at least one should have an education in church so it will be easier to integrate in the church that will be you'rs during all of you're wedded life.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to tell you that we had permission to marry in our own parish. That could be you're solution, how sorry for the Egyptian family. Looking back we would have had less troubles if we had done that right away. But, you know, civil wedding in Amsterdam, my dh's parents wanted us to have at least then the churchwedding with them.
But to make it more complicated, for some reason my dh is completely off of the whole idea of marrying in church but we still get invitations of local churchfathers in Egypt to get married in their church when we are there.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please contact Mr. Raymon Kondos at raymon(at)youregypt.com

I am very much sure he will be able to give you some good answers. He is an Egyptian Christian and very much knowledgable.

Oh.... and all the best to you and your soon-to-be-hubby!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 30 April 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marmani
Member # 4161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marmani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Dear All

Thanks very much for your reply, I will look into this and keep you all posted.

Posts: 10 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marmani
Member # 4161

Rate Member

Having problems contacting Raymon do you have a number or e-mail address?

Website does not have any details.

Many thanks

Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marmani,
I already sent you an email.

Tigerlily,
Thanks a lot for the trust you put in me

I have a request; could you please edit the your posting that includes my email, replacing the @ mark by the word (at) just to avoid electronic spammers:
raymon(at)youregypt.com

quote:
Tigerlily:He is an Egyptian Christian and very much knowledgable

I was very flattered … thanks

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

[This message has been edited by Raymon (edited 30 April 2004).]

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Raymon, I am deeply sorry and I hope you forgive me .......

But I knew you would be able to provide her with all the right answers.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com