EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » The problem With This Forum Is.........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The problem With This Forum Is.........
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with this forum is to many tour operators, Hotel owners and assorted others whose suggestions and advice are based on their need to make a sale and not necessarily in the best interest of the traveller. The Forum is entitled "Visiting Egypt" it is for travellers who have been to Egypt to share their knowledge and experiences, good and bad with others who visit the Country and those considering a visit. May we suggest to these businesses their purpose would be better spent if they were to set up commercial web sites and promote their business from there and leave this Forum for the purpose it was intended.
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P&T-

I'm pretty sure you are including me in your list of "tour operators"...etc, that you have insinuated are only here for our best business interests. If so, I want to assure you and others that I don't believe that is true. I am quite certain if you look through this board you will find loads and loads of posts from my SN that have been purely to help others with not one word of business listed.

Now, there are several too where I've used the "signature" feature that they allow with this board to let people find my website and email address, and there are have been a few where I've suggested they could use my business to help facilitate what they want to do. So far, I don't have lots of complaints from anyone that followed that advice.

In fact, you chose not to use my business and from what I can see you've had many complaints about how your trip came together. I'm not saying I necessarily could have improved your luck while on holiday, but I think I would have.

No one is forcing anyone to go with any company. If they use the Internet to research travel options, we are only offering one option. If they see it as a service they want, what do you care?

May I suggest that you search for an Egypt forum that is not based in Egypt. You may find more tourists on there and fewer residents. Residents seem to be the business owners that annoy you.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 02 May 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suta
Member # 3653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
May we suggest to these businesses their purpose would be better spent if they were to set up commercial web sites and promote their business from there and leave this Forum for the purpose it was intended. [/B]

May I suggest that you be grateful for the advice you have received and stop being such begrudgers?

Posts: 21 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elysee
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elysee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have personally benefited from a lot of free help and advice from Debbie. Thanks.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
leave this Forum for the purpose it was intended.

i would strongly suggest you take some time to familiarize yourself with the last 3 years of this forum before typing grandiose statements. it's obvious you know nothing about the history of this forum. for a good half a year, it was a place filled with bored people who had never been to egypt but felt obligated to psychoanalyze every girl who was embarking upon a relationship with an egyptian man. the "can i trust him" stories.

frankly, you pop in every 6 months and so to criticize everybody else then leave without making any positive impact yourselves.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sybyrite
Member # 3658

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for sybyrite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with elysee that Debbie has given me the exact info that I sought on this site, and all without pushing a business interest.
Many business ads can be found here, and many have usefull information. Sometimes the business information can be usefull in other aspects of researching a travel interest.
Anyway, ads can be quickly scaned for help, and we are free to move on to the next item.
But then, perhaps some people just read very slowly and can't absorb too much at a time.

Posts: 53 | From: cape may, NJ, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sybyrite
Member # 3658

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for sybyrite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And one of my favorites on this forum is: "Egypt-A-Z Websites".
So many of these listings are businesses, yet I've found so much of interest, places, items that I'm looking for, and just by scanning the responses.
All these links are a wealth of information.
Thanks everyone.

Posts: 53 | From: cape may, NJ, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsonkick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read these boards nearly every day ... I have been in private conversations with 4 of the people on this board and not once have they been pressuring me into choosing there 'service' over some one elses ... In fact the opposite my holiday is a 'travel agent' planned one (because I have my 13 year old son with me ... and do not want to spend time looking for accomodation ect) I have had tons of advice from the so called 'tour operators and hotel owners' who know i will not be using there service .... They are all still very forth coming with suggestions, and tips that will benefit me but most certainly bring them nothing .... for this I thank you all for your time and wisdom ... your advice to me (and many others I see on the board) is invaluable and i hope to see at least 3 of you on my travels!!! Thank you for your time and patience with my questions Joanne
Posts: 42 | From: isle of man uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who has seen BBC 2's The Fast Show "I will get my coat"
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
GOOD!

Monica, Can you explain this to those of us that haven't seen it and have NO CLUE.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ista La vista dear,

don't give yourself the right to judge those we really in contact with them daily,based on shallow reviewing ,
and for your information, i am as an egyptian , sometimes get information i don't know from those very nice ppl whom do u call them tour leader,
and forgive me for being offensive, but all u do care for as a visitor to egypt coming to this site, is to have the information u seek, whether it came from a tour leader or a fireman , or a plumber, as long as it made a benifit to u

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com