EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » travelling friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: travelling friends
glum_cat
Member # 4111

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for glum_cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan to go backpacking round egpyt in january 2006 for around six months (it'll take me that long to save up!!) and am looking for someone to travel with. plan to go to luxor, down the nile to aswan, fly to abu simbel, fly to alex then along the north coast to port said, suez then Sharm, flying back to cairo, from cairo back down the nile to luxor. the plan isn't definate yet! anyone planning a similar trip please post a reply!!!!!!!
Posts: 17 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this a joke?i don't even know what will happen to me the next day,so u r planning a trip on jun 2006!! ,or u mean 2005?
anyway,i never been to most of these places before and i'd like someone to encourage me to make it,drop me a line at december 2005

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glum_cat
Member # 4111

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for glum_cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope not a joke. It really will take me that long to save up cos my job isnt great, and I have to pay off debts i run up at university. 2006 is only 18 months away!!! the last 18 months flew by.
Posts: 17 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes,right:-),smae here,i've to save much for that if i want to go,and yes time run fast,my last 23 years flew up so fast too ,anyway till then keep in touch
Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glum_cat
Member # 4111

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for glum_cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks! i plan to go on a egyptology course in september for one year, so when i finsh that it'll only be three months till i actually go! 2006 does seem a long way off but in my experence it is the day after tomorrow! I probable wont have saved half of what i plan to by then! any suggestions for things to add to the trip?
dreamy11
Member # 4004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamy11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi dear ,iam ready to be a fellow in that trip ,am an ex tour guid from cairo ,and need for that ,i allready did that long tour before with a students of berlin university from alexandria in the northern coast to aswan ,every rock ,every temple ,even in siwa and the oasis ,and also lots of programs ,,so u can contact me on my email omda_auf@hotmail.com ...waiting for u ..byeee
Posts: 17 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glumcat, i wouldn't get too worried if you don't find someone to travel with before you leave. There are plenty of backpacker-type hotels in Egypt (eg. the Ismailia, Sun, Sultan, Dahab and Venus hotels in Cairo alone) where you'll invariably have the chance to hook up with other like-minded travelling companions. There's a definite 'gringo/khawaga' trail that you can always rely on when you want to meet other backpackers.

As an aside, you seem to be planning on doing a lot a flying for someone with the luxury of 6 whole months to see Egypt. You will stretch your budget that much further if you go by train or bus. The trains and buses really aren't that bad. In fact, they're excellent value for money. Egypptian domestic flights are actually among the most expensive in the world for foreigners on a dollar per distance flown basis.

Keep counting down those days.

Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glum_cat
Member # 4111

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for glum_cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
timbuctoo - thanks for the advice. I thought it might be a good idea to fly rather than go by bus or train to save time so that i can spend longer in each city, plus i dont travel well by train and bus!!! terrible travel sickness!!!

Dreamy11 - thanks for the emails just sent another reply!! youve put my mind at rest, thanks

Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're in Luxor, we were there last year and stayed over in the happy Land hote. A cheap and nice backpack hotel. Trips in the neighbourhood you can do by bike (if not to hot)

Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glum_cat,
Have you every tried it before ... in any other place in the world ...
Love to do something like that one day ... but have many questions about it.

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't confuse the Happy Land Hotel (off TV Street) with the Happy Home (off Mahatta Street). Happy Land comes highly recommended while the Happy Home unfortunately has (or had) a problem with personal belongings often going 'walkabout'.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com