EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Egyptair service

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptair service
sybyrite
Member # 3658

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sybyrite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a long flight from JFK. How is the food on Egyptair? Should I bring my own "doggie bag"?
Posts: 53 | From: cape may, NJ, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As airline food goes, it's not too bad.
I remember having more than enough food served, and a nice selection of fruit juices.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's put it this way, I couldn't identify the "food." Also if you want any alcoholic beverage, they will give you a little bottle of wine as you enter the plane. They will not serve any once in air.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sybyrite
Member # 3658

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sybyrite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they did say to feel free to bring your own bottle, and they would provide set-ups. I thought that was funny, a BYOB Airline.
Posts: 53 | From: cape may, NJ, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL...personally i never thought alcohol was a good idea bcs it dehydrates you...but some people get so nervous about flying, that it's really a good idea that they have something to settle them down i guess...and lately i discovered that if i have problems sleeping in my tiny economy seat, a bit of wine will knock me out.

about the food...i love egyptian food, but i really couldn't figure out what the heck they were serving... bring or protein bars, etc....just in case...you may not need it, but it'll be something that you can munch on later in your trip as snack food if you don't eat it during your flight. and if you don't, you can always give it away instead of candy or pens to kids.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

double post

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 06 May 2004).]

sybyrite
Member # 3658

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sybyrite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I love to fly, doesn't make me nervous at all. I'm a travel junkie at heart. Also, enjoy airplane food-it breaks the monotony. But I was on a flight once when they announced (just before boarding): "Please bring your own food, we do not serve meals on this flight." That was a 5 hour flight. I forget which airline it was. One of those American things.

annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Egypt Air on my last roundtrip to Egypt. I heard a lot of people complain but i didnt have any real issues. The food was fine. The only thing was our night stop in Cairo (from beirut to Montreal), they didnt have enough rooms in the hotel for all of us! we waited for 5 hours before they finally send us to another hotel to sleep for less than the time we had been waiting.
Anyway, this summer im going back but with Swiss Air (cheaper) and they dont give food, you have to buy it! I couldnt believe it! its like 8$ for a sandwich!

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sybyrite
Member # 3658

Rate Member
Too bad. I see many of the US airlines are now charging for meals also. Usually you don't get that nitpicking with foreign airlines. Hope your ticket was more than $8. cheaper.
Jeffrey LAX
Member # 3546

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeffrey LAX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, I flew EgyptAir in January from CAI to ASW and then from LXR back to CAI - and found the service excellent. Friendly, attentive flight staff and on-time departures and arrivals. I am sure that I made a total fool of myself practicing my Arabic with the crew, but they really made me feel at ease. All together an excellent experience. A great airline. I will fly them again.
Posts: 6 | From: Laguna Niguel, California, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghadah
Member # 3500

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghadah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sybyrite:
It's a long flight from JFK. How is the food on Egyptair? Should I bring my own "doggie bag"?

I thought the food on Egyptair was better than SAS for instance, the big drawback on the other hand, are the delays; "The plane shall arrive soon, Inshallah!" "Soon" meaning 5 hours...

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com