EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » my visit to egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my visit to egypt
carina
Member # 3843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

hi everybody

the countdown for my visit to egypt is starting and iam so excited about it. i heared that the weather will be very bad in 1 month when i be there but i still feel very excited. iam coming as a part of a group but sure i will also go some places which i knew from this site, i dont like tour agency shecdules all time. now i need some help about average taxi prices inside cairo please

Posts: 62 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bassanioleader
Member # 2215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bassanioleader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Carina, sure i know how u r feeling while visiting Egypt, and how much u r excited.. but just cool down and enjoy..as 4 the weather.. it depends on the wind coming from Asia especially hot wind from Saudi Arabia.. like this week..as weather forecasters say it is over normal rate this week by 8-10 degrees.. so u can just think it is nice now while it is hot, and a month later it is hot..while it is nice..see my point? as 4 transportation inside Cairo..u have 2 learn a new thing calld "bargaining" u can just reach 2 the minimum with them, then when agreed..if u like 2 pay extra 4 a tip ..they would be appreciating such a trick..enjoy..and acquire new friends..

bassaniopets@yahoo.com

Posts: 16 | From: cairo | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stallion
Member # 4079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stallion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi carina
i am glad that u r happy that u r comming to egypt well i am sure u will enjoy the weather it is a bit hot and sunny these days but it is ok at night u will love it any way hehe well i would be happy to give u any help i can when u come i can drive u sometimes to nice places well i am an architect i can give u a great tour and i know alot of nice place to spend the night ( clubs and resaurants ) well u asked about the taxi fees well it depends on from where u r taking the taxi and where u r going well i can help u in that even when u come u can call me and tell me from where u r taking the taxi and where u r heading i can tell u how much u pay well i hope u like egypt if u r intrested mail me at azab143@hotmail.com

Posts: 15 | From: cairo,maadi,egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stallion
Member # 4079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stallion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi again i forgot to tell u that the minimum taxi fee is 2 or 2.5 LE u can not pay less than that even if u took the taxi for a short distance well looking forward to hear from u
Posts: 15 | From: cairo,maadi,egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luca100273
Member # 4235

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for luca100273     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carina.....

...Did you use to live in London....? Where you at Westminster College during 1994 and 1996.....? It's just that you sound so much like this girl from Sweden which i was at college with.....

...If it's you ......i would LOVE to hear from you again....

ciao

Luca

luca100273@hotmail.com

Posts: 12 | From: Leicester, England, UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suta
Member # 3653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carina

Handling taxi drivers is a skill in itself especially when you are a tourist!! They see you coming and dollar signs register in their eyes! In order to get an idea of taxis it would be helpful to know where you will be based while you are here. It would be easier to give you a guide of the fare ranges that you would be expected to pay. They will always try to charge you over the odds even when you live here. Once you are a foreigner they will take their chances that you don't know what the going rate is. The key is to be assertive with them, if they sense any element of uncertainty on your part they will insist you pay more.

Posts: 21 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if u want a partner contact me ( just if u r sweet girl ) :
holo1111@yahoo.com

Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com