EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » looking for a song and an apartment to rent

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for a song and an apartment to rent
egyptian_aussie
Member # 3698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for egyptian_aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone on ES..

Firstly i need help in trying to find a song... its a golden oldie and i have no idea who sings it. some of it goes like this: 'wala3ha wala3ha, sha3lelha sha3l3lha' and 'ana kont baheb el mesh mesh bas delwaty baheb el manga' i need it to play at a friends wedding soon as it has sentimental value to my group of friends... i have searched high and low on the internet and cant find it anywhere.. of course it would help if i knew what the song was called!!

secondly, i am coming to egypt in july for about 4-5 months and need to find an apartment to rent in the area of 'helmeyet el zaitoon'. the apartment needs to be furnished with a phone. if anyone can point me in the direction of a real estate agent or a website other than e-dar and mobawaba that would be great. by the way i am egyptian and do not expect to be charged foreigner prices.

also, monica in one of your older post you mentioned a website that had arabic song translations/tranliterations where is that website?

Thanks heaps

Posts: 6 | From: Sydeny,NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the song you mean! There used to be a programme here in England called DefII, they once did this programme on Egypt and they interviewed that singer as his song was going through censorship for the innuendo's of 'manga and mish mish' tee hee!!!
That was years ago, will try to find out for you...good luck!

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"yulla wistik a wistik kamanaga...."
Oh no, this song is going to be playing in my head all day! I cannot find it anywhere coz i dont know who sings it!!!!! Someone help!

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1- Here is the link for the lyrics transliterations.. http://www.romanysaad.com/amrdiab/lyrics.shtml

2- Check the classifieds of this board and you will find real estate agents..

3- The song you're talking about...the meshmesh and manga bit rings a bell I must have heard it but maybe not enough to remember it ...by any chance could it be a Adaweya song..seems like his style of lyrics?

Make a search on Adaweya

AND......enjoy enjoy enjoy your months in Egypt!!!

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 25 May 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_aussie
Member # 3698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_aussie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Monica that website is AWESOME!! i love it... my cousins love nothing more than to laugh hysterically when i sing arabic songs with the wrong lyrics hahahaha problem solved!

Faraha... i LOVE this song.. and have asked everbody i know... and no one knows sho sings it... its not adaweya.. i hear it all the time at weddings when the singer sings it but finding it on tape/CD is proving impossible!!!

Posts: 6 | From: Sydeny,NSW, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com